PDA

View Full Version : torrentspy.com search problem

4play
05-30-2005, 10:02 PM
is any one else getting

TorrentSpy has the most comprehensive database of torrents on the internet. This search engine makes it easy for you to find exactly what you are looking for within seconds. Not satified with your results? Try our advanced search options.

There has been an error with your search

This search query has been blocked at the request of the copyright holder, in compliance with
the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA")

i get this response when i search for family guy :-(

sameer0807
05-30-2005, 10:28 PM
is any one else getting

TorrentSpy has the most comprehensive database of torrents on the internet. This search engine makes it easy for you to find exactly what you are looking for within seconds. Not satified with your results? Try our advanced search options.

There has been an error with your search

This search query has been blocked at the request of the copyright holder, in compliance with
the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA")

i get this response when i search for family guy :-(

just tried....Ya i m also getting that message...

Formula1
05-30-2005, 10:33 PM
yeah, i tried searching for star wars, just to see if the site had balls host it, and i got the DMCA shit.....

In conclusion , everyone forget about torrentspy and use pirate bay. pirate bay hasnt deleted any of their torrents due to threats.... check out torrent-damage.net , ET clone.

sameer0807
05-30-2005, 10:36 PM
In conclusion , everyone forget about torrentspy and use pirate bay. pirate bay hasnt deleted any of their torrents due to threats.... check out torrent-damage.net , ET clone.

ya Torrent-damage seems good torrent site....though i m really disappointed in torrentspy.

Vargas
05-30-2005, 10:40 PM
just search for "family" ;)

sameer0807
05-30-2005, 10:58 PM
just search for "family" ;)
lol...that worked!

Vargas
05-30-2005, 11:07 PM
searching for "guy family" and "wars star" also works
edit: http://torrentspy.com/directory.asp?mode=sub&id=128 <-- family guy sub catagory

sameer0807
05-30-2005, 11:30 PM
searching for "guy family" and "wars star" also works
edit: http://torrentspy.com/directory.asp?mode=sub&id=128 <-- family guy sub catagory
thats smart! good work man

HCT
05-31-2005, 01:32 AM
is a hack that DMAC put on torrentspy

look here (http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/episodes/4145/Max_Cannon_Leveling_Up_PINEam.html)
under The Feed

erRor67
05-31-2005, 02:02 AM
its called beating the system....

The torrents are there, you just havta know how to get to them. ;)

Like, when searching for "Adobe Photoshop", Adobe is filtered out... So search for "photoshop"..

Microsoft is also filtered, so search for "Windows" or "Office".

"Star Wars" and "Revenge of the Sith" is filtered, so search "Sith" or only the word "Star" or "Wars"

Hell, worst case senerio, browse all torrents and use Ctrl+F to find wat ur looking for :)

Joakim Agren
05-31-2005, 02:29 AM
Hello!

This is not new when it comes to Torrentspy!. Unfortunatelly they have to follow the DMCA. I remember the first time they where forced to do this it was Shrek that they had to block. But a search for Shreck came up with the stuff. But now you can once again search for Shrek and get the results. I guess that Torrenstpy just block searches for a limited period of time untill the case gets cold and just in silence remove the block!. So maybe in a near future we can once again search for Star Wars etc and get the search result!!.

But untill then just search using the tricks described in posts above!