PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions For FST

MCHeshPants420
06-07-2005, 09:40 AM
I reckon we should nominate Bawa, in fact he was the person I thought of first when I read this thread. He's always posting helpful news tidbits and seems to have his finger on the pulse of the file-sharing world and that of the forum itself. There has been many a time that Bawa has helped me with a hardware question or helped me find a file I needed and I'm sure this is the case for others.

I can't think of anyone more deserving of this honorary title.

manker
06-07-2005, 09:42 AM
I reckon we should nominate Bawa, in fact he was the person I thought of first when I read this thread. He's always posting helpful news tidbits and seems to have his finger on the pulse of the file-sharing world and that of the forum itself. There has been many a time that Bawa has helped me with a hardware question or helped me find a file I needed and I'm sure this is the case for others.

I can't think of anyone more deserving of this honorary title.After reading Chebus' commendation, I would simply add that not only is Bawa useful in a technical capacity but that his posts in the off-topic area provide an abundant source of good natured, and sometimes irreverent, humour that makes FST a great place to visit.

If there is anyone more deserving of having fancy orange stars bestowed upon them, I've yet to meet him or her.

99%
06-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Hippychick & Baccyman = ForumContributers?
not for their front page stuff obviously

manker
06-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Personally I don't feel comfortable unless I've read the front page news before pissing off directly to the lounge.

Wrt Bawa, glad he's getting some recognition at last. I definitely would have suggested off my own back if Chebus hadn't forged ahead.

BawA
06-07-2005, 12:24 PM
After reading Chebus' commendation, I would simply add that not only is Bawa useful in a technical capacity but that his posts in the off-topic area provide an abundant source of good natured, and sometimes irreverent, humour that makes FST a great place to visit.

If there is anyone more deserving of having fancy orange stars bestowed upon them, I've yet to meet him or her.

Manker I never Acted that my capacity in Hardware Issues r high, i just help how much my knowlage takes me to.
ive always tried to be and had been polit to members unless some people(u know whom) push me to what ur reffering to. i cant just let it go if someone talks crap about me, u may know better then anyone that the member So called "PB" jumped on me and he was the one going "OFF-TOPIC" always.
Back in Old days before u even join(if am not mistaken) i was much more active in posting news. ive posted/still posting many Helpfull Verifieds(Search it), been more helpfull in Software World, and taking the time not so past most of news on FST Front page was by me before the Front Page was Stoped. These days my Job doesnt let me to be as active as before and i got behind in tech World still i try my hard and i visit the site Daily but cant read all threads.
i donated my Group and my own Site to KLBOARD. never Let Down FST in other File sharing Forums(always defended it) unlike some people who talk behinde our back and talk of leaving the board. unlike many Members i never Abused MODs and specialy our admins even tho i got Moderated by one of our Mods, ive always backed thier desicions. ive always respected the Frenchise members and dreamed to become one.
ohh and manker am sorry for my poor English but thats how much i know, ive always tried to improve it, and agian am sorry for ithttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon4.gif
"MCHeshPants420" thanks for ur comments, it felt like i finaly got an appreation on all my work ive done in this Forum.

please to avoide going off topic dont reply to this post.

Snee
06-07-2005, 01:32 PM
I agree, bawa is a prime candidate for contributorhood, modest, well-thought out posts like the one above should be just what contribution is all about.

In fact, I sense that bawa is much like RealitY himself in many ways.

They both come up with new improvements to the general atmosphere of this forum, improvements we can all appreciate, in our own way.

DanB
06-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Bawa, I am thinking manker was being serious :pinch:

brenda
06-07-2005, 02:29 PM
front page News? NZB? Jesus I go AWOL for maybe 6 months or something and nothing makes sense anymore.... It used to be so easy, I'd come on-line make a fool of myself, learn some stuff and spend days on end in the lounge. Now your telling me that their is some sort of evil evaluation hierarchy system whereby unless I return with news-a-plenty and wisdom for all I will not be regarded as a valuble member of virtual society?!?

damn

RealitY
06-07-2005, 03:16 PM
front page News? NZB? Jesus I go AWOL for maybe 6 months or something and nothing makes sense anymore.... It used to be so easy, I'd come on-line make a fool of myself, learn some stuff and spend days on end in the lounge. Now your telling me that their is some sort of evil evaluation hierarchy system whereby unless I return with news-a-plenty and wisdom for all I will not be regarded as a valuble member of virtual society?!?

damn
Im quite impressed that youve somehow taken this completely the wrong way...

certain members will be changed to as this shows our appreciation
to those who are a big part of making FileSharingTalk what it is!!!!
Maybe you should also be offened your not a Forum Star or Moderator ar an Admin in that case.

MCHeshPants420
06-07-2005, 03:24 PM

I think Brenda makes a very valid point. You're basically alienating the majority of your membership to award brownie points to a few. We can't all be as good as Bawa. :(

Illuminati
06-07-2005, 03:32 PM
I think Brenda makes a very valid point. You're basically alienating the majority of your membership to award brownie points to a few. We can't all be as good as Bawa. :(

AFAIK they aren't trying to "reward" ability but effort.

For example, I'm not a good news reporter - I literally search several P2P sites (Slyck, Zeropaid...) & google and post whatever P2P news looks interesting to read or important to pass on. Anyone can do exactly the same job I've been doing (which is why I'm a little against the Contributor system), but I spend anything from 20 minutes to an hour getting the news.

TBH, looking at the benefits there's not much more for Contributors than regular members - A moderation-bypass for news and a slightly larger PM box (the rest are just cosmetic). Ain't like contributors could suddenly get mod powers :lol: (Although if they could, I might convince one to sticky a load of spams saying, "The Revolution will be Televised" :devil: )

Besides, can't the same argument be applied for the different level of stars? :shifty:

Snee
06-07-2005, 03:37 PM
I don't care what people say, RealitY is not a 'tard at all :angry:

I for one relish the idea of having an upper-class of sorts with lots of privilieges on the forum. I mean, those news on the front page for instance, I bet at least ten people read them and get something out of them every month, and I bet at least half of those ten people didn't just read them 'cos they posted the news.

That's gotta' be rewarded.

The critics are just being small-minded 'cos they are envious, I reckon.

MCHeshPants420
06-07-2005, 03:39 PM

AFAIK they aren't trying to "reward" ability but effort.

For example, I'm not a good news reporter - I literally search several P2P sites (Slyck, Zeropaid...) & google and post whatever P2P news looks interesting to read or important to pass on. Anyone can do exactly the same job I've been doing (which is why I'm a little against the Contributor system), but I spend anything from 20 minutes to an hour getting the news.

TBH, looking at the benefits there's not much more for Contributors than regular members - A moderation-bypass for news and a slightly larger PM box (the rest are just cosmetic). Ain't like contributors could suddenly get mod powers :lol: (Although if they could, I might convince one to sticky a load of spams saying, "The Revolution will be Televised" :devil: )

Besides, can't the same argument be applied for the different level of stars? :shifty:

Didn't a former admin ask us if we wanted a similar sort of system a long ways back? I remember it was soundly rejected by the members.

If they do have to have this system I hope they recognize Bawa's contributions to the board else the whole thing will be a mockery.

Snee
06-07-2005, 03:41 PM
If they do have to have this system I hope they recognize Bawa's contributions to the board else the whole thing will be a mockery.
I agree, they should make bawa one right now. Fair should be fair.

RealitY
06-07-2005, 03:43 PM

Thats a BIT of a strechhhhhhhh and rather childidh if so dont you think...

Those that are of great assistant to others.
Those that post front page News regularly.
Those that post Verifieds regularly.
Those that post NZB regularly.
Not like any of thats is much of big deal as Illuminati has more than made that point. As for News I think if someone has a handle on it as Illuminati does now I dont think what he posts there should or needs to be modreated and makes the forum a better if the News is posted direcly rather than stalled although of course we cant just open that section to all as we would have some rather strange News on the front page as some just accidently post in the wrong section...

Most of whats in here will deleted shortly.

Illuminati
06-07-2005, 03:43 PM

Agreed.

DanB
06-07-2005, 03:44 PM

Agreed.

I think that is something we can all agree on

MCHeshPants420
06-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Most of whats in here will deleted shortly.

Yeah, can you stop deleting stuff please. We already had to ask for one of your other threads to be returned. Most of what has been said in here has been valid points. Can't you take a little criticism of your, imo, rather silly childish idea?

Stop being lazy, if you really want to clear any perceived clutter then split the topic. You do know how to do that don't you?

MCHeshPants420
06-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Thats a BIT of a strechhhhhhhh and rather childidh if so dont you think...

Those that are of great assistant to others.
Not like any of thats is much of big deal as Illuminati has more than made that point. As for News I think if someone has a handle on it as Illuminati does now I dont think what he posts there should or needs to be modreated and makes the forum a better if the News is posted direcly rather than stalled although of course we cant just open that section to all as we would have some rather strange News on the front page as some just accidently post in the wrong section...

Apart from repeating your list I have no idea what you just attempted to say. :blink:

DanB
06-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Shouldn't it be 'of great assistance' anyway? :unsure:

Illuminati
06-07-2005, 04:06 PM
As for News I think if someone has a handle on it as Illuminati does now I dont think what he posts there should or needs to be modreated and makes the forum a better if the News is posted direcly rather than stalled

Unfortunately Reality, I have to disagree. :no:

I have no problem with news being moderated beforehand - It does provide submitted articles to be given a second opinion on being worth posting, and also gives a proof-read. I count at least half a dozen errors being corrected by mods (mostly you & Ross ;)).

But to be honest, a few things need to be done to the news system before it can be classed as something that many members can do:
Few things with streamlining delivery of news (I already asked Ross about some [source] tags, but there's other things)
Since when has there been an absolute limit on the size of images (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t96788.html)? :dry: I knew not to post large images, but where has it been mentioned of an absolute 200x200 limit? I'd happily edit photos to help that, but not if it's a rule that's been made on the spot (95% of all news photos so far break that already).

The news system is nowhere near perfect for FST, but it's a start and I'm willing to help out with filling it at the moment. But it does need more work before members can be given the right to say, "Put whatever news you want". :shutup:

Illuminati
06-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Apart from repeating your list I have no idea what you just attempted to say. :blink:

Thats a BIT of a stretchhhhhhhh and rather childish if so, dont you think...

Not like any of that is much of a big deal, as Illuminati has more than made that point.

As for News - I think if someone has a handle on it as Illuminati does now, I dont think what he posts there should (or needs) to be moderated. And it makes the forum a little better if the News is posted direcly rather than stalled. Although of course, we cant just open that section to all as we would have some rather strange news on the front page, as some just accidently post in the wrong section...

That any better? :)

{I}{K}{E}
06-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Since when has there been an absolute limit on the size of images (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t96788.html)? :dry: I knew not to post large images, but where has it been mentioned of an absolute 200x200 limit? I'd happily edit photos to help that, but not if it's a rule that's been made on the spot (95% of all news photos so far break that already).[/list]

`
I'm srry but there was 1 pic that was like 150x800, if you checked the frontpage you'd see that your pictures screwed up the page. (even pictures that are +150x150)

MCHeshPants420
06-07-2005, 04:14 PM
What would be a good idea would be to have some actually write reviews* or articles for each section, give that person or persons special "privileges" which can be revoked if they fail to deliver any written material. Say once a week they have to produce something.

In a forum that caters to so many different tastes there is always something to write about be it movies, games, software or the state of P2P. Sadly I don't think there are enough members on this board for an idea like this to work but to me that would be truly contributing something.

*I realise the review section failed but you went completely the wrong way about it. You put the cart in front of the horse, you need reviewers first before you can have a review section.

Illuminati
06-07-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm srry but there was 1 pic that was like 150x800, if you checked the frontpage you'd see that your pictures screwed up the page.

I do check the frontpage after I submit all news to prevent that reason, but a stretch of 800 I do have doubts over :dry:

I'll check the image - Which article was the image posted with? Because unless it was a genuine mistake on my part I doubt it went that wide (especially since the news box is only a little over 550 pixels to begin with :rolleyes: )

EDIT: Just checked the dimensions of the original photos.
Niklas Zennstrom (http://image.pathfinder.com/time/europe/html/040719/gdi/images/448_zennstrom.jpg) - 448x518
Apple (http://matty.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/apple.jpg) - 500 square
Mercora (http://www.mercora.com/shareaza/mercora02.jpg) - 340x190

A little too large for the space (my apologies for them), but definitely nowhere near 800 ;)

RealitY
06-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Stop being lazy, if you really want to clear any perceived clutter then split the topic. You do know how to do that don't you?
I have no clue why your so bent on insults and instigating although it appears to be fun up to a point I guess.
Anyway split as requeseted...

DanB
06-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Why are you so bent on deleting people's posts? I suppose its fun up to a point ...

MCHeshPants420
06-07-2005, 04:29 PM
I have no clue why your so bent on insults and instigating although it appears to be fun up to a point I guess.
Anyway split as requeseted...

I'm just being blunt because this deleting of stuff annoys me. Good call, thanks. :D

RealitY
06-07-2005, 04:35 PM
As for News I think if someone has a handle on it as Illuminati does now I dont think what he posts there should or needs to be modreated and makes the forum a better if the News is posted direcly rather than stalled

I have no problem with news being moderated beforehand - It does provide submitted articles to be given a second opinion on being worth posting, and also gives a proof-read. I count at least half a dozen errors being corrected by mods (mostly you & Ross ;)).

But to be honest, a few things need to be done to the news system before it can be classed as something that many members can do:
We arent thinking or have the intention of letting anyone post in the section without those that have it handled per say. I have already pointed out anything you may not known in pms and I havent had to touch anything youve done in the last several posts that Ive come across in moderation of yours so it is a waste of time as News is just that and should be presented as quickly as possible I think. The fact is even if someones post are lifted from the need for moderation we will still check it anyway just in case...

@DanB Its not fun at all and actually its quite annoying and I dont really care for it.
I guess maybe this was missed then

If anyone has any additional thoughts on what else would define a Forum Contributor or what other features those that are could have you can post them here for now although keep in mind that once this is finalized post may be deleted to clean this up so its been mentioned in advance. This should stay serious as anything off topic within this post will be deleted without any notice or warning.

DanB
06-07-2005, 04:40 PM
It just seemed you were having a hissy fit and wanted to delete all the posts that disagreed :lol:

MCHeshPants420
06-07-2005, 04:40 PM

We arent thinking or have the intention of letting anyone post in the section without those that have it handled per say. I have already pointed out anything you may not known in pms and I havent had to touch anything youve done in the last several posts that Ive come across in moderation of yours so it is a waste of time as News is just that and should be presented as quickly as possible I think. The fact is even if someones post are lifted from the need for moderation we will still check it anyway just in case...

Why don't you just put Illuminati in charge of the News section anyhow? Ie take off the moderation thing. He seems to be doing a good job by all accounts. Give him his own user group like Gepperankins has for FST Radio.

No need to call it "Forum Contributor" (which sucks and implies others don't contribute) but call him FST News Guy or something.

DanB
06-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Has GepperRankins ever done a show?

RealitY
06-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Why don't you just put Illuminati in charge of the News section anyhow? Ie take off the moderation thing. He seems to be doing a good job by all accounts. Give him his own user group like Gepperankins has for FST Radio.

No need to call it "Forum Contributor" (which sucks and implies others don't contribute) but call him FST News Guy or something.
I think thats kinda the whole thought here. Good to see your catching on. Point is if more than just one member are up to it then that would be even better thus the need for a group makes much more sence. As for the name maybe you have a better one as Im open to suggestions I guess although I dont think it actually suggest that others dont contribute as thats a bit defensive or even foolish way of thinking perhaps...

@DanB Well I guess you didnt think any of that was off topic which I politely asked to be avoided up front.

Illuminati
06-07-2005, 04:51 PM

I think thats kinda the whole thought here. Good to see your catching on.

Well that's just hit me across the face like a wet trout :blink:

MCHeshPants420
06-07-2005, 04:51 PM

I think thats kinda the whole thought here. Good to see your catching on. Pointis if more than jus him are up to it then that would be even better thus the need for a group makes much more sence...

My point was that if you want to have people as "contributors" then give them an actual task and have their usergroup name represent that.

Ie if Illumanati is in charge of submitting news then he'd be "FST New Guy"

Gepperankins is "FST Radio Guy" as he does the radio.

Other titles can be given if they are actually needed. I can't think of any myself though, is there actually anything else?

Having a blanket group doesn't really define what these people are contributing and in fact is insulting to the rest of the membership. I think fewer people will have problems with people being given "jobs" and titles to match these "jobs".

MCHeshPants420
06-07-2005, 04:54 PM
I think thats kinda the whole thought here. Good to see your catching on.

Well that's just hit me across the face like a wet trout :blink:

Was I right in thinking that Reality was being condescending to moi?

{I}{K}{E}
06-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Has GepperRankins ever done a show?

no.

Illuminati
06-07-2005, 04:59 PM

Not exactly - A little but I'm not getting into that argument :P

I meant the News Guy thing, being in charge of the news thing. Guess it makes sense, seeing as I've been PMing Ross about ideas for improving the news system anyway. However, being suggested to be the guy who manages the news stuff is a little surprising, considering I only started with the news a short while ago. :blink:

If it's absolutely necessary to make me it, get it agreed upon via public poll. The last time I was an "official" something here, I was in Gepper's job and ended up becoming arguably the most hated guy here :no: Don't want to end up making the same mistakes again.

DanB
06-07-2005, 05:01 PM
@DanB Well I guess you didnt think any of that was off topic which I politely asked to be avoided up front.

Not really, disagreeing doesn't equal off topic.

Admittedly I think I made an off topic post regarding an elite 13k club :pinch:

Anyway disagreeing seems to have done us some good because it seems we have maybe honed the idea a little now :01:

@ IKE, oh right :shutup:

MCHeshPants420
06-07-2005, 05:03 PM

Not exactly - A little but I'm not getting into that argument :P

I meant the News Guy thing, being in charge of the news thing. Guess it makes sense, seeing as I've been PMing Ross about ideas for improving the news system anyway. However, being suggested to be the guy who manages the news stuff is a little surprising, considering I only started with the news a short while ago. :blink:

If it's absolutely necessary to make me it, get it agreed upon via public poll. The last time I was an "official" something here, I was in Gepper's job and ended up becoming arguably the most hated guy here :no: Don't want to end up making the same mistakes again.

You know you want to really. If the mods think you're doing a good job, which they seem to then they should let you carry ot on with a few less restrictions (ie the moderation thing).

And as you have ideas for further improvements you seem the best man for the job. Got my vote, even above the awesomeness of Bawa. ;)

Illumanati = FST News Guy.*

*But let us think of a better title. :lol:

RealitY
06-07-2005, 05:11 PM
My point was that if you want to have people as "contributors" then give them an actual task and have their usergroup name represent that.

Other titles can be given if they are actually needed. I can't think of any myself though, is there actually anything else?

Having a blanket group doesn't really define what these people are contributing and in fact is insulting to the rest of the membership. I think fewer people will have problems with people being given "jobs" and titles to match these "jobs".
Well we had wanted it to be more generalized and had chosen things like Verifieds and NZB in addition to News also because these are areas that are drawing Google hits and new traffic into the site which translates to new members which is what we have been trying for with whatever changes that are made lately.

The Verifieds and NZB may not be used by some alto but were put up front and additional had a No Content hack applied primarily to draw Google hits which in turn means more traffic and members for you to have all your glory with. Its no secret this place was on a slide not that long ago.

This is why a general name was chosen which was hardly even my thought as its been done on many other forums for that matter. I just cant imagine why you find it so offensive though. If this was just about News then I agree we could call it FST News Guys or something but it was intended to be more than that which is maybe what your missing.

Of course again if you choose to criticize the name based on some concern that it has some sort of insulting overtones than please take into account what the actual thought behind this is and suggest a better name for it if you want...

DanB
06-07-2005, 05:16 PM
How about an FST NZB Guy and a FST Verifieds Guy then? :unsure:

RealitY
06-07-2005, 05:17 PM
How about an FST NZB Guy and a FST Verifieds Guy then? :unsure:
No...

:P :P

Illuminati
06-07-2005, 05:17 PM
You know you want to really. If the mods think you're doing a good job, which they seem to then they should let you carry ot on with a few less restrictions (ie the moderation thing).

And as you have ideas for further improvements you seem the best man for the job. Got my vote, even above the awesomeness of Bawa. ;)

Illuminati = FST News Guy.*

*But let us think of a better title. :lol:

I wouldn't decline the offer (Who would it be passed to? ;)) but I have been wary about helping out after the 7th's time *spits*

If I do end up being it though, I might change my username instead - How about Jeremy Paxman? ;)

RealitY
06-07-2005, 05:20 PM
The job thought and seperate titles sounds grand but creating multiple Usergroups just dosent seem needed really...

MCHeshPants420
06-07-2005, 05:21 PM

Well I had wanted it to be more generalized and had chosen things like Verifieds and NZB in addition to News also because these are areas that are drawing Google hits and new traffic into the site which traslates to new members which is what we have been trying for with whatever changes that are made lately.

The Verifieds and NZB may not be used by some alot but were put up front and additaional had a No Content hack applied primarily to draw Google hits which in turn means more traffic and members for you to have all your glory with. Its no secret this place was on a slide not that long ago.

This is why a genereal name was chosen which was harly even my thought as its been done on many other forums for that matter. I just imagine why you find it so offensive though. If this was just about News then I agree we could call it FST News Guys of something but it was intended to be more than that which is maybe what your missing. Of course again if you choose to critisize the name based on some concern that it has some sort of insulting overtones than please take into account what the actual thought behind this is and suggest a better name for it if you want...

So for someone in the group that submits verifieds or NZB's you could call them something like "Content Submitter". So long as they continue to submit the aforementioned content.

I understand your idea fully. It just needs a little tweaking is all.

Now you could just call them all "Forum Contributors" and lump them all in one group but I think that splitting people into the roles they intend to perform for the forum will lead to less confusion, more acceptance and less claims of "elitism".

Illuminati
06-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Well at an afterthought, chances are that at least 9/10ths of those picked already have their own custom names anyway, and will likely change theirs the first chance they get.

So why not stick with the Forum Contributors usergroup (no seperate usergroups) and let these Contribs change their own custom names to whatever they do. It'll let them show their job in their own creative way :)

Personally, I don't have a problem with a Forum Contributors usergroup the same way I did when the Forum Stars usergroup was introduced, but that's my opinion.

MCHeshPants420
06-07-2005, 05:26 PM
The job thought and seperate titles sounds grand and all but creating muliple Usergroups just dosent seem needed really...

I disagree as I've mentioned above. It presents no difficulty to the admin, and will in fact make your job easier when you're checking to see if somebody is still "contributing" because you'll know what they are supposed to be doing and they can't fob you off with with excuses.

RealitY
06-07-2005, 05:33 PM
So for someone in the group that submits verifieds or NZB's you could call them something like "Content Submitter". So long as they continue to submit the aforementioned content.

I understand your idea fully. It just needs a little tweaking is all.

Now you could just call them all "Forum Contributors" and lump them all in one group but I think that splitting people into the roles they intend to perform for the forum will lead to less confusion, more acceptance and less claims of "elitism".
I think Content Submitter may be a better choice and can be applied to even those submitting News so it works as a generlized name. Of course as mentioned anyone can change their user title anyway. I do think its a tad dry though but deffinatly on the right track and perhaps on the way to a happy middle ground...

Snee
06-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Been thinking about this bit about submitting content and that.

But what about someone like clocker then?

He doesn't submit any verifieds or news, but along with others, like lynx, and vb, he sorts out a lot of stuff for people.

I think (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that the news, and the verifieds are used by relatively few people. And as for the frontpage, that is rather useless, IMO the www.filesharingtalk.com/ url should be pointing at the forum index.

I reckon this whole concept of who is valuable or not is kinda' lopsided, like someone said, cutting and pasting news, or confirming a verified, isn't hard, granted, it does take some time, but then they wouldn't be looking for it if they weren't interested in it themselves in the first place.

IMO (again) someone who solves problems>someone who posts news.

And the thing is, it's hard to judge if someone is contributing or not, as a lot of people will pitch in if they come across something they actually know how to sort out, but stay away otherwise from giving advice (rather than spamming up a topic in a "serious" world), while others will post indiscriminately to boost their post-count or whatever, maybe solving a couple of problems in the process, maybe not.

How can YOU possibly judge who is useful, and who is not?

Do you have a formula to calculate the ratio of useful, and non-useful posts for each individual, and for that matter, do you have an idea on when to make the distinction on what is useful enough to count worthy of lending the poster privilieges in your little scheme.

And for that matter, I highly doubt someone like titey would have recieved any rewards if he was still here, yet I think he was one of the bigger assets this forum ever had. I know he wouldn't care much about it anyway, but what about running the risk of alienating someone like him who does care, in favour of some total arse who happens to spend a lot of time on fasttrack, or wherever, verifying pron or something?

RealitY
06-07-2005, 06:51 PM
I think (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that the news, and the verifieds are used by relatively few people. And as for the frontpage, that is rather useless, IMO the www.filesharingtalk.com/ url should be pointing at the forum index.
Actually the portal was intended to also create more traffic which it does now as if you look at the poll thats been placed there this week its one of the most active this forum has had. and it does take a good amount of hits and if nothing else makes FST look all the better. If you look at most any other well populated forums they all have portals now. If you dont have a care for it dont bookmark it but theres NO reason to get rid of it or the work thats been put into it.

I reckon this whole concept of who is valuable or not is kinda' lopsided, like someone said, cutting and pasting news, or confirming a verified, isn't hard, granted, it does take some time, but then they wouldn't be looking for it if they weren't interested in it themselves in the first place.

IMO (again) someone who solves problems>someone who posts news.
Were not here to say who is better or not and once again this NOT what the intention of this is. Its a simple thanks and a couple of light hearted features along with some to make the board better also but you feel the need to make something ugly of it.

And the thing is, it's hard to judge if someone is contributing or not

How can YOU possibly judge who is useful, and who is not?
I dont see why that so hard as it would actually seem obvious on most counts. Besides everyone is welcome to be involved in those decisions although if you find it that difficult you wouldnt be required to participate.

what about running the risk of alienating someone like him who does care, in favour of some total arse who happens to spend a lot of time on fasttrack, or wherever
This may be your best point so far. I would hope that those they feel should that dont wouldnt take it that hard perhaps. It could be easily considered to not include those that are of assistants I guess and just keep this to Content Providers although I would think its a pleasant way of saying thanks and cant imagine someone else being in such a fluster that he didnt get some modest addons that they would leave.

I think maybe you shouldnt take those to possibly being so petty. I think that those who assist others do so because they like to and its doubtful that a member of that type would be the same type to take such an unnecessary offense to this. On the flip side I do however think it may encourage some n00bs and regulars to participate more in the areas that have been mentioned and may be quite a positive for the forum since thats all this is attempting to do...

Snee
06-07-2005, 08:00 PM
:blink: that poll is posted in the BT section for all i know there's where people found it the frontpage is where you end up if you only type the url keep it by all means but make a link called "portal" or something where you put the news and that and let the forum index be the frontpage and I have to say that all my points worth considering cos people do care i mean why did you suggest it in the first place otherwise and it isn't that easy to say that this or that bloke is an asset and that another bloke isnt cos you cant measure what a person does to improve how people feel about the place and i dont understand why thats so hard to understand im not determined to make something ugly out of it but when you start to distinguish between people on such dubious grounds then youll get this kind of feedback besides the way you rate people by saying that some contribute more and some dont which you inevitably do if you implement this youll make some feel as if they arent as good as the ones you put in the other usergroup and whats the point of changing something when no one has asked for it anyway?

/communicating with the natives.

RealitY
06-07-2005, 09:08 PM
I dont think theres any intention of switching the portal and the front page although perhaps adding a link to the portal from the forum is a decent though I had been thinking as well.

As for the rest I dont see any point in debating this further as the point that if only a few bicker regarding not getting something they feel they should then perhaps its not worth the ill feelings it may create so it will be changed to Content Providers which will be for those posting News Verified or NZB regularly. This will be a simple formula so there is no confusion. I hope that is more to your likings...

manker
06-07-2005, 10:06 PM
So does Bawa get his stripes, or what.

Snee
06-07-2005, 10:20 PM
The way I see it, what got me to join in the first place was that the place was a kind of anarchy, at the temp forum we were all the same. There were no groups or specific hangouts for different people, instead we were all lumped together, even the mod I most came into contact with (balamm) was really no "better" than the rest of us.

It was all a mess, but no matter who you were, you could have your say and be listened to, and it really didn't feel, to me, as if one single individual could have an opinion that on its own would immediately be percieved as better than someone else's.

By labeling people in any which way, we move away from the anarchy, and the equality that made me stay around, so I can honestly say that for people like me, everything that makes us less equal makes the forum less attractive.

I don't care for privilieges (or authority for that matter) or dividing people into different classes, so I'd rather have less of it, than a bigger pm-box (I prolly wouldn't notice the rest) just 'cos I might be doing something you think is good.

That's why I don't care for stars (adblocked), or postcounts, or special fancy-pants superduper usergroups. It just makes it harder for someone to join the ranks and feel as if they are on equal footing with the rest of us. Besides, any kind of ranking system, or special privilieges will have some people trying to attain a higher status, sometimes in strange ways.

And it may also mean that those who behave, but don't behave in the way you say is desirable above all other ways, may begin to resent the fact that others, whose "work" they've hardly noticed, gets a higher status, like I've said. I know you don't quite get that, but it's just the way some people are.

Which means more post-whores, more spam, more arguments in here, and so on.

If you are determined to make changes, why not make it better for everybody, by giving all of us slightly bigger pm-boxes after making a set amount of posts, or whatever?

The good thing about the interweb is the fact that it gives us a sense of more equality than anywhere else, that's something that should be cherished.

If not, then I really think bawa should be the first member of your group. I'd enjoy that.

Busyman
06-07-2005, 10:57 PM
I've got an idea.

Leave it alone. The people that contribute ALREADY do it because they like to do it. :blink:

RealitY
06-07-2005, 11:25 PM
If you are determined to make changes, why not make it better for everybody, by giving all of us slightly bigger pm-boxes after making a set amount of posts, or whatever?
So then I guess your saying someone who makes oodles of posts should get a bigger pm box then rather than Content Providers. Thats interesting thought although it may confict with all that which youve mentioned about anarchy and all that I dont seem to understand. I just cant imagine some starts not making someone equal and that you have the need to block them in the name of anarchy as it just sounds a tad far fetched or perhaps you know more than me.

Seriously though this is just some light hearted features so if you could please not take it to seriously. Its been relabled and toned down already so that nobody would have ill feelings which Ive accepted as a possibility and relize that its maybe not a good thought then or are you still not satisfied. Am I to understand that you now find that others having a lager pm box is upsetting even though you think 5k posters or the like should have them. Seems somehow I find that confusing.

Im also a tad confused with all the comments about athority figures and find them slightly misplaced and and hope you dont have some sort of need to place me in that sort of role so Im set to be the one that represents all your against somehow. I still consider myself a member primarily and whatever I or any of the Team does is just simply to hopefully make FST a better place for us all.

At this stage the only purpose of this is just to encourage n00bs and members to become more active in areas that are drawing most of our new traffic which without there will be not much of anything other than a dozen regulars chatiing about ragging about how slow this place is and that its a waste of time. If you think back a little maybe youde remember or perhaps you would prefer it that way although I doubt it...

MCHeshPants420
06-07-2005, 11:55 PM
Personally I think that you should stick to giving people who contribute a special member title but scrap the idea of giving them bigger PM boxes and ability to make polls anywhere. Neither is really needed, people can delete old PM's and ask mods to move polls if they think it's better placed elsewhere.

Just a little bit of recognition with member titles is fine, and obviously abilities like posting news unmoderated if that's what they are contributing to the forum.

RealitY
06-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Ive made some changes to the original post above so that hopefully now it will be a happy middle ground for all...

peat moss
06-08-2005, 12:36 AM
I've got an idea.

Leave it alone. The people that contribute ALREADY do it because they like to do it. :blink:

Well said, who gives a rat's ass about bigger pm boxes . Some members with 50 posts contribute as much as some with a 1000. Some like the lounge others software or hardware world. No biggie, I get my thanks with helping and sharing ,thats how this forum came about ............... :)

Lion7718
06-08-2005, 02:39 AM
Personally I don't feel comfortable unless I've read the front page news before pissing off directly to the lounge.

Until today, I didn't know there was a Front Page..I never looked for one :cry:

RealitY
06-08-2005, 04:07 AM
scrap the idea of giving them bigger PM boxes and ability to make polls anywhere. Neither is really needed, people can delete old PM's and ask mods to move polls if they think it's better placed elsewhere.
Well fair enough so now well just have the basics along with the color change on title. As for the stars well just use the same ones that are set for 5k posters or possibly get some orange ones that are a bit different and for those that may find that offensive they can just addblock them I guess which they would be doing already anyway considering ranks and stars are already in place.

I still think Content Provider is a bit dry and would like other suggestion for the name. This will most likely only be at the View Member Ranks legand as most user customize their title anyway. If nothing else better is to be thought of then I think going back to Forum Contributor is which is a title used on other forums also and I think should be fine now as it wont be associated with those that are of assistants to other and just be related to the outlined areas so then nobody should be offended by it hopefully...

MCHeshPants420
06-08-2005, 09:19 AM
scrap the idea of giving them bigger PM boxes and ability to make polls anywhere. Neither is really needed, people can delete old PM's and ask mods to move polls if they think it's better placed elsewhere.
Well fair enough so now well just have the basics along with the color change on title. As for the stars well just use the same ones that are set for 5k posters or possibly get some orange ones that are a bit different and for those that may find that offensive they can just addblock them I guess which they would be doing already anyway considering ranks and stars are already in place.

I still think Content Provider is a bit dry and would like other suggestion for the name. This will most likely only be at the View Member Ranks legand as most user customize their title anyway. If nothing else better is to be thought of then I think going back to Forum Contributor is which is a title used on other forums also and I think should be fine now as it wont be associated with those that are of assistants to other and just be related to the outlined areas so then nobody should be offended by it hopefully...

You need a better word than 'contributor'. Trust me on that.

Forum Support Worker? FSW's for short.

I'm sure others can come up with better ideas than me.

Illuminati
06-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Forum Support Worker? FSW's for short.

I'm sure others can come up with better ideas than me.

How about Neo-Support Forum Worker? :shifty:

B3ta (http://www.b3ta.com) readers will get the acronym :lol:

manker
06-08-2005, 10:59 AM

Until today, I didn't know there was a Front Page..I never looked for one :cry:You do realise that I was being ironic.

===

Afaic, the whole idea of doling out badges to people that do a specific thing is a bit silly. Stars that encourage people to post, okay with me - mods need badges to set them apart when dealing with flames or conveying info from TC; in this instance a badge is surplus. I agree with what SnnY wrote so I won't reiterate the reasons.

That said, I imagine that it will happen anyway so to avoid the problems SnnY outlined, I think a public poll to decide exactly who these special people are going to be would be a good idea. Abiding by a democratic decision that goes against you sits a lot easier than putting up with a whim of an individual.

Snee
06-08-2005, 01:44 PM
So then I guess your saying someone who makes oodles of posts should get a bigger pm box then rather than Content Providers. Thats interesting thought although it may confict with all that which youve mentioned about anarchy and all that I dont seem to understand. I just cant imagine some starts not making someone equal and that you have the need to block them in the name of anarchy as it just sounds a tad far fetched or perhaps you know more than me.
No it doesn't, as everybody will hit five, ten or a hundred posts or whatever fairly soon, which was what I had in mind. The only reason I didn't suggest letting everybody have a bigger pm-capacity from the start is that there's no point of expanding the pm-capacity for people that never come here again after asking one question.

The stars, like your idea of a usergroup, gives one the idea of a ranking-system, we already have some people thinking that more stars equal a better poster, this idea of a special usergroup adds to the idea, now we don't just get five-star veterans, suddenly we also have an elite.

I don't understand how you can find the concept so hard to grasp.

I do prefer the idea of making a member responsible for something or other, like you've done with gepper. Make a group called news guys or whatever, but don't make it a reward, but rather an assignment.

Im also a tad confused with all the comments about athority figures and find them slightly misplaced and and hope you dont have some sort of need to place me in that sort of role so Im set to be the one that represents all your against somehow. I still consider myself a member primarily and whatever I or any of the Team does is just simply to hopefully make FST a better place for us all.
That was more of an aside than anything. To clarify, I do feel that authority is necessary to some extent as it actually promotes equality. BY having mods on here, people can't insult others to silence and such, which promotes the idea of everyone being allowed to have a voice. I'm not keen on authority on principle, but as long as some can't respect others, or those rules we've all agreed on, then authority is needed as someone has to clean up the mess. Besides, I never felt any special need to respect someone more because they were a mod, instead I try treat people on here the way I do because of who they are.

WRT your idea, I'd much prefer (and this in any community, or situation) that any change came through a communal decision.

At this stage the only purpose of this is just to encourage n00bs and members to become more active in areas that are drawing most of our new traffic which without there will be not much of anything other than a dozen regulars chatiing about ragging about how slow this place is and that its a waste of time. If you think back a little maybe youde remember or perhaps you would prefer it that way although I doubt it...
I think that little improvements for every member will work better than larger improvements for a select few.

Of course a busier place is better, but that doesn't mean that we should alter what was good in the first place.

However, should this notion of yours turn out to be something everybody (except me) wanted, then it would be a communal decision, and I couldn't argue with that. You have to remember that decisions made by one admin or another in the past, turned out to repel people rather than attract them (I'm thinking of anti-spam, for one thing).

You could put it to a vote or something.

And while we are at it, see how many members actually think the frontpage is useful, and how many people there are that have a habit of looking at it :unsure:

RealitY
06-08-2005, 04:37 PM
@SnnY I have given everything youve mentioned consideration and have removed the thought of deciding who is good (or better which seems your concern) at giving assistant. The fact is after some though I dont even want to be a part of making such decisions. The fast is the usergroup is now as you mentioned an assignment to keep it simple. As for the portal I see no reason to take a poll on it as allot of hard work has gone into it and is only a positive for us and in NO could waybe considered a negative at all.

@MCHeshPants420 At this point a member within the usergroup will have a color change and stars to match which we already have in place and unmoderated posting in News for efficiency. This will be based on a very simple formula (as SnnY mentioned) for those who post a given amount in certain areas within a certain time frame. Im thinking 15 per month or something similar. Those that do such should, ,can, and I suggest, change their titles to match what their doing or keep the customized ones that they already have so the name of the group is actually irrelevant anyway. I dont think attaching Job or Worker is needed for obvious reasons as I wouldnt want anyone to feel like thats what this was. Of course if a better name comes along that stands out then thats great and if there are a few we could decide from there.

Maybe take a look at the layout now

There will be a usergroup added to FST called Forum Contributors. Of course anyone can still change their user title to whatever they want. The name is mainly only used for the admin panel and if anyone views member ranks.

Forum Contributors Will Be

Forum Contributors Changes Will be

Orange stars and bold nick in same color to match.
Ability to post News without need for moderation.
Looks very simple and non elitist and I cant imagine any further offense being taken to this. I have met your concerns and made changes to meet at a nice middle ground so perhaps you could do the same and accept my efforts to do so as I think its good enough for all concerns now.

The only thing intended to accomplish out of this from its original conception was to encourage more posting in areas that are getting the most views currently and taking the most Google hits also. These areas are ultimately in my thought the gateway for n00bs to arrive within our community which is in the best for us all...

Afronaut
06-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Mostly, Im with Snny here, an excellent post imo.

Also, if im right (I may be wrong) the front page has some sort of code or some gizmo-magnet-thingie-stuff-whatever
that spose to get FST more "reputation" or some such on the search engines and other
places that does the gategorizing and eventually bring more folks here,
in which case, I wouldnt throw the front page away.

Anyhoo, I havent been here that much lately so I might be terribly wrong in late turns.

:)

RealitY
06-08-2005, 04:56 PM
@Afronaut Ive done everything I can think of to meet SunnY in the middle regarding his concers if you read though...

tesco
06-08-2005, 07:36 PM
The portal is there so we have some sort of a home page, and it lets us add more pages such as the board rules and disclaimer notice.
Not sure why you think we should remvoe that. :blink:

DanB
06-08-2005, 08:27 PM
@Afronaut Ive done everything I can think of to meet SunnY in the middle regarding his concers if you read though...

Apart from spell his name right :P

Illuminati
06-08-2005, 08:35 PM

Apart from spell his name right :P

Meh - It's right phonetically ;)

MCHeshPants420
06-08-2005, 11:19 PM

Get rid of this and I think you've got a workable idea. Stars shouldn't mean anything, that's why we get people spamming in Gameworld; spammers trying to improve their post count to get more stars. Let's not encourage that by awarding "special" stars to actual contributors.

tesco
06-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Let's not encourage that by awarding "special" stars to actual contributors.
You'd think that would make them actually contribute. :rolleyes:

MCHeshPants420
06-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Let's not encourage that by awarding "special" stars to actual contributors.

I'm sorry Ross, I'm not sure who you are referring to. Potential contributors or the spam-monkeys that infest Gameworld?

tesco
06-09-2005, 12:13 AM

I'm sorry Ross, I'm not sure who you are referring to. Potential contributors or the spam-monkeys that infest Gameworld?
spam-monkeys that infest gameworld. ;)

RealitY
06-09-2005, 03:12 PM

Get rid of this and I think you've got a workable idea. Stars shouldn't mean anything, that's why we get people spamming in Gameworld; spammers trying to improve their post count to get more stars. Let's not encourage that by awarding "special" stars to actual contributors.
Although thats exactly what SnnY and others dont want and the actual fact of having to choose and not to choose is a task I doubt anyone wants at this point anyawy. Ive already met a decent middle ground and think its good enough and dont see or removing anymore. The point of you or others being offended by the color of someones stars is a bit much really and if so then you have plenty worry about already...

MCHeshPants420
06-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Although thats exactly what SnnY and others dont want and the actual fact of having to choose and not to choose is a task I doubt anyone wants at this point anyawy. Ive already met a decent middle ground and think its good enough and dont see or removing anymore. The point of you or others being offended by the color of someones stars is a bit much really and if so then you have plenty worry about already...

I can't understand you. The post makes no sense. You need to take your time and proof-read your posts. If you can't communicate your own ideas then how can I know for sure that you even understand mine or SnnY's or anyones points?

I think you need to go back and think of proper ways to generate more traffic to the board instead of dividing the board up into childish groups. People didn't like this idea last time it was suggested a couple years back (?) and it seems they still don't. Why do people have to "met a decent middle ground" (if that's what you meant...) if they mostly think your idea sucks? :blink:

Snee
06-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Also, if im right (I may be wrong) the front page has some sort of code or some gizmo-magnet-thingie-stuff-whatever
that spose to get FST more "reputation" or some such on the search engines and other
places that does the gategorizing and eventually bring more folks here,
in which case, I wouldnt throw the front page away.

We could keep it, but we could let this url: www.filesharingtalk.com point to the forum index and let another url, like "www.filesharingtalk.com/portal" point to the portal.

That way it'll still be there to bring people in, but our frontpage proper would be the forum index. Like I want.

I've asked a few people and none of them had gone to the frontpage on purpose, some had seen it, but that was 'cos they didn't remember the full url to the forum index.

Just a thought, really.

sArA
06-09-2005, 05:28 PM
That said, I imagine that it will happen anyway so to avoid the problems SnnY outlined, I think a public poll to decide exactly who these special people are going to be would be a good idea. Abiding by a democratic decision that goes against you sits a lot easier than putting up with a whim of an individual.

I think that a poll with nominations for contributors would be a good idea.

{I}{K}{E}
06-09-2005, 06:03 PM
We could keep it, but we could let this url: www.filesharingtalk.com point to the forum index and let another url, like "www.filesharingtalk.com/portal" point to the portal.

That way it'll still be there to bring people in, but our frontpage proper would be the forum index. Like I want.

I've asked a few people and none of them had gone to the frontpage on purpose, some had seen it, but that was 'cos they didn't remember the full url to the forum index.

Just a thought, really.

We added the portal so we could have a decent frontpage. imo we need a decent frontpage if we want to increase traffic. pointing the 'main' URL to the forum will make the portal useless. The members who dont visit the portal are the once who have been a member here for ages.

Snee
06-09-2005, 07:49 PM

Just a thought, really.

We added the portal so we could have a decent frontpage. imo we need a decent frontpage if we want to increase traffic. pointing the 'main' URL to the forum will make the portal useless. The members who dont visit the portal are the once who have been a member here for ages.
Err, why exactly would it work differently if it had another url?

Google would still find it, and so would any new members, the only actual difference there'd be would be that we couldn't end up there by mistake.

SnowHorse
06-10-2005, 05:33 AM
Something like a invite-system seems cool to me. Users submit how many invites they can give, other users can submit which they want. After some criteria which needs to be passed, the user will be sent an email with the email address of the requester.

bigboab
06-10-2005, 05:53 AM
For a wee while I could not access the Forum except through the front page. I eventually found a way to 'dump' it and access the forum direct. Then again I get out off breath if I have to walk far.:)

Snee
06-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Something like a invite-system seems cool to me. Users submit how many invites they can give, other users can submit which they want. After some criteria which needs to be passed, the user will be sent an email with the email address of the requester.

teh fook? :blink:
x2 :blink:

I suppose giving out gmail/oink/whatever invites could be seen as making a contribution, if we made a system out of it like that :unsure:

Not really anything I think is worth doing, though, just trying to figure out what the bloke wants.

manker
06-10-2005, 06:34 PM
When I read it this morning - SnowHorses' message - I didn't think it was a bad idea but couldn't be arsed to comment.

At the moment we've got a system where members give other members invites. This leads to people like me who have a load of invites but can't be arsed to check the threads to see if people want 'em and other people who use their invites as a way to get something for themselves, be it kudos or whatever.

If we all gave our invites into a pool and then the mods kept an eye on which people deseve invites and dole them out accordingly, then it would be a much smoother, more efficient process. It would also make our forum more attractive to newbies, I reckon.

Of course, this would involve a fair bit of work for the mods ... << insert sarcastic comment here >> :P

Mr JP Fugley
06-10-2005, 07:46 PM

teh fook? :blink:
I agree.

The point of invites is that you invite people you know and security is maintained.

No offence, but I am suspicious of someone who suggest giving invites out in what appears to be a random fashion. Particularly when it is their second post.

We could also get a dreadful reputation as being a forum which dishes out invites in order to increase it's own popularity. Possibly at the expense of other people's security.

Perhaps I misunderstood the suggestion tho'.

peat moss
06-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Personally, I don't search for & post news for recognition, for credit or for access to some damn usergroup. I do it to encourage others to get involved again with (what used to be the main focus here) the filesharing scene rather than just getting the stuff in the networks.

Personally, I don't mind being moderated when submitting news - I made a cock-up with the news tag when I started adding news (Reality knows it ;)) and TBH it occasionally becomes better quality news if more than one person looks over it :)

As long as there's a few changes to the news system (Ross was on about redoing the news system anyway IIRC), I'm happy. No need for Forum Contributor or whatever.

Just come across it myself when trying to post about faulty ZA updates. Good idea but who's moderating the mods ? Some post two week old news or about a topic thats already in anouther forum . Just wondering . :)

Mr JP Fugley
06-11-2005, 03:29 PM
I think we should bring back Apple Night.

That's the type of contribution we need.

In the spirit of Apple Night being about plagiarism, I have stolen this idea.

tesco
06-13-2005, 03:14 AM

What's apple night?

JPaul
06-13-2005, 08:25 PM

What's apple night?
Are you having a larf, you don't spend enough time in the lounge with the hoi polloi me lado.

tesco
06-13-2005, 09:44 PM
What's apple night?
Are you having a larf, you don't spend enough time in the lounge with the hoi polloi me lado.
:cry: just tell me.

JPaul
06-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Not unless I can have an "Apple Night Contributors Group".

This would be restricted to the Lounge and would be open to people who make significant contributions to Apple Night. An award of membership in the Apple Night Group (ANG) would be extant for 1 week and would last until the next Apple Night.

Weekly membership would be in the gift of L'Academie de Pomme..

Apple Night would generally be a Friday night, however that could be varied to any weekend night.

Snee
06-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Not unless I can have an "Apple Night Contributors Group".

This would be restricted to the Lounge and would be open to people who make significant contributions to Apple Night. An award of membership in the Apple Night Group (ANG) would be extant for 1 week and would last until the next Apple Night.

Weekly membership would be in the gift of L'Academie de Pomme..

Apple Night would generally be a Friday night, however that could be varied to any weekend night.
Membership in that group would really mean something :happy:

Not like this news-business :dry:

sArA
06-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Perhaps you could be its first champion! ;)

JPaul
06-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Apple Night is for everyone, not just those and such as those.

The hoi polloi are revolting.