PDA

View Full Version : Finally Australia are getting beat

Adster
06-20-2005, 02:10 AM
Finally Australia are getting beating in the cricket about the dam I'm pleased its finally happening where a bunch of arrogant idiots

and of all teams in the biggest upset in cricket History getting beaten by Bangladesh!! and flogged by the poms last night

Barbarossa
06-20-2005, 08:54 AM
It's just a ruse to make us complacent before the first test, all they care about is the Ashes, they always put more effort into that... :(

manker
06-20-2005, 09:22 AM
It's just a ruse to make us complacent before the first test, all they care about is the Ashes, they always put more effort into that... :(That's rubbish. The Aussies hate to lose any game of cricket in any format and are absolutely fuming because of their current poor run.

I watched the game yesterday and the effort and concentration that the Aussies put in was immense, they're simply in poor form at the moment. That said they would have won at a canter if Pieterson hadn't played his quite brilliant knock - before he relaxed his shoulders we were at 160-6 with 93 runs at 7 an over needed to win. Our more experienced batsmen froze, somewhat. He was magnificent.

I'd love to see him in the test side but I don't want England to drop Bell. He deserves his chance after being unfairly overlooked for nigh on 2 years. It's a shame but maybe I'd want the selectors to drop Thorpe :unsure:

manker
06-20-2005, 09:35 AM
Finally Australia are getting beating in the cricket about the dam I'm pleased its finally happening where a bunch of arrogant idiots

and of all teams in the biggest upset in cricket History getting beaten by Bangladesh!! and flogged by the poms last nightProbably the greatest cricket team ever assembled, they're from your country and you're having a go at them now they've lost a few games. Well done.

Their comments in the British press have been nothing but respectful toward the England and Bangladeshi teams and their conduct on the field is exemplary - sledging aside (but that's a tradition). In your team you have two players who are known 'walkers'. Gilchrist, especially, and Ponting. If they think they've been caught/bowled lbw then they go before the umpire gives the decision, they do it all the time. As senior players they are setting an example to the younger players who often follow this most sporting of behaviour

Where is the arrogance. I'd be proud if this team was from my country.

Australia may exude confidence on the pitch but they are consumate professionals who demand that their players maintain impeccable standards on and off the pitch. They've just suspended one of their better ODIs, Symonds, for two games because he had a beer after 9pm. Hardly the act of an arrogant team, more the actions of a manager who demands the utmost discipline and respect from his players.

Adster
06-20-2005, 09:51 AM
I think Shane warne is what it arrogance since when do they walk ??

i remember 2 years ago in the papers when Waugh was caption I think he said we will not walk..

As i said im glad its happening atm need soem challenge but cast your mind back to 1999 world cup Aust were sruggleing then and had to win there last 5 games to get too the final they did that all be it a draw against south africa with a alan donalad fuck up forgetting how to run.!

ho yeah im really surprised you respect australia there the most hated cricket team in the world and the english I thought just hate them with passion!!

but good on ya

shanu
06-20-2005, 10:16 AM
there the most hated cricket team in the world
where'd you hear that crap?

manker
06-20-2005, 03:14 PM
I think Shane warne is what it arrogance since when do they walk ??

i remember 2 years ago in the papers when Waugh was caption I think he said we will not walk..

As i said im glad its happening atm need soem challenge but cast your mind back to 1999 world cup Aust were sruggleing then and had to win there last 5 games to get too the final they did that all be it a draw against south africa with a alan donalad fuck up forgetting how to run.!

ho yeah im really surprised you respect australia there the most hated cricket team in the world and the english I thought just hate them with passion!!

but good on yaWaugh said that he was fed up with his players walking since no-one does it in other teams. I think it was the Ashes against England when Nasser Hussain stood his ground even after the umpire had given him out (he was fined a percentage of his match fee). As I say, Gilchrist does it all the time without a backward glance. It's a great example to set.

When I was young, Australia really were arrogant; Healy was the worst, followed by Allan Border. The competition for places wasn't as fierce so most of the team (correctly) thought they could get away with almost anything. Once those two left and Waugh took over the captaincy from Taylor, they've been model professionals I reckon. It appears their reputation stands tho' - even in their own country.

As to Warne - I think he's brilliant, he's not so much arrogant as supremely confident in his own ability, and why not. Also, he's a clever bloke and usually has his tongue firmly in cheek - like his comments about Mark Waugh last week :D

Anyway, you can respect a team and still want them to get stuffed. I hope they don't win even one game this summer :01:

Adster
06-21-2005, 01:34 AM
yeah poor warne said he was a changed man on 60 Min's now involved again in another sex scandal

mullet
06-23-2005, 09:31 AM
you shouldnt belive the bloody poms news paper. thats the only thing they are good for, making up a lot of rubbish( pleas someone invite me to a torrent site i am lost without elitetorrents)

Adster
06-23-2005, 01:13 PM
funny I just watched teh bodyline TV series where agent smith from matrix whats his name ???? was Doug Jardeen man he was a prick of a pommy captain and bradman there was no other freak like him!! only way he was stopped was bodyline very good series it was

JPaul
06-23-2005, 07:58 PM
One day or 20/20 is an entirely different game from 5 day Test cricket.

Rationed bowling, limited fielding options is not the same game.

The performances to date show absolutely squat about what will happen in the Tests.

But then I'm Scottish so what the feck am I doing in a cricket thread.

Sorry, my mistake, I'm off to the Wimbleton thread.

Adster
06-26-2005, 03:47 AM
back of aussie papers now says england loose to a pack of aussie Shealias and back to their usual form