PDA

View Full Version : Renamed Games

Tormentor
04-10-2003, 01:41 AM
I was just wondering why people rename games to another game.
What is the point.
I think if they just left the name people would still download it.

The King
04-10-2003, 01:55 AM
I HATE when people rename files. Sometimes they get fakes and name them somethin sweet. I think that they just want to piss people off <_<

Tormentor
04-10-2003, 02:07 AM
:angry: I want to kick those peoples asses straight to hell

Fruden
04-10-2003, 02:19 AM
tell me how u going to do that???

Ad
04-10-2003, 03:02 AM
Ill tell u why :angry:

Some people out there are assholes and think its funny when they see it on there upload screen there probaly sitting there laughing there heads off they get a kick out of it some idiots couldn&#39;t be bothered renameing it coz they want to see the other person suffer like they did. The thing that gets me is sometimes 20 users have the same fake file and i cant work out why that one is&#33;&#33;&#33; Either that or some people dont know there title of their game hmmmm.... lets see it might be Madden 2003 and some dumbass thinks it Tigers Woods golf and what pisses me off is when u send a message to the user to see if its for real and they ignore u. :angry:

alan36uk
04-10-2003, 09:54 AM
Plain and simple answer.... LAZY gits &#33;&#33;
I downloaded a 300 meg game
and it was a renamed one.
52 PEOPLE SHARING IT &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

LudicrousSpeed
04-12-2003, 04:26 PM
One thing you can do to protect yourself is look at the details of the file before downloading. Mouseover the file. Many times you&#39;ll see something completely different for a filename or suspicious keywords. So many people are lazy. They download the crap file, realize it&#39;s renamed crap, and then leave it in the share folder.

Wizzandabe
04-12-2003, 06:35 PM
its cos it happened to them. i HATE it too.

amphoteric88
04-13-2003, 12:24 AM
removed

Mazimba
04-13-2003, 01:58 AM
People rename files just because they can. They like fooling other ppl, deluding them so u spend all your time d/ling NHL 2003 only to find out its black and white .... ignorant, arrogant and quite fucking senseless ... but no matter, i dont use kazaa anyway ... its virus hell... and full of spackers... present company exempt :)

i use so many different and reliable methods that kazaa has become obsolete for me ... gl and hf guys

technonrgkid
04-13-2003, 06:55 AM
Yeah its bull, and this thread just becomes "release your stress on the dumb idiots on kazaa".

It really aggravted me on 56k taking all night to download a big file. Now i got dsl so it doesnt bother me as much, but still does.

what i usually do is on the search screen, i put the "filename" where the "Title name" starts out when you first install kazaa, this way i can see that instead of the title, the title seems to be pretty fake alot more than the file name is. i cant rememeber to many times downloading fake copies going by the file name, but it happened once or twice though. That and i check filesize, number of users, and the bandwith.

I use kazaa as a back up to mIRC alot, but i admit, kazaa download speeds are pretty high consistant.

swarnel
04-13-2003, 08:44 AM
the people who do that are just pathetic