PDA

View Full Version : Off Season Puntsphere Rumours.

Pages : [1] 2

JPaul
05-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Rumour has it that Robbie Keane may be interested in a move to Celtic.

He got a phenomenal reception from the fans on Sunday (even when he scored against we) and is said to get on well with Strachan.

Shall we discuss such rumours during t'off season.

manker
05-30-2005, 08:22 PM
Aye, why not.

Keane said that he's a Celtic fan, as is his namesake, Roy, so a move appeals -- seems every Irishman is a Celtic fan, they should stick to teams in their own country (:dry:). Also Jol doesn't seem to fancy him much so it makes sense all round.

In the mighty Sun today they declared that RVN has declared that he wants to leave Old Trafford, the Sun have decided that he has to go to Madrid in a swap for Owen. Kieron Richardson has also given Sir Alex an ultimatum ... I find both of those rumours difficult to believe.

DanB
05-30-2005, 08:26 PM
And apparently he has been given a £25million tranfers budget limit

Fergie that is

JPaul
05-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Re Keane (Robbie)

It may just be his way to announce himself as available to other teams, without actually saying he wants away. Tho' at his age some medals (even Scottish ones) may be appealing. That and the prospect of European puntsphere would make it a decent move for him.

He really did get a fabulous reception from t'Bhoys, which must also go for something.

Has Owen made any noises about returning to Engerland. I hadn't heard any such thing. However it is fair to say that anyone leaving Man U (by choice) would have to be headed to a very select list of teams.

manker
05-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Owen was quite vocal in the season about getting in the team else he'd be looking for other options. Not heard anything since it's finished, tho'. Apparently the Madrid fans are quite enamoured with him so it could well be that he'll give it another bash next season.

Keane going to Celtic does make sense given what you say, not sure if the wages would be a problem but I don't think he's on that much of an indecent salary at Spurs.

I was hoping Bellamy would stay too. From where I'm sitting he seems to have fitted in really well, not sure what the fans think of him but he's certainly looks to have enjoyed himself.

manker
05-30-2005, 08:41 PM

Fergie that isYeah, fixed for 5 years and I heard it could be closer to £20million :dry:

Teh fook is £20-25million going to buy in five years time.

JPaul
05-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Re Bellamy

Fans loved him to bits and everyone I know would take him in a minute (ooer missus).

However it is received wisdom that he would be going. With his career back on track due to his performances. But it was nice to see him sing "walk on" after the final, along with the rest of the team and the fans. I think the final straw is that he and Strachan apparently don't get on.

It would also make sense him leaving and Keane coming in. It sort of fits together logically and seems right.

DanB
05-30-2005, 08:47 PM

Fergie that isYeah, fixed for 5 years and I heard it could be closer to £20million :dry:

Nothing, probably 3 months wages at this rate :frusty:

JPaul
05-30-2005, 08:47 PM

Indeed.

Sir A has spent that type of money on one player, on more than one occasion.

How are you fixed for youngsters coming thro'. We have a number of really good prospects at Paradise.

JPaul
05-30-2005, 08:48 PM
manfan,

Meant to say, Liam M got pelters every time she touched the sphere on Sunday.

manker
05-30-2005, 08:55 PM
Yeah, fixed for 5 years and I heard it could be closer to £20million :dry:

Indeed.

Sir A has spent that type of money on one player, on more than one occasion.

How are you fixed for youngsters coming thro'. We have a number of really good prospects at Paradise.None that are outstanding, however a few in the Darren Fletcher mould who could do a job in the Premiership. The reserves won their league this year and watching them on MUTV was sometimes more entertaining than seeing the firsts :ermm:

Having said that, Beckham was a late bloomer as was Scholes so the best from the current reserves are worth perservereing with; Blake, Rossi and Eagles all looked impressive.

It looks as if we're going to have to rely on the acadamy for a few years - a sell to buy scenario.

JPaul
05-30-2005, 09:05 PM
You did that before tho' didn't you.

A shedload of good boys who won the Youth FA cup and so forth as I recall.

manker
05-31-2005, 10:48 AM

A shedload of good boys who won the Youth FA cup and so forth as I recall.It would be a dream for that to happen again, I fear it's a once in a lifetime thing tho' - unless you're old enough to remember the Busby Babes. I think my Dad might be :unsure:

Just been reading in the paper about Strachan's plans. Seems he wants to keep those recently out of contract, Lennon and McNamara, and has already held 'positive' talks with Bellamy. He wasn't so forthcoming concerning transfer targets but I suppose that's to be expected.

JPaul
05-31-2005, 11:03 AM

A shedload of good boys who won the Youth FA cup and so forth as I recall.It would be a dream for that to happen again, I fear it's a once in a lifetime thing tho' - unless you're old enough to remember the Busby Babes. I think my Dad might be :unsure:

Just been reading in the paper about Strachan's plans. Seems he wants to keep those recently out of contract, Lennon and McNamara, and has already held 'positive' talks with Bellamy. He wasn't so forthcoming concerning transfer targets but I suppose that's to be expected.

I'm (just) old enough to remember when Celtic won the European cup. The furthest away from Glasgow any of the Team was born was 35 miles.

I think the young English talent is there and that most of them would be willing to go to United. You just have to get the scouts finding them early enough. The problem now is that success must be instant. The days of building a team seem to be gone, certainly for the massive clubs like yourself.

Good news on the Strachan front. Lennon and McNamara are two I wouldn't like to lose. If he can also keep Bellamy that would be great. Like I said the vast bulk of fans would want him to stay.

manker
05-31-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm (just) old enough to remember when Celtic won the European cup. The furthest away from Glasgow any of the Team was born was 35 miles.Feck, was it really! We don't even get a team of Englishmen competeing in the Premiership these days, tho' I'm pretty sure the entire Rhyl side were born and bred locally. That once in a lifetime thing, I was referring specifically to United, the freakishness of Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Butt and the Nevilles coming thro' is something I don't expect to see again.

As I said, I hope Bellamy stays, I do like him as a player and he always does his best for Wales, unlike certain other individuals. I don't expect a top-six club to take a chance on his temperament so for me him staying at Celtic makes sense instead of going to the likes of Aston Villa or Middlesboro'.

JPaul
05-31-2005, 02:08 PM
Word on the street is that Man U are showing and interest in Aunty Niemi, with Roy Carrol leaving.

Previous associated rumour is that Celtic were also interested in Niemi, did I mention that B4.

I think he's a great keeper, but we are fecked if you chaps want him.

DanB
05-31-2005, 05:49 PM
Also they are interested in Buffon, but his price is £35m, which is slightly over budget.

They being Man U

nostalgia
05-31-2005, 05:52 PM
Is it true or also a rumour that Balde is joining Bayern Munich?

JPaul
05-31-2005, 05:52 PM
Also they are interested in Buffon, but his price is £35m, which is slightly over budget.

They being Man U
I thought you meant the Hoops for a minute :lol: :cry: :frusty:

manker
05-31-2005, 05:55 PM
Is it true or also a rumour that Balde is joining Bayern Munich?I think it's practically signed, sealed and delivered, mate.

He's said that he wants to go there but there are other clubs hovering too.

manker
05-31-2005, 05:56 PM

They being Man U
I thought you meant the Hoops for a minute :lol: :cry: :frusty:Seems a little excessive for a keeper anyway. No, I'm not bitter about the spending cap :cry:

JPaul
05-31-2005, 06:02 PM
Is it true or also a rumour that Balde is joining Bayern Munich?I think it's practically signed, sealed and delivered, mate.

I think he's waiting for the call and it is his preference, but I don't think it's a done deal.

Rab Douglas to Leicester as I understand it, that one's all over bar the shouting.

JPaul
05-31-2005, 06:03 PM
I thought you meant the Hoops for a minute :lol: :cry: :frusty:Seems a little excessive for a keeper anyway. No, I'm not bitter about the spending cap :cry:
I hope you do get him, then we can get Niemi.

manker
05-31-2005, 06:09 PM
I think it's practically signed, sealed and delivered, mate.

I think he's waiting for the call and it is his preference, but I don't think it's a done deal.
Haven't terms been agreed and all that tho'? As I understand it Celtic have agreed to his departure, Bayern have agreed to pay him what he wants and he has expressed an interest in going. I might be mistaken on any one of those as I'm not sure where I read it and my regular sources of soccer transfer gossip include Sunday red-tops.

manker
05-31-2005, 06:12 PM
Seems a little excessive for a keeper anyway. No, I'm not bitter about the spending cap :cry:
I hope you do get him, then we can get Niemi.Definitely a good keeper but he was pretty appalling in the latter half of this season.

I like Schwarzer of Middlesboro' but Fergie would probably have signed him by now if he was gonna. It's a pity Brad Friedel isn't a bit younger as I think he is an outstanding keeper.

I also like Shay Given but I think we sniffed around there in the transfer window and the Chebus mafia wouldn't let him go.

JPaul
05-31-2005, 06:20 PM
I hope you do get him, then we can get Niemi.Definitely a good keeper but he was pretty appalling in the latter half of this season.

I like Schwarzer of Middlesboro' but Fergie would probably have signed him by now if he was gonna. It's a pity Brad Friedel isn't a bit younger as I think he is an outstanding keeper.

I also like Shay Given but I think we sniffed around there in the transfer window and the Chebus mafia wouldn't let him go.
I think Given was with us as a lad.

Re Balde, his recent contract said that he could leave this summer if he wanted. So my understanding is that we had no say and get no fee.

Peerzy
05-31-2005, 07:06 PM
Scott Parker & Micheal Forsell of Chelsea are set to move to Everton in a £10 mill double deal apparently.

Rat Faced
05-31-2005, 10:01 PM
http://img49.echo.cx/img49/4712/screenshot0081pc.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

JPaul
06-03-2005, 12:43 PM
It appears Southampton are looking for £2,000,000 for Niemi. Probably a large whack of out budget, I imagine Celtic are looking to pay half of that.

Other targets are Hartley (Hearts) and Riordan (Hibs)

Celtic missed out on Hartley before, so that is expected to be pretty much on the cards. Riordan is less likely, however he does not have a lot left on his contract so they may be forced to sell while they can get something for him.

99%
06-03-2005, 12:57 PM
I thought punting was
but i guess you aren't talking about pims here...
http://www.keleka.net/deepbackground/resources/places/punting.jpg

manker
06-03-2005, 05:12 PM
I hear Liverpool are selling Baros and buying Crouch :lol: :blink:

Two million seems fair for Niemi. He was touted at around four and a half million this time last year.

JPaul
06-03-2005, 06:31 PM
The prob with Crouch is that teams must be tempted to go for the long ball all the time.

It seems ther are a couple of Premiership teams interested in Niemi now, so we can start looking for another keeper.

We do have Marshall so it's not a desperation thing.

manker
06-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Why are you selling Rab Douglas, btw?

Mr JP Fugley
06-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Why are you selling Rab Douglas, btw?
I don't know if we are selling him, I think the contract is up and he is not being offered another. That and the fact that he was second to Marshall for protracted periods may have encouraged him away.

I think they reckon that a better keeper is required to build the team around. Bearing in mind that Marshall is still very young.

The stats are something like, in 38 (league) games we lost 35 goals and rangers lost 22. So their goal diff was higher than ours, due to the goals conceded, though we scored quite a few more.

manker
06-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Ah, I see. Much the same reason as t'mighty reds, then. The reason I ask is because I've seen Douglas in goal quite a few times recently and he definitely doesn't live up to the stereotype.

maebach
06-04-2005, 01:27 AM
could someone explain whats happening with manchester united being owned (70%+) by the american guy who owns tampa bay bucaneers. espn was talking about man u fans getting scared but i had to go.

manker
06-04-2005, 10:00 AM
could someone explain whats happening with manchester united being owned (70%+) by the american guy who owns tampa bay bucaneers. espn was talking about man u fans getting scared but i had to go.Man Utd getting pwned by some American is about right :pinch:

Here (http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=95661) is a thread about it.

manker
06-06-2005, 09:42 AM
It seems ther are a couple of Premiership teams interested in Niemi now, so we can start looking for another keeper.

We do have Marshall so it's not a desperation thing.Yesterday we signed Van Der Sar. Great 'keeper but he's thirty fecking four.

Not too sure whether that'll end our forray into the 'keeper market or whether he's to be a stop gap - like when we bought Goram or Sealey a few years back.

JPaul
06-06-2005, 01:39 PM
I heard the rumour and was going to post it, obviously more than a rumour then.

34 is nothing for a keeper nowadays. I don't think he was bought as a stop gap he's too good for that. What type of contract did you give him.

manker
06-06-2005, 02:31 PM
I heard the rumour and was going to post it, obviously more than a rumour then.

34 is nothing for a keeper nowadays. I don't think he was bought as a stop gap he's too good for that. What type of contract did you give him.No details have been released as yet, the fee is also undisclosed.

Schmeichel is the benchmark I would use for 'keepers and he left United at 35, I think 2 years is all Van De Sar would have left playing in the Premiership before his reflexes started to dull to the extent he couldn't perform to top-class standards.

I'm wondering if we've only got him before making a bid for a different 'keeper in the Jan transfer window - alternatively as a short term measure before Tim Howard fulfils the potential that Fergie obviously thinks he has.

Peerzy
06-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Schmeichel was at the top of his game at 35 tho, and still had maybe 2/3 years or premiership quality keepin' in him, remember when he was 35 was teh year you did the Treble.

Imagine, Petr Cech is only 22 :lol:

JPaul
06-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Kevin Phillips to Celtic, c£700,000.

Sounds reasonable, S'Ton clearing out and Phillips already having worked for Strachan.

Peerzy
06-11-2005, 02:19 AM
Forssell (Chelsea) has been sold to Birmingham where he has spent the last 2 years on loan to (This years loan cut short because of an injury) for £3 mill.

Not sure if this is good or bad, Mourinho is either clearing out his strikers so he can offer big bucks for a world class Striker or just likes a smaller squad in which case i would have liked Forssell to stay at least for another season. Cause he hasn't really played for us for over 2 years.

JPaul
06-12-2005, 09:50 AM
Looks like Bellamy to Everton.

It's probably about the best he can get, I can't see man U, Arsenal or Chelsea being interested, obviously not newcastle Utd and I have herad nothing from Liverpool.

They also have the £6,000,000 and can afford the wages. So if he stays in the UK Everton has got to be the best bet.

Oh and champs league football, obviously.

enoughfakefiles
06-12-2005, 10:30 AM

It's probably about the best he can get, I can't see man U, Arsenal or Chelsea being interested, obviously not newcastle Utd and I have herad nothing from Liverpool.

They also have the £6,000,000 and can afford the wages. So if he stays in the UK Everton has got to be the best bet.

Newcastle are interested in swapping bellamy and robert to man city for shaun wright phillips.

JPaul
06-12-2005, 01:22 PM

Newcastle are interested in swapping bellamy and robert to man city for shaun wright phillips.
Do you think he would want to go to Man City, particularly with everton in 4th place and looking at Champs League football.

manker
06-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Why would Shaun Wright Phillips want to go to Newcastle :blink:

I suppose anywhere is better than City but he could take his pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Arsenal eventually.

JPaul
06-12-2005, 02:30 PM

I suppose anywhere is better than City but he could take his pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Arsenal eventually.
Good point, he is a rare wee player.

But why would he go to Arsenal. I think he is more likely to follow in his da's footsteps.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/780000/images/_781327_wright150.jpg

manker
06-12-2005, 02:35 PM
That must make him difficult to drug test :pinch:

enoughfakefiles
06-12-2005, 03:16 PM

Good point, he is a rare wee player.

But why would he go to Arsenal. I think he is more likely to follow in his da's footsteps.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/780000/images/_781327_wright150.jpg

And end up playing for burnley. :D

http://pictures.footymad.net/upload/104/31281-1.jpg

:01:

manker
06-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Robert has just gone to Bolton.

I doubt too many Newcastle fans will be too bothered because he isn't happy unless he's whinging about something or t'other. What might rankle, tho', is that his agent has said the move is for Laurent to fulfil his desire for European football next season :pinch:

manker
06-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Looks as if Scott Parker is going to Newcastle for £6.5million. If it pans out, he will be an excellent signing. With Keane and Scholes nearing the end of their respective careers, I'm surprised and disappointed that Man Utd didn't go in for him.

His face didn't seem to fit at Chelsea but I've always thought him a fantastic footballer.

JPaul
06-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Jackie MacNamara to Wolves on a 2 year contract.

Sad loss to us but best of luck to the chap.

Peerzy
06-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Looks as if Scott Parker is going to Newcastle for £6.5million. If it pans out, he will be an excellent signing. With Keane and Scholes nearing the end of their respective careers, I'm surprised and disappointed that Man Utd didn't go in for him.

His face didn't seem to fit at Chelsea but I've always thought him a fantastic footballer.

Yup he seems like a younger Mackalele, which is a great thing whoever he goes to they will be lucky.

Robert has gone to Pompy apparently now :ohmy:

manker
06-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie is off on a free transfer to Dutch outfit FC Pokey. He is believed to be taking substantial wage cut.

enoughfakefiles
06-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie is off on a free transfer to Dutch outfit FC Pokey. He is believed to be taking substantial wage cut.

I bet it`s killed wenger to let him go. :(

DanB
06-16-2005, 05:04 PM

:naughty:

(>Zero Cool<)
06-16-2005, 06:34 PM

:lol:

read today that some Birmingham fans signed an online petition against Birmigham signing Lee Bowyer, apparently Bowyer does not want to go where he is not wanted even though the club wants to sign him. :huh:

JPaul
06-16-2005, 10:22 PM

read today that some Birmingham fans signed an online petition against Birmigham signing Lee Bowyer, apparently Bowyer does not want to go where he is not wanted even though the club wants to sign him. :huh:
271 of them said that he quite frankly is not the right sort, on a moral level.

The Manager and Exec are seriously pissed of apparently. They seem to think that his football prowess is the only factor. I personally feel that the fact he has form for jumping on people's heads, both on and off the field may have been what these fans objected to.

Should one disassociate a players ability from his character and accept him for his performance's alone. Mayhap another thread.

JPaul
06-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Michael Owen to Man U, an interesting new puntsphere rumour on Talksport today.

Which would almost certainly mean Van Nestlebar moving on.

Has anyone heard 'owt.

manker
06-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Michael Owen to Man U, an interesting new puntsphere rumour on Talksport today.

Which would almost certainly mean Van Nestlebar moving on.

Has anyone heard 'owt.Aye. Haven't known what to think of it tho'.

I'd love Owen to come to Man Utd but I'm not so sure of wanting him if it has to be at the expense of RVN. Rooney playing behind those two would be awesome but the whole balance of the team would be thrown out. We'd need proper wing-backs and all sorts. The system wouldn't suit Ronaldo plus we'd need someone like Makelele/Carrick/Parker to hold it all together in the middle 'cos Keane isn't up to it and Scholes isn't that type of player. Plus we'd need an extra centre half :dry:

So, yeah ... Ruud would probably be on his way out if we signed Owen :(

Liverpool can't afford him and Chelsea said they're not interested. Arsenal would be Man Utd's main rivals for Owen's signature but I think he'd prefer it at Old Trafford, having bought a whole Cul-de-sac in Chester for his family to live in. The Hat-trick he scored for England recently probably made up Real's mind to sell him, imo. Increased his transfer value, like.

manker
06-16-2005, 10:40 PM

271 of them said that he quite frankly is not the right sort, on a moral level.

The Manager and Exec are seriously pissed of apparently. They seem to think that his football prowess is the only factor. I personally feel that the fact he has form for jumping on people's heads, both on and off the field may have been what these fans objected to.Birmingham (the city) is also more cosmopolitan that either Newcastle or Leeds so the racial element in Bowyer's off-field indiscretions probably played a part too.

I think the fans were quite right in their views, I wouldn't want Bowyer at United (besides, he's not that good) -- however, 271 is not really that many :unsure:

JPaul
06-16-2005, 10:44 PM
I think they bought him for 6 and would be looking for 12, not bad profit for a "squad" player.

I also think that at this stage in his career, with a World Cup on the horizon, which may be his last (real(no pun intended)) one then a return to England is a good bet.

For my money it's Man U or Liverpool (cash aside). The unexpected chance in t'Champs League may just finance the deal (for the most part). It would certainly be a polpliar return for the scousers. Does any scouse git have a spin on this one.

manker
06-16-2005, 10:51 PM
I think they bought him for 9 and are looking to sell for 16 :ermm:

Sounds about right wrt World Cup and that, plus Madrid are looking to re-vamp after 2 barren seasons.

Scouse gits are losing a shedload by not travelling to see all their Japanian fans. I'd be thoroughly shocked if they could finance the deal. Stranger things have happened tho' - like hoping to sell Baros to buy Crouch (sorry to keep banging on about that but every time I see it on the screen, it makes me laugh).

JPaul
06-16-2005, 11:01 PM
I think they bought him for 9 and are looking to sell for 16 :ermm:

Sorry, I got the figures from Mike Parry, who has many great attributes. Not talking pish is unfortunately not one of them.

Anyhoo .... The point was more that it would make good business sense for them to sell the lad for a 6 / 7 profit. Particliarly if he is seeking a move to enhance his career, both domestic and international.

I'm going to put my neck out here, fuck that was sore.

manker
06-16-2005, 11:08 PM
I got my figures from The Sun :snooty:

Transfer fees are subjective anyway, they can expressed as including the player's wages and other xps - not forgetting the multi-talented Nunes who was part of the deal when Owen was transferred. I'm sure your mate was right but the likelyhood is that The Sun were on the money too.

JPaul
06-16-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm sure your mate was right but the likelyhood is that The Sun were on the money too.
Nah, my mate is renowned for making it up as he goes along. Just listen to his prog (The Game) with Paul Breen-Turner any afternoon and you'll know what I mean.

manker
06-16-2005, 11:27 PM
I'm sure your mate was right but the likelyhood is that The Sun were on the money too.
Nah, my mate is renowned for making it up as he goes along. Just listen to his prog (The Game) with Paul Breen-Turner any afternoon and you'll know what I mean.Didn't you smeeeeeeelll what manker was cooking :naughty:

2-2, mate.

JPaul
06-17-2005, 06:49 AM
Nah, my mate is renowned for making it up as he goes along. Just listen to his prog (The Game) with Paul Breen-Turner any afternoon and you'll know what I mean.Didn't you smeeeeeeelll what manker was cooking :naughty:

2-2, mate.
Funny enough I was at t'wrastlin at SECC last night with No 3 son. Absolutely fan-tastic as ever. I managed to get away with the buying of 1 T-shirt, so only bumped for £20 as opposed to £54 at Newcastle.

I must be getting toight in me old age.

Peerzy
06-17-2005, 11:27 AM
According to teh BBC news and Football Manager 2005 ( :01: ) He cost 8 and bit millions, not sure what Real want. Remember that for winning the Champions League Liverpool have been given close to £30 million (It was about £27/£28 million if i remember right) So theres enough money there for a £15 million transfer for a decent striker (Baros is shit and im not sure about Ciise, he might just be a faster Baros with different hair every few minutes)

Im sure Real are gonna buy another striker this season, only problem with there squad is that its getting kinda old now, with Zidana (33 or so) Figo (32 or 33) Raul (30-something) Ronaldo (Who's about 28 but way past his best and doesn't even get a starting place for Brazil anymore. They need a real world class striker and maybe a few more midfielders. I heard they got teh new 'Pele' Robinho coming in soon, hes a player and a half. Watching some of the videos on his website and i've seen him play for Santo's a few times and he is undoubtably going to be the next Shevchenko/Ronaldo/Adriano/Ronaldinho. He has such skill on the ball, his technique is amazing and great pace. Best of all for Real he's 21 or so and ready to be snatched up for a bargin £6 mill or so. Right now he & Adriano (Inter Milan) right out for the second spot with Ronaldhino in teh Brazil team.

:blink:

(>Zero Cool<)
06-17-2005, 02:19 PM
According to teh BBC news and Football Manager 2005 ( :01: ) He cost 8 and bit millions, not sure what Real want. Remember that for winning the Champions League Liverpool have been given close to £30 million (It was about £27/£28 million if i remember right) So theres enough money there for a £15 million transfer for a decent striker (Baros is shit and im not sure about Ciise, he might just be a faster Baros with different hair every few minutes)

Im sure Real are gonna buy another striker this season, only problem with there squad is that its getting kinda old now, with Zidana (33 or so) Figo (32 or 33) Raul (30-something) Ronaldo (Who's about 28 but way past his best and doesn't even get a starting place for Brazil anymore. They need a real world class striker and maybe a few more midfielders. I heard they got teh new 'Pele' Robinho coming in soon, hes a player and a half. Watching some of the videos on his website and i've seen him play for Santo's a few times and he is undoubtably going to be the next Shevchenko/Ronaldo/Adriano/Ronaldinho. He has such skill on the ball, his technique is amazing and great pace. Best of all for Real he's 21 or so and ready to be snatched up for a bargin £6 mill or so. Right now he & Adriano (Inter Milan) right out for the second spot with Ronaldhino in teh Brazil team.

Robinho is indeed a player :)

as for Liverpool, I actually think Baros does ok :unsure: , Cisse needs a run in the team to find out if he has it but so far I am not particularly convinced. Re: owen read somewhere that he said he would fancy going to Chelsea if he went back to Engurlund, suggesting that Real may use him as part of a deal along with cash for Lampard because as you say the Real squad is beginning to creak a bit.

JPaul
06-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Rumour re Celtic, re-iterating some of the previous stuff.

Derek Riordan (Hibs), Paul Hartley (Hearts) and Zander Diamond (Aberdeen) all "signed" for Celtic. However no announcement being made pending a quality signing. Otherwise the fans will think that we are just re-inforcing with "squad" players.

Peerzy
06-17-2005, 03:22 PM

Robinho is indeed a player :)

as for Liverpool, I actually think Baros does ok :unsure: , Cisse needs a run in the team to find out if he has it but so far I am not particularly convinced. Re: owen read somewhere that he said he would fancy going to Chelsea if he went back to Engurlund, suggesting that Real may use him as part of a deal along with cash for Lampard because as you say the Real squad is beginning to creak a bit.

Baro's does well at what he does, which is holding onto the ball and waiting for the midfield to get up teh pitch, he also draws alot of corners out of the defenders. But what he doesn't do is score.

As good of a player Owen is i can't see Lampard leaving.

Reguarding the Madrid squad i've been reading up and boy have them made some mistakes. £37 million 4 years ago for Figo, now they want to let him go for free. £47 million for Zidine, now he's worth little to nothing. Thats nearly £100 spent on 2 very old players, Zidine was 29/30 at the time of his transfer.

JPaul
06-17-2005, 03:41 PM
You have to realize with clubs like Real that profitability is not anywhere near as important a factor as it is for most others.

Think of Chelski, which to a large extent is a hobby for a seriously wealthy man. Real have been that type of club for years.

The difference with the likes of Man U is that the chap needs to make a profit from it, otherwise he will have lost a large part of his fortune. Unlike Chelski, where a few hundred million is not really that important.

Peerzy
06-17-2005, 03:51 PM
You have to realize with clubs like Real that profitability is not anywhere near as important a factor as it is for most others.

Think of Chelski, which to a large extent is a hobby for a seriously wealthy man. Real have been that type of club for years.

The difference with the likes of Man U is that the chap needs to make a profit from it, otherwise he will have lost a large part of his fortune. Unlike Chelski, where a few hundred million is not really that important.

True, however Chelsea have yet to buy a 30 year old player who had not been at his best for 2 years or £50 million. There largest buy was Drogba, a 24 year old Striker who had proven himself at national and french club level, agree'd not the best buy but a hell of a lot better than Zidane. If it is just a game for Real they should go out an buy some young up and coming talent.

JPaul
06-17-2005, 04:41 PM

If it is just a game for Real they should go out an buy some young up and coming talent.

Why bother, when they can buy the finished article, in his prime.

They don't only but galactacos (sp), they buy other players as well and bring their own talent thro'. However they buy the players which make them a cut above the rest and replace them when needed.

manker
06-17-2005, 07:28 PM
Drogba a better buy than Zidane :lol:

Honestly, he plays international football for the Ivory Coast and the French League is nothing compared to the Premiership. It has a few goodish teams is all.

Zidane won CL and La Liga trophies for Madrid, he was the difference between them and the opposition all the way thro' the respective tournaments. A magnificent player and a wonderful aquisition.

I know you meant value for money rather than a better player but you simply can't put a price on the trophies Zidane has helped Madrid win. I truly believe if he'd gone to Milan or Barca then Madrid wouldn't have a) won so much b) attracted so many quality players.

Zidane is past his best now but is still a wonderful footballer, better than anything at Chelsea. At his peak, when Madrid bought him, he was peerless. Drogba is ... rubbish.

JPaul
06-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Like I said, Real don't look for value for money. They look for the best, so they can win stuff.

manker
06-17-2005, 08:07 PM
Like I said, Real don't look for value for money. They look for the best, so they can win stuff.
Yup, I quite agree. Tho' their strategy of not bothering to buy any defensive type defenders has caught up with them recently. It was good to see Barca win La Liga this year, not exactly sure why but I've always enjoyed watching them play more than watching Madrid.

JPaul
06-17-2005, 08:17 PM
I too was supporting the Barca campaign.

For the rather pathetic reasons that Hendrick had joined them and that No2 and I had visited the Camp Nou, in an almost pilgrimesque fashion. I believe I posted phoaties.

manker
06-17-2005, 08:36 PM

For the rather pathetic reasons that Hendrick had joined them and that No2 and I had visited the Camp Nou, in an almost pilgrimesque fashion. I believe I posted phoaties.Indeed you did. Quality they were too.

Squarehead's been quite the lucky lad this season, even got Hartson to smile in that piccy.

JPaul
06-17-2005, 10:00 PM

For the rather pathetic reasons that Hendrick had joined them and that No2 and I had visited the Camp Nou, in an almost pilgrimesque fashion. I believe I posted phoaties.Indeed you did. Quality they were too.

Squarehead's been quite the lucky lad this season, even got Hartson to smile in that piccy.
:lol: irl, thanks for that.

Peerzy
06-18-2005, 12:46 AM
Drogba a better buy than Zidane :lol:

Honestly, he plays international football for the Ivory Coast and the French League is nothing compared to the Premiership. It has a few goodish teams is all.

Zidane won CL and La Liga trophies for Madrid, he was the difference between them and the opposition all the way thro' the respective tournaments. A magnificent player and a wonderful aquisition.

I know you meant value for money rather than a better player but you simply can't put a price on the trophies Zidane has helped Madrid win. I truly believe if he'd gone to Milan or Barca then Madrid wouldn't have a) won so much b) attracted so many quality players.

Zidane is past his best now but is still a wonderful footballer, better than anything at Chelsea. At his peak, when Madrid bought him, he was peerless. Drogba is ... rubbish.

Yeah i ment better value not a better player, i think a 90 year old Zidane would be better than Drogba in his prime, but in the 4 years Zidane & Figo have been at Real 2 have ended trophyless and both players value has dropped to pratically nothing, Figo is likley to be let off on a free transfer to some mid level Priemership team, Zidane isn't worth more than £7million or so these days, and his days at the top flight are numbered.

One of the stupidest moves Real have made is to sell Mackelele, true they needed the money to pay for Beckham, but i would take Mackelele over Beckham anyday. He's in my mind the worlds best defensive midfielder, if your going to have attacking wingers and another attacking midfielder like Lampard or someone you need someone like Parker/Mackelele/Carrick to sit in front of the back 4 and win you those important balls and play it nice and simple to someone who is gonna go forward with it.

Beckham can cross the ball and cross dress, not much else tho :P

JPaul
06-18-2005, 07:06 AM
i think a 90 year old Zidane would be better than Drogba in his prime
That's just mad talk

One of the stupidest moves Real have made is to sell Mackelele, true they needed the money to pay for Beckham, but i would take Mackelele over Beckham anyday.

I very much doubt that they needed the money and at the time DB was one of the top footballers in the World.

If you really believe that then you don't actually watch puntsphere.

DB may not be the force he once was, but he is and always was a quality player.

Peerzy
06-18-2005, 11:58 PM
That's just mad talk

One of the stupidest moves Real have made is to sell Mackelele, true they needed the money to pay for Beckham, but i would take Mackelele over Beckham anyday.

I very much doubt that they needed the money and at the time DB was one of the top footballers in the World.

If you really believe that then you don't actually watch puntsphere.

DB may not be the force he once was, but he is and always was a quality player.

I read somewhere that the same of a midfield player was needed to bring in Beckham, so Mackalele was shifted off to Chelsea for £16 mill.

Since said sale RM have won nowt and been knocked out very early in teh CL. In every team you need balance, if your to have an attacking midfielder and 2 attacking wingers you need a good holding midfielder, someone which RM lack.

At the time DB might have been a great player but now 2 years on i feel he's losing his magic. Think in 2 years time will he still be a an automatice England/Real Madrid choice :unsure:

manker
06-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Just heard that Man Utd have signed Park Ji-Sung. He says that he's not going there because of some asian targeted marketing strategy - but one wonders.

Btw, I've never had great looks on Beckham. I can't tell anymore but I don't think it's because he's left United 'cos even when he was there, I never held him in the same regard as Keane, Giggs or Scholes. I thought he was the poorest of that quartet, as I did with the Euro 2004 England midfield of Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes and Becks.

Peerzy
06-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Spanish international Del Horno has signed for Chelsea for £8 mill.

Out of Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard and Cole i still think Beckham is the weakest. If he wasn't in the side Cole could play on the right where he's best at and someone else on the left. Joe Cole on the left is no where near as effective as he is on the right.

Beckham is still a good player but majorly overhyped.

manker
06-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Never heard of him :blink: :lol:

I had to check the BBC website (http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4083412.stm) to see if you were rodding me.

Peerzy
06-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Never :huh: ?

He scored against England in the friendly half a year ago, the one where Rooney was subbed after like 30 minutes cause he was about to get sent off :lol:

He's very good, not a great attacking or crossing thread but a great tackler and very fast. Who needs an attacking full back when you can play Duff, Robben & Cole in the winger position :snooty:

manker
06-22-2005, 09:29 PM

He scored against England in the friendly half a year ago, the one where Rooney was subbed after like 30 minutes cause he was about to get sent off :lol:

He's very good, not a great attacking or crossing thread but a great tackler and very fast. Who needs an attacking full back when you can play Duff, Robben & Cole in the winger position :snooty:Don't recall that game well as I was in teh pub. I do remember Roony almost losing it, Neville kicking Reyes up in the air several times (to much applause) and Xavi playing out of his skin but the rest is a blur. Never really noticed him in other games either, I guess.

And stop showing off about Robben and Duff :snooty: :lol:

Peerzy
06-22-2005, 10:47 PM

He's very good, not a great attacking or crossing thread but a great tackler and very fast. Who needs an attacking full back when you can play Duff, Robben & Cole in the winger position :snooty:Don't recall that game well as I was in teh pub. I do remember Roony almost losing it, Neville kicking Reyes up in the air several times (to much applause) and Xavi playing out of his skin but the rest is a blur. Never really noticed him in other games either, I guess.

Yeah someone kicks the ball over the top and it goes off Rooney just missing it, the Keeper goes to get the ball and Rooney stands theer till he's bending over and give him a nice shove over the secruity fence :lol: Ref was too far away to see.

BTW Manker, who's better,

Robben
Duff
Klieberson
Miler

:unsure:

manker
06-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Don't recall that game well as I was in teh pub. I do remember Roony almost losing it, Neville kicking Reyes up in the air several times (to much applause) and Xavi playing out of his skin but the rest is a blur. Never really noticed him in other games either, I guess.

Yeah someone kicks the ball over the top and it goes off Rooney just missing it, the Keeper goes to get the ball and Rooney stands theer till he's bending over and give him a nice shove over the secruity fence :lol: Ref was too far away to see.

Robben
Duff
Klieberson
Miler

:unsure:You spelled Ronaldo and Rooney incorrectly :snooty:

Who's better, Peerzy:

Robben
Duff

or

Rooney
Ronaldo

No fecking contest, the reds have it :01:

Peerzy
06-23-2005, 01:34 AM

Robben
Duff
Klieberson
Miler

:unsure:You spelled Ronaldo and Rooney incorrectly :snooty:

Who's better, Peerzy:

Robben
Duff

or

Rooney
Ronaldo

Rooney has quality, however Ronaldo is a bit too much of a pussy for me to like, and i like most pussy.

Come within 20 feet of him and he hits the deck faster than a Drogba attempting the fly.

If you look at both squads, first XI and the subs, Chelsea have a far better team, except maybe the attacking side, at which point i think it would be best if we just played 6 in midfield.

After a quality forward signing i seriously cannot see Rooney and Ronaldo coming any close to the quality of a fully fit Chelsea team. Hey even without Drogba (Good thing) Duff, Robben, Bridge, Terry, Ferrerier or Cech we still manage to kick your asses 3-1 (Should have been 2-1 tho)

All those players we missed ammounted to about £82 million + however much you would say Terry is (At least £25 million pushing on £30 million.

Oh and its gonna be a hard summer for Sir Alex, on paper Man U should seriously be kicking ass. Defence looks strong (could add maybe 1 more world class signing as Brown looks iffy) Midfield is starting to age but still there all great talents (Minus Klieberson) but lacks good bench support. Attack is very good (Rooney & VNR are extreamly gifted but then theres Saha & Smith who never really do anything apart from warm the bench. Think when VNR is out for 2 months who else do you play up front thats a prove goalscorer? When Ronaldo is on the floor claiming he's broken his leg who do you pull out the back? Klieberson, the player who in his last 10 appearances has not scored and funny enough in those last 10 games for Man U they have not won.

Chelsea have a number of supporting players. Defence for example Johnson is are only weak point. Gallas, Terry & Carvalho are all world class. Brige & now Del Horno are both good. Midfield you've got Duff who plays on the left, then you've got Robben & Cole who can play on either the left or the right. Lampard who's one of the best attacking midfielders in the game and Mackalele who is the best holding midfielder in the game. Take a few of them away and who can you play.... Tiago? may cast your minds back to his 30 yard strike against teh Redage. You can bring back Gudjonson into an attacking midfield position, much like Rooney plays. Maybe we still need another midfielder, Jarosik is shyte and havn't seen enough of Smertin.

Up front in our main issue, Drogba is okay, he was class at the start of the season but then hit injuries and the last half was utter shyte. Kezman in my mind didn't get enough playing time and starts and he could be a big hit at the Bridge in my view. Gudjohnson is our only real sucess of the season but he doesn't really play striker anymore, he's more of an attacking midfielder.

I mock your....ummm, well i mock you :01:

manker
06-23-2005, 02:16 AM
Fecked if I'm going to answer that at ten past three! I'll look again tomorrow. Nice post tho'.

Have to explain, when I said the reds have it - I meant the red font. Rooney and Ronaldo are better than Duff and Robben.

Peerzy
06-23-2005, 02:47 AM
Fecked if I'm going to answer that at ten past three! I'll look again tomorrow. Nice post tho'.

Have to explain, when I said the reds have it - I meant the red font. Rooney and Ronaldo are better than Duff and Robben.

30 past 3 now, although im not sure if i agree with your claim about teh blue wingers :01:

If we really want to be fair we should compare each player to where he plays.

Cech/Howard
Ferrieir/Nevil
Terry/Ferdinand
Carvalho/Brown
Del horno/Hienze
Duff/Ronaldo
Lampard/Keane
Mackalelele/Scholes
Robben/Giggs
Gudjohnson/Rooney
Drogba/RVN

At only 2 places there would i choose Man U players (Rooney & RVN).

BTW pissed out my skull so can't be assed to check players spellings :bawa:

editage: just been confirmed chelsea have put in a bid worth £57 mill for Shevchenko. Milan are still to decide what to do...

manker
06-23-2005, 02:57 AM

30 past 3 now, although im not sure if i agree with your claim about teh blue wingers :01:

If we really want to be fair we should compare each player to where he plays.

Cech/Howard
Ferrieir/Nevil
Terry/Ferdinand
Carvalho/Brown
Del horno/Hienze
Duff/Ronaldo
Lampard/Keane
Mackalelele/Scholes
Robben/Giggs
Gudjohnson/Rooney
Drogba/RVN

At only 2 places there would i choose Man U players (Rooney & RVN).

BTW pissed out my skull so can't be assed to check players spellings :bawa:Bah, at least let me pick the United side.

As it stands, I have it 6-5 to United. I'm just copying and pasting from yours 'cos I'm stoned. Duno if you know but I'm always right after a smoke.

Cech/Howard Blue
Ferrieir/Nevil Red
Terry/Ferdinand Red
Carvalho/Brown Blue
Del horno/Hienze Red
Duff/Ronaldo Red
Lampard/Keane Blue
Mackalelele/Scholes Blue
Robben/Giggs Blue
Gudjohnson/Rooney Red
Drogba/RVN Red

Scholes was a tough call. Tomorrow I might think he's better.

Peerzy
06-23-2005, 03:02 AM
Thinking about it Del Horno/Hienze was a close one for me as well, Hieze is good but i havn;t seen enough of Del horno.

Ronald/suff is also close but i still think Duff is a better player.

Terry is way better than Ferdinand, and he's not sniffing coke :lol:

i just picked the Man u side i thought was best, unless you want klieberson on for Rooney :unsure:

hoping milan accept the 57 mill for shevy, 57 mill could get you alot of smoke if your the milan coach :lol:

manker
06-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Chelski are finding it really tricky to sign a world-class centre forward, now they want Crespo back. Their bids this summer have equalled something in excess of £300million - all have been flatly refused by either the player or the club.

Adriano - nah.
Samuel Eto'o - nah.
Thierry Henry - nah.
Andriy Shevchenko -nah.
David Trezeguet - nah.
Fernando Torres - nah.

Even Owen has intimated that he'd prefer to go to United - and Fergie doesn't want him.

Funny, even though they have billions at their disposal, they can't attract big players at big clubs. Wonder if it's anything to do with prestige.

Peerzy
06-28-2005, 02:57 PM
I think its more to do with all of those strikers like where they are and are in big enough clubs.

Chelsea should put in a bid for up and coming Brazilian star Robinho.

Tevez plays for a brazilian side but is Argentinaian and is class. Fernando Cavenghi is also going to be a world class striker in the next few years. However Chelsea want a proven striker now.

manker
06-28-2005, 05:07 PM
No. It's that they're already at a bigger club and to move to Chelsea would be a step down - not so much in footballing class but in prestige.

I think Robinho is off to Madrid, despite the Arsenal rumours - he's another of those S. American players where companies own him rather than a club, which often complicates matters. Tevez is quality but he's only just moved. Give him another year, maybe two, at Corinthians (or wherever he is) and he'll be in Europe. From what I've seen he's a better striker than Robinho.

JPaul
06-28-2005, 05:13 PM
So far we have Mo Camara, a Bosman reject.

Exciting times indeed.

enoughfakefiles
06-28-2005, 09:20 PM
So far we have Mo Camara, a Bosman reject.

Exciting times indeed.

I actually can`t believe that you got him from us(burnley), i thought he was coming to the end of his football career. :unsure:

manker
06-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Kezman's gone to Athletico Madrid. Duno how much for, they've not disclosed that yet.

I bet he'll score a shedload, like Forlan :dry:

Peerzy
06-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Source? I thought they were wrapping up a loan deal for a year not a full sale?

Yeah Tevez is at Corinthians, he;s a better finisher than Robinho, although he doesn't have the running at the defence doing step overs at 90ph skills Robinho does.

Tonight on Channel 5 at about 7:30 is the Confederations Cup Final (Brazil V Argentina) and because last match Argentina had a striker sent off it means Tevez will be playing tonight, Robinho will also be a starter for Brazil. Looking to be a good match, watch out for the Argintina medfielder called Pablo Aimar (Valencia) as he's class.

manker
06-29-2005, 11:50 AM
Source? I thought they were wrapping up a loan deal for a year not a full sale?

Yeah Tevez is at Corinthians, he;s a better finisher than Robinho, although he doesn't have the running at the defence doing step overs at 90ph skills Robinho does.

Tonight on Channel 5 at about 7:30 is the Confederations Cup Final (Brazil V Argentina) and because last match Argentina had a striker sent off it means Tevez will be playing tonight, Robinho will also be a starter for Brazil. Looking to be a good match, watch out for the Argintina medfielder called Pablo Aimar (Valencia) as he's class.Here's where I read it (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4632817.stm) but since last night they've ammended the article and said it's not finalised.

I thought Chelsea were looking for a striker, they've already got Duff and Robben to taken players on at pace, Tevez would be a better buy for them than Robinho. They won't get either tho'.

I am quite liking this new trend of snubbing Roman's billions :D

Also ... I duno, I think Aimar has missed the boat. He was awesome 2 world cups ago but hasn't done much since. He is stagnating in a mediocre Valencia team when he should be at his peak. He is playing well for Argentina but his club form is pretty average and has been for years. He needs a move.

Peerzy
06-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Well i saw him on Fm2005 (Football Manager and his stats were high) so i've seen him in the confererdtions cup for like 4 matchs and checked out a few clips and he looked good.

Yeah Jose lieks to play a 4-3-3 with Robben/Duff as the wingers on the front three, Gudjohnson in the midfielder as well as lamps and mackalele. We just need a decent drogba replacement.

manker
06-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Ah, there's my weakness. I don't play any football manager games.

Practically all of my mates do and I swear when they're talking about footie, they swap between the two just to confuse me.

All too often I'm completely http://moderation.invisionzone.com/style_emoticons/default/bawa.gif when they're talking about how well some Costa Rican is playing in Serie A.

Peerzy
06-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Its a class game, although takes too much time and i find it eating away at my hours. 8 days so far and only into my 3rd season. Also sometimes you feel its too hard on you and htings that have happened this season cannot be applied (Gudjohnson in midfield for example) Robben is also shit, maybe i just fnd it too unlife like, i have expect teh Man Utd keeper to drop the ball but he doesn't :(

BTW its offical now on CHelsea's website:

Mateja Kezman has been sold to Atlético Madrid for a fee of eight million euros.

Kezman joins the Primera Liga club on a three year deal and will be introduced at the Vicente Calderòn Stadium in Madrid this afternoon, Wednesday.

The Serbian international has spent one year at Chelsea during which time he won Premier League champion and Carling Cup winner medals. But after a bright pre-season he was unable to establish himself in the side and started only 14 games while being a substitute in 27 others.

He scored seven goals including the third in the Carling Cup Final. Despite his lack of goals his determined spirit resulted in loud support from the fans whenever he took to the pitch, and a much enjoyed moment in the last minute at home to Newcastle when he converted a penalty with an audacious chip at the Matthew Harding end.

His finest 90 minutes was undoubtedly the home UEFA Champions League game with Barcelona when he led the line in the suspended absence of Didier Drogba and with Eidur Gudjohnsen being used as an attacking midfielder. Although he didn’t score he was crucial in the build-up to the first and third goals.

Partly because of the form of his colleagues he never managed to start more than two games in a row and was unable to build a level of form to compete for a place in the starting line-up, but his involvement in Chelsea’s double trophy season is much respected by everyone at the club and he leaves with thanks and best wishes for his future.

At Atlético Madrid he will join the former Chelsea winger Jesper Grønkjær.

8 Mill Euro's is £5.3 mill, we brough him for £5.5 mill so not a bad deal.

manker
06-29-2005, 12:37 PM
I think they all play Champ Manager. Duno if it's any different but they keep telling me to take it up (Of course, they buy their games, I doubt I'd have to do that :shifty: )

I tend to make them think that I reckon they're a bit sad for spending so much time on it but I prolly spend at least as much time posting here as they do pretending that they're football managers :huh:

manker
06-29-2005, 12:38 PM
BTW its offical now on CHelsea's website:Meh, I put the official manker rubber stamp on it at 11 O'Clock last night :snooty:

Peerzy
06-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Championship manager was what it use to be called. Its now Football Manager because the companie split into two. One companie took the name (CHamp Manager) the other took the database and coding. The new CHmapionshop manager is shit because its made by a different company and just a cheap rip off of the new Football Manager (old championshp manager with the databse and such)

Also i found this interesting:

Chelsea have made an informal approach for Real Madrid striker Michael Owen.

Representatives of the Premiership champions contacted Real yesterday to enquire about a price for the the England striker.

While no bid was lodged, Chelsea were told that their £14million valuation Owen was £3m below the price Real would demand.

Sportsmail revealed yesterday that Owen had spent the previous day viewing a series of Surrey properties close to Chelsea's new training base at Cobham.

The fact that Chelsea have now spoken to Madrid will only add to the speculation that Owen is set for a return to the Premiership after just one season in Spain.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has suffered a series of high-profile rejections in his search for a proven goalscorer.

Atletico Madrid Enrique Cerezo president told them yesterday that they had no chance of signing Fernando Torres. Torres was reportedly the subject of an approach by Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon during a meeting with Atletico representatives last week to discuss Mateja Kezman's £5m move to Spain.

While Kezman arrived in Madrid yesterday to discuss the details of his transfer, Cerezo said: "Roman Abramovich can forget about Torres."

With players such as Inter Milan's Adriano and AC Milan's Andriy Shevchenko all out of reach, it appears that the combination of Owen's Premiership goal scoring feats for Liverpool, his availability and relatively modest price tag have convinced Mourinho to turn to a player who originally did not rank on his list of top targets.

Despite Owen's 13 goals in 35 league games for Real, the Spanish media believe the 25-year-old striker is expendable as club president Florentino Perez launches a summer rebuilding programme following two barren campaigns.

The arrival of Brazilian Robinho will increase the pressure for places in attack at the Bernabeu and Real might welcome the chance to double the £8m they paid Liverpool last season for Owen.

Peerzy
06-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Found this funny:

Referee Andy D'Urso will officiate in the Football League next season after being dropped from the Premiership list, reports BBC Radio Five Live.

The Essex official only took charge of 12 top-flight games last season after serving a 28-day suspension.

D'Urso received the ban after booking Blackburn's Barry Ferguson twice against Southampton on 21 August 2004, but failed to send the midfielder off.

manker
06-29-2005, 01:14 PM
Found this funny:

Referee Andy D'Urso will officiate in the Football League next season after being dropped from the Premiership list, reports BBC Radio Five Live.

The Essex official only took charge of 12 top-flight games last season after serving a 28-day suspension.

D'Urso received the ban after booking Blackburn's Barry Ferguson twice against Southampton on 21 August 2004, but failed to send the midfielder off.

:lol::lol: :D

I think he's been relegated before, How I remember him is shitting himself a few years back when four United players charged at him after he gave a penalty against us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1490000/images/_1493932_andy_durso300.jpg

I remember better phoaties in The Sun of Keane screaming with his veins bulging out of his neck and D'Urso wanting Mummy.

JPaul
06-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Looks like Jeremy and Andrew Aldieri are coming to the hoops on a 1 year loan deal.

SPL have also changed the rules which were a max of 2 loans in per team. I see the future, I see more loans. I don't care, if they are wearing the hoops they are one of us :blink: You know what I mean.

manker
06-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Feck, Jeremy who :blink:

JPaul
06-30-2005, 08:48 PM
Do you know nowt aboot puntsphere.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38153000/jpg/_38153422_aliadiere150.jpg

manker
06-30-2005, 08:52 PM
I pwned myself with roddage http://moderation.invisionzone.com/style_emoticons/default/PWNED.gif

Thought you meant Chelsea's Geremie but shortly afterwards I realised it was spelled Geremie and understood your post a bit better.

There, that makes sense now :blink:

JPaul
06-30-2005, 09:00 PM
I pwned myself with roddage http://moderation.invisionzone.com/style_emoticons/default/PWNED.gif

Thought you meant Chelsea's Geremie but shortly afterwards I realised it was spelled Geremie and understood your post a bit better.

There, that makes sense now :blink:
I posted me replie and thought "bar steward, rodded by manrod" as I hit the submit button.

I then thought "feck it, me is an arse and deserves the lamb basting which will cum."

I give t'point in good grace, in spite of your rare self-roddery.

manker
07-04-2005, 09:23 AM
What the feck are liv'pool doing?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4646695.stm

Looks like Gerrard is off, probably to Chelski but I'd love it if United bought him. Not gonna happen tho' :(

Peerzy
07-04-2005, 05:23 PM
I'd say Man U are contenders, Glazer wants to prove he's putting money into the club, Gerrard has already said he is his favourite player and a perfect replacement for Keane who's on his last leg it seems. However if Chelsea really want him, Chelsea will get :snooty:

enoughfakefiles
07-04-2005, 08:00 PM
What the feck are liv'pool doing?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4646695.stm

Looks like Gerrard is off, probably to Chelski but I'd love it if United bought him. Not gonna happen tho' :(

He had a training ground bust up with the manager.:saga:

JPaul
07-05-2005, 12:44 AM
I'd say Man U are contenders, Glazer wants to prove he's putting money into the club, Gerrard has already said he is his favourite player and a perfect replacement for Keane who's on his last leg it seems. However if Chelsea really want him, Chelsea will get :snooty:
You would think that, but the top players get such good deals that Chelski offering more might not actually matter. They are already multi-millionaires, looking at mega bucks contracts, so they can go to the club they want, not the highest bidder.

Yes Chelski can probably do the deal with the club, but that does not mean that the player will agree personal terms. The days of treating players like cattle are long gone.

However I think, for Liv'pool fans, anyone would be better than manutd, which may sway him elsewhere (with apologies to metaphors everywhere).

Word has it that Bellamy is having a larf with Newcastle by not going without them giving him contract compensation. Saying that he doesn't want to go and will stay with the boys (not Bhoys) and pick up his ridiculous salary for doing nowt. Which is pissing Souness off, obviously.

Anyway, more importantly, t'Hoops won the Scottish Masters. The big one.

Peerzy
07-05-2005, 04:35 AM
You would think that, but the top players get such good deals that Chelski offering more might not actually matter. They are already multi-millionaires, looking at mega bucks contracts, so they can go to the club they want, not the highest bidder.

Yes Chelski can probably do the deal with the club, but that does not mean that the player will agree personal terms. The days of treating players like cattle are long gone.

However I think, for Liv'pool fans, anyone would be better than manutd, which may sway him elsewhere (with apologies to metaphors everywhere).

Word has it that Bellamy is having a larf with Newcastle by not going without them giving him contract compensation. Saying that he doesn't want to go and will stay with the boys (not Bhoys) and pick up his ridiculous salary for doing nowt. Which is pissing Souness off, obviously.

Anyway, more importantly, t'Hoops won the Scottish Masters. The big one.

Yup, first the team has to agree on a price for the player before contract talks can even start, if Gerrard has decided he will not leave for love nor Chelsea's money then the price they offer to club is of no matter because he's gonna reject the contract.

Liverpool have confirmed Chelsea have made a £32 million pound bid for him and have responded by rushing open contract talks (Read: Leaving a message on Stevie G's answer phone) and offered him an extra two years and £100K a week.

Gerrard said he wanted something between 90k-100k but its if this bust up with the boss is not repairable.

To be honest i hope Chelsea sign him, he's a great player and it would mean we would have 3 or the 4 starting midfield for England :01: Ofcourse if Madrid get him it'll be 2 a piece :pinch:

Also Liverpool have signed 3 spanish players, including a new keeper, so even if Gerrard doesn't move to Madrid it looks like he's gonna have to start learning Spanish :lol:

manker
07-05-2005, 11:33 AM
West Ham have just signed the occasionally error prone but undoubtedly talented centre half duo of Gabbidon and Collins from Cardiff, for a combined fee of about £3million.

It's a shame to see them leave but the youth policy at West Ham has always been excellent so at least they'll have ample opportunity to fulfil their potential - it's probably the ideal club for both at this point in their respective careers.

===

I simply can't see Man Utd signing Gerrard, I agree with JP. Liverpool players just don't get transferred to us. Also, despite the bluster on Friday, t'glazers won't stump up circa £40million for one player just now.

It might just be a ruse by his agent to put a rocket under Liverpool and get the improved contract. I think he'll stay but if he does go, I reckon it'll be abroad (Madrid).

manker
07-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Gerrard's just turned down £100,000 per week and catagorically stated that he wants to leave.

This is in direct response to Liverpool's turning down of a £32million bid by Chelski. According to the BBC website.

Looks like he's off there, then :(

Barbarossa
07-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Gerrard's just turned down £100,000 per week and catagorically stated that he wants to leave.

This is in direct response to Liverpool's turning down of a £32million bid by Chelski. According to the BBC website.

I think if he's now put in a formal transfer request, then Real Madrid may make an offer..

manker
07-05-2005, 02:13 PM

I think if he's now put in a formal transfer request, then Real Madrid may make an offer..I read that too but think Madrid were hinting at the player simply rejecting a contract, rather than handing in an official transfer request - altho' the Beeb seem to disagree with me.

Anyhow, if he hands in a transfer request then he won't be entitled to any loyalty payments. His agent will probably advise against that and we'll be met with a wall of silence or meaningless soundbites from Gerrard until his move is complete.

Mind, my statement a couple of hours ago saying that I thought he'd stay was completely wrong so ... I duno :schnauz:

Peerzy
07-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Well good news for Chelsea fans :01:

After seeing whats happened to Owen and spending all the time on the bench last season i think Gerrard would slightly prefer to stay in the UK. The fact that he brought a house 10 minutes away from the Chelsea training ground is a good sign. Also i think he wants to win the premiership so he has a medel for every UK trophy possble (Bar the Euro Super Cup where they will play CSK Mossco in a month or so's time)

JPaul
07-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Well good news for Chelsea fans :01:

After seeing whats happened to Owen and spending all the time on the bench last season i think Gerrard would slightly prefer to stay in the UK. The fact that he brought a house 10 minutes away from the Chelsea training ground is a good sign. Also i think he wants to win the premiership so he has a medel for every UK trophy possble (Bar the Euro Super Cup where they will play CSK Mossco in a month or so's time)
This seems most likely now.

He is going, I think we're agreed.

Not to manutd, for financial and rivalry reasons.

Let's face it, if it's the UK it's Chelski.

What about Barca, are they a possibility. Playing alongside some great players and actually getting a game may appeal.

manker
07-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Madrid have their regulars.

Becks gets in the side when fit so, as their Galactico of the summer, I'm sure Gerrard would play just as much, if not more. It's just that the gulf in class is a lot bigger in La Liga so resting the regulars, particularly after a CL expedition, is easier to get away with.

Barca, Juve or Milan could afford him, maybe. Real's finances aren't the best at the moment. It really is only Chelsea who could afford him without batting an eyelid. It's all according where he wants to go. Obviously Liverpool would be more receptive to an overseas bid but Chelsea are clear favourites, atm.

Peerzy
07-05-2005, 09:49 PM
What i ment was that he would get play time at Madrid, everyone knows that but because he's seen Owen he might doubt his chances and because they havn't won anything for 2 years its not really in keeping with his dreams to win more trophy's. He has a far bigger chance of winning the Champions League with Chelsea than Madrid.

JPaul
07-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Madrid have their regulars.

Becks gets in the side when fit so, as their Galactico of the summer, I'm sure Gerrard would play just as much, if not more. It's just that the gulf in class is a lot bigger in La Liga so resting the regulars, particularly after a CL expedition, is easier to get away with.

Barca, Juve or Milan could afford him, maybe. Real's finances aren't the best at the moment. It really is only Chelsea who could afford him without batting an eyelid. It's all according where he wants to go. Obviously Liverpool would be more receptive to an overseas bid but Chelsea are clear favourites, atm.
Agreed.

I only suggest Barca as they are on a bit of a roll just now, La Ligawise and may wish to consolodate this.

Tho' as you say the capital expenditure may be a problem. However if they could spread the debt who knows.

As an aside t'Hoops have now removed the players, as assets, from their books. They reduced it by £8,000,000 a year and the financial year just gone (FYE 30/06) was the last year to get the player / asset value to nil.

This to me is a good thang.

JPaul
07-05-2005, 09:56 PM
What i ment was that he would get play time at Madrid, everyone knows that but because he's seen Owen he might doubt his chances and because they havn't won anything for 2 years its not really in keeping with his dreams to win more trophy's. He has a far bigger chance of winning the Champions League with Chelsea than Madrid.
He's already won the Champions League mate, he wants domestic honours.

Peerzy
07-05-2005, 10:08 PM
He's already won the Champions League mate, he wants domestic honours.

I know, i ment again. If you think Chelsea have a bigger chance than Real in winning their respected leagues.

Barca are far stronger than Real and the Real team isn't gaining any years.

Just what i think anyways :unsure:

manker
07-05-2005, 10:13 PM
As an aside t'Hoops have now removed the players, as assets, from their books. They reduced it by £8,000,000 a year and the financial year just gone (FYE 30/06) was the last year to get the player / asset value to nil.

As a purist, I have to disagree :lol:

However, I didn't know they were doing that. It's pretty difficult, as a plc, to be able to change policy like that. The shareholders usually cause problems and vote against it. Good on them tho' as it will mean that the P&L will be more representative of how the club's doing as a whole.

A few years ago Man Utd were the only quoted English club to be able to represent their players like this, the financial folk o other clubs wanted their liquidity ratios boosted to encourage investmen. Tho' this did change recently - and prior to the Glazing incident come to think of it. Wonder if it's related ... .

Btw, if I had to choose and it couldn't be Man Utd, I'd want him to go to Barca. They'd be awesome.

JPaul
07-05-2005, 11:06 PM

As a purist, I have to disagree :lol:

However, I didn't know they were doing that. It's pretty difficult, as a plc, to be able to change policy like that. The shareholders usually cause problems and vote against it. Good on them tho' as it will mean that the P&L will be more representative of how the club's doing as a whole.

A few years ago Man Utd were the only quoted English club to be able to represent their players like this, the financial folk o other clubs wanted their liquidity ratios boosted to encourage investmen. Tho' this did change recently - and prior to the Glazing incident come to think of it. Wonder if it's related ... .

Btw, if I had to choose and it couldn't be Man Utd, I'd want him to go to Barca. They'd be awesome.

As a purist accountant or football fan :blink: (Feck I forgot to put the word which in that sentence, maybe she didn't notice)

To me not having the players "value" included is more realistic. Tho' I can see why accountants would want to.

Disingenuous bar stewards.

manker
07-05-2005, 11:27 PM
Indeed :shifty:

JPaul
07-06-2005, 08:19 AM
It appears that Gerrard Stevens is now staying at Liv'pool. According to Rick Parry there was a bit of a misunderstanding, but he has apologised and they are all pals again.

manker
07-06-2005, 08:24 AM
What a fucking geptard :dry:

Barbarossa
07-06-2005, 08:27 AM
It appears that Gerrard Stevens is now staying at Liv'pool. According to Rick Parry there was a bit of a misunderstanding, but he has apologised and they are all pals again.

He's beginning to look like a bit of a nob now... :wacko:

JPaul
07-06-2005, 09:12 AM

He's beginning to look like a bit of a nob now... :wacko:
Hoi, arsey, i'm just joining in.

JPaul
07-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Chelski, having apparently failed in getting Gerrard Stevens are now in for Seanright Phillips. With an offer of £22 million. Or at least so rumour would have us believe.

He's a cracking wee player but I'm not sure he's worth that much, yet. Methinks Chelski may feel obliged to sign a name, whether they need one or not.

Peerzy
07-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Chelski, having apparently failed in getting Gerrard Stevens are now in for Seanright Phillips. With an offer of £22 million. Or at least so rumour would have us believe.

He's a cracking wee player but I'm not sure he's worth that much, yet. Methinks Chelski may feel obliged to sign a name, whether they need one or not.

We've been linked to him for about 3 weeks now having had an £18 mill bid rejected a bit ago. I think no matter if Gerrard came or not we were gonna go for him anyway.

Looks like Crespo will be out main striker next season, some Roman a bit of pocket change i suppose.

Although the only thing im starting to worry is that with Robben, Cole and SWP (If we sign him) fighting out for the right wing position (Duff taking up the left) it means someones going to be getting alot less game time :pinch:

manker
07-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Looks like Crespo will be out main striker next seasonProbably but even he doesn't want to be there, and he's already a Chelski player :crazy:

Wright Phillips has said repeatedly that he wants to stay with Man City (of all places). Not saying hew wont go - what with teh blue shite being in massive amounts of debt, thanks to Keegan.

Ranieri never had this trouble. He did seem to be rather less competent, tho'.

I think that word's got out that Mourinho is an arse - he may be an excellent manager who gets results but his people skills are obviously teh pits.

JPaul
07-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Bellamy to Blackburn for a fee of just under £5 million and is going for a medical.

The Mark Hughes link would make sense.

Peerzy
07-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Looks like Crespo will be out main striker next seasonProbably but even he doesn't want to be there, and he's already a Chelski player :crazy:

Wright Phillips has said repeatedly that he wants to stay with Man City (of all places). Not saying hew wont go - what with teh blue shite being in massive amounts of debt, thanks to Keegan.

Ranieri never had this trouble. He did seem to be rather less competent, tho'.

I think that word's got out that Mourinho is an arse - he may be an excellent manager who gets results but his people skills are obviously teh pits.

Yeah with Man City in massive ammounts of debt Chelsea know any bid over £20 mill would be too good to turn down seeing as Man City could pick up someone who's at least half decent and still have alot of money left over.

I never really saw Crespo when he was with us, maybe now we have a better team who can feed him all the chances he wants he'll do good, unlike Drogba.

The reason he doesn't want to be here is because he had such a good season at Milan and doesn't want to have a bad season. So if Chelsea produce the goods and help him create chances and have a good season im sure he won't mind.

----

Also Figo to the scousers, they've agree'd personal contract terms but now Real want £2 million for him.

----

Just noticed we've been linked with a £54 million bid for Ronaldhino.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4659663.stm

According to that we've agree'd personal terms and the deal is set to do but no word for Chelsea yet.

manker
07-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Crespo has never struck me as an awesome centre forward, he seems a bit awkward sometimes. He did struggle a bit with injury and that when Ranieri bought him but maybe all he needs is a run in the side. He always scores against Man Utd :dry:

That figure doesn't seem enough for Ronaldinho - doesn't he have a £100million buy out clause or something? I seem to remember that after Kenyon (probably on purpose) fucked up United's proposed transfer for him, the papers were saying that United's chance had gone and Barca had written that clause into his contract :unsure:

JPaul
07-08-2005, 12:01 PM
As I recall it was a £90 million clause, but let's not quibble over £10 million here or there.

However wasn't that in the days when transfer fees were even more mental, particliarly at the top end. Plus he was a bit younger with more of his contract to run.

The China Daily Report (http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-07/08/content_458414.htm)

which appears to be the most up to date.

The Scotsman (http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=756062005)

a couple of hours older.

manker
07-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Indeed, what's £10million.

Talking of mental transfer fees; I read yesterday that Harry Redknap has told Liverpool that they'll have to pay £8million for Peter Crouch. They probably will too :D

JPaul
07-08-2005, 12:26 PM
You really are a big fan of young Crouch.

Is his name / stature a sort of twisted oxymoron.

Peerzy
07-08-2005, 12:27 PM
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=290216&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Blues+primed+for+Ron+bid&channel=football_home

£100 Mill sell out clause according to SkySports, and Chelsea are set to meet it as he's not settling well following a fall out with some Barca officials.

Nice :D butim not sure even he is worth £100 mill.

Barbarossa
07-08-2005, 12:28 PM
You really are a big fan of young Crouch.

Is his name / stature a sort of twisted oxymoron.

It's an instruction for when he walks through a doorway, I always thought... :huh:

manker
07-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Feck's sake! Chelski are thought to be in the process of putting together an £83million bid for Ronaldinho :ohmy:

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4667041.stm

JPaul
07-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Last I read Barca were offering a further 5 year contract, with the buy out clause up to £150,000,000.

However that was yesterday, so old news in the sphere of off season puntsphere dealings. (What a dashed fine sentence that was, go me.)

Peerzy
07-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Ronaldinho is said to be unsettled and pissed that a very close friend of his got fired about a month ago from Barce, so he's gone all :snooty: Hopefully Chelsea buy him, even if we fail the £83 mill bid we'll just grab him for £100 mill.

Like Roman losing a fiver :D

Peerzy
07-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Italian team Roma have been chucked out of Seria A for fraud claims.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/050709/3/c6z0.html

JPaul
07-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Italian team Roma have been chucked out of Seria A for fraud claims.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/050709/3/c6z0.html
feck sake.

it appears to be Torino, but still, feck sake.

Peerzy
07-10-2005, 08:24 AM
I thought it said Roma :huh:

Word in teh papers say that Barce have offered Ronaldinho £300,000 a week for 5 years to stay. If i was Fergi i wouldn't let Rio Ferdinand see that :lol:

Also Liverpool are interested in Gallas, but fecks chance there getting him.

Milan have said Chelsea can have Shevchenko for £60 mill, which suprises me, cause Chelsea had a £57 mill offer turned down a bit back. If it's true i can see them going for him instead of Ronaldinho.

manker
07-10-2005, 01:48 PM
More talk of Neimi going to the Bhoys (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/4669319.stm).

The papers today are nuts. Saying that Chelski are going to sign everyone and that they've already signed Essien :blink:

This thread > Tabloids :snooty:

JPaul
07-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Strachan has said there would be another 2 signings.

Niemi and the lad Nakamura would be good, but I still think the back four needs strengthening. Particularly if Strachan may want to play 3 up front, as is rumoured.

Peerzy
07-10-2005, 04:07 PM
More talk of Neimi going to the Bhoys (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/4669319.stm).

The papers today are nuts. Saying that Chelski are going to sign everyone and that they've already signed Essien :blink:

This thread > Tabloids :snooty:

Its because we have money, anyone who's any good we'll be linked to. Much like Real Madrid in the past.

manker
07-12-2005, 10:55 AM
It appears Gordon Strachan is being a bit of a bar-steward.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/4674447.stm

Mind, I've thought Harry Redknapp has been losing it ever since he left Portsmouth for Southampton ... Southampton :blink:

Fine, the chairman was being a bit of an attention seeking arse but moving to their local rivals is only hurting the fans. Justice was done in the end for Pompey, tho'.

manker
07-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Vieira looks to be off to Juve. There was talk but I didn't think he'd go.

He's 29 now and getting £18million for him would be good business for Arsenal, I don't think he was the force he once was in the Premiership last season - the Man Utd midfield, which is creaking a bit, pwned him in both games last season.

With Edu - who I think is a fine player - already gone, plus Pires and Vieira likely to leave, Wenger has to buy another midfielder. Don't know much about this Hleb guy they've just bought apart from he isn't yet the finished article and probably won't make much of an impact next season.

DarthInsinuate
07-14-2005, 12:23 PM
'tis true that Vieira isn't always consistant, but he's still one of the best midfielders in the world, he's also Arsenal's captain.

i think Wenger will need to bring in at least two midfielders, they've never really filled the gap that Petit left

manker
07-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Him being captain means nothing, except to the Arsenal fans.

I think he's past his best, his market value has decreased by about £15million in the last 2 years. Due in part to the cooling off of the market itself but also due to his poor form.

Arsenal have never been much good at attracting established stars - their excellent team is a testomony to Wenger's shrewness and coaching ability.

I wonder who they'll buy.

Peerzy
07-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Wenger has the natural talent of being able to pick young french players who later turn into stars. This is why Arsenal are such a good side. There not financially in a great position so Wenger doesn't get millions to spend.

JPaul
07-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Indeed, aren't they spending a shed load on the new stadium.

Which will presumably mean a tightening of the belt. I agree getting £18 million for him is excellent business.

Peerzy
07-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Not quite £18 million but close enough.

Arsenal have confirmed that they have accepted Juventus' £13.75m offer for their skipper Patrick Vieira. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4670829.stm)

Stupid of Arsenal in my opinion, seeingh as Juve offered £23 million last year, they should have taken the cash then seeing as he hasn't had a great season and he's certainly not getting an younger.

DanB
07-14-2005, 09:04 PM
fickle world of football

JPaul
07-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Rumour has it that Arse nil are interested in Germany Genius, as a replacement.

With Saul Campbell and a few squids moving in the other direction.

DarthInsinuate
07-15-2005, 09:58 AM
the BBC list four men to replace Vieira

Mahamadou Diarra (Lyon)
Samir Nasri (Marseille)
Modeste M'Bami (PSG)
Jermaine Jenas (Newcastle)

they don't seem to mention how they compiled this list, but i would assume they just picked out four with French sounding names, as is the prerequisite for an Arsenine Wenger player

Peerzy
07-15-2005, 10:14 AM
I know the first and the fourth Wenger has personally said he was interested in signing before Vieira left, and seing as Edu has also gone they certainly need another midfielder.

Rat Faced
07-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Jermaine Jenas ----- Your not having him.

Souness is "not in the business of selling our best players"...

Thats a relief to Belemy then.. oh, wait!

JPaul
07-15-2005, 08:13 PM

JPaul
07-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Shaunright Phillips now seems destined for Chelski in a £21,000,000 deal. They are discussing personal terms apparently.

Do we think he can get and hold onto a place in t'first team. Or are Chelski now a squad team, where there really isn't a first team per se.

Man City possibly interested in And(rew)y Cole, who wants to head back to the North West.

DarthInsinuate
07-17-2005, 03:33 PM
the Chavski's don't really have a real right winger, this would only mean good for Ian Wright's little buddy.

but i think Mourinho had a decent squad rotation system in place and all the good players got game time, unless their name was Scott Parker

enoughfakefiles
07-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Man City possibly interested in And(rew)y Cole, who wants to head back to the North West.

I was led to believe he was going back to blackburn to hook up with sparky again. :unsure:

Peerzy
07-17-2005, 04:03 PM
the Chavski's don't really have a real right winger, this would only mean good for Ian Wright's little buddy.

but i think Mourinho had a decent squad rotation system in place and all the good players got game time, unless their name was Scott Parker

Duff is a left only winger.
Robben can play either right or left but he's best on left.
Joe Cole is really an attacking midfield centre but can play as a right winger alright.

Only thing is you cannot play more than 2 of them at the same time without dropping someone like Gudjohnson or Lampard.

Rat Faced
07-17-2005, 05:27 PM
So, which of you fans are going to do the work and start/keep a fantasy football game going for next season?

JPaul
07-17-2005, 05:33 PM
So, which of you fans are going to do the work and start/keep a fantasy football game going for next season?
What a spiffing idea.

I wouldn't have the foggiest idea where to start.

Rat Faced
07-17-2005, 05:37 PM
John O'Shea - Newcastle from Old Trafford?

manker
07-17-2005, 05:45 PM
John O'Shea - Newcastle from Old Trafford?I take it you're starting the Fantasy Football idea in this thread.

If not, Chebus is normally good with stuff like that.

JPaul
07-17-2005, 05:46 PM
I think O'Shea is an excellent player.

They would do well to get him

Peerzy
07-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Not sure what Fantasy Football is :unsure:

Is it that thing where you have say £50 million and have to choose 11 players and you get points for how many assists, goals, appearances and such they do. Then you have say 5 teams and you create a league.

Would be quite a good idea if that is what you're talking about :unsure:

Rat Faced
07-17-2005, 05:49 PM
John O'Shea - Newcastle from Old Trafford?I take it you're starting the Fantasy Football idea in this thread.

Thats quite a good rumour actually :P

He's old enough to want regular 1st team football, which he cant get at Old Trafford

Rat Faced
07-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Not sure what Fantasy Football is :unsure:

Is it that thing where you have say £50 million and have to choose 11 players and you get points for how many assists, goals, appearances and such they do. Then you have say 5 teams and you create a league.

Would be quite a good idea if that is what you're talking about :unsure:

Yes... although there are various ways/rules that you can play it.

Easiest way is to pick a Newspaper and just tag onto their game, using their rules... that means they do most of the work, and you'd just need to start an excel spreadsheet to update the teams in here ;)

Peerzy
07-17-2005, 05:55 PM
I did some googling and there are websites that offer the service for free. I also remember the BBC doing it last year.

Theres even a free one from the Premier League themselfs.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

manker
07-17-2005, 06:04 PM
I take it you're starting the Fantasy Football idea in this thread.

Thats quite a good rumour actually :P

He's old enough to want regular 1st team football, which he cant get at Old TraffordHe's too good for you lot, we wouldn't sell him :P

Such a natural footballer, he's got a foot like a hand.

I said that in the pub during a United game last season - that he's got a foot like a hand - and no-one knew what the feck I was talking about.

Wonder if it'll work any better on the interweb :unsure:

manker
07-17-2005, 06:16 PM
I thought it would be a good move for both parties if Anelka went to Newcastle. There's been talk but he seems to want to stay at Fenerbahce.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/4691319.stm

He is a bit of a weirdo, tho'.

enoughfakefiles
07-17-2005, 06:22 PM
I thought it would be a good move for both parties if Anelka went to Newcastle. There's been talk but he seems to want to stay at Fenerbahce.

I think his agents a fecked up his carreer a bit for him. He should have stayed at arsenal. :)

manker
07-17-2005, 06:35 PM

I think his agents a fecked up his carreer a bit for him. He should have stayed at arsenal. :)Yup, his brothers are his agents and they are, by all account, utter twats. Him being a big headed cry-baby only compounds his situation.

Actually, him and Souness would probably fecking hate each other - perhaps that's why nowt's happened :D

manker
07-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Lyon have now said that Chelski can sign Essien for £32million - the way they arrived at that figure is interesting.

"Chelsea were ready to pay that much for Gerrard."

It looks like other clubs have missed out on this genius way of player valuation. When Man Utd sold Nicky Butt to Newcastle, we should have held out for £25million because that's what Freddie Shepherd was prepared to pay for Wayne Rooney.

The Lyon chairman is having a laugh and I hope Chelsea don't pay it. Under normal circumstances, Essien would be worth between £10-14million - he's a talented player but unproven at the highest level.

A few solid CL displays and a fairly good season in the French league does not warrant this kind of money.

manker
07-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Cardiff are making a move for Celtic forward David Fernandez. Which surprises me as Cardiff are skint don't have much money available atm.

I don't think he's played much for Celtic and I'd never heard of him - what's he like, JP?

JPaul
07-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Cardiff are making a move for Celtic forward David Fernandez. Which surprises me as Cardiff are skint don't have much money available atm.

I don't think he's played much for Celtic and I'd never heard of him - what's he like, JP?
He hasn't kicked a baw wi Celtic.

We got him from Livingstone where he was playing well. Couldn't cope at Celtic and never really made it into the team. We then loaned him back to Livi and he played well for them.

He would probably do well at Cardiff. He is good as a big fish in a wee pond kind of thing. Actually quite a skillful player, but not top notch.

manker
07-18-2005, 12:05 PM

He hasn't kicked a baw wi Celtic.

We got him from Livingstone where he was playing well. Couldn't cope at Celtic and never really made it into the team. We then loaned him back to Livi and he played well for them.

He would probably do well at Cardiff. He is good as a big fish in a wee pond kind of thing. Actually quite a skillful player, but not top notch.Sounds good. Cheers for that.

Cardiff aren't likely to get out of the Championship for a good few seasons (promoted I mean). His goals may keep them up while the boy Jones is rebuilding the team after the recent financial fumblings.

JPaul
07-18-2005, 12:36 PM
Fernandez is certainly making the right noises and says he has been speaking to John Hartson who recommends the move. It would also be a better move for Celtic, rather than him go to another SPL Team. The old dog coming back and biting you kid of thing.

I would say it's a good move for the player and both clubs. At 29 he wants regular first team football and let's face it, it's the only way he may get into the Premiership.

Sounds like a good rumour to me.

manker
07-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Hartson's from Swansea. Dyed in the wool diehard Jack, like.

Perhaps he doesn't like Fernandez very much :lol:

JPaul
07-18-2005, 01:37 PM
Hartson's from Swansea. Dyed in the wool diehard Jack, like.

Perhaps he doesn't like Fernandez very much :lol:
I thought all you Welsh fellas stuck together.

You are all related n'est ce pas.

manker
07-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Michael Ballack to Man Utd for £12million :01:

The signing of the Summer, if it comes off.

He is a tremendous player I've admired ever since I seen him about five years ago for Leverkusen against us in the CL. He is a much more accomplished and complete player than Essien and has stacks of experience in the Bundesliga, CL and internationally.

He's 28 and, as a midfielder, should be at his peak. A veritable bargain at that price and a player that United definitely need.

JPaul
07-19-2005, 04:02 PM
He would be a good get, price seems very reasonable for the quality / age.

manker
07-19-2005, 04:05 PM
I hear Liverpool are selling Baros and buying Crouch :lol: :blink::lol: :pinch: :pinch:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4677639.stm

They actually did it, Baros has been told he has no future at the club.

manker
07-19-2005, 04:07 PM
He would be a good get, price seems very reasonable for the quality / age.I've been doing a bit of looking around since I posted that about Ballack.

It would appear that he only has a year left on his contract and could be making noises about moving so that the contract Bayern are currently offering gets improved :dry:

Peerzy
07-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Ballack would be a very good signing, however think about it he only has maybe 3 years of top quality football left then maybe another 2 of shyte football thats not up to the premiership standard. Still for £12 it's a great buy and one you really need.

Baros needs to be fucking shot. He's hopeless. From 1st January of this year till this second right now he has scored 3 goals. 1 in the friendly a few days ago and 2 in 2 different premiership games. he's had over 25 apparences though. He's hopeless. Cisse is alot better but maybe not a great target man. He's far better as a wide striker or playing behind the front man so he can use his pace and strength. I think Liverpool should play maybe a 4-4-1-1 (Crouch up front as a large target man to hold up the ball).

Or maybe even better as a 3-5-1-1, with Harmman (sp?) as a defensive midfielder.

JPaul
07-19-2005, 06:33 PM
Still for £12 it's a great buy and one you really need.

Feck for that I'll buy him.

How much wages do you think he'll want :blink:

Peerzy
07-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Still for £12 it's a great buy and one you really need.

Minimun wage at least, thats like £4.86, depends if you're paying him weekly in which case it could be upwards of £20.

JPaul
07-19-2005, 06:43 PM

Minimun wage at least, thats like £4.86, depends if you're paying him weekly in which case it could be upwards of £20.

Is that incl bonuses or will I need to put £25 aside, just in case we win anything.

Rat Faced
07-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Krul and Emre have both signed now for Newcastle..

Anyone know what Krul is like? Dutch Goalie apparently :blink:

Sounds like a Stephen King character.. :ph34r:

Peerzy
07-19-2005, 10:39 PM

Is that incl bonuses or will I need to put £25 aside, just in case we win anything.

He wants a £5 signing on fee and a copy of Nuts magazine (Non negotiable), Also he would like a 50p per goal clause so he can get the bus home after matches :lookaroun

manker
07-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Baros was top scorer in Euro 2004. He is a fantastic player, pacy, skillful and a better finisher than he's given credit for - but he was never given a chance by Liverpool. Those 24 appearances were mostly 10 mins as a sub or playing out of position.

Added to that, the bloke's confidence is shot to bits by consistently being dropped in favour of young lads and Liverpool always saying that they were looking for a striker.

This affects some players more than others. I think I watched every game he played in Euro 2004 and he was absolutely buzzing because his manager had told him that he was #1. Okay, it's a pain in the arse to have to treat a player like that but it happens and you can either nurture them or destroy them.

I just hope it's not too late for him to get back on track.

Peerzy
07-20-2005, 11:01 AM
The second half of the season he was usually the starting striker, Cisse was out, he might be better for his country but in EPL football i can't see him making his mark. What Liverpool really need is a world class striker, someone in the top 10 in the world, yet there settling for people who maybe in the top 50.

Cisse is looking better now, but still not world class.

From what i've seen of Baros he's been shyte (which might not be true, i've only really taken an interest in the Liverpool team from Jan onwards)

Le Tallic is far from EPL quality.

Morrenties, well i havn't seen enough of him.

Crouch, is well tall and quite a good finisher but can't dribble for shit.

I think maybe a Crouch and Owen partnership would have been good. Having Ownes pace and Crouch's hight.

Baro's is by no means tall, can by no means dribble, he rarly gets into a chance where he can finish.

When you're champions of Europe, and for the best part of the season you're main striker is Baro's you must be thinking someone up there loves you.

Im really suprised no one has made a bid for Owen yet, the only thing he lacks is arial ability, and he is still in the top 20/15 strikers in the world with more than 1 goal to every 2 games on international turf.

Agree'd that Baro's confidence was shot to bits, but to be honest as soon as they signed FM from Real Madrid he's never really looked like he wanted to fght for the position. All the way through the season the papers ave been saying when will Liverpool sign a real striker and he has been put under pressure but he hasn't delt with it.

With hours to go before the Champions League final he released a statement saying Valencia are interested in him, hardly a way to encourage you're team mates.

Against top quality oppenents (Lets take the Chelsea (Home & Away CL matches) and Milan CL match.

Over 3 games he had 1 shot on target (The header in the first leg of Chelsea match which was saved by Cech. Over the 3 games he had 3 off target shots. In all three matches he played at least 75 minutes.

Thats 1 offtarget shot every 75 minutes, and one on target shot even 225 minutes. Owen has on avarage (while playing for Liverpool) a goal every 162 minutes.

manker
07-20-2005, 11:28 AM
Yeah, he's been playing badly. That doesn't make him a bad player.

As I say, Liverpool have treated him badly the past year or more and his form has suffered as a consequence. To come back as the most prolific striker in Europe at the (second) highest level and then to see Neil Mellor, ffs, picked in front of you must be fairly disheartening.

manker
07-21-2005, 01:20 PM
First pic of Peter Crouch with his new team-mates:

http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/7268/38571369gi.jpg

Peerzy
07-22-2005, 07:12 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way anyone know whats gonna happen to that shyte winger Antonio Nunez, He was valued at 3Million and part of the Owen sale but has rarley started and the games he did play he made little to no impact.

Rat Faced
07-22-2005, 07:38 PM
If he's that shite, no doubt Newcastle will buy him on movie star wages :unsure:

JPaul
07-22-2005, 07:44 PM

Quality

manker
07-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Baros to Villa for around £6million, according to most websites and papers.

That would be a good move for him, O'Leary is a good manager who will know how to use him properly.

JPaul
07-24-2005, 10:24 PM
I went to the Celtic v Leeds "friendly" today.

Sorry, but I didn't think much of the Leeds support. They were pish, several thrown out for loutish behaviour and the majority singing songs aimed to provoke trouble.

I have been to many a friendly game and they were all just that, friendly. Whether involving teams from Engerland, Europe or elsewhere. However this was not the same. There even had to be a considerable Police / Steward presence around their section of Paradise, which is not usually the case. More a token presence in normal circs.

Ironically the two lads sitting beside us were Leeds fans, over from Dublin. A couple of great spuds who I chatted to throughout the match. Much shaking of hands and "safe journey home" at the end of the game.

If this was a pre-season friendly, where we played loads of laddies coz there's a game during the week, I wouldn't want to see them when it mattered.

Oh and Fernandez was on the bench and warmed up but didn't play.

Peerzy
07-24-2005, 10:25 PM
My opinion of him has increased over the last few days, he setup a great goal for FM and scored two himself against Olympikos. Although he still runs with his head down at the ball and has ittle to no awareness of where anyone is.

manker
07-24-2005, 10:31 PM
My opinion of him has increased over the last few days, he setup a great goal for FM and scored two himself against Olympikos. Although he still runs with his head down at the ball and has ittle to no awareness of where anyone is.Who? JP :unsure:

manker
07-24-2005, 10:42 PM
I went to the Celtic v Leeds "friendly" today.

Sorry, but I didn't think much of the Leeds support. They were pish, several thrown out for loutish behaviour and the majority singing songs aimed to provoke trouble.

I have been to many a friendly game and they were all just that, friendly. Whether involving teams from Engerland, Europe or elsewhere. However this was not the same. There even had to be a considerable Police / Steward presence around their section of Paradise, which is not usually the case. More a token presence in normal circs.

Ironically the two lads sitting beside us were Leeds fans, over from Dublin. A couple of great spuds who I chatted to throughout the match. Much shaking of hands and "safe journey home" at the end of the game.

If this was a pre-season friendly, where we played loads of laddies coz there's a game during the week, I wouldn't want to see them when it mattered.

Oh and Fernandez was on the bench and warmed up but didn't play.They got their arses kicked down at Cardiff last season, if that's any consolation. The louts, I mean - I think the teams drew 0-0. According to my friends who went along, there was a big interweb build up about what they were going to do to the Cardiff lot but it culminated in a brief skirmish and them having a police escort all the way to the station.

Which louts consider quite embarrassing, apparently.

I've never been to a match involving Leeds but you'll be aware of the rivalry between their fans and United's. It was such a shame when they got relegated so that the banter couldn't continue :ermm:

JPaul
07-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Although he still runs with his head down at the ball and has ittle to no awareness of where anyone is.Who? JP :unsure:
Hoi, I was always told to look at the ball whan you hit it. Make sure of a good contact.

I'm not changing now.

manker
07-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Davids to Spurs on a free from Inter.

Bloody 'el. That'll be a good signing for them if he can stay injury-free. He'll be wanting to get back into the Dutch side for next summer, so I expect a good season from him.

He seems to have been around forever but is only 32.

Peerzy
07-28-2005, 02:19 PM
Shevchenko to Chelsea deal looks like it's picked up a new life. Sheva's pissed at the AC coach and visa versa. AC would want to get as much money as possible and hes 29 so only got maybe 2 more years of being a top quality striker. Roman A & Shevchenko are also good mates, this could be a good opportunity to work on our tapping up skills :P

£60 million or £45 million + Crespo/Drogba is a good deal for AC and any deal is a good deal for Chelsea because we got teh monhey.

manker
07-28-2005, 02:27 PM
£60 million or £45 million + Crespo/Drogba is a good deal for ACI'm pretty sure they've got someone to sort the drinks at half time :unsure:

I think Shevchenko is 28 but £60million is too much anyhow. You don't think he's a bit lightweight for the Premiership. He's quality, obviously, but not quick or skilfull enough to compensate for his lack of inches or his stature.

DarthInsinuate
07-28-2005, 06:54 PM
£45 million + Crespo/Drogba is a good deal for AC and any deal is a good deal for Chelsea because we got teh monhey.
i don't care if it's Shevchenko or if it's Chelsea with the money, that would be the most moronic transfer ever

Peerzy
07-28-2005, 10:28 PM
£60 million or £45 million + Crespo/Drogba is a good deal for ACI'm pretty sure they've got someone to sort the drinks at half time :unsure:

I think Shevchenko is 28 but £60million is too much anyhow. You don't think he's a bit lightweight for the Premiership. He's quality, obviously, but not quick or skilfull enough to compensate for his lack of inches or his stature.

Im hoping the £45 mill + Drogba happens, cause Crespo & Shevchenko partnership in Serie A worked pretty well.

Either way i agree its a utter waste of money, he's got a few years left then we have a 30 year old striker worth £5 mill or so, but who gives a shit, £60 mill is like Abramoviche finding a £5 on the floor of his £6 mill house :w00t:

Peerzy
07-29-2005, 04:23 AM
Lyon now not only want £32 million for Essien but also £10 million rated Tiago. They can go fuck themselfs :lol:

maebach
07-29-2005, 04:35 AM
I remember when Shevchenko blew the penalty shot in final against Liverpool. I like Drogba, I've watched a few games with him.

Peerzy
07-29-2005, 05:14 AM
I like Drogba, I've watched a few games with him.

Are you by any chance Blind, or like to wear blindfolds :blink:

maebach
07-29-2005, 05:25 PM
I like Drogba, I've watched a few games with him.

Are you by any chance Blind, or like to wear blindfolds :blink:`

not with him, sorry i must rephrase. I meant I saw him play a few games

Rat Faced
07-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Whats this Craig Moore guy that Newcastle have signed like?

Used to captain Rangers, didnt he?

manker
07-30-2005, 09:47 AM
Whats this Craig Moore guy that Newcastle have signed like?

Used to captain Rangers, didnt he?A solid player, not flashy but gets the job done.

That's not withstanding the interweb rumours I hear about him, the German team (I forget who) are letting him go for nothing because he was leering all over a group of young girls in a nightclub. Made a few touch-feely attempts to dance with them and then fell asleep on a chez-lounge. He had training the next day.

Only a rumour, but he sounds exactly the type of player Newcastle usually go for :lookaroun

JPaul
07-30-2005, 10:22 AM
He's a dirty hun fouling git bastard. Like souness.

manker
07-31-2005, 01:39 PM
Off Season Puntsphere RumoursI hear Strachan is on the Ibrox payroll :smilie4:

JPaul
07-31-2005, 02:07 PM
Off Season Puntsphere RumoursI hear Strachan is on the Ibrox payroll :smilie4:

We were shite pre-season, champs league qualifier and yesterday.

I think the league may be over, before the huns first game. :cry:

Leeds looking good for the Challenge Cup btw.

jetje
07-31-2005, 04:21 PM
United On The Verge Of Owen Swoop? 7/31/2005 6:52:00 AM
Manchester United have emerged as the clear favourites to sign Real Madrid’s on-the-way-out striker Michael Owen. Many believe that it’s only a matter of time for Owen to leave the Bernabeu after the arrival of Brazilian frontline duo Robinho and Julio Baptista and United are reportedly preparing an £11 million offer for the prolific hitman.
Though Owen has played nearly his entire career with United rivals Liverpool, the player may be keen on a move to Old Trafford especially in a World Cup season. Sir Alex Ferguson has been a longtime admirer of the 25-year-old. That said, reports suggest that Arsenal may be interested in Owen as well after their failed attempt to woo Baptista.

Owen mostly played the role of supersub in his first season at Real, though his goals per game ratio was still impressive. Owen has previously stated that he would only consider a move to England should he leave Real.
source (http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=77151&idSez=20)

Rat Face should be interested:
Given Takes Time 7/31/2005 12:15:00 PM
Newcastle United goalkeeper Shay Given will wait until next summer before deciding on his future with the Magpies.
Given, the 29-year-old Republic of Ireland international, has two years left on his existing contract and has been linked with possible moves to Manchester United or Arsenal this summer after having been among the Premiership’s top goalkeepers in recent seasons.

“So far they have not offered me a new deal, so we will have to see where this season takes us and I will look at it again," he told Sunday’s News of the World newspaper.

"But I have to say I am in no mad rush to sign a new contract at Newcastle."

Newcastle finished 14th in the League last season, and Given has been disappointed by the club’s transfer market dealings.

He added: "We have sold six players and brought in two so anyone can do the maths and see we are short."

and

Moore For Magpies 7/30/2005 11:51:00 AM
Australia’s captain and former Rangers skipper Craig Moore has signed a two-year deal to play in England with Premiership side Newcastle United.
Moore passed a medical and agreed personal terms at St James’ Park on Friday.

Moore, who played for Crystal Palace and had two spells in Glasgow at Ibrox, had also been linked with a move to Newcastle’s near neighbours, newly-promoted Sunderland.

The 29-year-old Australian was a free agent after leaving Borussia Monchengladbach at the end of last season.

The Bundesliga club claimed Moore had been sacked for drinking, an allegation denied by the Rangers player, who said he left Germany for family reasons.

Last January Moore agreed an 18-month contract with Borussia, where he joined upo again with former Rangers manager Dick Advocaat. However, Advocaat resigned in April with the club deep in relegation trouble.

jetje
07-31-2005, 04:29 PM
oh and on the Ballack deal... (wich would make Owens return to England a bit more true...). Madrid also finished the €30 million-transfer of Robinho. So they must be in search of ways to get some money back ;)

Ballack Would Fancy Madrid Move
Michael Ballack is ready to postpone talks over a new contract at Bayern Munich after admitting that he would be interested in joining Real Madrid.

The German international has been targeted by the Spanish giants to beef up their midfield, with Arrigo Sacchi believing that he would be the perfect foil in midfield alongside either Pablo García or Thomas Gravesen.

Ballack only has one year left on his contract at Bayern and Madrid are ready to make the Bundesliga champions an offer, according to Spanish daily Marca.
But Florentino Perez has insisted that his club will pay no more than €10million for the former Bayer Leverkusen player as he could be available on a free transfer at the end of next season if he does not extend his contract.

Manchester United are also keeping tabs on Ballack’s situation, but he stated that he intended to stay in Germany until after next year’s World Cup finals when their interest was made public.

Despite not being guaranteed a starting place every week at the Bernabéu, Marca claims that Ballack has alreay made it clear that he could be tempted by a move to Spain this summer.

After holding talks with Madrid while he was still with Bayer Leverkusen, Ballack knows that this will be the last time that the Spanish outfit will make a move for his services as he celebrates his 29th birthday in September.

In order to prepare for an opening offer, Madrid are keen to settle the future of Walter Samuel, Guti, Luis Figo and Michael Owen, with the first two likely to pushed out of the club to make room for the German star.

manker
08-01-2005, 01:42 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4730405.stm

Looks like Liverpool and Arsenal can't afford Owen, so he's a Man Utd player if Sir Alex want's him.

Quite ironic that if Liverpool had waited a while, they could have bought Owen for just £4million more than what they paid for that Crouch cart-horse. Another weird thing is that the UK press have been quite kind to Crouch - saying that he's a good player and not just a gangling monstrosity. Maybe they feel a bit sorry for him.

He's just shit :huh:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4697/pic068402jo.jpg

manker
08-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Feck. Phil Neville gone to Everton for £3million.

Didn't think he'd go and I also thought we'd sell some of the other midfield clowns before he went - Kleberson and Miller spring immediately to mind :dry:

DarthInsinuate
08-04-2005, 12:47 PM
wow, i thought Fergie loved the Nevilles

also to me it seems likely he'll make a bid for Owen - Van Nistelrooy was out for most of last season and didn't really recapture his magic (also he looks like a horse), Alan Smith was never really a goal scorer, and Sir Alex just hates Saha for some reason.

manker
08-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Sir Alex just hates Saha because he's made out of balsa wood. Each time he comes into contact with something other than the treatment table, he breaks a ligament or something :dry:

I hope he signs Owen. There have been noises about Sir Alex moving Smith back into midfield in a holding role to eventually take over from Roy Keane (maybe sooner rather than later 'cause I think Keane's had it at the top level). I think this is very likely since United have made no moves for midfielders this summer.

Solskjaer is back from injury, apparently, tho' I haven't seen him play for the reserves yet and who knows what he'll be like after 2 years out of the game -- with him and Saha increasingly injury prone, Rooney and RVN need cover.

Owen FTW :01:

jetje
08-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Rumor has it that Spurs (Dutch coach Martin Jol) is in the race to buy Dutch national top striker Dirk Kuyt.... Altough Kuyt (Feyenoord Rotterdam) is not for sale.... money can do change things. :cry:

PSV Eindhoven is forcing a transfer for Salomon Kalou (also Feyenoord Rotterdam) they're gonna try to force the transfer by bringing it to court.... :ohmy:

manker
08-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Sir Alex just hates Saha because he's made out of balsa wood.
"Louis Saha has had arthroscopic surgery for damage to the medial meniscus in his right knee."He's out for 4 weeks.

Fecks sake. The bloke is a nightmare.

Why havent Man Utd signed Owen yet :unsure:

manker
08-08-2005, 11:50 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4128958.stm

Man Utd and Newcastle in a straight fight for Owen.

Quality :happy:

JPaul
08-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Can manutd afford him, with the £500,000,000 debt they already have.

Would that be wise for a club in the midst of a financial crisis.

Cheese
08-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Man Utd should let us have him. You got Rooney over us last season. It's only fair.

manker
08-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Ungrateful sod ... we did sell you Nicky Butt.

jetje
08-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Toon Price Putting Wenger Off Jenas
8/8/2005 3:58:00 PM
Arsene Wenger has confirmed his interest in midfielder Jermaine Jenas, but he feels Newcastle are asking for too much for the England international.
Wenger said: "I like Jenas but I’m not intent on any player at the moment.

"When I heard Graeme Souness’ statement a few weeks ago, it was discouraging. He spoke in the region of £20m - we are not interested at that price."

Jenas, who has also been interesting Tottenham, was immediately identified as a possible replacement for Patrick Vieira following the Frenchman's move to Juventus earlier this summer.

www.goal.com

Cheese
08-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Ungrateful sod ... we did sell you Nicky Butt.

Andy Cole:lol:

manker
08-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Andy Cole was okay :unsure:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40666000/jpg/_40666840_kleberson203.jpg

Kleberson's gone to Besiktas for £2.5million :01: