PDA

View Full Version : Nzb and Grabit question

poppascoop
06-16-2005, 01:45 AM
Hello,I have used grabit to get files using .nzb files before without problems.But all the .nzb files I have tried from this site (nzb section) did not work.I get the nzb bug > alot of 0 byte text files and nothing else.
Does anyone else have this problem?

RealitY
06-16-2005, 05:48 AM
I would think you know theyre all in compressed format such as rar and zip and need to be extraxted although other than that I have no clue what coiuld be wrong although I would suggest trying a different app as a test also..

poppascoop
06-16-2005, 06:27 PM
I would think you know theyre all in compressed format such as rar and zip and need to be extraxted
LOL,Yes I knew that :).......will try your suggestion,maybe try newsleecher.

tracydani
06-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Do you also get an error loading page? If so, shut off your firewall and see if it still happens.

I just puchased Kerio (was using the free) and the nzb would dl at a 0kb size and I would get an error loading the page. The paid version of kerio was blocking the nzb dl as soon as it started and all I got was a 0kb file with the nzb filename.

TD

snook789
07-04-2005, 12:10 PM
hate being a newbie, but my problem as brought me to this post, and the same thing is happening to me
I followed RealitY guide on GrabIt, found the nzb files here, and GrabIt finds the files and dl them, but they are all 0 byte text files but I don't see any error when dl them
And the only firewall I have, is my NetGear router and I am using Roadrunner

Any suggestiong would is going wrong ?

Thanks

Hanz™
07-04-2005, 01:13 PM
What News server do you use, is it a premium one or an ISP one or (Gahhhh!) a free one...?
That is most likely your problem...

snook789
07-04-2005, 01:26 PM
ah ic, I am using RoadRunner for newserver.. but I read that they allow nzb files
http://docs.newzbin.com/Usenet:ISP_Providers#RoadRunner

This newsgroup for downloads is great.
I couldn't figure out why nzb was coming up 0, so I download a move with its 15 rar files in NO TIME.
This is awesome
QucikPar shows 100% complete, now I am just trying to read to figure out how to combined and burn..

Hanz™
07-04-2005, 01:30 PM
The problem will be retention - this is how long a file stays on the servers for - as you can see for Roadrunner the Binary retention is less than 1 day, which means that as soon as something is uploaded it will only stay for a day...

snook789
07-05-2005, 01:55 PM
QucikPar shows 100% complete, now I am just trying to read to figure out how to combined and burn..

Hanz, thanks for the reply

Is there a guide that explains taking all the rar files you download from the newsgroups, and burning to a dvd, to be played in a dvd player ?

1st one I did was WOTW, and their mp4

Nero doesn't seem to convert, nor does DVDFab
I tried searching, but I haven't found yet.

2nd one I did is a bin file
What do you guys use to burn a bin file ?
I found this tool that converts bin to iso
http://cdmediaworld.com/cgi-bin/dlcmw.cgi?bin_to_iso_converter_v2.0!zip
Are you doing something similar ?

What formats are usally in the newsgroups (after the rar are unzipped) iso ?

Thanks for helping