PDA

View Full Version : FAST Bit torrent sites?

b1gg13man
06-17-2005, 03:03 AM
We all know ET was Blazing fast, and honestly the replacment of that site is even faster IMO. but what other sites can hang with those speeds. I would like to get a list of sites that can give you DL speeds at least past 100 KB consistantly. What sites do you know of?

erRor67
06-17-2005, 03:38 AM
im assuming ur talking about speeds when u download?? Cause that usually depends on ur connection that the peers ur connecting to...

micolithe
06-17-2005, 03:41 AM
The sites have nothing to do with the speeds, generally. The tracker might make a slight difference here or there, but most torrents now have more than one tracker.

Vargas
06-17-2005, 04:19 AM
some trackers enforce ul/dl ratios, like ET did, and tend to have faster speeds then public trackers.

asari
06-17-2005, 04:49 AM
We all know ET was Blazing fast, and honestly the replacment of that site is even faster IMO.

I'm sorry to go off topic here, but there's an ET replacement?

madden player
06-17-2005, 04:59 AM
All private ratio sites have fast torrents :P ...

IMO speed comes from the seeds/leechers on a torrent not really the site.

Like already mentioned, public trackers stink. I don't think any public sites enforce good share ratios ?? .. I don't know, because I don't use them. :pimp:

Anyways, why seed at a public site when some leech is gonna leech it and run :angry: ... Public sites are a waste of bandwidth, and a leeches paradise. You want fast torrents, you can start by avoiding public sites.

You can also check the peerlist of a torrent at private site. :01:

EDIT: I consider 100KB/s slow :cool2:

ummm... For the guy asking about the ET replacement, it's not as good as you think. Maybe it'll get better though. :smoke:

Rip The Jacker
06-17-2005, 05:06 AM
I don't see what makes private trackers so great. I just joined Pisexy and TorrentLeech two days ago, and I'm still using TorrentSpy!

Pisexy and TorrentLeech never have what I'm looking for, and whenever they do, they make me wait 10-20 hours. On top of that, you have to keep a good share ratio, otherwise you get banned. My ratio at TorrentLeech sucks (still havn't found anything good to download off Pisexy), thats because after its done, while I'm seeding, no one is downloading! My upload was going at 5kb/sec while I was seeding it. Then I had to go, I don't leave my computer on 24/7.

Infact, I'm downloading a torrent from TorrentSpy right now.

EDIT: If your wondering, I was looking for an episode of "Fire me Please." Pisexy doesn't have it, and to get it off TorrentLeech I have to wait 23 hours! I'm downloading it off TorrentSpy and it'll be done much sooner than that.

madden player
06-17-2005, 05:09 AM
I don't see what makes private trackers so great.

Speed :01:

EDIT: ummm ... if you upload more you won't have them wait times :)

hsv5000
06-17-2005, 07:52 AM
I've been with filelist.org for quite some time and find there are more seeders than leechers. I always get great speeds there (140K) on average.

malyo
06-17-2005, 10:38 AM
ummm... For the guy asking about the ET replacement, it's not as good as you think. Maybe it'll get better though. :smoke:

So which is the ET replacement? And what is IMO?

Speed depends on tracker? Hell YES! Mathematically it only depends on the peers' speeds, but if the torrent has 500 peers it is always faster than one with 5 peers. And there were trackeres like TorrenrBits.org and ET on which you could get 100kB/s+++ on ANY torrent. To be more exact it depends on the community and not on the tracker but it is all the same if you want to call ET a community or a tracker.

Finally in response to the thread I think that the fastest (biggest and most active) community is FileList. Although you could also get good speeds on torrentbytes, pisexy, torrentit, torrentleech depending on the torrent.

{I}{K}{E}
06-17-2005, 11:01 AM

imo= in my opinion.

check the sticky thread for other torrentsites.

privates sites like FileList and TorrentBytes are the best alternatives

b1gg13man
06-18-2005, 03:25 PM
I will not give out the link to the ET replacement, but I have had to create accounts on all the sites mentioned here due to ET going down. The new ET I have gotten 600 k DL, Filelist is my second one, but I havn't gotten really any speeds over 100 on that one yet.

And yes, by Torrent sites, I mean the community. its all the same to me. I just want to know which sites can give me 100+ consistantly. Torrentbytes is the only one I can't seem to get registered on, it stays locked 24/7.

TFFTn
06-18-2005, 03:29 PM
File mp3 maxes my DL speed and its constant. That site so fucking fast.

madden player
06-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Generally, most private/invite sites have fast torrents .. :slap:

check the sticky thread for other torrentsites.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t89539.html .. :pinch:

orcutt989
06-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Private trackers have a limited selection, but very fast speeds. Public trackers have a very wide selection, and slow to moderate speeds.

solosiris
06-20-2005, 02:48 AM
I find that Private sites are best by far because you have more people seeding than you would at a public site. When your done downloading your torrent you seed it to keep your ratio in good standing.

manker
06-20-2005, 09:03 AM

Speed depends on tracker? Hell YES! Mathematically it only depends on the peers' speeds, but if the torrent has 500 peers it is always faster than one with 5 peers. And there were trackeres like TorrenrBits.org and ET on which you could get 100kB/s+++ on ANY torrent. To be more exact it depends on the community and not on the tracker but it is all the same if you want to call ET a community or a tracker.A tracker is the place you download the torrent file from and keeps a track of, among other things, your site specific upload/download ratio by receiving data from your BT client. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the speed at which you get the file and is an entirely different thing from the community that uses the tracker.

As you rightly go on to say, the speed is all to do with the seeder:leecher ratio for that particular file.

leciak
06-21-2005, 02:49 PM
if you upload more you won't have them wait times :)
yeah, but it's hard to upload if noone is dl'ing...(usually after 20h there are only few leechers)

madden player
06-22-2005, 05:11 AM
if you upload more you won't have them wait times :)
yeah, but it's hard to upload if noone is dl'ing...(usually after 20h there are only few leechers)

I mean you could upload a torrent that the peeps in your community might like. Uploading torrents is great for the ratio. :cool: ... Maybe even upload a request now and then. :01:

BawA
06-22-2005, 11:52 AM
I don't see what makes private trackers so great. I just joined Pisexy and TorrentLeech two days ago, and I'm still using TorrentSpy!

Pisexy and TorrentLeech never have what I'm looking for, and whenever they do, they make me wait 10-20 hours. On top of that, you have to keep a good share ratio, otherwise you get banned. My ratio at TorrentLeech sucks (still havn't found anything good to download off Pisexy), thats because after its done, while I'm seeding, no one is downloading! My upload was going at 5kb/sec while I was seeding it. Then I had to go, I don't leave my computer on 24/7.

Infact, I'm downloading a torrent from TorrentSpy right now.

EDIT: If your wondering, I was looking for an episode of "Fire me Please." Pisexy doesn't have it, and to get it off TorrentLeech I have to wait 23 hours! I'm downloading it off TorrentSpy and it'll be done much sooner than that.
its just matter of reaching 10Gb target(wait time will go) then its way easy to upload at full length. upload speed r mostly used when a file is recenlty added so its lil bit hard to get 10gb target.

podium123456
06-23-2005, 01:00 AM
I will not give out the link to the ET replacement, but I h.

i dont get why people dont just post the link??? other bt sites have been named in this thread... i looked thru the big post of sites, but didnt see anything that named elite torrents replacement..... anyone? ...or maybe im just a retard??? :P

BawA
06-23-2005, 02:29 AM
there is no replecment of ET, if there is one then it would probebly been posted on ET forum. anyway if there is one then its just a bunch of people trying to make ET2, just like TB2 after orginal TB altho its one of the main sites in BT Field now.

malyo
06-23-2005, 09:52 AM
there is no replecment of ET, if there is one then it would probebly been posted on ET forum. anyway if there is one then its just a bunch of people trying to make ET2, just like TB2 after orginal TB altho its one of the main sites in BT Field now.

That's probably true but I still would like to know the URL of that site. Somebody posted that you get 600KB/s+++ :w00t: I would try that!

ccs_dante
06-24-2005, 10:41 AM
this is a good one, but only works with Portugal - i think

http://www.btuga.com/

leciak
06-24-2005, 04:12 PM
That's probably true but I still would like to know the URL of that site. Somebody posted that you get 600KB/s+++ :w00t: I would try that!
u can get 3mb/s on tb..

dodgy368
06-25-2005, 12:37 PM
I will not give out the link to the ET replacement, but I h.

i dont get why people dont just post the link??? other bt sites have been named in this thread... i looked thru the big post of sites, but didnt see anything that named elite torrents replacement..... anyone? ...or maybe im just a retard??? :P

BladE, who runs T-D doesn't want the url all over the net, he wants to build up a "safe" community first.:D

Have a read here(you'll like it!)
hxxp://tazzes-play-ground.org/thread.php?threadid=198 (http://tazzes-play-ground.org/thread.php?threadid=198)

tree_for
06-26-2005, 12:53 PM
so where is e et replacement? huh? anyway e link above doesnt work...

dodgy368
06-26-2005, 01:15 PM
so where is e et replacement? huh? anyway e link above doesnt work...

Afronaut
06-26-2005, 06:07 PM
I use public trackers, Isohunt and PirateBay mostly.

Im too lazy with the dedication thats required on private trackers.
Seems just a little too much hassle for git like me.
Plus, they hardly have the really juicy stuff I like to DL (audio stuff)
And no, im not talking about Winamp here.
:D

Newsgroups, now thats a leechers paradise, get the latest stuff really fast.

eMule is pretty slow but I find the files I need, atleast.

Klite, heheheh....

...each on their own.

;)

Calippo
06-26-2005, 09:56 PM
I get decent speeds on 4pirates (thats going downhill though) and filelist, Elitetorrents was really fast and they used to keep the files there for quite some time, haven't had the pleaseure of others (torrentleech, torrentbytes) no invite for me...

tree_for
06-27-2005, 12:23 PM
yup ET was damn fast(atleast tats wat I hear)! my p2p history goes like this...
Kazza --> KazzaLite --> Overnet --> E-donkey -->http/ftp(using Anti-Leech) -->
Direct Connect --> Bit Torrent!!

and right now it stays at Bit Torrent

{I}{K}{E}
06-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Torrenbytes is now the tracker with the best speeds. There are a dozen or more with an upload above 2 mb/s.

phrenzy
06-29-2005, 01:54 AM
I signed up at torrentleech today with no problem, no invite . I get 500+ dl from Torrentit. Hopefully there back up and reunning soon...

phaelox
06-29-2005, 06:11 PM
I signed up at torrentleech today with no problem, no invite . I get 500+ dl from Torrentit. Hopefully there back up and reunning soon...cool, thx for the TL tip. ;)

suatozz
06-30-2005, 03:22 PM
i think its torrentit

Dredpirate
07-02-2005, 03:15 PM
ET speeds in good size swarms were always reliable 175 to 300. Fastest I have had was on Pisexy though, maxed out my 5Mb cable connection. Pisexy also has some of the slowest though. Ran into a uploader over there the other day actually trying to upload a DVD-r with 7KB/s. Pisexy could use some better uploading regs like ET had.

Have you noticed that Leechers talk openly about being Leechers (like there is nothing wromg with it) on this site.

I hate Leechers. :angry:

brouhaha
07-03-2005, 04:40 PM
torrentbytes is pretty fast

BunnyBoiler
07-06-2005, 11:34 AM
What does IMO stand for - I've never heard of it. The best site for speed was by far DVDr-Core. That was an excellent site, pisexy is pretty good at the mo tho...

{I}{K}{E}
07-06-2005, 11:44 AM
IMO = in my opinion

infected_
02-17-2006, 01:39 AM
anyone has heard of "pimp my ratio" ?

dreamer2050
02-17-2006, 07:47 AM
i think torrentleech.org is good

varkey
02-18-2006, 04:45 AM
i use torrentleech.org. its really good and stuff comes there really fast. usually i get my max connection speed from there which i rarely get from other public trackers.

delimare
03-20-2006, 04:58 AM
Torrentleech.org
Filelist.org
Filemp3.org
Torrentit.com ... are all good private trackers that have dedicated 10meg uploaders. People always say how great newsgroups and IRC channels are and whatnot but there are times when some of the sites listed above will have scene releases immediately following a post on nforce, sometimes before! They are easy to read and navigate, extremely user friendly. Keep your ratio happy, make sure your torrent client is configured properly and your ports are forwarded and you will damn near max out your DL speed, I always do.

deuce6000
06-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Also private sites are a lot safer then using say torrentspy or some crap site like that.People that use only those kinds of sites are people that never upload what they download.

gamer4eva
06-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Yeah i think that torrentleech is probably the best at the moment. Shame there aint any sites that i know of that match TL.

BawA
06-12-2006, 10:49 AM
hell NO, TorrentBytes is the best

deuce6000
06-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Torrentbytes has eluded me for so long :( lol

BawA
06-12-2006, 10:58 AM
i strongly advice u guys never stick to one site, always have a backup site ready in case one goes down u can use it(u never know when ull see Red Screen of Busted :lol: ).
what i do is i join another site beside what am using and just upload for a while till i eliminiate the wait-time and leave it as it is and keep visiting it once in a while so i wont get kicked, then i continue with the current one, in case it goes down ill jump to fresh one with wait-time eliminated the only thing ill lose is all the down/up i have done on the busted site :cry:

paurna
06-12-2006, 11:08 AM
x264 is the best.it has all the top movies and good seeds as well.

warfab
06-13-2006, 02:23 PM
i strongly advice u guys never stick to one site, always have a backup site ready in case one goes down u can use it(u never know when ull see Red Screen of Busted :lol: ).
what i do is i join another site beside what am using and just upload for a while till i eliminiate the wait-time and leave it as it is and keep visiting it once in a while so i wont get kicked, then i continue with the current one, in case it goes down ill jump to fresh one with wait-time eliminated the only thing ill lose is all the down/up i have done on the busted site :cry:

So true... Though I may have TL and TB, I've always watched out for new torrent sites that I can fall back on if ever the two go down...

Evandro
06-13-2006, 04:19 PM
anyone has heard of "pimp my ratio" ?

I heard something about it. Thay can help you fix your ratio for money of course.

I get the best download speed on ScT.

raspberry1331
06-13-2006, 05:02 PM
deuce6000, if u think nobodys uploading on the open trackers, its hard to understand how can anything be downloaded from there... actually ive registered at some private trackers, and apart from the ones with certain type of stuff (music, tv, etc.), they are bullshit, i still use mininova (and actually upload as well). ive switched to bittorrent from DC, and the difference is unbelievable... u dont have to worry, that ur source disappears the next day:).

of course if 300+ make somebody happy (or i dont know how much, my conn is bounded at that), definitely should try these trackers. apart from that, the public ones are just cool enough. i really dont understand, why is everybody flaming at them.

deerworld
06-14-2006, 08:48 AM
torrentdamage & torrentleech's s/l ratio always higher than other sites

olmayanaergi
09-29-2007, 01:51 PM
www.bitturk.com

slimdogp
09-29-2007, 02:10 PM
:boxing: Someone ban this turd

magister
09-29-2007, 02:24 PM
old thread