PDA

View Full Version : speech help

daniboy
06-16-2005, 11:17 AM
man im screwed. i have to give a speech tommorow for a wedding and i have no clue what to say. anyone have a site with ready made speeches?
thx a lot

DarthInsinuate
06-16-2005, 11:20 AM
say something along the lines of sleeping with the bride, and the groom

manker
06-16-2005, 11:26 AM
You can't have a site with ready made speeches. You have to relate it to the people you're talking to.

Basically say the bride looks hawt, that the organisation was excellent, thank the bridesmaids (and give them each a small present) - finally take the piss out of everyone in the room but mostly the groom and his family.

I gave a speech to that format last summer and most people laughed - except some of his family who cried a bit as I kept making reference to the rough area they're from which was apparently a sore point with the bride's family who were a bit snobbish.

Anyway, point is to have a few beers before and remember that the rules change for a best man's speech - you're supposed to upset people.

Snee
06-16-2005, 12:17 PM
except some of his family who cried a bit

:lol:

Next you'll advise 'im to give the bridesmaids dustbins or something.

manker
06-16-2005, 12:57 PM
except some of his family who cried a bit

:lol:

Next you'll advise 'im to give the bridesmaids dustbins or something.Who wouldn't like a shiny new chrome bin :wub:

You've just reminded me tho' - he'll also get the right to sexcor the bridesmaids.

bigboab
06-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Try here, there are one or two examples. Good luck.:)

http://www.hitched.co.uk/speeches/examples/index.asp