PDA

View Full Version : Problem playing DVD-Rs.

worldpease
06-22-2005, 07:53 AM
Since last week I've been having problems playing any DVD-R that I burn
using CloneDVD 2 (latest vertion).
I try to play them on my KOSS KS4102 Home Cinema, but when I put the disc in,
for a fraction of a secon you can see the movie title, the the screen kinda jumps and says Uncompatible disc.
But this movies work fine on my Philips DVP-642 and my SONY DVD Player.
Does anyone have any ideas or has had a similar problem?

lynx
06-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Do disks you burnt earlier still work? Have you changed anything, such as disk brand, software version?

If disks you burnt earlier no longer work then the problem must be in your KOSS unit. If so it is unlikely that anyone here is going to be able to help except with general advice.

If you haven't changed ANYTHING then your burner may be at fault. But sometimes it can be difficult to tell if there's been a change in your DVD-R disks.
Use Dvdinfo or something similar to compare the Media Code between older working disks and your current ones.

There were some really poor C grade disks with Ritek G05 dye manufactured late last year being sold as A grade. They are not suitable for video. Most of them are gone now but if you've got disks which aren't from a top supplier it's possible that you've got some of these.

worldpease
06-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Hey gusy,
please don't leave me alone here, Ok?
Well, in my dispare I've manage to notice that all the DVDs that I fail to play on the equipment I mentioned contain both the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders,
wile the ones that I can actually play on it (made before all this frustration began) have only the VIDEO_TS folder and I also used CloneDVD.
So, if the ones with only the VIDRO_TS folder played well, how the heck do I make it burn like that again.

and Lynx, I've tried the TDK-R (very crappy 50pk -BestBuy Special $11Dlls)
and the Maxel DVD-R (wich I bought just cus of this problem)
Im about to try a bran new Memorex DVD+RW that I didnt even new I had,
I've used one to burn another movie and it still works fine, I guess this will be
the decisive point.

muchspl3
06-22-2005, 11:39 PM
I only use dvd shrink
sometimes I have to rip the HD to my HD first but most of the time I only need shrink

maybe give that a try

lynx
06-23-2005, 01:27 AM
I notice you managed to ignore all my questions except the one about different disks.

All standard disks have VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders, so that's probably not your problem.

worldpease
06-23-2005, 02:30 AM
As I mentioned I would do,
I burned a movie using the Memorex DVD+RW and
it worked fine on all players, anyway, I'd better sell this
PC after it gets more faulty. ...lol.

Peerzy
06-23-2005, 02:54 AM
Yes sell your pc, insted of replacing the £40 damaged part.