PDA

View Full Version : The White Stripes - Get Behing Me Satan

BigBank_Hank
06-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Anyone else heard this mess of an album yet? This is by far The White Stripes weakest work. The songs are kind of all over the place and have a real pop music kind of sound to them.

I was excited about this album after Jack White’s work on the Loretta Lynn album, which was an instant classic.

This album was very disappointing to me.

lipa
06-23-2005, 05:50 PM
i have it, but neer listened to it... and your post didn't encourage me ;] so i thing it'll have to wait some more time... maybe the reason why i haven't listened to it yet is that there were only a few songs i liked from the previous album.

S!X
06-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Yes, I downloaded this and thought it was horrible. Every song sucks.

Lilmiss
06-27-2005, 12:00 AM
I bought their first album, downloaded the second, not even gonna bother with this one. Shame, thought they had potential.

Seen a bit of them playing Glastonbury, they are just not tight enough to be a live band, imo.

shannon26
06-27-2005, 07:51 AM
I seem to be on the oposite fence of the comments so far, I believe that yes it is different from there previous 4 albums and not as "hard core". But at the same time I really did believe that Jack was ready and needed to experiment with a different style like he had mentioned he wanted to numerous times.

So my finale judgement... Excellent album, will gain many new fans, but may discourage some of there fans that have always only liked there "hardcore" songs! (which have dominated most of there previous work)

ahctlucabbuS
06-27-2005, 09:15 AM
I will check it out before I pass judgement,

the four previous ones where good.

GepperRankins
06-27-2005, 06:43 PM
wtf? how many albums do they have?

S!X
06-27-2005, 06:45 PM
wtf? how many albums do they have?

2, There first one was called elephant, the second and most latest. "Get behind me satan".

GepperRankins
06-27-2005, 06:52 PM
nu-uh. i thought that for a second. fell in love with a girl is on white blood cells not elephant. which is odd considering it's their best song you never hear anyone talk about the album :unsure:

GrandMonkey
06-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Destijl, White blood cells, the white stripes, elephant and get behind me satan. These are the 5 albums they have.
I personally like get behind me satan, just took a few more listens to it, than the rest of them. Think the white stripes were always an aquired taste.

S!X
06-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Meh, I only knew of elephant and this new one, never heard of those others.

ahctlucabbuS
06-27-2005, 09:15 PM
If you liked Elephant you'll enjoy White Blood Cells, maybe even the two previous to that one...

S!X
06-27-2005, 09:42 PM
If you liked Elephant you'll enjoy White Blood Cells, maybe even the two previous to that one...

I did like some songs off elephant :)

brotherdoobie
06-28-2005, 12:03 AM
Destijl, White blood cells, the white stripes, elephant and get behind me satan. These are the 5 albums they have.
I personally like get behind me satan, just took a few more listens to it, than the rest of them. Think the white stripes were always an aquired taste.

I agree... The White Stripes are an acquired taste. I like their minimalist approach to music, paired with Jacks songwriting skills...you have a pretty decent band. I enjoyed all of their albums, including the latest.

They also had a British import,titled Maximum. :)

Peace bd

Smith
06-28-2005, 12:52 AM
I didnt like the first one, so im taking a educated guess and saying that i wont like the second.

Lilmiss
06-30-2005, 12:19 AM
Kinda like that "Doorbell" song, which I think is due for release. :blushing:

peat moss
06-30-2005, 05:37 AM
Their a studio band , I mean come on a drumer and a guitar player ? I like their music . I'm 50 but I like the stlye Its refreshing , and honest.

Gemby!
07-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Kinda like that "Doorbell" song, which I think is due for release. :blushing:

:01: i like that song

Grisbi
08-05-2005, 11:08 PM
I liked Elephant and White Blood Cell, I haven't checked out this one yet but I've heard their single, Blue Orchid. There isn't too much to say about that song but those shoes that the model (I believe she's now Jack's wife?) is wearing in the video must kill.