PDA

View Full Version : Deepnet Explorer

nostalgia
06-11-2005, 02:55 PM
http://www.deepnetexplorer.com/
Anyone ever used it? It has a built in Gnutella P2P module. Does it work?
Spyware/adware?

peat moss
06-11-2005, 03:18 PM
I browser too eh . Hmm makes me wonder about security issues . But sounds like an all in one experince . Interesting find.

Don't like this :

Deepnet may create new versions of the Software ("Upgrades") to correct errors and/or introduce new features and although Deepnet has no obligation to notify existing Licensees of such Upgrades, they will be made available at Deepnet's web site. By installing an upgrade you agree that the terms and conditions of this Licence (as may be amended from time to time by notices posted on the Deepnet web site) will apply to the Upgrade.

Virtualbody1234
06-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Looks interesting.

peat moss
06-11-2005, 04:19 PM
Looks interesting.

It's like one of those must have's . You know, you try it you like it then "bam" user fees or spyware supported . But you have to build a community of p2p to work anyway. Gnutella is Limewire, kazza, Shareaza, etc. So thats a start. :)

Virtualbody1234
06-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Gnutella is Limewire, kazza, Shareaza, etc. So thats a start. :)
"Kazaa" isn't on Gnutella. It's on the FastTrack network.

nostalgia
06-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Ok so far thnx for the replies but no one ever used it?

@ Peat Moss. You're right but as I read it it looks like you can switch off automatic updates on it so if it is behaving the way you like it, don't upgrade.

Filliz
06-11-2005, 07:22 PM
I had a topic about this a couple of months ago here but it seems to be lost. :blink:

So yea,i've used it for quite a while before I started using firefox.
Never really used the integrated p2p.
I did test it once and it works just like a standallone client.

The newsbrowser is a nice feature as well.

The browser got loads of features like mouse-gesture,tabs,...
It's based on IE but claims to be much saver than regular IE.
Read their FAQ (http://www.deepnetexplorer.com/faqs.asp) on this.

All in all a decent browser with no ad- or spyware in it.

nostalgia
06-11-2005, 07:51 PM
As I understand it correctly, it would be a great substitute fot IE apart form using Firefox as my default browser. Pitty you didn't try the P2P ability. Must try it myself.

peat moss
06-12-2005, 12:06 AM
As I understand it correctly, it would be a great substitute fot IE apart form using Firefox as my default browser. Pitty you didn't try the P2P ability. Must try it myself.

Thats the great thing about browsers and p2p programs you can use more than one . Its not like anti virus and firewall programs , you can try them side by side then decide .