PDA

View Full Version : Brightness Problem(too Drak)

BawA
06-20-2005, 02:28 PM
hey guys
i have Ati 9600 pro(128 Mb), from some time now i have brightness issue.
unless i maximize my Birghtness setting i wont be able to see games correctly.
in BattelField: Vietnam its dark but with brightness setting i can fix the problem but in some recent games like GTA: SA and BattelField 2 which dont have Brightness setting its realy hard for me. same thing happens with some downloaded TS movies, i just increase brightness setting in media player.
when there r Lights in some points(in game) its gets bright and viewable but when lights pass's by, game becomes too dark.

http://www.fatimages.com/uploads/untitled.PNG

clocker
06-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Um, drivers maybe?

Does the card run hot?

Are you using metric electricity?

BawA
06-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Dirvers r updated with the latest, Card get Hots? dont know..
whats metric Elec?

Virtualbody1234
06-20-2005, 04:07 PM
whats metric Elec?
:ohmy: Oh no! I thought we avoided that the last time. Now you've none it.

Have you tried adjusting the Gamma setting in your Display Properties?

lynx
06-20-2005, 04:14 PM
There should be a default Gamma Adjustment setting in the Ati setup, somewhere under "Display Properties/Settings/Advanced". I can't tell you more accurately than that, since my Ati card is on my Linux system.

You should probably start with a default setting of about 1.8, it seems to be a good average of what many people prefer, but that figure would also be affected by your monitor's brightness and contrast settings. You can make small changes to suit yourself from this basepoint.

BawA
06-20-2005, 04:21 PM
My Monitor Brightness is at max and gamma is setted to 1.5, still no changes.
ive maxed Brtightness, gamma and contrast and still the game looks dark.

DarthInsinuate
06-20-2005, 04:24 PM
i used to have the same problem, i turned up the brightness on the ATI control panel like lynx was saying. I eventually solved the problem once and for all by getting rid of my crap monitor

DanB
06-20-2005, 04:47 PM
I eventually solved the problem once and for all by getting rid of my crap monitor

That was going to be my suggestion :pinch:

GepperRankins
06-20-2005, 04:54 PM
do you have a thing called adobe gamma in your control panel?

i found changing those settings fixed stuff better than graphics properties, e.g settings don't mess up when you close a game.

JMK
06-20-2005, 05:37 PM
i also used to this problem. I could not hardly see anything in games on my screen so i had to turn the brightness up on my video card. I fixed this by buying a new monitor and I just threw the other one out.

Peerzy
06-20-2005, 06:27 PM
That screenshot of GTA looks normal to me...

Are you sure you're not just closing your eyes :unsure:

Virtualbody1234
06-20-2005, 07:09 PM

It looks normal to you because you're seeing it with your monitor and graphics settings.

Peerzy
06-20-2005, 08:06 PM

It looks normal to you because you're seeing it with your monitor and graphics settings.

Ahhhh i thought he had taken a screen shot and had kept his settings. He didn't, Bawa do it!

Virtualbody1234
06-20-2005, 08:21 PM

Ahhhh i thought he had taken a screen shot and had kept his settings. He didn't, Bawa do it!
If you take a screenshot on your computer while the monitor brightness is set at dark, you post the picture and then let us view it then it won't appear dark to us.

Or even drak.

BawA
06-21-2005, 02:22 AM
ok brightness is some what chnaged for battel field 2 aftre changing gamma setting in disply setup but not for GTA.

manker
06-21-2005, 02:28 AM
ok brightness is some what chnaged for battel field 2 aftre changing gamma setting in disply setup but not for GTA.Hmm. Could you post another screenshot.

Peerzy
06-21-2005, 03:26 AM
If you take a screenshot on your computer while the monitor brightness is set at dark, you post the picture and then let us view it then it won't appear dark to us.

Or even drak.

What i meant was take a picture with a digi camera and upload it.

Either way its gotta be down to either your graphics card settings/drivers or like a few people have said a shyte moniter. When did this start?