PDA

View Full Version : The Best Tracker for Audiobooks

Twister594
06-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know the best place to get Audiobook torrents? I have a few I've managed to scrape up from Torrentspy. I recently had the great idea to listen to audiobooks while I'm doing construction work this summer. It's just a labor job, so I get bored out of my mind. I'm interested in finding the Ayn Rand books, along with some classics. Any help here would be very welcome!

malyo
06-17-2005, 01:28 AM
there are lots of audiobooks at www.torrentreactor.net

metteyya
06-17-2005, 02:12 PM
A good source for audiobooks and all sort of e-learning materials is:

http://www.bitme.org

I hope you find it helpful :)

/siddhartha

Twister594
06-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Thanks Metteyya that looks like a good site, but they are using an invite only system now since they reached their quota. Would you be able to invite me if you're a member? Thanks, my email btw is <removed>.

EDIT: Read http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=97019

Eyesight
06-18-2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks Metteyya that looks like a good site, but they are using an invite only system now since they reached their quota. Would you be able to invite me if you're a member? Thanks, my email btw is <removed>.

Hi Twister594, already a member of BitMe.org? If not I think I can spare one invitation for ya :cool:

Eyesight
06-18-2005, 10:55 PM
2 more trackers - OiNK (actually it seems that some members of BitMe.org posting audiobooks on OiNK as soon as they download them from BitMe or vice versa...) and Demonoid are always "audiobooks friendly". You shall use filter on "audio" at Demonoid or go directly to "Miscellaneous"

zincster
06-25-2005, 02:28 AM
Hey can one of you guys give me an invite on bitme.org?
My email is <removed>.

Also, is OiNK invite only now? How can I join?

clearlight
06-25-2005, 04:15 AM
yes , i have heard that oink, bitme, and elearner are all great places for audiobooks
but heres my million dollar question ( okay maybe a buck 50)
which one of these sites are you most likely to find esoteric stuff?

Stuff like hemisync, Caroline Myss, meditation....

tardis123456
06-25-2005, 07:40 AM
would very gladly change an invite to oink for a invite to bitme.org if someone would willing to trade.my e-mail is <removed>.

cheers!

KARLOZ25
06-26-2005, 04:55 AM
A site that has ALOT of audiobooks is MININOVA.ORG

tree_for
06-26-2005, 12:56 PM
torrentspy has few if you check it out... search or use e directory it is under e e-books section...

Dredpirate
07-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Demonoid is by far the best for fun stuff like old and new sci-fi and bestsellers also has educational stuff.

Bitme is almost only for classics,history, sciences and stuff like that.

Dredpirate
07-02-2005, 04:12 PM
How come people keep replying to these kind of questions with answers like Mininova (which pretty much just searches Pirate Bay) and other search engines. Torrentspy at least searches Demonoid put will not show all active torrents and is not reliable.

I think everyone who can google knows of the search engines and they don't need to be mentioned Every time someone asks for a site reccomedation.

What do you guys think about agreeing to post tracker sites only and leave out the search engines.

clearlight
07-04-2005, 01:46 AM
I dont mind getting search engine info. often those are the places i get my leads from.

Dredpirate
07-04-2005, 05:21 AM
I agree with the leads part. Thats how I found some of my favorite trackers.

googling instructions:
1. go to google.com
2. type in "bittorrent search engine"
3. click "search"

Anything that shows up on the first 5 screens dosn't really need to be mentioned again in my opinion. Besides thread is "best tracker" and those sites are not trackers.

TheNobleEU
07-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Also looking for audiobooks! Great for driving and for tired eyes spent reading things on-topic with the job. :)

Used to share oodles of audiobooks with the kazza-lite gang when it moved to Soulseek, where I had around 20 gigs of books and lectures. If anyone wants to trade, let me know! Always looking for recommendations too. :D

Cheers,
-Noble

metteyya
07-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Yes, both OiNK and BitMe are invite only now. For joining OiNK try this:

Connect to irc.oink.me.uk
Join #OiNK
Follow the intructions and IF you are patient, then you WILL receive an invitation. Just be patient :)

/metteyya

BfxVI
07-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Is bitme.org allways invite only, or just temporary till next cleanup?? It's frustrating to find torrents and then find out that it's impossible to download...

cldnails
07-13-2005, 04:39 AM
Is bitme.org allways invite only, or just temporary till next cleanup?? It's frustrating to find torrents and then find out that it's impossible to download...

While it may be frustrating and a bit time consuming...think about all that you are preserving. Allowing a site to be invite only creates a limited amount of security for the site owners and members.

In regards to the best educational torrent site... bitme.org is the best that I've found....and last I checked yes it is invite only.

muchspl3
07-13-2005, 04:49 AM
oink

coolbeans42
07-14-2005, 04:18 AM
*makes pig sounds as well*

Eyesight
07-14-2005, 12:13 PM
yes , i have heard that oink, bitme, and elearner are all great places for audiobooks
but heres my million dollar question ( okay maybe a buck 50)
which one of these sites are you most likely to find esoteric stuff?

Stuff like hemisync, Caroline Myss, meditation....

BitMe.org is the answer!!!

Phil_b52
09-21-2005, 09:32 AM
best source for audiobooks i found sofar is Emule

I would love to get onto Bitme.org ;)

Does anyone know if they have many psychology/personal growth/selfhelp/spirituality audiobooks?

Phil_b52
09-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I have been downloading a lot of audiobooks from Emule. I prefer torrents because of the better speed here.

Where can i find the biggest selection of non fiction audiobooks like personal
growth/selfhelp/spirituality?

I have a lot of material to upload, inculding stuff that has never been uploaded yet (afaik).

TIA
Phil

furryapplepie
09-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Bitme has a good rep, but I don't have an account there so I can't say that much about it. A site I recently found is called learningcentre.info which has open registrations and not much content so far, so uploading stuff there would likely be a big help. In a discussion on there they mention another offshoot of bitme that may wish to merge, but I have no idea what this other site is.

ScottG
09-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Hey if anyone has an invite to Bitme id really appreciate one! Ill try to do something to return the favor too lol

cohiba
11-27-2005, 04:58 PM
If anyone could send me an invite, I'd be extremely grateful. I have nothing to offer in the way of my own invites, but my ratio on Oink is good .887 (username cohiba) and I have a mountain of audiobooks, lectures, and other random educational resourses that I think the community would appreciate having access to.

If anyone thinks they might like to answer my prayer, please email me at [email protected] and I'll send a list of what I've got.

Marshall

cohiba
11-27-2005, 04:59 PM
If anyone could send me an invite, I'd be extremely grateful. I have nothing to offer in the way of my own invites, but my ratio on Oink is good .887 (username cohiba) and I have a mountain of audiobooks, lectures, and other random educational resourses that I think the community would appreciate having access to.

If anyone thinks they might like to answer my prayer, please email me at [email protected] and I'll send a list of what I've got.

Marshall

Aithalides
01-06-2006, 08:32 PM
demonoid or oink

shyman
01-06-2006, 11:41 PM
oink

jep, it's true ;)

I just checked - there are more than 500 audiobooks at the moment:01:

slumpey
04-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Can someone please provide me with invites for OINK.me.uk and/or BITEME.org...

[email protected]

THANKS

MsBrooke
04-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Can someone please provide me with invites for OINK.me.uk and/or BITEME.org...

[email protected]

THANKS

Yea me too!!!

Abbddull
04-14-2006, 10:15 PM
I agree... Demonoid and Oink are the way for audio books

uuujong
04-15-2006, 07:45 PM
OiNK yes

raspberry1331
04-15-2006, 10:25 PM
if only it would be a bit easier to get into OiNK... im trying to scrape off some e-books from emule but its hopeless:(...

slumpey
04-16-2006, 04:47 PM
I have invites for Demoinoid.com and TorrentBytes.net, but I can't post for 1 month in the "Invite" section because of the rules.

I will trade for Oink.me.uk or Biteme.org invites

theflystyle
04-16-2006, 09:52 PM
bitme is a def winner, if you can ever get in that is

Mobert
08-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Demonoid seems to be getting a lot of audiobooks lately. Is it as good as Oink yet or Bitme yet? Whish I could browse those private sites even if they don't let me download. I'd hate to go to a lot of effort to become a member only to find they don't have what I'm looking for... Thanks all for your help and comments.

Mobert
08-01-2006, 04:08 PM
I mainly download fiction, sci fi, thrillers, etc.

premiumcopy
09-05-2006, 02:37 PM
It's a bit late, but is there anyone here who can give me an invite to bitme.org?

titana
09-05-2006, 06:50 PM
oink is the best
please do not ask for invites here
might go unnoiced the request