PDA

View Full Version : Newshosting Increases Retention to 40+ Days!

Peerzy
06-16-2005, 12:53 PM
For those interested, we'll be doubling our retention in the next month to around 40+ days. All accounts will have access to this additional retention w/o a price increase.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/banners/nh0.gif (http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500)

Hanz™
06-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Awesome. I wonder how much that costs them to do something like that?
Hey Peerzy did you notice a while back people with unlimited accounts could leech with more than 4 connections.
They've fixed it now- but at the time some people were leeching with like 25 connections and it still worked....

Peerzy
06-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Awesome. I wonder how much that costs them to do something like that?
Hey Peerzy did you notice a while back people with unlimited accounts could leech with more than 4 connections.
They've fixed it now- but at the time some people were leeching with like 25 connections and it still worked....

Yeah i use to leech with 4 connections and a friend leech with another 4, if i try it now sometimes it lets me use more than 4 but not for too long.

Culley
06-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Good deal. I signed up with Newshosting last night. Just trying them for a month.

I also paid for a month of searches with GrabIt... about... $1.99 for that.

Maybe I just need to get used to it, but... I'm kinda disappointed. At least with GrabIt... it crashes a lot. And, for some reason, Outlook Express keeps crashing when I try to read articles on Newshosting.

Anyhow, for under $20, I'll see how things go for a month.

On topic, 40 days of retention is great! That's almost double what they were offering before! :)

{I}{K}{E}
06-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Culley try Newsleecher.

You can get 1.0 for free... :naughty:

tkpro
06-17-2005, 01:50 AM
I luv Newsleecher and Im with Newshosting, Double win :D

Culley
06-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Good deal, I'll try Newsleecher. I'm not sure how to view all articles with GrabIt. When I had a group, it will say it has over 100,000 articles (for instance), but when I view the group under the ARTICLES tab, I can only see 3000 (for instance). Even after doing the FULL UPDATE option...

Anyhow, I still like Newshosting and will give Newsleecher a try.

{I}{K}{E}
06-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Good deal, I'll try Newsleecher. I'm not sure how to view all articles with GrabIt. When I had a group, it will say it has over 100,000 articles (for instance), but when I view the group under the ARTICLES tab, I can only see 3000 (for instance). Even after doing the FULL UPDATE option...

Anyhow, I still like Newshosting and will give Newsleecher a try.

no need to download headers all the time.

create your own NZB's with for example binsearch.net or if your server supports Xpat use that.

RealitY
06-19-2005, 06:09 AM
I must say without question NewsHosting and NewsLeecher are just the best way to go...