PDA

View Full Version : Hatton v Tszyu

JPaul
05-31-2005, 07:08 PM
I know Hatton deserves this chance, but do you think he can win this fight.

Tszyu is top class, but he is 35 (or 36) and may be there for the beating.

DanB
05-31-2005, 07:27 PM
Not too sure, I was reading about this in the paper today on my lunchbreak

JPaul
05-31-2005, 07:40 PM
I think it's taken by most as a step up in class.

However Hatton is a smashing fighter, with a good chin.

I hope he can do it, seems like a decent spud.

DanB
05-31-2005, 07:49 PM
and he's English :01:

JPaul
05-31-2005, 07:51 PM
From T'North tho' so that's OK.

Just saw the lad on Eurosport. He looks nothing like his voice.

Busyman
05-31-2005, 08:28 PM
Hopefully that won't spoil it for him.

Of course he's English. Why do you think JP brought him up? :blink:

Oh and he'll get his ass kicked. Unfortunate. :(

JPaul
05-31-2005, 08:34 PM

Rod off, nob.

Busyman
05-31-2005, 08:38 PM

Rod off, nob.
Nob off, rod.

JPaul
05-31-2005, 08:43 PM
Rod off, nob.
Nob off, rod.
Nod off, Rob.

Rat Faced
05-31-2005, 09:51 PM
I think putting Derek Hatton in the ring, for public entertainment is a bit rough... :blink:

On second thoughts, can we not get Tyson to knock some sense into him?

Busyman
06-01-2005, 02:37 AM
Nob off, rod.
Nod off, Rob.
Rob off, Don.

manker
06-01-2005, 08:39 AM
I don't think Hatton's chin is that good. He does go down fairly easily when caught right, Tszyu is exactly the sort of fighter he's been kept away from as much as possible thoughout his career. His sledgehammer is akin to that of the geptarded persecution gang in t'lounge.

However, Tszyu has fought nobodies this past few years, only 17 rounds of boxing in 36 months or something while Hatton has got better and better and must be at his peak right now. Hearn has probably given Hatton the best chance he's ever going to get by waiting this long and making sure that the fight is in the UK.

Hatton is a smashing bloke, despite being a Man City fan, and I hope he wins by staying out of the way of Tszyu's right and getting there on points but if I had to make a prediction then I see Tszyu knocking him out in about the 8th.

RPerry
06-01-2005, 09:00 AM
I think putting Derek Hatton in the ring, for public entertainment is a bit rough... :blink:

who is going to pay to see Tyson fight anymore ? :rolleyes:

manker
06-01-2005, 09:25 AM

who is going to pay to see Tyson fight anymore ? :rolleyes:I'd pay to see my favourite Cockney give him another boxing leson :naughty:

Busyman
06-01-2005, 10:31 AM

He's coming to MCI Center in DC this month. :rolleyes:

Did you see Costya knock out Zab.

That was the funniest KO I have ever seen in my life. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Busyman
06-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Did you see Costya knock out Zab.

That was the funniest KO I have ever seen in my life. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haven't seen it, but my vote goes to Tyson's KO of Trevor Berbick way back when; hilarious.

BTW-K.T. by KO in five or less, or not at all.

Call it a feeling... ;)
Zab is a New Yorker and a speedy talker with lots of shit in between. He boxes very well but on this night Costya caught him really good and knocked him down. Because of his ego he didn't try to collect himself by at least waiting till an 8 count to get up and IMMEDIATELY jumped up and started flailing around the ring off balance like a child acting like an airplane......just itching to crash.

He jumped up before the ref could count to.....well, before the ref could count. :lol: :lol:

Rat Faced
06-02-2005, 11:52 PM

I'd be paying to see Derek Hatton laid out... not to see Tyson fight :P

:blink:

Busyman
06-04-2005, 04:16 AM
This is cool.

I'm going to TIVO the fight on Showtime HD tonight at 9pm.

I understand they will fight at 2am though my time in England.

peat moss
06-04-2005, 07:14 AM
Is this anouther great white dope ? He's english ? A fan favorite little younger than the Ruskie too !

manker
06-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Is this anouther great white dope ? He's english ? A fan favorite little younger than the Ruskie too !Yup, he's English but we're not holding that against him for tonight. He is white and used to have a problem with cuts early on in his career but has either toughened up his dermus or has become more adept at avoiding fists.

I'm really looking forward to this fight now and maybe will pay provided I don't get too mankered with the Babycham tonight.

Busyman
06-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Is this anouther great white dope ? He's english ? A fan favorite little younger than the Ruskie too !Yup, he's English but we're not holding that against him for tonight. He is white and used to have a problem with cuts early on in his career but has either toughened up his dermus or has become more adept at avoiding fists.

I'm really looking forward to this fight now and maybe will pay provided I don't get too mankered with the Babycham tonight.
Wtf is Babycham?

edit: nvm. I see it's a gaysplarkinggirliedrink. :unsure:

JPaul
06-04-2005, 11:24 PM

Feck that, it's on BBC radio.

Listen for free, particularly if you can't see properly anyway.

Busyman
06-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Great!!! Hatton won.

Kostya gave up after round 11. Wtf? :huh:

It was a good wrestling match. :lol: :lol: :lol:

After seeing the Manchester crowd I knew Kostya was going to lose.

1. Kostya had only 1 fan in the audience....Russell Crowe. They even booed Australia's national anthem.

2. Hatton could hit just Kostya's glove really hard and fans would have an orgasm.

3. 2 European judges, 1 from New York

4. European ref let Hatton hold allllll night.

5. Kostya's old, Hatton's young. Hatton's energy almost never diminished. He was a bull in the ring.

6. Hatton has a good chin.

7. I don't really like Kostya.

I also hate a quitter. If you only have 1 more round to go in a possible close fight FUCKING FIGHT THE LAST ROUND!!!

I mean I really don't think there was a chance in hell of Kostya getting a decision with those judges and that crowd in Hatton's hometown but you gotta fucking fight. I've seen shit decisions before.

I did think that was fucked up when Hatton purposely went below the belt after that break but ultimately either way he kicked Kostya's ass.

I doubt he'll get away with that much holding in the future though. Smart move in his hometown. I liked the strategy. :01:

Rat Faced
06-05-2005, 08:52 AM
European Judges are not in the UK's interest...

We arent exactly the favourite country there at the moment...

manker
06-05-2005, 10:07 AM
Yup, he's English but we're not holding that against him for tonight. He is white and used to have a problem with cuts early on in his career but has either toughened up his dermus or has become more adept at avoiding fists.

Feck that, it's on BBC radio.

Listen for free, particularly if you can't see properly anyway.Cheers, JP. I read that last night and couldn't tune the radio in, I was about to post in HardwareWorld but teh missus offered assistance. Unfortunately she was equally mankered.

Anyway, sounds like an awesome fight. I think it was shown earlier this morning on normal Sky Sports but I missed that too, it'll probably be on later in the week.

Still can't quite believe he won :D

manker
06-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Great!!! Hatton won.

Kostya gave up after round 11. Wtf? :huh:

It was a good wrestling match. :lol: :lol: :lol:

After seeing the Manchester crowd I knew Kostya was going to lose.

1. Kostya had only 1 fan in the audience....Russell Crowe. They even booed Australia's national anthem.

2. Hatton could hit just Kostya's glove really hard and fans would have an orgasm.

3. 2 European judges, 1 from New York

4. European ref let Hatton hold allllll night.

5. Kostya's old, Hatton's young. Hatton's energy almost never diminished. He was a bull in the ring.

6. Hatton has a good chin.

7. I don't really like Kostya.

I also hate a quitter. If you only have 1 more round to go in a possible close fight FUCKING FIGHT THE LAST ROUND!!!

I mean I really don't think there was a chance in hell of Kostya getting a decision with those judges and that crowd in Hatton's hometown but you gotta fucking fight. I've seen shit decisions before.

I did think that was fucked up when Hatton purposely went below the belt after that break but ultimately either way he kicked Kostya's ass.

I doubt he'll get away with that much holding in the future though. Smart move in his hometown. I liked the strategy. :01:I totally agree with the quitter statement. I don't understand why he didn't come out for the last round but then I didn't see the fight.

Hatton said before the fight that he'll (eventually) come across your way to further his career by fighting Gatti or Harris should he win. Hopefully he'll meet with more success than others who've trodden the same path.

Btw, I also don't think Euro judges would have been an advantage and isn't Crowe from NZ - they hate teh Aussies :huh:

JPaul
06-05-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm sure it will also appear on UKNova, big fights and games normally do.

manker
06-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Good darts, that man!

Rizindon
06-05-2005, 08:16 PM
how many of u here actually box ..... do u know what its like in the ring ....

manker
06-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Not me but yes :naughty:

enoughfakefiles
06-05-2005, 09:22 PM

I don`t know what it`s like in the ring. :P

/edit and we came third from last in the eurovision song contest. So you can safely say we`re not that poular in europe. :lol:

manker
06-05-2005, 09:24 PM

I don`t know what it`s like in the ring. :PYou've not lived :snooty:

Busyman
06-06-2005, 01:43 AM
how many of u here actually box ..... do u know what its like in the ring ....
Yes I have and it requires extreme conditioning...something Hatton obviously had since he went at Kostya like a bull for a full 11 rounds.

JPaul
06-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Haven't boxed for a long time. Most lads did where I came from, small mining village type thing.

However as memory serves I did not enjoy getting battered about the ring.

JPaul
06-06-2005, 06:07 PM
There is a torrent at Pisexy if anyone is interested.

DanB
06-07-2005, 02:11 PM
I just watched the fight, it was a damn good fight.

I do have to echo the sentiment that I couldn't believe he didn't come out for the 12th round, seems a bit puzzling if you ask me :(

Busyman, I'd say there was less holding in that than there is fights at other weights.

Busyman
06-07-2005, 03:02 PM
I just watched the fight, it was a damn good fight.

I do have to echo the sentiment that I couldn't believe he didn't come out for the 12th round, seems a bit puzzling if you ask me :(

Busyman, I'd say there was less holding in that than there is fights at other weights.
Are you kidding me?

That was part of Hatton's strategy.

He didn't just come in close. He would hold and then pummel.

Excellent strategy if you ask me. I remember Trinidad doing something slightly similar but mainly he would hit on a non-referee break without him necessarily initiating a hold.

Hatton did it so much that I'm surprised there wasn't a cut on either of them from a head butttt.

With Hatton's energy I think he could give Gatti a go...especially since he's younger. I think he could retire all those good fighters. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JPaul
06-07-2005, 04:38 PM
There is a torrent at Pisexy if anyone is interested.
Also at UKNova now.

Rizindon
06-07-2005, 08:27 PM
well i have its one tough sport let me tell u .... i gave anyone credit just evn step in there.. takes a lot of balls to do that !

jamie_mack
06-09-2005, 02:40 PM
What a great fight hoping for Hatoon Vs either Cotto or gatti next!

Rizindon
06-09-2005, 03:17 PM
i hoping for a rematch or hatton vs cotto!..:)

JPaul
06-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Get some more unification = good idea.

tiduseifer
06-11-2005, 05:40 AM
Hatton Vs Gatti would be awesome too!