PDA

View Full Version : Sound...

summond_skull
06-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Well,

I leave home for work at 3.45 PM. Get home at 11PM to listen to some classical Michael Jackson. And what'd yah know, THE SOUND AINT WORKING

Now, I don't have a clue whats wrong with it, before I went to work it was fine, now its all gay and not working.

Anyone know what may be wrong with it? I've tried 2 sets of speakers, 2 head phones, several Music players/Media players, yet it doesn't work. Its not jst music, its like the sound in general.

Any help? =(

I'm running Windows XP Pro, and my main Music player is WinAmp.

Thanks in advance.

Virtualbody1234
06-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Mute?

peat moss
06-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Check the plugs mabye the cat pulled them out. My little bugger does it all the time. Or Its your taste in music . LOL

oOPS , See you tryed head phones .

summond_skull
06-04-2005, 12:23 AM
I've checked mute, thats not it. I've tried all the wires, still no luck. And gawd im gonna kill my bro tomorrow mornin'

I think i'll re-install windows

Guillaume
06-04-2005, 12:37 AM
Have you checked if the soundcard isn't deactivated in device manager?
Don't know why anyone would do that, but that'd be a bitch reinstalling windows just because your bro messed up with the hardware.

Mïcrösöül°V³
06-04-2005, 02:19 AM
I would try uninstalling the cards drivers, and re-installing them first, even remove the card from the device manager. Its prolly a driver issue.

tesco
06-04-2005, 02:32 AM
I would try uninstalling the cards drivers, and re-installing them first, even remove the card from the device manager. Its prolly a driver issue.
exactly what i'd suggest.

summond_skull
06-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Just tried them this morning, still nothing =|

I'm starting to think he may have screwed up one of the plugs at the backs, I'll get them checked... And if they don't work re-installin' time >_<

Thanks for yah help, really appreciated.