PDA

View Full Version : Land of the dead

Guyver
06-22-2005, 04:45 AM
Anyone else looking forward to this? out this friday :D

Zombies like are smart and shit in this one i tihnk...

MCHeshPants420
06-22-2005, 06:54 AM
I'm looking forward to this too. We've had a relative glut of decent zombie films in recent times so it will be nice to see the innovator of zombie movies get a chance to revisit what is essentially his creations.

I suppose if we can accept Bub the zombie from Day of the Dead then more smart zombies isn't too much of a stretch. Let's just hope there's lots of people getting their christmas' fucked up by zombie hordes. :shifty:

hippychick
06-22-2005, 09:20 PM
This is one I can't wait too see the previews rawk. I liked night of the dead and dawn of the dead, but day of the dead started off good and got bad.

Another good one to check out is the Undead another zombie movie
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808631695&intl=us
It opens July 1st

Gripper
06-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Saw Undead a while ago,and it is a great little movie,lot of funny moments amongst the gore,think its an Aussie film,Land of the dead looks good,love that thing Dennis hopper says in the trailer,something like...ugh zombies creep me out :lol:

peat moss
06-24-2005, 02:00 AM
Saw Undead a while ago,and it is a great little movie,lot of funny moments amongst the gore,think its an Aussie film,Land of the dead looks good,love that thing Dennis hopper says in the trailer,something like...ugh zombies creep me out :lol:

I like Dennis Hopper . Trailer and review here :

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/628/628703p1.html?

MCHeshPants420
06-24-2005, 02:08 AM

I like Dennis Hopper . Trailer and review here :

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/628/628703p1.html?

I've liked Dennis Hopper until recently. He was woeful in House of 9 and just plain painful in Crow: Wicked Prayer. Hopefully he will redeem himself this film...

Been watching a lot of zombie movies this week (including the original Night of the Living Dead (which is public domain and thus legal to download)) to get me in the mood.

This post has been sponsered by parentheses.

peat moss
06-24-2005, 02:15 AM
I see Rob Zombie has one coming out this summer too. Devil's Rejects.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/the_devils_rejects/

McStabhappy
06-24-2005, 02:16 AM
I see Rob Zombie has one coming ou this summer too.

yea i want to see it

Busyman
06-24-2005, 02:37 AM
So now there's

Night Of The Living Dead and the remake
Dawn Of The Dead and the remake
Day Of The Dead
Land Of The Dead (which completes a quadrilogy)

The continuity is all fucked up though. :dry:

maebach
06-24-2005, 03:12 AM
my favourite was Shaun of the Dead, very funny

hippychick
06-24-2005, 03:19 AM
I see Rob Zombie has one coming out this summer too. Devil's Rejects.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/the_devils_rejects/
Yea this one is a sequel to house of 1000 corps...if you havent seen it yet, then you better dl it.

And speaking of Devils reject heres a pass for ppl in LA
Los Angeles, CA

followed by a Q&A with writer/director and massively hard rocker Rob Zombie

When: Tuesday, June 28th at 7:30 pm.
Where: Harmony Gold Theatre (385 Seats), 7655 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046.
Parking: There is free parking underneath and behind the theater and street parking (be careful to watch the signs).
http://www.creativescreenwriting.com/events.html

Smith
06-24-2005, 04:01 AM
Meh, the only zombie movie ive ever liked was Shawn of the Dead :cool:

Guyver
06-24-2005, 04:20 AM
Meh, the only zombie movie ive ever liked was Shawn of the Dead :cool:
the movie started out good, imo then it went to shit about 30 min in lol

Adster
06-24-2005, 09:04 AM
"yawn" another bad remake

MCHeshPants420
06-24-2005, 10:33 AM
"yawn" another bad remake

It's a sequel not a remake. ;)

3RA1N1AC
06-24-2005, 03:48 PM
So now there's

Night Of The Living Dead and the remake
Dawn Of The Dead and the remake
Day Of The Dead
Land Of The Dead (which completes a quadrilogy)

The continuity is all fucked up though. :dry:
well since characters do not survive from one Living Dead movie to the next and the sequels dont refer back to specific events in the previous ones, there's not really much continuity per se to fuck up. it's more like a problem of anachronism (things appearing & occuring in the wrong era): the rate of infection/destruction/decay at the beginning of each movie picks up approximately where the previous one left off, but then the fashions/tech/slang/attitudes etc jump ahead by many more years. by all rights the clock should've stopped on society & industry shortly after the zombies started tearing shit up in 1968.

i guess anachronism is a type of continuity problem, but it's not quite a classic continuity prob like "how come the dude's shirt is blue in one shot, and then it's red in the next shot, even though it's still the same scene?" it's more like, how those "modernized" Shakespeare movies are set in the completely wrong era but artistically it still works alright. by jumping forward like they do, the Living Dead movies introduce anachronisms, but then George Romero gets to make more relevant comments in the story about our contemporary society... so at least there's a benefit to it.

hippychick
06-30-2005, 03:13 PM
I saw this movie the otherday. It wasnt as gory as all the other zombie movies, it had more of a plot. Nice to see George A Romero back into making zombie movies.
But you would think that after years of killing zombies the living would learn to shot the zombies in the head :lol: and most of all wear some kind of body armour to protect themselves from infection.
It is entertaining with the smart zombie and the living getting dumber lol
But really not worth the cost of a big screen.