PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Horror

Bebi
06-23-2005, 10:50 PM
I am requesting of anyone knows any similar films to these japanese horror ones:

The Grudges
Ringu's
Dark Water
The Eye/The Eye 2

I quite like this type of horror and does anybody recommend any films that have the same style of it?

Guillaume
06-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Kiyoshi Kurosawa's Kairo (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0286751/) is quite good. :thumbsup:

{I}{K}{E}
06-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Oldboy is really good (Korean) not an horror but Mystery / Thriller

mr. nails
12-13-2005, 09:15 AM
i just watched the movie dark water just cuz. i did not know it was of japanese nature. pretty good movie i thought. i'm looking for the japanese equivalent. this movie is called, "Honogurai mizu no soko kara." i can't seem to find it. does someone have a bt site or something where i can acquire this great film? thx.

Cheese
12-13-2005, 10:53 AM
I am requesting of anyone knows any similar films to these japanese horror ones:

The Grudges
Ringu's
Dark Water
The Eye/The Eye 2

I quite like this type of horror and does anybody recommend any films that have the same style of it?

Don't just limit yourself to Japanese horror films:

Tale of Two Sisters (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365376/) (Korean) is pretty much a given if you like these sort of films. It's not very often that a film scares me like this one.

Shutter (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0440803/)(Thai) is another genuinly scary film that only the Asian film makers seem able to pull off.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
12-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Possessed 1 & 2
One Missed Call 1 & 2
The Eye 10
3...Extremes
The Park
The Death Curse
Night Corridor
Tales Of Terror 1-4
Dark Tales Of Japan
The Boy From Hell
Kansen
Cursed
Toyko Pyscho
Cello
The Wig
Voice
Red Eye
Life Is Journey
The Doll Master
Face
Deadfriend
The Legend Of The Evil Lake
Into The Mirror
Wishing Stairs
The Uninvited

Need more? :lol: BTW, only one of the movies of the 5 you listed are actually Japanese.

ApacNTS
12-13-2005, 10:26 PM
i think "the audition" was listed as a horror movie, i know it got amention on the top 100 horror movie moments this year.

mr. nails
12-14-2005, 06:17 AM
BTW, only one of the movies of the 5 you listed are actually Japanese.
u mean of those he posted one isn't japanese. also, looking forward to seeing ur 3 extremes!

HeavyMetalParkingLot
12-14-2005, 12:59 PM
BTW, only one of the movies of the 5 you listed are actually Japanese.
u mean of those he posted one isn't japanese. also, looking forward to seeing ur 3 extremes!

No, only one of those he listed is Japanese.

Edit: You're a couple weeks too late on 3...Extremes, you could have seen it at the Dobie theater.

mr. nails
12-14-2005, 08:07 PM
...you could have seen it at the Dobie theater.
damn, wanted to see that. hrm, have to do a search now.

SingaBoiy
12-15-2005, 07:27 AM
i think "the audition" was listed as a horror movie, i know it got amention on the top 100 horror movie moments this year.
Have to agree. Although it isnt a horror movie, it is quit creepy. :ph34r:

mr. nails
12-27-2005, 11:51 AM
i just recieved the asian version of dark water and 3 extremes. i did get english subs also! weee.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
12-27-2005, 03:08 PM
i just recieved the asian version of dark water and 3 extremes. i did get english subs also! weee.

Most Asian dvds will have the English subs. The downside is that the extras very seldom have them.

BTW, don't forget to pick up 3, 3...extremes is actually a sequel.

mr. nails
12-27-2005, 08:07 PM

Most Asian dvds will have the English subs. The downside is that the extras very seldom have them.

most asian movies i get don't have english subs. that's why i'm happy about these. are u pulling my leg on 3,3?

HeavyMetalParkingLot
12-28-2005, 07:20 PM

most asian movies i get don't have english subs. that's why i'm happy about these. are u pulling my leg on 3,3?

3 was the first film, simply 3 shorts.

3...Extremes was an unrelated sequel, but if you see it, may as well see 3.

BTW the proper name is 3...Monsters.

mr. nails
12-29-2005, 05:37 AM

i have the 3 shorts entitled "the box", "dumplings", and then "the cut." haven't seen this monsters one yet. i do have the audition in my queue. hopefully that one will be good as well.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
12-29-2005, 01:38 PM

i have the 3 shorts entitled "the box", "dumplings", and then "the cut." haven't seen this monsters one yet. i do have the audition in my queue. hopefully that one will be good as well.

That is 3...Monsters, it was just retitled as 3...Extremes in non-Asian countries.

And don't forget to pick up the expanded version of Dumpling. They produced a full length version of it sold seperately.