PDA

View Full Version : headsets where u plug in?

ooo
06-23-2005, 02:33 PM
If you had a headset say this

http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/26-106-501-02.JPG

and a soundcard say these holes

http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/29-130-001-01.JPG

where would you plug it in?

vivitron 15
06-23-2005, 02:38 PM
match the colors up :D

ooo
06-23-2005, 02:46 PM
lol theres no black hole =) n theres no red one lol

RPerry
06-23-2005, 02:50 PM

do you have a green one ? thats where mine is plugged in ;)

Lion7718
06-23-2005, 02:56 PM
1 plug is for the Headphone, the other for the Mic....
I would just try plugging 1 in at a time till you got it to work..
On mine, the Pink/Red is for the Mic, Black is Headphone

Gripper
06-23-2005, 03:05 PM

do you have a green one ? thats where mine is plugged in ;)
mines the green one as well, for headphones,though you can get some programs where you can alter which does what :)

ooo
06-23-2005, 03:07 PM
the mic i got the headphone one doesnt work =/ shouldnt any headphone work?

ooo
06-23-2005, 03:09 PM
isnt greeen speakers though lol

ooo
06-23-2005, 03:10 PM
now i got no speakers =( lol

Virtualbody1234
06-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Plug it into the speaker out. Usually green.

ooo
06-23-2005, 03:43 PM
Yea that works but then that means theres no speakers =( Does anyone know whats a good mic from newegg.com ? After I get money this summer, I'm going to get myself a real webcam and a headset lol, I'm using my ati all in wonder right now and plugging my digital cam in and using that as my web cam =)

Virtualbody1234
06-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Yea that works but then that means theres no speakers =(
When you connect speakers to the soundcard then you can plug your headphones into the speakers.

Lots of speaker sets have a headphone jack.

Example:

http://www.yamahamultimedia.com/yec/images/speakers/ystm101.jpg

GepperRankins
06-23-2005, 04:58 PM
you can run speakers and mic through one jack? :huh:

lynx
06-23-2005, 06:48 PM
you can run speakers and mic through one jack? :huh:That's what I thought at first, but look carefully, there are 2 jacks.

now i got no speakers =( lolWhy would you want headphones AND speakers? :frusty:

Does your system have front panel audio connectors? If so, simply plug them in there.

Spicker
06-23-2005, 09:00 PM
well doesnt ur soundcard have to be pre-amplified?

if the sound card does not amplify the sound willl be really low volume this is where powered speakers come in to play...as they amplify the sound....

but now days many sound cards are amplified while there are still some that arent amplified...for ex. i bought a sound card for my old P2, 2 years ago and i had to buy amplified speakers i couldnt use normal speakers that were not powered...

just my 2 cents... :01:

ooo
06-23-2005, 10:33 PM
My speaker has a slot for headset, but I was wondering if you could plug in both, cause I wanna get a headset, and that requires a headphone and a mic slot, i dont want one wire here and one wire there, and some times I dont want to use headphones, i rahter use the speaker at times

dudevenezuela
06-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Probably it's no working because some JUMPER on the the motherboard...

The jumper that sets Internal Audio or SoundCard

ooo
06-23-2005, 10:40 PM
sound cards working, i know cause i plugged alotta stuff onto it lol, i have 3 holes filled, i use an ati all in wonder so i gotta plug something from video card onto my soundcard for the sound to work

HCT
06-24-2005, 12:17 AM
just buy a usb headset

ooo
06-24-2005, 12:44 AM
they connect to pc? i got a hs810 moto for my e398 moto cell lol

Mïcrösöül°V³
06-24-2005, 01:16 AM
Heres what I do:
I have Creative speakers with the little pod that has the volume control and bass control on it, it also has a headphone jack (just like what most desktop speakers have built into the front of them, like what VB showed)). I went to radioshack and bought an extension wire to make the mic wire longer to reach the back of my pc. I leave the mic plugged in all the time, and when I want to switch to speakers, I just reach up and pull the jack out of the pod, and speakers are back on, and vice-versey. heres a pic, and yes, my floor is dirty, and Im itching to use my digital camera :P Oh, the crap you see on the floor is from pistachios I was eating while watching a movie. And the little connector between the mic jack and the extension wire also came from radioshack. Its a male to male connector.
http://netmicro.org/wire.gif

ooo
06-24-2005, 02:07 AM
can u link me to the product online? thanks

edit
-------
@jaigandhi5

dont u guys sometimes find this annoying?

4 pages of whining and not being able to buy some part or something
3 pages to take dust out of a computer
2 almost 3 now pages to talk about which jack do the headphones go in (and the the problem is yet to be solved )

Was just asking a question... I know where a headphone can go, obviously it can go in the green hole cause thats where the speaker goes, and theres a hole in my speaker for a headset. Just asking questions.

Spicker
06-24-2005, 02:21 AM
can u link me to the product online? thanks

edit
-------
@jaigandhi5

dont u guys sometimes find this annoying?

4 pages of whining and not being able to buy some part or something
3 pages to take dust out of a computer
2 almost 3 now pages to talk about which jack do the headphones go in (and the the problem is yet to be solved )

Was just asking a question... I know where a headphone can go, obviously it can go in the green hole cause thats where the speaker goes, and theres a hole in my speaker for a headset. Just asking questions.
i know, im sorry im not trying to pick on anyone...

just that threads recently have been truly ridiculous

ooo
06-24-2005, 10:24 AM
Thats what forums are for, thats how they've always been, what you expect, people just come to talk and ask questions

Spicker
06-24-2005, 11:01 AM
Thats what forums are for, thats how they've always been, what you expect, people just come to talk and ask questions
Theres 2 kinds of questions...

1> ones that really need other peoples help to get answered, in another words something u cant find teh solution to on google.

2>Ones that are completely ridiculous and can be easily answered with one search on google and the first result usually gives u the answer....for ex. diff between SATA and ATA etc.

therers a 3rd type of question as well...and that is when it really isnt a question that can be answered, im sure LP can help u with that :lol: ;)

EDIT: im trying to start some sort of war here...

Mïcrösöül°V³
06-25-2005, 12:41 AM
If everyone just googled everything, then forums wouldnt exist. Its nice to have a real person help rather than read meandering crap that some idiot may have posted on Imanidiot.com. This IS the reason forums exist, and I know some people get upset about 10 threads with the same topic, but SO WHAT. I cant see getting upset about it, I personally dont live IN the internet, so all the extra posts and stuff arent filling up my house or anything. I, personally, would re-answer anything that I know the answer to, just because its the nice thing to do, not simply give the "google is your friend" response, or the "use the search feature" and simply shun people. Well, here I go, starting a fight :P

@soul814, do you not have a radioshack you can visit in person? I am assuming you asked me for a link to the product online. I will look for you, but its much easier to go to the store and ask, but I will try. :)

ooo
06-25-2005, 02:26 AM
There's radio shacks around me lol but its easier if I can see the product =) so I can check online if its cheaper, I'll order one when I get money. lol *starts a war* forums are meant to ask questions, its reliable and quick, when I have a problem I usually ask forums =)

Mïcrösöül°V³
06-25-2005, 02:39 AM
The best I can remember, the extension wire and the male to male connector cost about 10 bucks or so. I dont think it gets much cheaper, lol :)