PDA

View Full Version : Holy S**t!!!!

HCT
06-17-2005, 12:28 AM
my little brother just inserted a small thing in his ear and im freaking out cause i cant get it out. my mom is freaking out too and thinking of taking him to the hospital but the hospital is too expensive.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?:unsure:

worldpease
06-17-2005, 12:32 AM
You can use tweezers, (is that how its called?),
but special ones, like that ones that women use to fix ther eyebrows or whatever.

*sorry, lately I seem to be getting worst on my english.

GepperRankins
06-17-2005, 12:37 AM
if he moves he could break permanently

HCT
06-17-2005, 12:39 AM
You can use tweezers, (is that how its called?),
but special ones, like that ones that women use to fix ther eyebrows or whatever.

*sorry, lately I seem to be getting worst on my english.

tried that but he tells me it hurts him alot, so i stop doing it

lynx
06-17-2005, 12:45 AM
See if you can get some suction on it with a drinking straw.

Or flatten the straw out and push it round and behind the object. Then blow (gently) and you may get it out.

HCT
06-17-2005, 12:46 AM
See if you can get some suction on it with a drinking straw.

Or flatten the straw out and push it round and behind the object. Then blow (gently) and you may get it out.

ill try that right now

EDIT: dont have a straw around

manker
06-17-2005, 12:47 AM
I think you should take him to a hospital. His eardrum could be damaged permanently if the small thing crushes it.

Yoga
06-17-2005, 12:48 AM
just bring him to a doctor, you don't need to go to the hospital

HCT
06-17-2005, 12:54 AM
I think you should take him to a hospital. His eardrum could be damaged permanently if the small thing crushes it.

my mom does not have money right now to go to the doctor or hospital, she is on a tight budget right now

manker
06-17-2005, 01:01 AM

my mom does not have money right now to go to the doctor or hospital, she is on a tight budget right nowThen google like the wind to find out what to do. (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=stuck+in+ear%2C+medical+help&btnG=Google+Search&meta=)

They're all saying to go to a doctor tho' :(

Best thing I can think of 'cos that's not possible is to keep trying to get it out with tweezers but be real gentle and careful not to push it in any further. Maybe a neighbour or family member has some plastic tweezers you can borrow? Ring around and see. Good luck, anyway.

worldpease
06-17-2005, 01:11 AM
Ok. of what material is the 'little thing' made?,
is it spongy, like paper or box material, clothing?
can it be soften by water?, or depending on location
of the object, can you use alcohol or may be 'baby oil' to
make it easyer?

HCT
06-17-2005, 01:26 AM
Ok. of what material is the 'little thing' made?,
is it spongy, like paper or box material, clothing?
can it be soften by water?, or depending on location
of the object, can you use alcohol or may be 'baby oil' to
make it easyer?

is a shiny plastic
here is a pic, you can hardly see it tho.

http://img299.echo.cx/img299/651/p61600435352ds.th.jpg (http://img299.echo.cx/my.php?image=p61600435352ds.jpg)

Virtualbody1234
06-17-2005, 01:38 AM
How about you tell us what the mystery object is? :frusty:

Try using water to flush it out. Tilt his head sideways and use a hose with very low flow.

HCT
06-17-2005, 01:44 AM

Try using water to flush it out. Tilt his head sideways and use a hose with very low flow.

i think is a little ball
my mom is mad, she stated screaming and cursing at everybody so i got scare and went to my room:lookaroun

vidcc
06-17-2005, 04:19 PM
What was the solution to this? did the object get removed? and more importantly how is your brother?

what a wonderful healthcare system we have when lack of funds can influence the decision to take a child to the emergency room......

I am not aware of your insurance situation regarding co pay costs or if you have insurance at all, but you have the right to go to the emergency room and be treated even without the ability to pay.... and seeing as this is a child we are talking about I don't see how one could make any other choice.

99%
06-17-2005, 04:28 PM
the doctor will probably use luke warm water, maybe with some soap to loosen skin and make it slipper - then he''' probably squirt it out with more water - atleast thats what he did to me once.

Dark Steno
06-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Sounds fun.

99%
06-17-2005, 04:30 PM
OBJECT IN THE EAR

1. 1. Calm and reassure the person.
2. 2. If the object is sticking out and easy to remove, gently remove it by hand or with tweezers. Then, get medical help to make sure the entire object was removed.
3. 3. If you think a small object may be lodged within the ear, but you cannot see it, DO NOT reach inside the ear canal with tweezers. You can do more harm than good.
4. 4. Try using gravity to get the object out by tilting the head to the affected side. DO NOT strike the person's head. Shake it gently in the direction of the ground to try to dislodge the object.
5. 5. If the object doesn't come out, get medical help.

INSECT IN THE EAR

1. 1. DO NOT let the person put a finger in the ear, since this may make the insect sting.
2. 2. Turn the person's head so that the affected side is up, and wait to see if the insect flies or crawls out.
3. 3. If this doesn't work, try pouring mineral oil, olive oil, or baby oil into the ear. As you pour the oil, pull the ear lobe gently backward and upward for an adult, or backward and downward for a child. The insect should suffocate and may float out in the oil. AVOID using oil to remove any object other than an insect, since oil can cause other kinds of objects to swell.

also look here - http://www.google.no/search?hs=Ecd&hl=no&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=object+stuck+in+ear&btnG=S%C3%B8k&meta=

Vargas
06-17-2005, 04:33 PM
a drop of crazy glue on the head of a finishing nail could "grab it"
just be careful you dont glue the object into his ear

EDIT: but i would take him to the ER, they can "bill you later"
just be glad the object isn't stuck somewhere else :p

Dark Steno
06-17-2005, 04:46 PM
OBJECT IN THE EAR

1. 1. Calm and reassure the person.
2. 2. If the object is sticking out and easy to remove, gently remove it by hand or with tweezers. Then, get medical help to make sure the entire object was removed.
3. 3. If you think a small object may be lodged within the ear, but you cannot see it, DO NOT reach inside the ear canal with tweezers. You can do more harm than good.
4. 4. Try using gravity to get the object out by tilting the head to the affected side. DO NOT strike the person's head. Shake it gently in the direction of the ground to try to dislodge the object.
5. 5. If the object doesn't come out, get medical help.

INSECT IN THE EAR

1. 1. DO NOT let the person put a finger in the ear, since this may make the insect sting.
2. 2. Turn the person's head so that the affected side is up, and wait to see if the insect flies or crawls out.
3. 3. If this doesn't work, try pouring mineral oil, olive oil, or baby oil into the ear. As you pour the oil, pull the ear lobe gently backward and upward for an adult, or backward and downward for a child. The insect should suffocate and may float out in the oil. AVOID using oil to remove any object other than an insect, since oil can cause other kinds of objects to swell.

also look here - http://www.google.no/search?hs=Ecd&hl=no&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=object+stuck+in+ear&btnG=S%C3%B8k&meta=
:01: Great. But i do like the part where... DO NOT strike the person's head.

muchspl3
06-17-2005, 04:53 PM

thats a bad idea

Dark Steno
06-17-2005, 05:01 PM

thats a bad idea
why? :cry:

JPaul
06-17-2005, 05:43 PM
Do you know a nurse, or does one live nearby. I am sure they would be glad to help.

You really do need to get medical help, even if you have to pay at a later date. Otherwise you may cause damage to the ear, which affects more than the hearing.

maebach
06-17-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm sure you must have a neighbou somewhere who knows something about medical aid. Or even old people who are experienced with this kind of stuff. makes me feel lucky im in canada

EzioB
06-17-2005, 09:48 PM
^^^

I'll second that. Ask your mom to move to Canada and you'll never have to think twice about going to the doctor again.

Virtualbody1234
06-17-2005, 10:04 PM
... which affects more than the hearing.
What?

HCT
06-18-2005, 03:46 AM
i took him to the doctor today and the got it out, it was a bead

iMartin
06-18-2005, 04:17 AM
You could have just stuck a straw in the other ear and blown really hard.

Vargas
06-18-2005, 04:27 AM
LOL, i think that only works in cartoons (or lounge lizards) :w00t:

S!X
06-18-2005, 04:36 AM
LOL, i think that only works in cartoons (or lounge lizards) :w00t:

:pinch:

crysmileyguy!
06-18-2005, 07:26 PM
i took him to the doctor today and the got it out, it was a bead

well he wont be doing that again, tell him not 2 stick stuff up his nose or that will hurt as well. just incase he trys that as well :rolleyes:

Virtualbody1234
06-18-2005, 07:46 PM
:pinch:Pop!

HCT
06-19-2005, 04:55 AM
man, i had to pay for the doctor too, it was $120 dollars

suprafreak6
06-19-2005, 05:25 AM
yeah well do you care about your brother that much? cuz i mean you coulda got a new processor with that much :lol:

Addictivenyc
01-27-2007, 06:17 PM
I'd say when your brother gets old enough to make money on his own, ask em to reimburse for the $120 for the doctor's fee's because of u sticking a bead in ur ear Plus interest hahahah

or just remind him when he gets older, u'll get a good laugh out of it.

suprafreak6
01-27-2007, 06:39 PM
haha interest of 100% over 16 years :lol: oh the money you would have...haha

Smith
01-28-2007, 03:13 AM
Healthcare?

MagicNakor
01-28-2007, 03:54 AM
I'm glad this mystery was finally resolved.

:shuriken:

Seedler
01-28-2007, 04:04 AM
Easy Solution:

Take a flat-ended stick, wood or metallic, approx. 30cm in length and 1cm in diameter.

Insert rapidly into the affected ear, the object should come out the other one.

Just like in Tom and Jerry.

I'm almost certain it'll work.