PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Earliest Memory?

brotherdoobie
06-21-2005, 05:39 AM
I was sitting on a red tricycle.The yellow,blinding,brilliance of the sun..
warming me from head to toe.

My Father...lay in the driveway of our house,working on a car.
A cigarette cradled precariously, in his cracked lips,as he twisted
his nicotined stained fingers ,back and forth in mechanical precision.
His hands glowed a greasy grey-blue...cacked with years of hard work.

My Mother...was standing at the sink,washing dishes. Her eyes were beautiful then..they were not yet...colored with rage.She called us in for dinner...her voice calm.

That is the last time...I remember her that way.

What is one of your earliest memories?

Peace bd

asmithz
06-21-2005, 05:54 AM
rather not talk about it :-/

Afronaut
06-21-2005, 06:05 AM
I think I was between 1 or 2.
I know this because thats when we lived in certain town.
Anyhoo, I remember my brother and sister and some neighbour kids playing with a huuge
boomerang. Particularly, I coudnt "get it" why the thing kept coming back.

:lol:

bigboab
06-21-2005, 06:44 AM
My earliest 'clear' memory is of going on a long train journey(4 miles:lol:) with my Mother. I was three at the time. We were going to visit a relative who died when I was four, this is why I can 'place' the time. I also remember going to school for the first time. I can remember shouting 'Any gum chum' to the American Servicemen who visited a Laundry over the wall from the school. This would be around 1944-45.:)

GepperRankins
06-21-2005, 06:47 AM
my ferrari f40. and it dissappearing and appearing at a family friends house

JPaul
06-21-2005, 07:13 AM
What is your earliest memory, one would have thought.

The event itself may be in the past, but the memory is in the present.

imasoldier
06-21-2005, 08:00 AM
The most earlisest thing I remember is when I was in Guam, I was 4 on the beach picking up crabs also in Guam there I remember living through a typhoon, we had no electricity so me and my parents were playing monopoly and I got mad for some reason threw a piece at my dad and spit on the floor. Another early memory is when I was in Hawaii picking up a coconut I was around 5 - 6 I dropped a coconut on my foot and I sayed shit my first cussword. Also being on Hawaii beach getting womped by 15 foot + waves. I could go on forever but id bore you so i'll stop there. :)

colt45joe
06-21-2005, 08:12 AM
sucking on my moms nipple at some relative's party.

JPaul
06-21-2005, 08:30 AM
sucking on my moms nipple at some relative's party.
You can only remember back to being 17 :blink:

MCHeshPants420
06-21-2005, 08:37 AM
My earliest memory is of being in Germany at an RAF base. I remember being in a car and looking up at the trees.

Which is weird as my parent's car didn't have a sunroof. :ermm:

JPaul
06-21-2005, 09:01 AM
My earliest memory is of being in Germany at an RAF base. I remember being in a car and looking up at the trees.

Maybe it wasn't their car you were in.

Dark Steno
06-21-2005, 09:19 AM
I saw a ghost.

manker
06-21-2005, 09:21 AM

Maybe it wasn't their car you were in.It may have been one of them new fangled cars with see thro' windows.

JPaul
06-21-2005, 09:24 AM
Maybe it wasn't their car you were in.It may have been one of them new fangled cars with see thro' windows.
Yeah right, see thro' windows. :manrod:

manker
06-21-2005, 09:28 AM
You're right, it's ridiculous. How else could one see outside of a car from within if it didn't have a sun-roof.

Having said that, Daddy-ho-tep was in the RAF so the vehicle may have had a periscope.

Busyman
06-21-2005, 09:31 AM
....having pneumonia when I was 2.

I remember being in a hospital bed with the different colored wires attached to me and a teddy bear next to me.

That's the only picture I have though...me just looking down towards the foot of the bed. (JPaulism)

Dark Steno
06-21-2005, 09:31 AM
periscope? wow.

Gripper
06-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Waiting for me dad to come home from work,he was late,when he eventually did come home he was pissed,so pissed that when he stopped his bycycle he forgot to put his feet down and just fell over on to his side.

GepperRankins
06-21-2005, 09:34 AM
....having pneumonia when I was 2.

I remember being in a hospital bed with the different colored wires attached to me and a teddy bear next to me.

That's the only picture I have though...me just looking down towards the foot of the bed. (JPaulism)
you can't remember being two years old :dry:

JPaul
06-21-2005, 09:36 AM
You're right, it's ridiculous. How else could one see outside of a car from within if it didn't have a sun-roof.

Having said that, Daddy-ho-tep was in the RAF so the vehicle may have had a periscope.
Nah, that would have got caugth up in the rotory blades.

It must have been some sort of sonor, or rador type thing. That's the only sensible solution.

manker
06-21-2005, 09:43 AM

It must have been some sort of sonor, or rador type thing. That's the only sensible solution.They didn't have gadgets like that in the olden days.

The only proper way that Chebus', frankly, tall tale could be plausible is if the infant Chebus was strapped to the roof as a navigation aid. They presumably used some kind of intricate tube for the driver and navigator to converse.

JPaul
06-21-2005, 09:50 AM

It must have been some sort of sonor, or rador type thing. That's the only sensible solution.They didn't have gadgets like that in the olden days.

The only proper way that Chebus', frankly, tall tale could be plausible is if the infant Chebus was strapped to the roof as a navigation aid. They presumably used some kind of intricate tube for the driver and navigator to converse.
Yeah, I think you've sussed it.

An early form of satnav as it were. Do you think Bridge gets a commission from people who are using his idea.

http://img292.echo.cx/img292/6781/cheesenav7hy.jpg

manker
06-21-2005, 10:04 AM
They didn't have gadgets like that in the olden days.

Yeah, I think you've sussed it.

An early form of satnav as it were. Do you think Bridge gets a commission from people who are using his idea.

http://img292.echo.cx/img292/6781/cheesenav7hy.jpgOne would certainly hope so. They do say that the best ideas are often born of a chance occurence. Penicillin, the 4-4-2 formation and Nuclear fission, for example.

Young Chebus was only up there to stop him crying like a sissy girl.

Can't see your pic, btw :unsure:

JPaul
06-21-2005, 10:17 AM
They do say that the best ideas are often born of a chance occurence. Penicillin, the 4-4-2 formation and Nuclear fission, for example.

Or chopped ham and pork.

MCHeshPants420
06-21-2005, 10:21 AM
It turns out I was actually in the boot.

Dark Steno
06-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Do you remember why?

JPaul
06-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Now you tell us.

Feckin' hell, Bridge has been collecting all that money on falce pretenses.

MCHeshPants420
06-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Do you remember why?

No room in the glove-box.

JPaul
06-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Do you remember why?

No room for Chebus, it's a story as old as time.

MCHeshPants420
06-21-2005, 10:37 AM
No room for Chebus, it's a story as old as time.

:lol:

Dark Steno
06-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Do you remember why?

:cry:

Barbarossa
06-21-2005, 10:46 AM
I can't remember. :(

Dark Steno
06-21-2005, 11:03 AM
:cry:

brotherdoobie
06-21-2005, 05:01 PM
What is your earliest memory, one would have thought.

The event itself may be in the past, but the memory is in the present.

Correct. Except for the fact,that I am a mentalist...and predicted my own
amnesia...and the rest of the boards.

Remember...of course not.

Peace bd

brotherdoobie
06-21-2005, 05:08 PM

The beginning of the end...but soon,we will no longer have to worry about
lost post. :devil:

Peace bd

sparsely
06-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Pc100

Snee
06-21-2005, 05:14 PM
I remember a weird and very abstract dream I had, without proper language or anything that seemed taken from the real world, thus nothing like the dreams I have now. Can't say for certain how small I was, but I think I had it, or something similar several times when I was little.

I don't think it's possible to experience something like it once you've left the infant stage, not without drugs, anyway.

brotherdoobie
06-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Pc100

Jr....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/brotherdoobie/c64screen.gif

Peace bd

brotherdoobie
06-21-2005, 05:20 PM
I remember a weird and very abstract dream I had, without proper language or anything that seemed taken from the real world, thus nothing like the dreams I have now. Can't say for certain how small I was, but I think I had it, or something similar several times when I was little.

I don't think it's possible to experience something like it once you've left the infant stage, not without drugs, anyway.

Or...possibly fever.

Peace bd

Busyman
06-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Pc100

Peace bd
I used to program games and other small utilities on that and my Vic-20 when I was younger.

I still have my C64, floppy drive, a tape drive from back then.

Snee
06-21-2005, 05:29 PM

Or...possibly fever.

Peace bd
Maybe so :unsure:

brotherdoobie
06-21-2005, 05:31 PM

Peace bd
I used to program games and other small utilities on that and my Vic-20 when I was younger.

I still have my C64, floppy drive, a tape drive from back then.

Commodore 64s...were the computers,I used as a lad in grade school.
Busy,I bet you could get a pretty penny out of it...on ebay.

However,it would be a shame to get rid of one.

Peace bd

Gemby!
06-21-2005, 06:23 PM
i remember last week - and thankful :01:

suprafreak6
06-21-2005, 08:06 PM
myearliest memory was when i ran away to chuckecheese :lol:

Lilmiss
06-21-2005, 08:14 PM
I remember having my head flushed down the toilet every other week, by my older uncles.

I remember being stuffed into the footspace in my Grandparents car, and having a jacket thrown over me, while they smuggled me into the zoo.

And I also remember being locked outside by my uncles, while I was wearing a blue bikini. They didnt let me in til they seen my Gran marching up the street.

Memories suck. :dry:

Dark Steno
06-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Memories suck. :dry:
Maybe, but we need it.

DarthInsinuate
06-21-2005, 09:06 PM
i don't, i have my pin number written on my hand

Gripper
06-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Why is it that things that happened 35 years ago stick in your mind but you have trouble remembering what happened yesterday/last week

DarthInsinuate
06-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Why is it that things that happened 35 years ago stick in your mind but you have trouble remembering what happened yesterday/last week
because those memories from 35 years ago aren't real, they were just implanted there by an evil corporation in a plot to seize the White House

Guillaume
06-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Falling and nearly drowning in the small pool in my gran's garden.

Ah, happy childhood memories.

Gripper
06-21-2005, 09:30 PM
because those memories from 35 years ago aren't real, they were just implanted there by an evil corporation in a plot to seize the White House
They're welcome to it,where I come from the white house is a crappy little resturant

Lilmiss
06-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Did you drink much, 35 years ago?
If not, I think we found the answer, Gripper. :P

Gripper
06-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Did you drink much, 35 years ago?
If not, I think we found the answer, Gripper. :P

Doh!! :drunk:

Vargas
06-21-2005, 10:19 PM
i remember riding on a train when i was 22 months old, it was at x-mas time and i remember the x-mas lights on the houses

bigboab
06-21-2005, 10:26 PM

Pre-Senile Dementia.:ph34r:

Skiz
06-23-2005, 03:08 AM
My earliest memory is of Reagan being shot..... I think...what year was that? :unsure: