PDA

View Full Version : need splinter cell chaos theory xbox expert

99shassan
06-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Hey guys, just got the game, no manuals or anything. In the missions i have to hack some pcs and door panels, how do you do this in this game? i looked on gamefqs, but they dont say how

{I}{K}{E}
06-05-2005, 09:07 PM
try gamefaqs.com

asmithz
06-05-2005, 09:22 PM
try gamefaqs.com

IKE read the post lol

Dont you just go up to them and press A

{I}{K}{E}
06-05-2005, 09:34 PM
try gamefaqs.com

IKE read the post lol

Dont you just go up to them and press A

:blushing: Didnt read that part of his post.

99shassan
06-05-2005, 10:03 PM
is it? i'm talkin about hackin it, i tried it before and it gave an alert

ofbz
06-05-2005, 11:06 PM
from a guide (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/chaos_theory.txt) on gamefaqs:

THE HACKING MINI-GAME

HACKING ON-SCREEN HUD:
On the left of the screen is a list of IP addresses (999:99:99:99 for
example). One of these numbers is the correct number.

On the lower right of the screen is the Hacking device that reveals the
code. When the number glows green for a second, THAT is the part of the
Keycode value. On the far right of the device is a PADLOCK icon. This
signifies the number of times you can lock the first set of numbers.

THE HACK VALUE:
999:99:99:99 is the example I will use. 999 (the first three numbers)
is the number that needs to be locked by pressing the X Button when the
value glows green. The other three will randomly glow the real value.

HOW TO HACK:
--When you start the mini-game, wait for the first three numbers to
glow. When it glows, PRESS THE X BUTTON IMMEDIATELY! This will lock the
value of the code and decrease the amount of IP Addresses in the list
to the left of the screen (which is a good thing). You can do this for
all four number sets.
But watch out! There is a timer bar on the device that decreases!

--Once the three numbers are locked, you have to watch the other three
values to glow up. Match the numbers with the IP Address on the left to
lock the value and successfully Hack your Computer, Retinal Scanner,
etc.

You can cancel the mini-game by pressing the B Button but this will
change the Hack value when you access it again. If you don't hack the
item before the timer goes red...

cpt_azad
06-06-2005, 12:30 AM
when the numbers flash green select em (u have to be fast about it) and press "X", this will lock that number in place, you keep doing this till either you know for sure which one (on the left) it is, or if pressing x (locking them) narrows it down for you. most ppl just press "A" at random times, that's the idiot way, just lock them in place as each number flashes and press "X", then select the one you KNOW is right by pressing "A".

silent h3ro
06-06-2005, 12:53 AM
when the numbers flash green select em (u have to be fast about it) and press "X", this will lock that number in place, you keep doing this till either you know for sure which one (on the left) it is, or if pressing x (locking them) narrows it down for you. most ppl just press "A" at random times, that's the idiot way, just lock them in place as each number flashes and press "X", then select the one you KNOW is right by pressing "A".Yep, once u get that method down, its really easy.

cpt_azad
06-06-2005, 06:24 AM
and if you dont like the explanation in writing, just watch the movie. it's in the main menu (atleast for xbox, not sure about PS2 and PC but it must be there). go to movies and then "hacking" it'll explain all, make sure you watch the whole thing, not just the beginning, i didnt figure out u can lock more than one number till the last level of the game cuz i didnt watch the entire movie >_<

99shassan
06-06-2005, 11:39 AM
thanks. the reason i didn't find anything is i was looking on the mainfaqs and looking for the word "hack", it either told me to hack a pc (no exlplanation) or it didn't give any info

thanks for the help guys

i'll check it out later when i have mroe time

99shassan
06-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Hi, got the hang of most of it, but how do you scroll down on the list of codes on the left?

Also, I was hacking a computer in the bank, but the glass doors that i can exit out of and enter the reception is closed,, I cant open the main doors because the cameras will make a warning (camera in ront of you, when you open the door, the camera there, and 3 guards. How do you open the glass doors?

JordoR
06-09-2005, 02:38 AM
To scroll down the list of ips i think u just press up or down... works for ps2 anyway not to sure about xbox but im guessing it would be.

FinalTheorem
06-10-2005, 01:28 AM
Yeah, it's the same in the Xbox too.

99%
06-10-2005, 01:44 AM
The title of this thread is worth a lecture and complete analayses by some very serious academic minds
"need splinter cell chaos theory xbox expert"
maybe universities should open a new department.

FinalTheorem
06-11-2005, 04:02 PM
The title of this thread is worth a lecture and complete analayses by some very serious academic minds
"need splinter cell chaos theory xbox expert"
maybe universities should open a new department.

Maybe English isn't his first language.

99shassan
06-13-2005, 05:20 PM
I thought it was something that you have to learn. I didn't try it much before hand. I didn't even know what buttons to push. I though a "splinter cell expert" would help me because they would play it often and still remember the buttons they had to push for each command.