PDA

View Full Version : Reputation

Rick Phlegm
05-30-2005, 06:35 PM
Lynx wrote in the sticky above:

This doesn't seem to be having the desired effect, so from now on every Off Topic post I have to remove will earn the poster some negative reputation (yes, it is still there, you just can't see it, and yes it can go negative). When your reputation falls below a certain point you go on moderation. Automatic. No matter who you are.

Would it be possible for us to be able to see our own reputation level just like we could see our warn level on IPB? :unsure:

DanB
05-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Did they ever get reset? 'cos khron put me on -5000 or something ridiculous :dry:

Rick Phlegm
05-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Did they ever get reset? 'cos khron put me on -5000 or something ridiculous :dry:
That's part of the reason I want to know mine as well cos I'm sure mine was in the red before it was taken away. :unsure:

DanB
05-30-2005, 06:52 PM
I think alot of peoples were :shifty:

{I}{K}{E}
05-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Would it be possible for us to be able to see our own reputation level just like we could see our warn level on IPB? :unsure:

You couldnt see your warn level when we were using IPB.

and we won't make the current warn levels public

Peerzy
05-30-2005, 07:14 PM
On other IPB boards i've been on members can see there own warn level but not others.

enoughfakefiles
05-30-2005, 07:15 PM

What is it now. :ph34r:

Why can`t we see our own warn level.:t`moderation:

Rick Phlegm
05-30-2005, 07:19 PM

You couldnt see your warn level when we were using IPB.

and we won't make the current warn levels public
I must've been thinking of another board then. :pinch:

Still think it makes more sense for us to be able to see our own rep tho. I don't like having it hidden from me and it would make those with a lower rep behave a bit better better if only they knew they had a low rep in the first place. As it stands, the whole thing looks like it's set up to be a veiled threat against the members.

GepperRankins
05-30-2005, 07:22 PM
how about lynx stops power tripping and SsTFU :)

if this post gets deleted, does that mean i don't get my rep lowered?

edit

didn't realise it was just this section. i thought we were after reform over the whole board :blushing:

manker
05-30-2005, 08:16 PM
So is the reputation really still there, or what?

MCHeshPants420
05-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Didn't Lynx make that post months and months ago?

Rick Phlegm
05-30-2005, 10:49 PM
Last year.

But the curiosity's been building since then :naughty:

MCHeshPants420
05-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Last year.

I think the mods were trying to figure a way of making the rep system into a warn system, I remember another post to that effect. I don't think they managed it else we'd know by now. Maybe a more competent guy like Rossco could implement such a system so the mods don't have to think for themselves too much.

Nobody1234
05-30-2005, 11:42 PM
If you question your status then it leads us to question your reputation because people who behave know they do. They don't need to ask.

Just work on your own posting skills and your reputation will follow. :P

I have reached 1000 posts again with this user profile. I had done it once before but it seems that I have lost some posts.

tesco
05-30-2005, 11:46 PM
Last year.

I think the mods were trying to figure a way of making the rep system into a warn system, I remember another post to that effect. I don't think they managed it else we'd know by now. Maybe a more competent guy like Rossco could implement such a system so the mods don't have to think for themselves too much.
We might be adding a mod later on, i think we should hold off on the big mods until the next version of vbulletin tho. :unsure:

sArA
06-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Rossco, Reality and Ike in particular have put huge amounts of time and energy into this board recently. :wub:

I wouldn't be surprised if they needed a break to sort out irl things like sleeping!
:lol: :lol:

manker
06-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about posting in this thread. Thanks, Sara.

So ... is the reputation still there but only the mods can see it, or what?

Illuminati
06-03-2005, 01:01 AM
I'd say we bring it back :01:

Though just to check the rumours that there's a special negative reputation level called 'STFU Manker' :lol: