PDA

View Full Version : Anti War People Listen

DontTauntHappyFunBall
04-09-2003, 01:00 PM
As a free citizen UK or US, any war protesting the minute the war starts is very very dumb and disgraceful

Everyone has a right to but your views about Bush should not give the impression you don't appreciate what the men and women our age are doing right now. In a nut shell
!FOR YOUR RIGHT TO BE AGINST THE WAR AND GIVE REALLY BAD REASONS IN DOING SO, THEY ARE GOING TO DIE OR WIN FOR YOU... NOT THEMSELVES OR THE US!!

Against the war PRO HUSSIEN, US is not oerfect and Jr. is a horrible president, coalition is the lesser of two evils maybe but don't forget your not in any danger right now. Think you are? Go to Iraq, wanna know how life was in Iraq will be easy to find a country lead by fear and torture go live there. Bush sucks but learn alot more about checks and balances oh yeah Saddam as your president .

MagicNakor
04-09-2003, 07:35 PM
If one is against the war, they aren't necessarily "pro-Hussein." Absolute values are never true, no matter how much the propaganda wants you to believe otherwise. If one is against the war, they aren't necessarily "anti-American," no matter what the US is trying to protray. It is an unfortunate fact that many people with anti-American views are using the anti-war banner to go on about it, but you can't tar everyone with the same brush.

:ninja:

kAb
04-10-2003, 03:00 AM
and anti-war protesters, think about this:

Nobody in Iraq was allowed to protest anything while Saddam was around, they couldn't even say quietly to their neighbor "i don't think this is right" without getting their familes killed.

DontTauntHappyFunBall
04-10-2003, 06:05 AM
ok here is i got to this and knew your an idiot.....yes you are pro saddam like it or not. Propaganda my ass, what other way can you tell me to end Hussian's term as leader? Vote? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think I ever said anything was anti american because of your belifes. Belifes yours freedom that is amreican as is gets you are allowed to think whatever you want......I got a size 11 1/2 big black boot of propaganda for you. Just because you belive what you see on the news...take your high school level argument to the hacky sack club

Read "Where are the Jeffersons" an essay and a good one, why is it good?
it supports your claim and mine both!
**********************************************************************************
Sorry dude your not an idiot, I understand what your saying. Its a true statement you make. I don't think it was the place of American citizen to protest this, yes you have a right to but protesting it when men and women are risjing thier lives is dumb to me. It only gonna do one thing hurt those who are brave enough to die for the Iraqi citizens. they did not seem to mind too much when they were tearing down that statue, this was not about joe american. Yes they feed that to us but thats the lame ass stuff this country has and it is scary.

DontTauntHappyFunBall
04-10-2003, 06:20 AM
KAB
Amen,

its almost scary that propaganda is used to support any argument, the practices has been around for 70 years its not a bad word it means sell an idea, but as americans we get to decide what and what not to buy! Think it was like that this time last year in Iraq people? I promise any anti war thinkers that they are seeing history repeat itself...unless you want to tell me the holocaust was propaganda?
And before anyone says it, let the Iraqi citizens save themselves :( :( :( :( :(
Innocent lives lost pre war and durring we must al respect

MagicNakor
04-10-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by DontTauntHappyFunBall@10 April 2003 - 07:05
ok here is i got to this and knew your an idiot.....yes you are pro saddam like it or not. Propaganda my ass, what other way can you tell me to end Hussian's term as leader? Vote? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think I ever said anything was anti american because of your belifes. Belifes yours freedom that is amreican as is gets you are allowed to think whatever you want......I got a size 11 1/2 big black boot of propaganda for you. Just because you belive what you see on the news...take your high school level argument to the hacky sack club

it supports your claim and mine both!
**********************************************************************************
Sorry dude your not an idiot, I understand what your saying. Its a true statement you make. I don't think it was the place of American citizen to protest this, yes you have a right to but protesting it when men and women are risjing thier lives is dumb to me. It only gonna do one thing hurt those who are brave enough to die for the Iraqi citizens. they did not seem to mind too much when they were tearing down that statue, this was not about joe american. Yes they feed that to us but thats the lame ass stuff this country has and it is scary.
No, I'm not pro-Saddam. As I stated before, there are a lot of shades of gray inbetween "Leave it alone" and "Nuke 'em!" I know what I believe more than do you, surely.

Death would Hussein's term rather shortly. He isn't a young man. However, his sons are.

About your "American belifes," I'm not American. I don't live in America. There are other countries in the world, you realize. And guess what comes with other countries? Other countries' news. Yes, there is news other than CNN and Fox.

Furthermore, I've been out of high school for quite some time now. Explain to me what a "hacky sack club" is, because they didn't exist then.

You wouldn't happen to have an authour of this "Where are the Jeffersons" essay? Although I'll doubt the veracity of it, because I tend to do that with people who can't spell or punctuate.

Sixty-two thousand four hundred repetitions make one truth.

ne1GotZardoz
04-10-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor+10 April 2003 - 03:19--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MagicNakor @ 10 April 2003 - 03:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DontTauntHappyFunBall@10 April 2003 - 07:05
ok here is i got to this and knew your an idiot.....yes you are pro saddam like it or not. Propaganda my ass, what other way can you tell me to end Hussian&#39;s term as leader? Vote?&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:

I don&#39;t think I ever said anything was&nbsp; anti american because of your belifes. Belifes yours freedom that is amreican as is gets you are allowed to think whatever you want......I got a size 11 1/2 big black boot of propaganda for you. Just because you belive what you see on the news...take your high school level argument to the hacky sack club

it supports your claim and mine both&#33;
Sorry dude your not an idiot, I understand what your saying. Its a true statement you make.&nbsp; I don&#39;t think it was the place of American citizen to protest this, yes you have a right to but protesting it when men and women are risjing thier lives is dumb to me. It only gonna do one thing hurt those who are brave enough to die for the Iraqi citizens. they did not seem to mind too much when they were tearing down that statue, this was not about joe american. Yes they feed that to us but thats the lame ass stuff this country has and it is scary.
No, I&#39;m not pro-Saddam. As I stated before, there are a lot of shades of gray inbetween "Leave it alone" and "Nuke &#39;em&#33;" I know what I believe more than do you, surely.

Death would Hussein&#39;s term rather shortly. He isn&#39;t a young man. However, his sons are.

About your "American belifes," I&#39;m not American. I don&#39;t live in America. There are other countries in the world, you realize. And guess what comes with other countries? Other countries&#39; news. Yes, there is news other than CNN and Fox.

Furthermore, I&#39;ve been out of high school for quite some time now. Explain to me what a "hacky sack club" is, because they didn&#39;t exist then.

You wouldn&#39;t happen to have an authour of this "Where are the Jeffersons" essay? Although I&#39;ll doubt the veracity of it, because I tend to do that with people who can&#39;t spell or punctuate.

Sixty-two thousand four hundred repetitions make one truth.

:ninja: [/b][/quote]
Magic,

Picking on someone for their spelling?

From his sentence structure, he does not appear to be american or british.
English is definately a second language for him in any event.

Although that last post of his, did look like he had someone else typing it for him.

I looked up Hackysack on Google, since that is usually the prefered method for finding out what something is, (before you make an ass out of yourself by flaming someone over a word you don&#39;t know the meaning of), and it means, Footbag.
From the pages that the word was found, I&#39;m betting that its a Russian term.
Its on German pages too, but that would follow since East Germany was only recently released from Russian control.
I could dig deeper but its not really that big a deal.

Considering the reference to his big black boot, I think he was saying that the only thing the anti-war protesters deserved was a foot up their ass. :)

I could find no reference to an Essay called "Where are the Jeffersons" though.

Although the question, "where are the Jeffersons", was available on 6 pages if I did not specify essay.

Again, If I had more time, and if it was a big enough deal, I would look more.
It could maybe be found in a library card catalogue.

Possibly buried in a college internet archive.

Several resources that could be checked.

Hope this helps.

Peace

MagicNakor
04-10-2003, 11:27 AM
Spelling? No, but I think people should be able to spell correctly, especially if English is their first (and oftentimes only) language.

You&#39;d be suprised at how degraded sentence structure has become due to the internet. It&#39;s very possible that he only knows English.

I know what hacky-sack is, thank you. I, however, have never seen nor been to a "hacky sack club," or a hacky sack club meeting. As I said, they didn&#39;t exist when I was in school. It&#39;s not wise to assume.

And I haven&#39;t seen the essay about where the Jeffersons are, either. The question showed up on some newsletters, some guy&#39;s weblog, and some forums.

Edit: Interesting that was considered a flame, though. There wasn&#39;t much heat to it.

ne1GotZardoz
04-10-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@10 April 2003 - 06:27

Edit: Interesting that was considered a flame, though. There wasn&#39;t much heat to it.

I&#39;f you&#39;ll re-read my original reply, you&#39;ll notice I did not say you flamed him.

But you were picking on him. :)

Your quote:

You wouldn&#39;t happen to have an authour of this "Where are the Jeffersons" essay? Although I&#39;ll doubt the veracity of it, because I tend to do that with people who can&#39;t spell or punctuate.

Also, please note your misspelling of "Authour" in that quote. ;)

Its his sentence structure that points at having another language as his first language.

It looks like he&#39;s transliterating from his language to english in his mind keeping his native language&#39;s sentence structure.

It doesn&#39;t look like an italian or spanish structure exactly.
I do get that structure from co-workers who are from Russia and some middle eastern counties.

Coupled with the origin of Hackysack, it seems the most logical conclusion that Russian or some variation is his native tongue.

Of course, I also get a similar written sentence structure from teenagers with Attention Deficit Dissorder, but I don&#39;t expect them to be familiar enough with the term &#39;Hackysack&#39; to use it in that context.

Peace

MagicNakor
04-11-2003, 12:17 AM
Actually, you can spell authour with a "u." ;) It&#39;s just an archaic usage.

Hackysack is/was quite a fad in North America. I do remember being able to buy them for &#036;4.99 had I felt so inclined, a few years ago. The places that sell them seem to be less now, but every so often I&#39;ll come across a place.

soopaman
04-11-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by ne1GotZardoz+10 April 2003 - 23:01--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ne1GotZardoz @ 10 April 2003 - 23:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MagicNakor@10 April 2003 - 06:27

I&#39;f you&#39;ll re-read my original reply, you&#39;ll notice I did not say you flamed him.

But you were picking on him. :)

Your quote:

Also, please note your misspelling of "Authour" in that quote. ;)

Its his sentence structure that points at having another language as his first language.

It looks like he&#39;s transliterating from his language to english in his mind keeping his native language&#39;s sentence structure.

It doesn&#39;t look like an italian or spanish structure exactly.
I do get that structure from co-workers who are from Russia and some middle eastern counties.

Coupled with the origin of Hackysack, it seems the most logical conclusion that Russian or some variation is his native tongue.

Of course, I also get a similar written sentence structure from teenagers with Attention Deficit Dissorder, but I don&#39;t expect them to be familiar enough with the term &#39;Hackysack&#39; to use it in that context.

Peace [/b][/quote]

What the hell is "transliteration"?? Do you mean translation?? Are you one of those people that says "Iraqian"?? Are you George W Bush?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Also, if you really want to be pedantic it&#39;s "English" with a capital "E", "Italian" - capital "I" and "Spanish" - capital "S".

A.D.D - Do kids with that condition not know of the term "Hacky-Sack" because A.D.D was invented after "Hacky-Sacks"?? I seem to recall them being popular in the 1980&#39;s in the U.S. In my day a kid with A.D.D was someone that had drunk too much Kia-Ora&#33;&#33; :lol:

Take it easy

MagicNakor
04-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Nope, he means transliteration. ;)

It&#39;s the act or product of transliterating, or of expressing words of a language by means of the characters of another alphabet.

Or

Transcribing from one alphabet into another. Russian to English, for instance.

ne1GotZardoz
04-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@10 April 2003 - 19:17
Actually, you can spell authour with a "u." ;) It&#39;s just an archaic usage.

Hackysack is/was quite a fad in North America. I do remember being able to buy them for &#036;4.99 had I felt so inclined, a few years ago. The places that sell them seem to be less now, but every so often I&#39;ll come across a place.

Magick,

I did not know you were archaic. ;)

Thanks for the defining Transliterate for Soopaman.

He could have looked up the word on Google but that probably took too much effort.

He much prefered to make a fool of himself. :)

So hacky sack is a common North American term?

How did I miss that one in high schools?

My high schooling was in the 70&#39;s.
Was the term in common use then?

MagicNakor
04-12-2003, 12:22 AM
I don&#39;t know if the term was, might&#39;ve been called "footbag" at the time. I think it was. But the hacky-sack is basically just a beanbag that people kick around in the air. I&#39;ve never really been into that type of thing, so all I know is what I&#39;ve seen. ;)

ne1GotZardoz
04-12-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by soopaman@11 April 2003 - 02:43
Also, if you really want to be pedantic it&#39;s "English" with a capital "E", "Italian" - capital "I" and "Spanish" - capital "S".

You&#39;re right of course.

But as an American, I enjoy several hobbies including dodging low flying aircraft, avoiding tall buildings and masacring the english language. :rolleyes:

Peace

soopaman
04-12-2003, 08:19 AM
Sorry I didn&#39;t Google the word. What can I say besides I&#39;d just got in from work and couldn&#39;t be arsed&#33; Sorry. :(

Keep dodging the planes&#33;&#33;

So are we FOR the liberation of Hacky-Sack or AGAINST??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

MagicNakor
04-12-2003, 09:07 AM
I&#39;m all for the burning of hackysacks. ;)

ne1GotZardoz
04-12-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by soopaman@12 April 2003 - 03:19
Sorry I didn&#39;t Google the word. What can I say besides I&#39;d just got in from work and couldn&#39;t be arsed&#33; Sorry. :(

Keep dodging the planes&#33;&#33;

So are we FOR the liberation of Hacky-Sack or AGAINST??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now that I know what a hackysack is, I will have to abstain from any and all future deliberations on the matter.

I will say though, that hackysacks should have the same rights and responsibilities as every other creature on God&#39;s green earth.

With that in mind...Do you prefer yours pouched or hardboiled?

enorme
04-13-2003, 10:53 PM
DontTauntHappyFunBall
Those idiot soldier you claim are fighing for me,they are not,they are fighing for their lives in the name of oil,second they are being killed in the name of oilsuckers like Halliburton inc,Cheney who runned this company previously,and keeps getting a fat check for future contracts in the aftermath of this invasion,you claim Iraq&#39;s people is opressed &#33; why not liberate the cubans which live only efew miles away from florida, these soldiers are over there becouse they have no brains ,people with brains are the people that create jobs and live and succed in the stream of society,not as leeches of our taxes,and if you read the constitution, it clearly states soldiers are to defend in the event of an attack on our soil ,and Bush has brain washed our minds with bogus allegations,fabrications,all in the name of oil succkes,wait till we get our first oil tanker and ask yourself if you want gas with blood or without,and if you get with ,is going to be mixed with the blood of our soldier whos job is to defend the constitution not the interest of Halliburton ,cheney,or condolleza rize qho was with chevron for more then 9 years. :ph34r:

DontTauntHappyFunBall
04-15-2003, 05:09 AM
Ok..Dude I tried to say I was out of line. You slammed me back. I think thats what it is or should be about, nothing would ever change if everyone thought alike. We should beable to slam our leaders because they work for us, as much as that has been lost.

When I said you should read Where are the Jeffersons, I ment it its a great read. If you like George and Wezie

***********************************************************************************
Hold up though, its very weak to correct someone on typos grammer and spelling to make your point seem important. You can do better.

:o :o All of us we can do better&#33; :o :o

YOU CAN DO IT&#33;

Any developers reading this, excellent job with the new version btw...

kevalev
04-17-2003, 11:34 PM
I would like to point out that it is FRANCE that owns most of the oil refineries in Iraq. so to all of those who call this an oil war i would suggest a bit more research before you spread propoganda like that

kevalev
04-17-2003, 11:49 PM
I would also like to point out that i know many people from Iraq who were not royalty or buisness tycoons so they new what it was like to be a true citezin of iraq and they would probobly punch you in the mouth if they heard you say they wern&#39;t oppressed&#33;&#33;&#33;.

I&#39;ll admit bush is no saint and what is happening in Iraq is sad, war is never good, but niether is living in fear and poverty.