PDA

View Full Version : Batman Begins

{I}{K}{E}
06-21-2005, 09:41 AM
I was just checking 'Batman Begins (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372784/)' on IMDb and I saw that this movie is now #64 on the IMDb top250 list.
I know new movies always get higher scores and often leave the top250 after a while (like SW III)

Is this movie really that good???

MCHeshPants420
06-21-2005, 10:14 AM
It's the "fan-boy" effect. Star Wars 3 also came in high on that chart (not as high but still...) and has now fallen out of the Top 250. Give it a few weeks and it will fall down, but it might hang around the Top 250 (I mean if LOTR can...).

As to the film itself I thought that it was brilliant. Really in keeping with the comics, much more focus on Batman/Bruce Wayne, didn't stretch the unbeilabilty factor too much and good performances from Gary Oldman, Cillian Murphy and Patrick Bateman Christian Bale.

Defiently my favourite film of the year ahead of Sin City by a hairs breadth.

btw: The IMDB poll is a pretty awful poll. For one it is male dominated, secondly the majority of the age group voting is 18-29 and, thirdly, over half the voters are American. :ermm:

Afronaut
06-21-2005, 01:00 PM
It's the "fan-boy" effect. Star Wars 3 also came in high on that chart (not as high but still...) and has now fallen out of the Top 250. Give it a few weeks and it will fall down, but it might hang around the Top 250 (I mean if LOTR can...).

As to the film itself I thought that it was brilliant. Really in keeping with the comics, much more focus on Batman/Bruce Wayne, didn't stretch the unbeilabilty factor too much and good performances from Gary Oldman, Cillian Murphy and Patrick Bateman Christian Bale.

Defiently my favourite film of the year ahead of Sin City by a hairs breadth.

btw: The IMDB poll is a pretty awful poll. For one it is male dominated, secondly the majority of the age group voting is 18-29 and, thirdly, over half are American. :ermm:

Sir, you have now convinced me to get the Batman, and the Sin Thanks. City too.

But first I gotta nick some albums on SS...

{I}{K}{E}
06-22-2005, 03:03 PM
The trailer looks really good.

Is it that good that its a 'must see in theater' kinda movie?

Premiere is next wednesday here in Holland

newcombe6
06-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Ike - i reckon so. the set peices are very imressive and i much prefered it to not only the shitty cam versions out at the moment, but even if therye was a decent telceine - i still think youd miss out on a lot of the atmosphere too

i really thought it was an exceptional film. very moving and funny in places and had a real darkness to it that seemed fitting for the start of batman. it also molds his education and the coolness of batman well during the movie so it deosnt appear disjointed

great film - must see in cinema - then watch again with a decent release

MCHeshPants420
06-22-2005, 03:44 PM
The trailer looks really good.

Is it that good that its a 'must see in theater' kinda movie?

Premiere is next wednesday here in Holland

Defiently one to watch at the cinema, I know I will be watching it again there.

{I}{K}{E}
06-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Batman.Begins.iNTERNAL.TS.XviD-CRDS

they say quality is good. but I think it will get nuked for bad AR :unsure:

Formula1
06-22-2005, 07:56 PM
Batman.Begins.iNTERNAL.TS.XviD-CRDS is on filelist.org....

{I}{K}{E}
06-22-2005, 08:43 PM

NUKED :: DECODER.SUBLIMINAL.MESSAGES.APPEARS.DURING.THE FILM-CROPPED ALSO!

:huh:

hippychick
06-22-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm going to see it 2night on the big screen. I'll give a review from a womens point of view lol :D :P

Also has anyone seen it in the IMAX theaters?

{I}{K}{E}
06-22-2005, 09:48 PM
CRDS = iNVFX, so all their releases get nuked :lol:

Gripper
06-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Best Batman film ever,raw gritty,and michael caine as alfred is brill

Guyver
06-22-2005, 10:18 PM
to bad not a single full release has come out lol, i dont want to watch a half ass copy...where is saosin when u need them\....

{I}{K}{E}
06-22-2005, 10:20 PM
to bad not a single full release has come out lol, i dont want to watch a half ass copy...where is saosin when u need them\....

there is a saosin release, it maybe fake or bad, but there is one.

Guyver
06-22-2005, 11:10 PM
when was it released?

RealitY
06-23-2005, 12:21 AM
I think I will be going to the theaters this weekend for this...

lee551
06-23-2005, 05:06 AM
i just saw it tonight. i'd have to say i was disappointed after hearing about it. there was about 0 acting going on.... :rolleyes:

Monkeee
06-23-2005, 05:16 AM
hm... heared this was the best Batman yet... even though all Batman movies sucked except Batman Returns!

{I}{K}{E}
06-23-2005, 09:14 AM

this version is NOT complete. Part 1 is 1:05:03, and part 2 is 49:03 mins. So thats only 1hr 55mins, and according to movietickets.com the movie is 2hr 20mins, so its missing about 25mins of footage.

Quality of video is decent, but dark alot. Also, audio is out of sync on 2nd disc for about 15mins.

hippychick
06-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Here's my review from a womens point...Batman Rawks!!! omg he is so hot :w00t: and his batmoblie is killer I want one :D.
I liked it cause it actually explains why batman fears bats, how he gets his gear, his batcave ect. It sets up all the characters and gives them personalities. I liked the all star cast. I agree Michael Cain as ALfred was brilliant. Morgan Freeman one of my fav actors was cast in a good role.
BTW who did Gary Oldman play? was it Gorden?
I didn't like the other Batmans, nipples on the batsuit...puhleaseeee how gay.
I look fwd the sequels.
I would strongly sugjest seeing this on the big screen first. IMHO

{I}{K}{E}
06-23-2005, 03:36 PM
BTW who did Gary Oldman play? was it Gorden?

correct

Gripper
06-23-2005, 03:55 PM
no it was GORDoN(he he just being picky,must have caught it off Manker)

edited as being caught out trying to be clever :blushing:

dodgy368
06-25-2005, 05:51 PM
GORDAN?

Think you'll find it's GordOn.:lol:

Gripper
06-25-2005, 07:34 PM
:blushing: Damn you're right Dodgy serves me right for trying to be a smartarse :)

dodgy368
06-25-2005, 08:15 PM
:blushing: Damn you're right Dodgy serves me right for trying to be a smartarse :)

Sorry Gripper, I couldn't resist, very funny "mis"spellcheck though.:)

Guyver
06-25-2005, 08:49 PM
did saosin really get arrested for trying to make a tc of batman?

cow_dung
06-26-2005, 05:59 AM
just saw it today, it was awesome, got frightened when sudden scenes of bats came up from batmans dreams....

S!X
06-26-2005, 06:02 AM
I saw this today also, It was pretty cool, I really like the batmobile! Katie holmes is kinda hawt too.... :wub:

Guyver
06-26-2005, 06:19 AM
I saw this today also, It was pretty cool, I really like the batmobile! Katie holmes is kinda hawt too.... :wub:
really? i dont really find her attractive...

S!X
06-26-2005, 06:22 AM
really? i dont really find her attractive...

Well I said kinda... :lookaroun

Peerzy
06-26-2005, 07:54 AM
did saosin really get arrested for trying to make a tc of batman?

No, all is well just like other groups their going through a dry spell. Remember Maven went away for a few weeks then came back and all was good.

Still havn't watched the flick myself :lol:

Illuminati
06-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Saw it last night, and can say that is arguably the best of the series (arguably because Batman & possibly Batman Returns are the only good ones in the series).

I thought Bale would be good as Bruce after Equilibrium and he didn't disappoint. Caine as Alfred, I was a little surprised about but he flowed through like Alfred was made for him :D Neeson seemed to steal the show in coolness in his scenes as the emotionless, mysterious saviour/devil, and Freeman I never expected to play a tech geek :D

My only cringing moments - The clearing out scene of the party towards the end (just seemed to lose the rhythm when considered how crap that part was), and the romance between Holmes & Bale. It's about as believable as Katie Holmes & Tom Cruise - Oh wait...

Most notable thing though was the psychotic scenes - Definitely not one for kids to see unless you want to possibly mentally scar them until puberty ;) But a great movie that seemed (for once) to sacrifice action for storyline and background :D

If another sequel can be made like that, then there is hope for a revival of the Batman series :D

dodgy368
06-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Just finished watching the TS again(even though it's got a big chunk missing and the audio is out of sync for a long time), definitely my fav of the series, would like to have seen Keaton do this 10 years ago, only cos I think he has the best "voice" for Batman.
Can't wait til a good tc comes out.

Caine and Neeson steal the show imho.:D

Bit of trivia for you, Caine's been to the Wayne mansion before, but in the previous movie(don't know which movie) he was actually the owner and not the butler!:w00t:

the mighty
07-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Fantastic film, possibly film of the year so far? Bale was amazing as The Bat, and so were his supporting cast! Can't wait for the DVD!

Monkeee
07-09-2005, 08:13 AM
Just saw the movie!!! One of the best movies imo. Just got one question.... how did he make all thoes bats come and distract for him? What was that red light?

Peerzy
07-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Bats have super sonic hearing, so the thing made a sound so high pitched that humans couldn't hear it but Bats could.

I've still got to finish watching the end, i've got about 15 minutes left. So far i've loved it but;

As soon as that chinese guy and Liam Neeson came back the whole thing has gone to shit. Im really disappointed, hopefully the last 15 minutes can be much better.

Gemby!
07-09-2005, 05:13 PM
i saw it at imax cinema - which has an uber big screen, and eventhough a 3d movie would have been better it was a good film

shocked it was a 12A - the kids infront of us in cinema were getting scared of the scarecrow :lol:

Monkeee
07-09-2005, 08:26 PM
i saw it at imax cinema - which has an uber big screen, and eventhough a 3d movie would have been better it was a good film

shocked it was a 12A - the kids infront of us in cinema were getting scared of the scarecrow :lol:

i dont BLAME them that scarecrow WAS SCARY!!!! but i gotta say the scary version of Batman looked uber cooL!!! :01:

after watching i must say.....

Batman > Superman

Gemby!
07-10-2005, 02:23 PM
batman and superman you say ?? :kiss:

scary batman had a problem controlling himself - man couldnt stop drooling ...

99%
07-29-2005, 11:46 PM
6 / 10 as a movie
6 / 10 action movie
10 / 10 for batman movie
Halucinationaloginetic parts 9/10 would have loved a leetle bit more

Gary Oldman - is this the first ever movie where he plays the nice guy? :blink:
Rutger Haur(Wayne director guy) great to see him back in movies again (also in Sin city)

Loophole? - the microwave H20 blaster machine - are humans not made of 75% h20?......
Frank miller is heavier more personal - this movie was less but as people above said everything is closer.

the part where he returns to cave and becomes surrounded by bats is fantastic.