PDA

View Full Version : Best NZB Site?

Samurai
06-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Aside from NFONews.com, does anyone have their own particular favourite?

I'm struggling to find a decent site which offers a large amount of NZB's :cry:

riceboi
06-10-2005, 09:36 AM
http://www.newzbin.com/browse/cat/p///

not free but the best
$2/month

Peerzy
06-10-2005, 09:39 AM
www.nzbzone.com

Best, if you get a user limit message hammor it for about 2 minutes and you'll get in.

Samurai
06-10-2005, 09:46 AM
www.nzbzone.com

Best, if you get a user limit message hammor it for about 2 minutes and you'll get in.

thx - just signed up to newshosting and already got a film (2 cd) in 20 mins :)

{I}{K}{E}
06-10-2005, 11:18 AM
http://binsearch.net/

no need for a paysystem

Samurai
06-10-2005, 02:09 PM
thank you ike :)

Filliz
06-10-2005, 02:25 PM
If newshosting has webbased access to newsgroups,can't you make your own nzb's of the files you check?
You can with easynews :cool:

Oh you I forgot...we have a deal with newshosting :lookaroun

Newshosting rocks! :01:

tracydani
06-10-2005, 07:08 PM
thx - just signed up to newshosting and already got a film (2 cd) in 20 mins :)

(Assuming you are talking about 700-800mb files) I hate you :angry:

;) :lol: They sure are fast huh?

TD

Cactus
01-12-2011, 01:05 PM
http://nzb-forum.com is ace by far my favourite

Hypatia
01-12-2011, 03:10 PM
my 2 cents

Usenet index sites:

www.nzbindex.nl
www.mysterbin.com (search inside archives)
https://www.binsearch.info/

For best results use the combination of all three

NZB sites:

www.nzbmatrix.com (small one-time fee)
www.u4all.eu (free)
www.kleverig.nl (XXX, free)
www.newzbin.com (cheap subscription to access all features)
www.realmom.info (german, free)

IRC

EFNet #gotnzb4u

nntpjunkie
01-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Used to use newzbin but retention has not been on par since their last untimely demise. NZBMatrix is a personal favorite - the layout and functionality is pristine...

Radon0r
01-13-2011, 07:04 AM
I use nzbs.org a lot. It's set up more like a tracker the others I've seen, which I enjoy.

Update: I found another site that is set up in a similar fashion to nzbs.org but with open registrations (nzbs.org's registration is closed atm). The site is nzb.su

krackt
02-13-2011, 02:00 AM
I use nzbs.org a lot. It's set up more like a tracker the others I've seen, which I enjoy.

Update: I found another site that is set up in a similar fashion to nzbs.org but with open registrations (nzbs.org's registration is closed atm). The site is nzb.su

Does anyone know how often nzbs.org purge inactives? They haven't been open for registrations since I've begun using usenet and I haven't been able to find them on irc and emails seem to fall on deaf ears. Anyone have the good oil?

iLOVENZB
02-13-2011, 04:46 AM
If you can't get into nzbs.org then I would take a look at nzbs.su. They're both built from the same source and the interface looks nearly identical - only *.su has a SABconnect while *.org doesn't.

The trouble with these types of sites is they index all posts whether they're shit of not.

I can't remember what the source was called, SOL posted it a while ago.

EDIT: Here: http://www.newznab.com/

krackt
02-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks for that. A quick look at newznab looks promising.

Hypatia
02-14-2011, 07:55 AM
if newznab had features mysterbin has then it would be promising.. imho

zot
02-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Wow, that was quite a bump. :w00t:

Leave it to a spam bot to dig up a 6-year-old thread. (Are all the moderators asleep these days? :lol: )

But since everyone else has already jumped onboard, I'll toss in my 2¢ as well ....

There are essentially three distinct types of "NZB sites" -

1. 'raw' search engines (Binsearch) that contain everything posted to usenet binary groups.
2. auto-indexers (NZBs.org & anything Newznab) that auto-aggregate files based on a formula.
3. manual-indexers (FST, NZBmatrix) where users can upload their own NZBs.

There are plans to re-open nzbs.org again soon, after the site moves to another server. But for those not wanting to wait, another auto-indexing site that uses newznab is http://www.nzbhq.com The Newsflash Plus client also has a Newznab section.

Cabalo
02-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Bullshit. That site is crap, and only its original founder could think otherwise.

iLOVENZB
02-15-2011, 11:40 AM

Leave it to a spam bot to dig up a 6-year-old thread. (Are all the moderators asleep these days? :lol: )

Yeah so? A lot of indexers have went down since 2005 and people are still looking for a new home.

zot
02-15-2011, 06:26 PM
... which might be one reason why exhuming such an ancient discussion -quite possibly filled with dead links and obsolete info- is generally not a recommended course of action.

I could be wrong, but I'll assume that most people here are downloaders, not historians. ;)

industrialpunk
02-15-2011, 07:20 PM
No need to pay for NZB indexing/search sites when you have:

http://binsearch.info/
http://www.mysterbin.com/
http://nzbclub.com/
http://www.nzbhq.com
http://nzb.su/

or my favorite: http://nzbs.org (when their registration re-opens.)

Beck38
02-16-2011, 03:38 AM
There are more than a fair amount (some bad simply because the programming leaves a lot to be desired, or the feed used is a bit suspect), most pretty good.

But the dividing line is between those that are 'automated' (i.e., collect simply on headers), that are good/bad depending a lot on just how good that programming is, and those that utilize 'carbon-based lifeforms' (humans) to do the collecting.

'Back in the Day' (before all the legal troubles) Newzbin was premier. They had a ton of dedicated 'sifters' trolling through virtually all the newsgroups, posting accurate information 99% of the time, and quick on their toes to change things when needed.

The newest folks running the '2nd' iteration seem to be gravitating toward an automated system, as it appears many of their 'old hands' have 'fled for the hills'; and it shows.

When Newzbin took the dive, Nzbmatirx came out of the woodwork (although they'd been there all along, really), and rapidly took the forefront in usenet/nzb listings. I always A/B things Newzbin/Nzbmatrix, and find that over the past few months, Nzbmatrix has been far and away more accurate, with deeper and wider listings. If I'm searching for something specific, I'll look first to Matrix, then Newzbin, then on of the auto collectors.

But that gap between Nzbmatirx and Newzbin grows wider almost every day.

zot
02-16-2011, 01:34 PM
The main factor that killed off Newzbin, at least in the eyes of many if its users, was when the MPAA started machine-gunning the site with copyright takedowns, decimating its movie collection. It's very strange that (according to the recent Torrentfreak article) Newzbin v2 has not received any takedowns... yet.

I suspect that Nzbmatrix could be next on the MPAA's (s)hitlist, as it's probably the biggest and most resourceful NZB site currently.

ose
02-16-2011, 04:54 PM
just as I discovered http://www.just4fun-team.nl it was shutdown by BREIN

f

Disme
02-16-2011, 06:30 PM
just as I discovered http://www.just4fun-team.nl it was shutdown by BREIN

f

Along with a whole lot of other Usenet-fora ... it's the indirect result of thje victory of BREIN against FTD.
BREIN feels they are on a winning streak and is summoning a whole bunch of those boards to stop their activities.

iLOVENZB
02-18-2011, 11:08 AM
BREIN aren't going to get anywhere unless they shutdown Usenet - which I don't see happening anytime soon.

mike160
02-24-2011, 08:07 PM
:01::thumbsup:www.newzbin.com

charon
02-24-2011, 08:49 PM
NZBMatrix
NZBsRus
NZB.cc

k2bug
02-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Usenet index sites must use

www.nzbindex.nl
http://www.binsearch.info/

NZB sites must join

www.merlins-portal.net (free)
www.filesharingtalk.com (free)
www.kleverig.nl (XXX free)
www.newzbin.com (subscription)

NZB sites must AVOID AT ALL COSTS unless your desperate

www.nzb-magic.com (worse nzb site i ever seen & don't believe the stats, owner should close)
www.nzb-forum.com (not far behind the above)
www.uk-nzbs.com (Dead when alive rarely updated & password files)
www.nzbroyalty.com (Dead when alive rarely updated & password files)
www.nzbs4u.com (updated but slow)

This my opinion and i have been around usenet and nzb sites along time. If you want constantly updated material then register at the 5 must use you will not need to use any other sites EVER.

Stabber
02-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to join nbzs.org ?

Disme
02-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Does anyone know if there is a way to join nbzs.org ?

They are in the process/or about to move servers and announced they would re-open signups afterwards.
There is/was also a secret sign-up link, but I can't remember where I put that, it's how I got in some time ago.
Not sure if that would still work though.

Funkin'
02-28-2011, 09:06 AM
If you do happen to find it Disme, I would appreciate a pm. I've been waiting patiently for them to open, but if there's a "secret" way to get in sooner then that would be cool. :)

Has there been any kind of ETA when the server move will be done?

Stabber
02-28-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm also interested in that "secret" way , if it still works . If you find it Disme , please pm the link ;)

Hypatia
02-28-2011, 12:08 PM
why do you all want to get there? Is it much beter than a combination of index sites+iRC+nzbmatrix+abhdtv?

industrialpunk
02-28-2011, 06:05 PM
why do you all want to get there? Is it much beter than a combination of index sites+iRC+nzbmatrix+abhdtv?

Yes :)

Hypatia
02-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Forgive me, but i seriously doubt that.

Once you have learned your way around with raw index sites\supersearch\usenet explorer's built-in search + u've got IRC/abhdtv for blurays i dont think you'll need anything else.

is it better because its all in one place? doesnt bothet me,really,
in 99% cases i use usenet explorer's built-in search since i know what im doing +abhdtv, that's all

vBooM
02-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Ive used Matrix for years, and the suscription is nothing, along with astraweb there is no need for any other sites or newsgroups, its all there, everything, and SSL =)

Hypatia
02-28-2011, 10:37 PM
actually matrix cant give you everything for obvious reasons.And any other site where nzb's are added manually by moderators\users

Thats why we need raw search\index service from time to time.
As for me im more accustomed to working with raw search\index + headers sometimes and find it more productive than relying on manually added nzbs.

but whatever works for you is ok)

industrialpunk
03-01-2011, 06:43 PM
actually matrix cant give you everything for obvious reasons.And any other site where nzb's are added manually by moderators\users

Thats why we need raw search\index service from time to time.
As for me im more accustomed to working with raw search\index + headers sometimes and find it more productive than relying on manually added nzbs.

but whatever works for you is ok)

nzbs.org is, from what I hear, as good/full featured as matrix, but free. Its an automated indexer but highly filtered to block fakes/spam/passworded posts. The mods are top notch and make sure bad posts get removed and requested features get implemented. It has custom RSS feeds you can setup and plug into your usenet client to autodownload your regular shows and it completely supports sickbeard which other sites only partially support. http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/SearchProviders
Along with binsearch for the occasional thing its all I need. nzb.su is the closes I've seen to it. I definitely don't care for manually uploaded nzb indexers. They are always way too slow to index and don't have half the content. There's just no need when you have an intelligently filtered auto indexer.

Disme
03-02-2011, 09:51 AM
nzbs.org is, from what I hear, as good/full featured as matrix, but free.

From what you hear??? Why do you claim you heared about nzbs.org when you are a member, or is it a massive coincidence someone with your exact username has been there for 500+ days, posting on the nzbs.org's forum and having downloaded a shitload of nzb's?

Nzbs.org is fine for scene releases. But when it comes to, for example, full untouched Blu-ray discs, you won't find them on nzbs.org, while on matrix there's a shitload of them.

I'm in no way a matrix-fanboy, but nzbs.org isn't the ultimate nzb-site. It's good for scene-releases, but that's about it.

industrialpunk
03-02-2011, 06:04 PM
nzbs.org is, from what I hear, as good/full featured as matrix, but free.

From what you hear??? Why do you claim you heared about nzbs.org when you are a member, or is it a massive coincidence someone with your exact username has been there for 500+ days, posting on the nzbs.org's forum and having downloaded a shitload of nzb's?

Nzbs.org is fine for scene releases. But when it comes to, for example, full untouched Blu-ray discs, you won't find them on nzbs.org, while on matrix there's a shitload of them.

I'm in no way a matrix-fanboy, but nzbs.org isn't the ultimate nzb-site. It's good for scene-releases, but that's about it.

Excuse my poor choice of words. I should have written "nzbs.org is (from what I hear of matrix) as good/full featured, but free..." I never dl full blurays, but if I did that's good to know about matrix. In those cases I probably would have just used binsearch. And maybe it is just a coincidence about the username... I only download free books and linux isos :)

k2bug
03-02-2011, 10:55 PM
When push comes to shove there is only about 4/5 sites worth joining which i listed before. Each have there strong points and weakness's but the 5 i listed are very good at listing nzb be it automated or manually added. nzb.org i agree is not the ultimate and can be slow in updating for an automated system, i found movies and games new releases this past few days on merlins portal and matrix for example that didn't appear on nzb.org for over an hour. All said and done each and everyone of us is different and each and everyone of us has our on preference and method for retrieving nzb and whatever each and everyone of us is comfortable with certain systems. Think its harse to be a critic of a top site because it has a weakness in one area and people should bare this in mind. We are all different with different needs and wants and prefer different things and different sites for example i love merlins portal and FST but can't stand matrix or nzb.org as there is not enough care taken to help members but i am an individual with my own opinion which differs from yours and the next man and the next man.

My top 5 must join again incase u missed it

NZB sites must join

www.merlins-portal.net (free)
www.filesharingtalk.com (free)
www.kleverig.nl (XXX free)
www.newzbin.com (subscription)

Radon0r
03-03-2011, 06:59 AM

He did say that NZBs.org along with binsearch was pretty much all he needs, which is pretty much what I use as well. I think you'd be able to find full blurays or most anything else non-scene on binsearch, NZBIndex, etc. just fine, but browsing for them specifically is probably easier at matrix I guess.

Excuse my poor choice of words. I should have written "nzbs.org is (from what I hear of matrix) as good/full featured, but free..."

I thought the same thing as Disme when I first read it, and I did see a similarly named individual in their forums, but I deciphered it eventually. =)

Great summation of the NZBs.org's good points btw.

Hypatia
03-04-2011, 12:00 AM
find full blurays or most anything else non-scene on binsearch, NZBIndex, etc. just fine, but browsing for them specifically is probably easier at matrix I guess.

matrix doesnt have shitloads of blurays that can be found all via abhdtv.net...+their exclusive releases

Disme
03-04-2011, 09:56 AM
find full blurays or most anything else non-scene on binsearch, NZBIndex, etc. just fine, but browsing for them specifically is probably easier at matrix I guess.
matrix doesnt have shitloads of blurays that can be found all via abhdtv.net...+their exclusive releases

I meant that matrix has a shitload of BR's compared with nzbs.org where there are none.

Are you speaking about 'abhdtv.net', where you have to pay 20$/year to get access to the full forum?

Funkin'
03-04-2011, 12:42 PM

Meh, I thought nzbs.org was useful for more than just finding scene releases(something you can find anywhere). Thanks for that info. I won't be keeping my eye out for their open signups anymore.

Hypatia
03-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Are you speaking about 'abhdtv.net', where you have to pay 20$/year to get access to the full forum?
Yep. Its worth it.
Besides.... whats $20\year? Nothing.

zot
03-04-2011, 10:24 PM
I'd have to say that an auto-index such as NZBs.org would be very helpful for a new usenet downloader, but a lot less useful for an experienced -- and technically-minded -- NZB user.

An auto-indexer like NZBs.org does not find anything you could not find yourself on any raw search engine like Binsearch or NZBindex -- if you knew what to look for.

NZBs.org just filters out all the crap (as well as a lot of valid releases) and extracts and indexes a set of posts matching a defined criteria, thereby delivering primarily scene releases.

I don't often use nzbs.org, primarily for 2 reasons:

*because when looking for a rare release, most of the things I've been looking for were not indexed by the site.

*because when looking for a common release, I'd rather see the entire range of releases, so I can select exactly which one I want, rather than just the ones NZBs.org picks out.

iLOVENZB
03-04-2011, 10:51 PM
^^^ Experienced users don't need indexers :D.

willy134uk
06-06-2011, 12:46 PM
www.nzbtv.com is a new good nzb site

NZB-Forum
06-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Bullshit. That site is crap, and only its original founder could think otherwise.

NZB sites must AVOID AT ALL COSTS unless your desperate

www.nzb-forum.com (not far behind the above)

Why so? We've got a good team of posters who are posting lots of new releases on a regular basis, we have a friendly attitude towards our users, we very rarely issue infractions or warnings and we try to make the forum as user friendly as possible.

All our NZB's are free, users are not required to pay to use the site although people who do pay for VIP access get added benefits as is true across most NZB sites out there.

We run competitions that do not require an entry fee, giving prizes such as lifetime VIP accounts, just to try and get people involved.

I don't understand the hostility coming from you people, I've never gone around slagging your site off or even any other NZB site for that matter.

You say we fiddle our stats, let me tell you, I wouldn't know how to fiddle the stats and wouldn't want to as they give me a true representation of how the site is doing.

Our stats currently look like this.

Threads
Members

These are 100% genuine.

The only reason I became aware of this thread was due to the links coming into our site via this thread, but I suppose no publicity is bad publicity.

Regards

Leecher of NZB-Forum.com (http://nzb-forum.com)

Hologram
06-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Not a bad site, think I'm going to start posting there as well. :)

NZB-Forum
06-13-2011, 09:24 PM
We always welcome new Posters, you would be more than welcome. ;)

OldIronTits
06-15-2011, 05:53 AM

But since everyone else has already jumped onboard, I'll toss in my 2¢ as well ....

There are essentially three distinct types of "NZB sites" -

1. 'raw' search engines (Binsearch) that contain everything posted to usenet binary groups.
2. auto-indexers (NZBs.org & anything Newznab) that auto-aggregate files based on a formula.
3. manual-indexers (FST, NZBmatrix) where users can upload their own NZBs.

There are plans to re-open nzbs.org again soon, after the site moves to another server. But for those not wanting to wait, another auto-indexing site that uses newznab is http://www.nzbhq.com The Newsflash Plus client also has a Newznab section.

Neither Binsearch, Nzbindex, nor Mysterbin contain everything posted to Usenet.

Stabber
06-19-2011, 06:16 PM
nzbs.org + nzbmatrix.com feeds my needs fine !

Anything else i just search it over at binsearch

k2bug
06-20-2011, 08:47 PM
I thought i would revisit to see if i maybe was wrong first time round but no i still say you need to be desperate to use the site, i feel its got worse and i see something i didn't like that wasn't there on my first visit a certain well known identity for destroying sites from within. I will stick to trusted know sources as FST, NZBMatrix, Merlins Portal & NZBRUS.

NZB-Forum
06-21-2011, 08:38 PM
I thought i would revisit to see if i maybe was wrong first time round but no i still say you need to be desperate to use the site, i feel its got worse and i see something i didn't like that wasn't there on my first visit a certain well known identity for destroying sites from within. I will stick to trusted know sources as FST, NZBMatrix, Merlins Portal & NZBRUS.

:lol: And who is this well known identity?

As for not liking our site, well that's fair enough, each to there own. What we do have is a steady flow of returning members, so I guess we must be doing something right.

Stabber
06-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Has anyone else noticed how updated and fast are the nzbs index on merlins-portal ?

I always find a lot of stuff older on other index sites , newer on merlins-portal .

k2bug
06-22-2011, 02:17 PM

:lol: And who is this well known identity?

As for not liking our site, well that's fair enough, each to there own. What we do have is a steady flow of returning members, so I guess we must be doing something right.

Yes you must be doing something right :D

@ stabber yes i noticed the same when i pass that way.