PDA

View Full Version : Teh Damn Meds

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Now I'm taking Asacol, Prednisolone and Azathioprine.

The steroids are making me really fat :cry:, I've gained 2&1/2 stone and my face is all pudgy! And I have to pluck my eyebrows everyday ‘cause they’re making me HAIRIER!!!

I'm growing a fucking MUSTACHE!! :cry1:Have you any idea how painful it is plucking hair off your lip?

I shaved my legs 2 days ago and today they look like hedgehogs!!

I WANT OFF THE MEDS!!!!!

Oh look! It's me - :schnauz: + a double chin

{I}{K}{E}
06-04-2005, 02:53 PM
:(

bigboab
06-04-2005, 02:57 PM

The steroids are making me really fat :cry:, I've gained 2&1/2 stone and my face is all pudgy! And I have to pluck my eyebrows everyday ‘cause they’re making me HAIRIER!!!

I'm growing a fucking MUSTACHE!! :cry1:Have you any idea how painful it is plucking hair off your lip?

I WANT OFF THE MEDS!!!!!

What some dads will do to get their daughter to fly spitfires.:(

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 03:02 PM
It's for Colitis.

Gemby!
06-04-2005, 03:02 PM

I WANT OFF THE MEDS!!!!!

i take prednisolone - they look like those mini m+m's :01:

you will lose the weight - dont panic

and get less hairy :wacko:

GepperRankins
06-04-2005, 03:03 PM
i knew it!

ziggy = SGG

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 03:05 PM

I WANT OFF THE MEDS!!!!!

i take prednisolone - they look like those mini m+m's :01:

you will lose the weight - dont panic

and get less hairy :wacko:

They do look like tiny m+m's, don't they? :lol: The coating is sweet, too.

Gemby!
06-04-2005, 03:07 PM
mines are red - same with you ?

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Yup. They even have little letters on them. :)

Gemby!
06-04-2005, 03:11 PM
same !

they are so cute - i take them with my thyroxine pill which is like a white m+m when you lick off the colouring

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 03:13 PM
But they jacked my weight up to 8&1/2 stone so I hate them, cute or not.

NikkiD
06-04-2005, 03:14 PM
The weight gain is usually just temporary while your body adjusts to the meds. In a few months you'll be back to normal and losing it again. Though losing it takes 3 times as long as gaining it did. :dry:

Just keep reminding yourself that it's not your fault, it's just all the meds the doctors keep pumping you full of, and of how horrible you felt when you weren't taking them.

Colitis sucks. :cry:

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 03:18 PM
I have a waddle......

They're taking me off the Prednisolone and putting me on more Azathioprine, but they
aren't as pretty and they're giving me spots so I want it changed. :dry:

Gemby!
06-04-2005, 03:19 PM
But they jacked my weight up to 8&1/2 stone so I hate them, cute or not.

but they eventually do even out and you lose the weight you put on :)

thats why you should keep taking them :01: becuase you will get better and lose the weight :01:

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 03:22 PM
I liked weighing 6 stone and I don't like my waddle. :cry:

manker
06-04-2005, 03:23 PM
In school a lad in my year had to take steroids because of something or other and grew a moustache complete with a stupid looking beard. We were all jealous. Being a girl must suck sometimes but there are the obvious advantages.

Hope you get better soon, SGG :)

Gemby!
06-04-2005, 03:24 PM
boys get everything so dam easy !!

ps. whats your waddle ?

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Double chin.

Gemby!
06-04-2005, 03:26 PM
i see

well embrace that double chin and do something creative liikkkee ......*thinks*

i dont know, but think creative ! :D

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 03:28 PM
In school a lad in my year had to take steroids because of something or other and grew a moustache complete with a stupid looking beard. We were all jealous. Being a girl must suck sometimes but there are the obvious advantages.

No matter what the advantages of being a woman "MotherNature" always finds a way to ruin it.

Male masturbation decreases the chance of cancer....female masturbation increases it. That's just not funny. :dry:

manker
06-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Walk around pretending to be aloof with your nose in the air. That way boys will think you are teh sexay and your double chin won't show.

Men love teh posh totty.

manker
06-04-2005, 03:30 PM

No matter what the advantages of being a woman "MotherNature" always finds a way to ruin it.

Male masturbation decreases the chance of cancer....female masturbation increases it. That's just not funny. :dry:Huh, I've never heard that before. How come a bit of a jill can cause cancer?

Sounds like old-folk speak, to me :dry:

Gemby!
06-04-2005, 03:30 PM
:01:

see ! manker has teh creative thing going on ! :schnauz:

muchspl3
06-04-2005, 03:34 PM
pics?

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 03:35 PM
When a girl is young (in teens, I mean) if something is to rub against the Cervix (opening to the uterus) It rubs away the skin cells, which can cause cancer of the Cervix. They taught us that in Sex Ed.

Gemby!
06-04-2005, 03:39 PM
When a girl is young (in teens, I mean) if something is to rub against the Cervix (opening to the uterus) It rubs away the skin cells, which can cause cancer of the Cervix. They taught us that in Sex Ed.

they did not teach me that :lol:

well i guess you could just add it to the list of negative aspects of being a woman :(

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Walk around pretending to be aloof with your nose in the air. That way boys will think you are teh sexay and your double chin won't show.

Men love teh posh totty.

ROFL!!! OMG!!!! You have no idea how much the boys in my school hate my guts. :lol::lol::lol:

None of them would ever think I'm sexy! They're all neds anyways, I wouldn't want them to. :rolleyes:

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 03:44 PM
pics?

There are children on this board, I wouldn't want to scare them.

muchspl3
06-04-2005, 03:47 PM
pm?

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 03:48 PM
I don't think so. I feel too ugly. :(

manker
06-04-2005, 03:51 PM

Men love teh posh totty.

ROFL!!! OMG!!!! You have no idea how much the boys in my school hate my guts. :lol::lol::lol:

None of them would ever think I'm sexy! They're all neds anyways, I wouldn't want them to. :rolleyes:They're just scared of you :D

I imagine they like the delicate blonde ones who don't have much of a personality. That'll change - at least for the ones who have a bit of personality themselves.

manker
06-04-2005, 03:55 PM
When a girl is young (in teens, I mean) if something is to rub against the Cervix (opening to the uterus) It rubs away the skin cells, which can cause cancer of the Cervix. They taught us that in Sex Ed.This is true but masturbating doesn't necessarily have to involve the cervix.

I wrote a really funny reply but then I remembered how old you were and that your Dad is likely to read my note :schnauz:

manker
06-04-2005, 03:56 PM
muchspl <3 SGG

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 04:04 PM

None of them would ever think I'm sexy! They're all neds anyways, I wouldn't want them to. :rolleyes:They're just scared of you :D

I imagine they like the delicate blonde ones who don't have much of a personality. That'll change - at least for the ones who have a bit of personality themselves.

No, they hate me because I dance and talk like freak, have spots and contradict their insults using over-elaborate logic that makes them feel stupid. Mind you, if they're going to follow me down the corridors calling my name in a funny voice they deserve to feel stupid, they need to know the truth, afterall.

manker
06-04-2005, 04:09 PM
They're just scared of you :D

No, they hate me because I dance and talk like freak, have spots and contradict their insults using over-elaborate logic that makes them feel stupid. Mind you, if they're going to follow me down the corridors calling my name in a funny voice they deserve to feel stupid, they need to know the truth, afterall.Exactly.

Eventually being bright and funny will be an asset in teh sex getting - even if it's only because it temporarily allows them to shut you up :D

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 04:11 PM
And they think sex will make me quieter? :blink:

JPaul
06-04-2005, 04:15 PM
They are afraid of you because you are strong enough to be different from the flock.

Not being a sheep is an important thing in your neck of the woods .... and when talking to manbaa.

Feck if this makes you feel even more different from these neds then it must be a good thing.

Please to be feeling better at your earliest possible convenience.

manker
06-04-2005, 04:16 PM
And they think sex will make me quieter? :blink:Duno, if I do it right she doesn't talk for ages afterwards :unsure:

Of course, speaking to someone that's fast asleep offers scant reward.

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 04:19 PM
@manker- :ohmy: Oh, you mean afterwards.

@JPaul- Thanking you. :unsure:

manker
06-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Not being a sheep is an important thing in your neck of the woods .... and when talking to manbaa.This is true (apart from the ovine gag). My days of talking to pretty, stupid women are long gone.

manker
06-04-2005, 04:21 PM
@manker- :ohmy: Oh, you mean afterwards.Not really but it was the best remark I could come up with :unsure:

In my experience women are frequently noisy during but, thankfully, it's never a conversation.

JPaul
06-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Not being a sheep is an important thing in your neck of the woods .... and when talking to manbaa.This is true (apart from the ovine gag). My days of talking to pretty, stupid women are long gone.
I'm sure missus manker will be thrilled to know.

JPaul
06-04-2005, 04:22 PM
@manker- :ohmy: Oh, you mean afterwards.Not really but it was the best remark I could come up with :unsure:

In my experience women are frequently noisy during but, thankfully, it's never a conversation.
Then you wouldn't be able to hear Family Guy, or whatever.

manker
06-04-2005, 04:24 PM
This is true (apart from the ovine gag). My days of talking to pretty, stupid women are long gone.
I'm sure missus manker will be thrilled to know.She is the main reason :D

No point in ego stroking when that's all it will ever amount to.

manker
06-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Not really but it was the best remark I could come up with :unsure:

Then you wouldn't be able to hear Family Guy, or whatever.In my defence, watching Family Guy wasn't during intercourse.

What else was I supposed to do :schnauz:

JPaul
06-04-2005, 04:26 PM
I'm sure missus manker will be thrilled to know.She is the main reason :D

No shit Sherlock :naughty:

manker
06-04-2005, 04:31 PM
She is the main reason :D

No shit Sherlock :naughty::snooty:

I might have turned gay.

JPaul
06-04-2005, 04:36 PM
No shit Sherlock :naughty::snooty:

I might have turned gay.
Decision, decisions.

Do you ever regret not going thro' with it.

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 04:37 PM
And I'd believe it, too.

manker
06-04-2005, 04:43 PM
:snooty:

I might have turned gay.
Decision, decisions.

Do you ever regret not going thro' with it.Following thro' is not something I'd be particularly enamoured with, if that's what you mean.

I've heard horror stories about faecal leakage :ohmy:

JPaul
06-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Decision, decisions.

Do you ever regret not going thro' with it.Following thro' is not something I'd be particularly enamoured with, if that's what you mean.

I've heard horror stories about faecal leakage :ohmy:
Particularly now your sphincter area is less taut. What with dabbling with the http://www.anayasa.gov.tr/album/baskan01.htm

manker
06-04-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm not exaclty mankered with teh Babycham but I didn't get that :huh:

Edit: (not really) I pondered a bit and now I do :lol:

JPaul
06-04-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm not exaclty mankered with teh Babycham but I didn't get that :huh:

Edit: (not really) I pondered a bit and now I do :lol:
Mebbes jist a wee bit.

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Would anyone like to see a list of all possible side effects of my medication?

bigboab
06-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Would anyone like to see a list of all possible side effects of my medication?

Yes. If they are more than the side effects of my medication I will give you a lollipop.:)

On second thoughts, in todays climate offering you a lollipop might not be such a good idea.:lol:

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Well let's see then...Apparently I might get-

Nausea, headaches, diarrhoea, stomach pain, blood disorders, inflammation of the pancreas, heart, liver or kidneys and other kidney problems, hair loss, damage to peripheral nerves giving rise to numbness and tingling, a tendancy to bruise easily, fever, sore throat, spots under the skin, swollen ankles, unusual bleeding (e.g. unexplianed nosebleeds), rashes, flaking, boils or sore lips and mouth, shortness of breath, palpitation, chest pains, lightening or darkening of skin colour, increased appetite, indigestion, a feeling of being full/bloated, trouble sleeping, unusual increase in hair growth on body or face, white areas inside the mouth, puffy/swollen face/tongue/body, swelling, shock and collapse, filling or rounding out of the face, muscle cramps or pains, muscle weakness, pain in back/hips/ribs/arms/shoulders/legs, reddish purple lines on arms/face/legs/trunk/groin, wounds that will not heal, pancreatitis, abdominal pains, blood clots, dependency on the tablets, decreased or blurred vision, increased thirst, confusion and nervousness, mood swings, sore eyes, increased blood pressure, osteoporosis, lower resistance to infections, signs of diabetes, irregular periods (or a stop in mensralation altogether), a stop in growth in infancy, childhood and adolescence, mouth sores, cough, lack of energy, loss of appetite, pain in the upper right part of the stomach, yellowing of the skin or eyes, flu-like symptoms, sore throat, fever, chills, and other signs of infection, hair loss, joint pain, blood in urine, painful or difficult urination, pinpoint red spots on skin, increased chanced of certain types of cancer, neoplasias (cancerous or noncancerous growths)

I'll re-do these when I get the list of side-effects for Azathioprine.

bigboab
06-04-2005, 10:10 PM
One of the drugs I take for Alzheimers has 126 side effects. Including the side effects that are symptoms of Alzheimers.:lol::lol:

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 10:11 PM
You have Alzheimers? :( Poor bigboab, does your medication work?

bigboab
06-04-2005, 10:21 PM
You have Alzheimers? :( Poor bigboab, does your medication work?

Yes.:) absolutely fantastic.:) Only drawback is that it says that it can improve your intelligence. How can you improve on perfection.:lol::lol:

Going to watch 'Have I got news for you' one of the funniest programs on TV.:)

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 10:26 PM
What's this medication called? :shifty:

clocker
06-04-2005, 10:33 PM
And I have to pluck my eyebrows everyday ‘cause they’re making me HAIRIER!!!

Of course, you're becoming increasingly attractive to Guillaume....
if you are desperate for a silver lining you might clutch at that.

Guillaume
06-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Eh? Are you trying to have Biggles air-raid my place? :unsure:

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Seriously...not funny, dude. :(

bigboab
06-04-2005, 11:00 PM
What's this medication called? :shifty:

I forgot.:lol:

Galantamine.:)

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Sounds good, know where I can get some? :naughty:

bigboab
06-04-2005, 11:12 PM
Sounds good, know where I can get some? :naughty:
Give me a call next time you are in Killie.:)

With your dads permission of course.:) He probably wants some too.:lol:

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Cool. :smoke:

ziggyjuarez
06-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Cool. :smoke:
i hear smoking makes you thin :schnauz:

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 11:26 PM
It also kills you.

ziggyjuarez
06-04-2005, 11:39 PM
It also kills you.
but it will make your friend think youre cool :cool:

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 11:40 PM
They will also think I smell...and what friends?

ziggyjuarez
06-04-2005, 11:47 PM
They will also think I smell...and what friends?
your mommy :(

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-04-2005, 11:55 PM
Erm...I love my mummy but I don't think she'd approve if I were to smoke.

ziggyjuarez
06-05-2005, 12:00 AM
Erm...I love my mummy but I don't think she'd approve if I were to smoke.
Well ask your dad to talk to her.Smoking is the new "in" thing.Every1's doing it

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Sinse 100 years ago, yeah.

ziggyjuarez
06-05-2005, 12:05 AM
well ill leave you with a link and a good bye
http://leeroymk.ytmnd.com/
good bye getta be dat jet otta diz bisnet

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Fo' shizzle? :unsure:

ziggyjuarez
06-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Fo' shizzle? :unsure:
is this what your dad looks like?
http://www.thesimpsons.com/bios/images/bios_school_willie.gif

Biggles
06-06-2005, 07:53 PM
They're just scared of you :D

No, they hate me because I dance and talk like freak, have spots and contradict their insults using over-elaborate logic that makes them feel stupid. Mind you, if they're going to follow me down the corridors calling my name in a funny voice they deserve to feel stupid, they need to know the truth, afterall.

Call me old fashioned but I think administering a severe beating to at least two (that I know of :dry: ) of the Ned boys also has something to do with it.

I am also a teensy bit concerned about this "fat" stuff. I was not at all happy with the 6 stone thing. After discussing this, SGG did a BMI test last night on the interweb and came out at 21.6. It told her she ideal weight for her religion or somesuch stuff.

The steriods have Bugs Bunnied her a tad though. :shifty: but the doc says that will go back to normal fairly soon.

I'm just ignoring the gynaecological stuff :unsure:

Ziggy - I am not that bald .... the rest well ... :pinch:

Edit: and she is right about smoking being dangerous for her health :dry:

Lilmiss
06-06-2005, 10:44 PM
I am also a teensy bit concerned about this "fat" stuff.

I think she just needs a few more marshmallow creamy things wafted under her nose.

...and while you're at it. :whistling

Biggles
06-06-2005, 10:51 PM
I am also a teensy bit concerned about this "fat" stuff.

I think she just needs a few more marshmallow creamy things wafted under her nose.

:lol:

She was making herself those last night and I raised an eyebrow (very Leonard Nimoy) and she said "So! I have no will power" - To know oneself is the beginning of wisdom or something like that.

:dry:

anybody else want creamy marshmallow hot chocolate while I am at it?

namzuf9
06-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Well let's see then...Apparently I might get-

Nausea, headaches, diarrhoea, stomach pain, blood disorders, inflammation of the pancreas, heart, liver or kidneys and other kidney problems, hair loss, damage to peripheral nerves giving rise to numbness and tingling, a tendancy to bruise easily, fever, sore throat, spots under the skin, swollen ankles, unusual bleeding (e.g. unexplianed nosebleeds), rashes, flaking, boils or sore lips and mouth, shortness of breath, palpitation, chest pains, lightening or darkening of skin colour, increased appetite, indigestion, a feeling of being full/bloated, trouble sleeping, unusual increase in hair growth on body or face, white areas inside the mouth, puffy/swollen face/tongue/body, swelling, shock and collapse, filling or rounding out of the face, muscle cramps or pains, muscle weakness, pain in back/hips/ribs/arms/shoulders/legs, reddish purple lines on arms/face/legs/trunk/groin, wounds that will not heal, pancreatitis, abdominal pains, blood clots, dependency on the tablets, decreased or blurred vision, increased thirst, confusion and nervousness, mood swings, sore eyes, increased blood pressure, osteoporosis, lower resistance to infections, signs of diabetes, irregular periods (or a stop in mensralation altogether), a stop in growth in infancy, childhood and adolescence, mouth sores, cough, lack of energy, loss of appetite, pain in the upper right part of the stomach, yellowing of the skin or eyes, flu-like symptoms, sore throat, fever, chills, and other signs of infection, hair loss, joint pain, blood in urine, painful or difficult urination, pinpoint red spots on skin, increased chanced of certain types of cancer, neoplasias (cancerous or noncancerous growths)

I'll re-do these when I get the list of side-effects for Azathioprine.

And to think you get all this on the NHS when I'm paying for the privilage! :D

Lilmiss
06-06-2005, 10:58 PM

I want extra marshmallows, Willie. :P

:chuckles and hides:

Biggles
06-07-2005, 05:27 PM

I want extra marshmallows, Willie. :P

:chuckles and hides:

:dry: OK, Sherri Bobbins

JPaul
06-07-2005, 06:26 PM

:lol:

She was making herself those last night and I raised an eyebrow (very Leonard Nimoy) and she said "So! I have no will power" - To know oneself is the beginning of wisdom or something like that.

Did you say the marshmellons were needed for t'hot chocolate. A lá Spock.

I was returning from Belfast recently, on the HSS (big feck off ferry). The chum I was with got himself a cappuccino (sp), I off course got a simple glass of water.

Said chum had a sip of his nancy boy coffee and reflected how it was not as milky as he remembered. I off course opined that this may be because his previous venture into the fancy dan coffee World had involved latté.

How we larfed.

Gripper
06-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Don't you just love prescription drugs,my anti-depressants have as a side effect..may cause depression,my beta blockers may cause heart problems..ya gotta laugh,hope things get better for ya soon SGG,you seem strongwilled so I have faith you'll get through all this shit

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Tank you all. :smoke:

Lilmiss
06-12-2005, 06:41 PM
How ya feeling now?

Have you broken in those boots yet? :shifty:

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-12-2005, 06:45 PM
They are fully broken in and me thinks ready for a trip to school. :naughty:

I ain't feelin' too crappy - a little dizzy, though.

bigboab
06-12-2005, 06:50 PM
They are fully broken in and me thinks ready for a trip to school. :naughty:

I ain't feelin' too crappy - a little dizzy, though.

Its good to see you back to normal.:cry:

Lilmiss
06-12-2005, 06:54 PM
:ohmy: You're allowed to wear them to school?
God help the Neds. I've been keeping an eye out on Crimestoppers for you and your evil boots, but theres been nothing as yet. :unsure:

Glad you're a bit happier.
The dizziness is just old age, it doesn't get any better. :wacko:

bigboab
06-12-2005, 06:56 PM
:ohmy: You're allowed to wear them to school?
God help the Neds. I've been keeping an eye out on Crimestoppers for you and your evil boots, but theres been nothing as yet. :unsure:

Glad you're a bit happier.
The dizziness is just old age, it doesn't get any better. :wacko:

The teachers wear them in this area. It helps to control certain young ladies.:)

SpatulaGeekGirl
06-12-2005, 07:13 PM
I'd be smitten with any teacher wearing those. :)

bigboab
06-12-2005, 07:15 PM
I'd be smitten with any teacher wearing those. :)

Even on with false teeth, no hair, glasses and occasionally wears pit bits?:blink:

manker
06-12-2005, 07:17 PM
What's a pit bit :unsure:

bigboab
06-12-2005, 07:20 PM
What's a pit bit :unsure:

A Welshman that does not know what pit bits(boots) are.:cry:

manker
06-12-2005, 07:25 PM
What's a kow :unsure:

manker
06-12-2005, 07:26 PM
:D

Honestly, I've never heard them called that before - and the pits near me closed in the eighties so I duno much about minage.

bigboab
06-12-2005, 07:27 PM

Too late you shoud have quoted it.:lol:

manker
06-12-2005, 07:28 PM

Too late you shoud have quoted it.:lol:
:naughty:

bigboab
06-12-2005, 07:28 PM

Honestly, I've never heard them called that before - and the pits near me closed in the eighties so I duno much about minage.

What is minage?:lol:

manker
06-12-2005, 07:36 PM

What is minage?:lol:It's a bit like roddage. In fact in this case, almost exactly :D

They're not actually words, just an 'age' added to the end of something to turn it into a conjunction.

bigboab
06-12-2005, 07:39 PM
What is minage?:lol:It's a bit like roddage. In fact in this case, almost exactly :D

They're not actually words, just an 'age' added to the end of something to turn it into a conjunction.

Ok.:) What is min then? Other than a character from the Goon Show.:lol:

manker
06-12-2005, 07:43 PM
What's a Goon Show :unsure:

bigboab
06-12-2005, 07:45 PM
What's a Goon Show :unsure:

If you honestly dont know Your education is severely lacking.:cry:

DarthInsinuate
06-12-2005, 07:53 PM
they eat grass, squirt milk, and say moo