PDA

View Full Version : Please Explain

jjyank
04-09-2003, 10:48 PM
hello everybody, i am new to the forums

i have a problem, and i need some help...

every time i try to download this game i really want, Battlefield 1942, it turns out to be a different file <_<

why is this? do people rename their files "Battlefield 1942" when the file is really something like "Microsoft Word"

this has happened to me many times, however when i download music, or programs it always works...for example i downloaded Microsoft Frontpage 2002, whichworked on my first download

why is it every time i try to download a game, it is not really what it says, or am i juts doing tsomething wrong?

please help, I&#39;m tired and frusterated

J'Pol
04-09-2003, 10:54 PM
What do you mean download. If you want to play a game then buy it.

Support the developers and the retailers.

Are you a thief or what ?

jjyank
04-09-2003, 10:56 PM
in a sense, downloading anything is steeling

but thats not my point

i dont have the cash, so i want 2 download it, just like music and movies

please answer my question and not worry about "steeling" it

J'Pol
04-09-2003, 11:00 PM
You want people to help you steal. I think not.

If you can&#39;t afford it then save up.

jjyank
04-09-2003, 11:02 PM
downloading music is steeling

downloading movies is steeling

this entire program helps you steel

what do you want to call it?

what is the difference of me downloading a game as opposed to me downloading movies and CD&#39;s?

J'Pol
04-09-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by jjyank@10 April 2003 - 00:02
downloading music is steeling

downloading movies is steeling

this entire program helps you steel

what do you want to call it?

what is the difference of me downloading a game as opposed to me downloading movies and CD&#39;s?
No difference whatsoever

you are a thief.

jjyank
04-09-2003, 11:06 PM
all i want is an answer to my question

"why are all the game files misnamed"

every one is misnamed and its pissing me off

can someone that actually truely is sharing the true version of BF1942, please help

jjyank
04-09-2003, 11:07 PM
yes i am a thief, and so are the million of other people that use Kazaa and Kazaa lite, and WinMX, and every other program like it

you dont know me, so leave me alone, or answer my question

J'Pol
04-09-2003, 11:08 PM
No-one is really sharing.

It&#39;s all just a conspiracy to make you look like an arse.

It worked.

zolaisugly
04-09-2003, 11:13 PM
i assume it is the same with games as it is with movies but there are some thick twats that think it is funny to rename or have fake files on there hard drive to share you are not doing anything wrong but i would surgest that you look in the software world on this forum and look for any verified downloads available software world is the best plac eto look for any help.....

@jimif lay the guy you may think it is funny to have laugh but you have been here a long time on this forum to answer his honest question...it may be you sense of humour i dont know but i was not laughing

jjyank
04-09-2003, 11:13 PM
i dont care if im banned

shut the fuck up u little insignificgant whore

if u dont have the answer to my question then just go jack off ur dad like u normally do

i asked a simple question, and this dumbass calls me a thief
thats like calling me an american--i dont care, so r a couple million other people

go fuck urself

J'Pol
04-09-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by jjyank@10 April 2003 - 00:13
i dont care if im banned

shut the fuck up u little insignificgant whore

if u dont have the answer to my question then just go jack off ur dad like u normally do

i asked a simple question, and this dumbass calls me a thief
thats like calling me an american--i dont care, so r a couple million other people

go fuck urself
That&#39;s a bit H4r5h.

jjyank
04-09-2003, 11:15 PM
zolaisugly, thank you for ur kind response

i will do as you advise, again, thank you for KINDLY answering my question

jjyank
04-09-2003, 11:16 PM
then dont piss me off next time, why cant u be more like zolaisugly, who kindly and understandingly answer peoples humble questions

J'Pol
04-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by zolaisugly@10 April 2003 - 00:13
i assume it is the same with games as it is with movies but there are some thick twats that think it is funny to rename or have fake files on there hard drive to share you are not doing anything wrong but i would surgest that you look in the software world on this forum and look for any verified downloads available software world is the best plac eto look for any help.....

@jimif lay the guy you may think it is funny to have laugh but you have been here a long time on this forum to answer his honest question...it may be you sense of humour i dont know but i was not laughing
Sig doesn&#39;t work

Bad spelling, in fact poor use of language overall.

Yes i&#39;m taking you seriously.

I certainly amn&#39;t going to lay the guy as you suggest.

J'Pol
04-09-2003, 11:19 PM
Actually I do think it&#39;s funny.

That you took this thread seriously.

He&#39;s having a laugh.

At your expense.

jjyank
04-09-2003, 11:19 PM
lmao u little prick, who cares what his spelling avatar and sig is like?

go grow a penis u little bitch

J'Pol
04-09-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by jjyank@10 April 2003 - 00:19
lmao u little prick, who cares what his spelling avatar and sig is like?

go grow a penis u little bitch
Can&#39;t argue with that.

A well thought out argument.

I stand corrected.

m8t
04-10-2003, 02:08 AM
:angry:
Hi There &#33;
he has a pretty valid point &#33; apart from a message to the user telling him/her the programme is not named correctly, is there any way we can report/get on top of the problem. it&#39;s a rather insidious abuse , especially for users with 56k modems or less &#33; :unsure:
regards
m8t

Ad
04-10-2003, 03:38 AM
technically its not steeling its haring and ahhh.... it known as data where sharing so its not stealing coz its ONLY DATA :lol:

IHATEFAKEFILES
04-10-2003, 04:39 AM
I think the game publishers do it. I mean, do you think they like us to gank thier software. So they put files that either dont work or is something else. So we get pissed off, waste our time and evenually buy the game or movie or what ever. Thats what I&#39;d do. :ph34r:

CornerPocket
04-10-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by jjyank@9 April 2003 - 17:48
hello everybody, i am new to the forums

i have a problem, and i need some help...

every time i try to download this game i really want, Battlefield 1942, it turns out to be a different file&nbsp; <_<

why is this? do people rename their files "Battlefield 1942" when the file is really something like "Microsoft Word"

this has happened to me many times, however when i download music, or programs it always works...for example i downloaded Microsoft Frontpage 2002, whichworked on my first download

why is it every time i try to download a game, it is not really what it says, or am i juts doing tsomething wrong?

please help, I&#39;m tired and frusterated
Well now that you are a member of this site visit the Verifieds and you should be able to cut down on the bogus file downloading. As for why renaming is done, simple to irritate the hell out of you as in this case. One thing to take note of, if you want to be part of the P2P world, that&#39;s something you will have to deal with. No stopping it, use the Verifieds and you will be okay or at least cut down the chances.

Closing since it has somewhat strayed into :flame:...........

~CLOSED~