PDA

View Full Version : alt.binaries.movies.shadowrealm

colonblow87
06-06-2005, 02:02 AM
What happened to all the great movies this group used to post? I noticed the posts pretty much stopped about the same time that elite torrents went down. Is there some correlation here?

3RA1N1AC
06-06-2005, 08:27 AM
*shrug* newsgroups ebb and flow. smaller ones like shadowrealm are often used for crossposting things that are also sent to the larger groups, so maybe some people have just decided to cut back on the crossposts and stick to the big groups like a.b.dvdr.

{I}{K}{E}
06-06-2005, 09:51 AM
What happened to all the great movies this group used to post?

'alt.binaries.movies.shadowrealm' isnt a 'group' that upload stuff :lol:

colonblow87
06-06-2005, 11:29 PM
I guess I didn't state the question well. I realize that anyone that subscribes to shadowrealm can post. I just thought that it was more than coincidence that the posts dropped off after Elite Torrents went down. I am anything but knowlegeable about this whole newsgroup thing. I'm learning, thats why I lurk more than post to the forum.

3RA1N1AC
06-07-2005, 01:22 AM
if you're wondering whether bittorrent is the source of newsgroup files... i'd say "nah, usually not." they're both typically supplied with files from IRC channels, i think.

{I}{K}{E}
06-07-2005, 10:07 AM
I guess I didn't state the question well. I realize that anyone that subscribes to shadowrealm can post. I just thought that it was more than coincidence that the posts dropped off after Elite Torrents went down. I am anything but knowlegeable about this whole newsgroup thing. I'm learning, thats why I lurk more than post to the forum.

you dont need to be a member of anything to be able to post in 'alt.binaries.movies.shadowrealm'