PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft's Acrylic beta

peat moss
06-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Has anyone tryed this ? I was reading that Microsoft was going to take on Adobe . Thats a big fish to try and reel in . :P

http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5751793.html

{I}{K}{E}
06-20-2005, 01:17 PM
/fixed title

peat moss
06-20-2005, 01:20 PM
/fixed title

Thanx , only one cup of joe this morning ! :D

orcutt989
06-20-2005, 03:59 PM
That is weird. Wow, I wonder if I will like it better than Photoshop.

tesco
06-20-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm sure it's shitty, but trying it out anyway.

Izagaia
06-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Microsoft would be in a far better position by buying-out one of Adobe's competitors (i.e. Ulead, Corel, etc...) and marketing their products under the guise of the Microsoft brand, similiar to their situation with Antispyware, rather than attempting to create a premium, first-class, application to go toe-to-toe with Photoshop.

At any rate, "Adobe" is the branded name to which all other comparable products attempt to measure up to. It would be foolish, IMO, for some MS excutive to even dream that their own product could somehow be thought of in the same framework as a competitor for Jasc or Corel or Ulead much less Macromedia and Adobe.

Kind of like Apple trying to chip away at the domination of Windows- it's just not going to happen.

peat moss
06-20-2005, 11:37 PM
Microsoft would be in a far better position by buying-out one of Adobe's competitors (i.e. Ulead, Corel, etc...) and marketing their products under the guise of the Microsoft brand, similiar to their situation with Antispyware, rather than attempting to create a premium, first-class, application to go toe-to-toe with Photoshop.

At any rate, "Adobe" is the branded name to which all other comparable products attempt to measure up to. It would be foolish, IMO, for some MS excutive to even dream that their own product could somehow be thought of in the same framework as a competitor for Jasc or Corel or Ulead much less Macromedia and Adobe.

Kind of like Apple trying to chip away at the domination of Windows- it's just not going to happen.

But mabye it will make Adobe better. Competition is never a bad thing, we the end users always win ! :)

Izagaia
06-20-2005, 11:49 PM
I hadn't thought about it like that, peat. Good point. ;)

NeoTheOne
06-21-2005, 02:27 AM
its algiht

tesco
06-21-2005, 02:35 AM
I tried it.
It's pretty limited in features, and has a really shitty interface. :sick:

I'll stick to fireworks for now. :01:

Wallace_Askew
06-21-2005, 03:02 AM

Does anyone remember Lotus Notes or Lotus 1-2-3 ?

HCT
06-21-2005, 03:18 AM
I tried it.
It's pretty limited in features, and has a really shitty interface. :sick:

I'll stick to fireworks for now. :01:

can you post screenshots