PDA

View Full Version : Did the police do the right thing?

Yoga
06-02-2005, 06:41 PM
How One Tasing Unfolded in Boynton Beach

The Aug. 6, 2004 incident began as a normal traffic stop but took an ominous turn when the driver refused to get out of her SUV. It ended with a Boynton Beach Police officer hitting the 22-year-old woman twice with his Taser during her arrest.

Watch the video and listen to the officer's commentary to decide for yourself the necessity of the officer's actions.

:(

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/video/taser_video3a.html

DanB
06-02-2005, 06:42 PM
How One Tasing Unfolded in Boynton Beach

The Aug. 6, 2004 incident began as a normal traffic stop but took an ominous turn when the driver refused to get out of her SUV. It ended with a Boynton Beach Police officer hitting the 22-year-old woman twice with his Taser during her arrest.

Watch the video and listen to the officer's commentary to decide for yourself
:(

where do I watch the video then? :ermm:

Yoga
06-02-2005, 06:44 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/video/taser_video3a.html

GepperRankins
06-02-2005, 06:49 PM
all women driving SUVs should get tazered.

DanB
06-02-2005, 06:55 PM

Especially if they are just doing the school run :dry:

DanB
06-02-2005, 07:01 PM
It does seem over the top though, I'd have thought pepper spray would have been better.

In the UK they are only able to use them as they would use a normal firearm in their line of duty, not cos someone won't get out of their car :lol:

ziggyjuarez
06-02-2005, 07:11 PM
YOU RACIST! :ohmy:

Formula1
06-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Lol, i thought the video was hilarious! Anyway I voted yes.

Yoga
06-02-2005, 08:05 PM
;)

DarthInsinuate
06-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Yes, the officers did the right thing. They spend all day chasing scary criminals, they have to let off steam by electrocuting someone once in a while. I also found it fascinating that a couple of 5-second tases can turn a grown woman into a whining child.

99%
06-02-2005, 09:17 PM
geezz

muchspl3
06-02-2005, 09:24 PM
yes, maybe next time she drives with a suspended license, she'll get off the phone with mark and get out of the car when the officer asks her repeatedly to do so.
dumb bitch

Virtualbody1234
06-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Speeding, broken windsheild, burnt brake light and it appears that her licence was already suspended when the officer attempted to arrest her. Then she refuses to get out, talking on the cellphone and tries to hit the other officer when he takes her phone away.

So yes they did the right thing.

People forget that driving on public roads is a privilege and not a right.

Filliz
06-02-2005, 09:45 PM
What stopped them from just forcing her out of the car by hand? :dry:
Two cops vs. a woman :frusty:

Ok,she had some attitude and wasn't really cooparative...but tazing her with 50.000 volts?Twice?!

Something's really fucked up with the U.S police forces if you ask me.

DanB
06-02-2005, 09:55 PM
I guess if you are used to a brutal police force you take it as the norm :huh:

DarthInsinuate
06-02-2005, 09:56 PM

Ok,she had some attitude and wasn't really cooparative...but tazing her with 50.000 volts?Twice?!

they explained that dragging her out would more likely end either one of them up with an injury. Laying your hands on someone is violent, electricuting them isn't.

The second shock was to get her to put her hands behind her back, any suspect is considered a threat until they do this.

i'm not sure what the significance of 50,000 volts is, perhaps it would have been better to tase her with a 12v battery, i'm not sure, would that subdue someone?

muchspl3
06-02-2005, 10:13 PM

"hmmm...should i wrestle with this ignorant bitch and risk her jamming her fake 5" finger nail in my eye or just shock her to get her ass outta the damned car."

Filliz
06-02-2005, 10:32 PM
they explained that dragging her out would more likely end either one of them up with an injury.
They're cops for crying out loud :wacko:
There's is a chance you can end up with a scratch or a bruise from time to time.

Laying your hands on someone is violent, electricuting them isn't.
In my eyes it's only considered violent/assault if there was no need to get physical with the suspect.
But that's probably not how it works over there.

The second shock was to get her to put her hands behind her back, any suspect is considered a threat until they do this.
That's probably how it's stated in their theory books.
So yes,in theory she's still a threat.
But seeing she was already down on the ground because of the first taze,I don't see how she could've been a threat to those two officers.

i'm not sure what the significance of 50,000 volts is, perhaps it would have been better to tase her with a 12v battery, i'm not sure, would that subdue someone?
Over here we only use tazers on cattle,not people.
Crazy,huh?

Anyway,if the person behind the wheel of that car looked something like this:
http://img19.echo.cx/img19/5100/goldbergbill069sh.jpg

then yea,I can understand you are tempted to use a tazer.
But this is just ridiculous.

"hmmm...should i wrestle with this ignorant bitch and risk her jamming her fake 5" finger nail in my eye or just shock her to get her ass outta the damned car."
Why not taze everyone they pull over,just to eliminate the risk of them getting violent or obstructive. :mellow:

Virtualbody1234
06-03-2005, 01:37 AM
The 12v battery wouldn't work. You wouldn't even feel it. The tazer is high voltage but low amperage.

Smith
06-03-2005, 01:57 AM
LMAO :lol:

maebach
06-03-2005, 02:10 AM
its a bit harshe but meh... she deserved it

SaYiaN
06-22-2005, 02:51 AM
Yea, i'm gonna have to go on the police side with this one..

asmithz
08-01-2005, 04:47 AM
Yes, the officers did the right thing. They spend all day chasing scary criminals, they have to let off steam by electrocuting someone once in a while. I also found it fascinating that a couple of 5-second tases can turn a grown woman into a whining child.

Or a yelping dog. He did the right thing, casue he asked serveral time for her to get out. She rufuesed, so he said if you dont, then i will taze you. All she could do is talk shit, and not get out. I dout she would have listened just by peper spray, when she didnt shut up still after getting tazed.

RPerry
08-01-2005, 05:53 AM
I had to vote yes on this too.

Its not so hard to follow a few simple instructions, although this woman found it impossible. Had her attitude been better to begin with, she might have just got a ticket and a summons for court. I have found if you handle the police with respect, they respect you back, make a bad situation better for everyone.

Arm
08-01-2005, 11:20 AM
I think the officers should be tazed repeatedly before they can carry a tazer.

DarthInsinuate
08-01-2005, 11:42 AM
i think they are, it's part of their training (i think it says so on the commentary of that video somewhere), or they just do it for fun, since sadism is a prerequisite of joining the police

Busyman
08-01-2005, 02:09 PM
i think they are, it's part of their training (i think it says so on the commentary of that video somewhere), or they just do it for fun, since sadism is a prerequisite of joining the police
You watched Exit Wounds too many times. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I side with the police.

Police have let me go for driving 80 mph and part of it was because I was courteous and respectful, had my license and registration ready when he approached and didn't bullshit the reason I was stopped (and I didn't have any warrants :lookaroun ).

Once, after being stopped for going 80, my radar detector was still going off when he was at my driver's side. :lookaroun

vidcc
08-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Once, after being stopped for going 80, my radar detector was still going off when he was at my driver's side. :lookaroun
Money well spent then :lol:

Busyman
08-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Money well spent then :lol:
Doesn't work if you're paced.

I check my rearview intermittently. :lookaroun

Snee
08-01-2005, 08:06 PM
She was warned, but she acted like an idiot and wouldn't comply to very clear instructions, so the first hit was definitely warranted.

Dunno' about the second time, but I suppose that, for all they knew, she might have a concealed weapon or something ready for when they would get close enough.

In this case I'd say that her pain < the policemen's safety.

Also, what's it like being hit by a tazer? If it's anything like getting an electric shock you'd be cramping up and twitching a lot after, but I dunno' if you have to whine for a couple of minutes. Does tazering burn or smething?