PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been in a car accident?

tesco
06-06-2005, 12:20 PM
I mean like a major accident. like smashup of the car, police have to come type accident.
No silly bumps at the back.

Busyman
06-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Yup.

My Toyota Camry was crunched up to my knees by a head-on with a Ford Expedition.

....and I was on my way out-of-town to a weekend training class at about 9pm on a Friday night.

Hotel and food was paid for. :( I was going to get pissy drunk and have some fun and that dumb motherfucker fucked it all up. :frusty: :angry:

Everose
06-07-2005, 03:54 AM
Yes. I was stopped at an intersection, waiting for a tanker to clear before I could cross. They told me later the guy that rear ended me in excess of 60 MPH was turned around tending to a puppy in his back seat. The puppy and the guy were both not hurt, and my injuries were a lot less than they would have been had I not had my seat belt on. (I NEVER wore a seat belt, but for some reason put it on that day.)

The other time I was a passenger in a vehicle that was totalled by hitting cows on the highway after dark. (sorry to say, 10 dead cows on the highway and 3 totalled cars and one semi with all the brakelines torn out from underneath it) Minor injuries to all humans involved, but the most serious was to my husband. You see, he had a cup of hot coffee in a thermos cup which he was holding between his thighs as he drove. Well, when he saw there was no way to avoid hitting the cows, he squeezed his thighs together to hold the cup still (so as not to burn the family jewels) and this had the effect of slamming his knee into the steering wheel column on impact. He did eventually have to have surgery on this knee. Now that things are fine with his knee, I still have to chuckle when I think of the deep bruises he had on the inside of his thighs trying to keep that coffee cup steady. :lol:

micolithe
06-07-2005, 04:26 AM
My side mirror (which doesn't bend like the newer cars. And by newer cars, I mean 10 years or younger) broke off on sunday at the bank. I hit one of those cement poles by the drive through ATM at the bank.

iamtheoneandonlyone
06-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Got hit from the side once by the rear seat door and once from thes side that hit our tires. Good thing I wasn't sitting on the back seat or I could've gotten some real injuries there.

Mr. Mulder
06-07-2005, 07:07 PM
been in a couple of bus crashes :ermm:

maebach
06-08-2005, 08:09 PM
my dad got hit when he was driving to blokbuster. $15, 000+ in damages. my dad was going to buy a new jetta but he kept it and it took friggin 3-4months for parts to be imported from germany

Rick Phlegm
07-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Yup.

I ran over a pedestrian in Princes Street. :01:

Master$hake
07-13-2005, 11:21 PM
I was in the truck when one of my friends decided it would be a good idea to try and jump a big puddle at a rock quary. Upon landing we had to crawl out and stand on the roof because we were sinking.

One of our friends got a toe rope to us and was able to atach it to the bumper "difficult to do when its under water" and pull us out. The engine was hydrolocked because he floored it as soon as we hit the water.

Not really an accident but hey it didn't go as planned.

Barbarossa
07-14-2005, 11:43 AM
I hit a deer on the way to work this morning :(

manker
07-14-2005, 11:55 AM
I hit a deer on the way to work this morning :(:(

Was it okay?

People hit sheep all the time around here, stupid animals always escaping from fields to tarmac roads. The cars get pretty badly damaged, what was yours like?

Barbarossa
07-14-2005, 12:05 PM
I hit a deer on the way to work this morning :(:(

Was it okay?

People hit sheep all the time around here, stupid animals always escaping from fields to tarmac roads. The cars get pretty badly damaged, what was yours like?

This one jumped out of the hedge right in front of me :(

Car not too bad.. cracked bumper, headlight pushed in a bit, nothing that can't be fixed.

Deer was in a pretty bad way, a real bad way.. legs flailed around for a bit, then it was still and I thought it was dead, but then after about 5 minutes it just sat up in the road but not trying to move :(

Had no reception on my phone so had to continue to work (about 2 miles), and then called Police (Who then contact the RSPCA to send someone to go and deal with it)

Feel a bit sick about it all actually :sick:

manker
07-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Feel a bit sick about it all actually :sick: I bet, sounds nasty.

Never hit anything with my car, so no empathy, but I bet it will stay with you for a fair while :(

bigboab
07-14-2005, 09:18 PM
I have been in a few car 'bumps' couple of serioos accidents. One bad injury(Me). Land Rover overturned up on the Scarborough Moors. Ended up in hospital with a badly dislocated elbow. Like the elbow(Humerus) bone relocated to approximatley the wrist area. Worse than a bone break.:(

JPaul
07-14-2005, 10:40 PM
No, but then I concentrate when I'm driving.

Guillaume
07-14-2005, 11:19 PM
No.

/knocks on wood.

S!X
07-15-2005, 03:03 AM
My side mirror (which doesn't bend like the newer cars. And by newer cars, I mean 10 years or younger) broke off on sunday at the bank. I hit one of those cement poles by the drive through ATM at the bank.

LOL you must suck at driving :ph34r: :rolleyes:

micolithe
07-15-2005, 04:48 AM
It's cool we superglued it back on and somehow it's stronger than ever.

Nigi
07-16-2005, 04:28 PM
I crashed into a car with my scooter :D

lee551
07-16-2005, 08:47 PM
slaughtered 2 deer ( fuckers piss me off....:angry: ) with 2 different cars. first time i decapitated it with my headlight doing ~70mph. second time, i hit it dead-center at ~30mph and it went up and over the front of my car off to the side where it landed in the ditch with broken legs i'd assume. i yelled at it for being stupid and then examined my car, not a single scratch, just poo on the hood. :lol:

went flying into a ditch during winter one time also. :angry:

Everose
07-18-2005, 10:38 PM
We had another wreck last Thursday. First day of vacation. Rear ended by a guy who was driving in stocking feet and who actually hit the car two cars behind us first. Neck sprains (flexeril :w00t: )and about three thousand dollars worth of damage to our vehicle.

Dammit it has been a rough couple of years here. :unsure:

sArA
07-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Sorry to hear of your accident Everose, hope you are ok. :cry:

Nice to see you anyway :)

Everose
07-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Thanks Sara. We are fine, and this, too, will pass. :D

clocker
07-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Did this cure your attraction to Sonics?

Glad to hear you're OK, BTW.

vidcc
07-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Firstly... glad you are ok...that is the only thing that matters :)

Rear ended by a guy who was driving in stocking feet

Secondly this is another reason I don't like transvestites :pinch:

Afronaut
07-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Let see, once got offroad (was in backseat) and ended up with an Ambulance drive to
local hospital, no serious injuries to me.

Hit deer in norway few years back in winternight, there was a hassle to track the deer later. Hunters found it next morning and did their job.
My car was fairly wrecked but no damage to me...

So, just mental and $$$$$$ damage here.

I should knock the wood but since JP is fappin allready...
:P

Everose
07-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Clocker: No, I still love their ice! (Feels good on the outside of the neck, too! :P And thanks. ;)

Vidcc: Thank you Vid! I did not see 'sock-boy'. :lol: Did see his nice big pick up and learned of his 'no license and expired insurance card' later, though. :frusty:

J2: :lol: I like that quote! As far as the big guy? Here is my memory of the hospital: I am laying on the back board, back muscles in spasms, blood pressure cuff still on my arm for fifteen minutes and not even checked and the nurse is involved in an excited conversation with him telling him in detail exactly where the best places to fish around there were. :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Everose
07-20-2005, 11:33 PM
As far as the big guy? Here is my memory of the hospital: I am laying on the back board, back muscles in spasms, blood pressure cuff still on my arm for fifteen minutes and not even checked and the nurse is involved in an excited conversation with him telling him in detail exactly where the best places to fish around there were. :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Charming devil that he is, huh? :D

Yep! :D ... ... Always chasing those women that will bait their own hooks! :lol:

bigboab
07-21-2005, 07:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your accident Rose. Glad that you are reasonably OK. This is what happens when you have all thes men chasing you.:rolleyes:

P.S. I find this happens in the hospital all the time. You are lying there thinking you are going to die and you have two nurses discussin the latest hairdo. Thats just the male nurses.:)

Everose
07-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident Rose. Glad that you are reasonably OK. This is what happens when you have all thes men chasing you.:rolleyes:

P.S. I find this happens in the hospital all the time. You are lying there thinking you are going to die and you have two nurses discussin the latest hairdo. Thats just the male nurses.:)

Thanks bigboab. But you have it wrong. Men don't chase me. (the poor 'charmer' who caught me did put up quite a chase, but may now regret his catch!! :D ) This poor man must have realized it was me in the car, slammed on his brakes, forgetting he had only socks on, hurt his foot, and therefore it slipped off the brake. :lol:

Your PS: :lol: It is either that or you are laying there, listening to them think you are going to die and you are sneaking around them down the hall and to the cafeteria for a cup of coffee and a little exercise. :D

missie
07-22-2005, 01:37 AM
My automatic Ford Orion 1.6 Ghia, crushed to bits because some eejit was doing 50 mph over the limit. :cry:

Everose
07-24-2005, 04:59 AM
Oh no! Were you in it??

Peerzy
07-24-2005, 11:10 AM
Oh no! Were you in it??

The eejit or the car :unsure: or both, at the same time :ph34r:

I've had a few minor things, i crashed through a fence once, didn't wait arround to see if anyone noticed :01:

missie
07-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Oh no! Were you in it??

Yeah, me and 2 pals.
They took us to the local hosp, and had to sellotape my head to the stretcher.
I wasn't much pleased about that either. :fist:

Everose
07-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Was the sellotape to keep your head straight in case of neck injury?

That is a small car to be in hit and hit at 50 mph. I am glad you had a head left to be sellotaped!

missie
07-25-2005, 12:43 AM
It was about 80mph, he was 50 over the limit.
But yeah, but it was worth it. Got about £6,000. :D

I've also crashed 3 chasi lorry cabs in one go, dented a Peugot 406 and a boxer van, and slid on black ice into a couple of bushes. Nowt serious though.

99shassan
07-25-2005, 01:27 AM
I have

I was at teh back seat of the car, and my bro said to put on the seatbelts. i did but after about 10 minutes i asked who the fuck wears seatbelts at the back and unbuckled myself? about 5 minutes after, a car smashed into the side of ours :D

Everose
07-26-2005, 02:08 AM
It was about 80mph, he was 50 over the limit.
But yeah, but it was worth it. Got about £6,000. :D

I've also crashed 3 chasi lorry cabs in one go, dented a Peugot 406 and a boxer van, and slid on black ice into a couple of bushes. Nowt serious though.

Well, missie, I don't know if I've helped you here, but you have helped me. I feel incredibly better now. :D

Was beginning to feel like I live in a perpetual 'demolition derby'. Not that I would wish that feeling on anyone else, but it is kind of comforting knowing that someone else is out there 'living on the edge', too! :lol:

tesco
09-28-2005, 12:13 AM
Bah, was in an accident today. :frusty:
I wasn't the one driving tho atleast. :unsure:

twisterX
10-01-2005, 03:59 AM
not even a bump