PDA

View Full Version : Dc++

hondarvf400
06-11-2005, 10:40 PM
hmmm my mate told me about this, is it any good???? where can i find info on it???

Demonikus
06-12-2005, 06:50 PM
It was pretty good a while ago when I was using it, I don't have any recent info on it though.

fsusr
06-14-2005, 01:16 AM
i dont use it..much better programs out there imo

DanB
06-14-2005, 01:54 PM
http://www.revconnect.com

chiefarrowhead
06-14-2005, 06:51 PM
it's good if you're on a school network. The download is extremely fast.

Filliz
06-15-2005, 03:14 PM
That revconnect is pretty good.
I should've read their Important Notes first though because I think I flooded myself with TCP connections :lookaroun

Anyway,can anybody tell me what the icons mean next to the names in a hub?

You've got 3 different ones I think.
1 is a little guy with a wall in front of him,so I guess that person is behind a firewall and it's not possible to connect to him.

Then you have a green guy and a blue one.
What do those mean?
I'm one of the few blue in there. :unsure:
Does that mean I'm acting like some sort of supernode or something?

edit: :ohmy: and now there's a smily face next to my nick...

DanB
06-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Bricks in front means they are passive.

Green people have normal dc and blue people have dc++ (although people stay green until you connect to them).

I haven't come across the smiley face before, that might just be explicit to the hub you are in :unsure:

Filliz
06-15-2005, 05:59 PM
It's not just an icon for that specific hub.

See here (http://www.revconnect.com/help.php?faq_different_icons).
It's in the list of icons but there's no info on it. :pinch:

Maybe the hub just likes me :naughty:

DanB
06-15-2005, 08:45 PM
I'm stuck then :lol:

Have you asked in the hub? :ermm:

Syanide
06-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Used to use DC++ alot, until i found Edonkey and Torrents :)

maebach
06-17-2005, 07:42 PM
ive never even heard of DC++

elvensilver
06-18-2005, 11:41 PM
DC++ is great for hard-to-find files, obscure music and files especially. BitTorrent is much better for large and popular downloads of course: more people=faster speeds. But if you don't mind spending the time to find a smaller hub that matches your interests, you're much more likely to find the file you want with more than one seeder.

DanB
06-19-2005, 11:52 AM
DC++ is great for hard-to-find files, obscure music and files especially. BitTorrent is much better for large and popular downloads of course: more people=faster speeds. But if you don't mind spending the time to find a smaller hub that matches your interests, you're much more likely to find the file you want with more than one seeder.

RevConect enables multisource downloads and also uses the kadmelia(sp?) network too, was downloading a couple of things on it last week and they were maxing my connection out at 230kB/s :happy:

orcutt989
06-20-2005, 04:03 PM
i dont use it..much better programs out there imo

Wrong, DC++, you can connect to thousands of users at a time, all over the world. And they are sharing terabytes at a time, unlike other programs were people do not share. You can find pretty much anything at a relatively fast speed. I have just started using it, and by far, it is the best at getting anything you want. Bittorrent is nice, but you never know what speed you are going to get depending on seeds/leechers and there is a limited variety.

http://www.revconnect.com (http://www.revconnect.com/)

Yes, that is the one I am currently using. It works well.

Dave_2004
06-21-2005, 02:13 PM
I have a question about this program.

I have about 2000 songs in my shared folder, consisting of mainly indie rock, and older rock music. I am concerned because anyone in the hub can easily see what it is I am sharing, and surely this is basically just leaving the door open to trouble? I also live in the UK if this is of any significance

DanB
06-21-2005, 04:08 PM
If the poeple in the hub coudln't see your files they wouldn't what to download off you :P

skyclad05
06-22-2005, 01:47 AM
Dc++ is the best for music IMO..Beats slsk

DanB
06-29-2005, 09:24 PM
I came across a site last week that had dc++ verifieds but I can't remember what it was called. Anyone have any ideas?

Fastrap
06-29-2005, 10:06 PM
DCmagnet.com

DanB
06-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Cheers :D

JPaul
06-30-2005, 07:27 PM
I haven't used DC++ in an age, but I really liked it when I did.

I sort of drifted to Slsk, then BT now Usenet.

As I recall the big thing was you have to be sharing a lot to get into the decent hubs.

In the hundreds of gigabytes to make it worthwhile, if memory serves.

I may have to revisit it and see how it's developed.

nanotek
07-02-2005, 05:38 PM
I haven't used DC++ in an age, but I really liked it when I did.

I sort of drifted to Slsk, then BT now Usenet.

As I recall the big thing was you have to be sharing a lot to get into the decent hubs.

In the hundreds of gigabytes to make it worthwhile, if memory serves.

I may have to revisit it and see how it's developed.

its still like that :D and lots of chatting helps too

mooSa
07-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Yea, Dc++ is good but i'd say only when your on a school network. Like my cusin uses that and everyone near him, which is his campus or Toronto, they have their own server and the download speed is nuts. its like 2 mb per seconds O_o. But other than that i dont recomend using it.

brouhaha
07-03-2005, 05:07 PM
dc++ is fast somrtimes

phate00
07-31-2005, 03:22 PM
DC++ is very good,IMHO, and if you use

http://www.hublist.org/

you can find place for files hard to find with other P2P,like 0day comics and magazine,ebooks,etc