PDA

View Full Version : Video Problem HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-=Cyrus=-
06-27-2005, 07:05 AM
I just got XP pro on Friday (Legal) and did a clean format and install but it wasn’t until yesterday I tried to play a video in Windows Media player 9 that I found this problem.

The problem is when I view videos in WMP it looks like the gamma has been altered and also noise has been added to the video this happens with

.wmv
.avi
.mpg
.asf

I tried opening them in winamp but it playes them the same so I tried a .avi in quicktime and it plays fine.

I did install all my software before trying this so I don’t know if its what I have installed all I installed was:

Office, Photoshop, Premier Pro, Dreamweaver and Half-life 2

How do I fix this?

Thanks

99%
06-27-2005, 07:23 AM
have you installed the latest video & audio codecs
if not see the "sticky's" here http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f39-Codecs.html

-=Cyrus=-
06-27-2005, 07:35 AM
Just installed 249f and still the same problem, I even tried to install WMP 10 and the same things any other ideas?

RealitY
06-27-2005, 07:42 AM
Maybe try VideoLan and see what you get to narrow it down a bit...

-=Cyrus=-
06-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Ok all been doing my busy since the last post and I can see the video’s fine in the following:

Quicktime
Vrtualdub
Premier Pro
WMP Classic

Does this help?

-=Cyrus=-
06-27-2005, 08:56 AM
I have just noticed in the premier project area where you can preview the videos it’s the same as WMP but when put onto the timeline its fine

Dark Steno
06-27-2005, 09:10 AM
How about updating your WMP 9 to WMP 10?

-=Cyrus=-
06-27-2005, 09:27 AM
@Dark Steno: Tried :-(

Virtualbody1234
06-27-2005, 10:14 AM
What graphics card with what drivers are you using?

-=Cyrus=-
06-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Nvidia and the latest. My friend said it might be Premier Pro that is causeing this?.......

kazaa2002
06-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Nvidia and the latest. My friend said it might be Premier Pro that is causeing this?.......

Hi Cyrus, I do not think it is Premier Pro. Vb asked for cards and driver.
The reason is some info about your pc is helpful and that
sp2 has had issues with nvidea cards on pc's...may I suggest you

try this.....uninstall the player
uninstall the codec and codec packs
uninstall the graphics card drivers

then in reverse reinstall drivers,codecs and player.

by installing sp2, it sometimes changes things, this
usually works to reset your pc.

-=Cyrus=-
06-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Ok so tried LOADS of things and still it didn’t fix it so I decided to format lol. Installed all the basics within the hour and I then did a save point and then installed the rest apart from the following

Updated audio drivers
Updated NVIDIA drivers
Premier pro

So everything at this point was still ok so did another save point. I decided to install Premier 6.5 what I was using on win98 and WOW it all works…..so I can only think that it was one of those three things.

I would have liked to keep premier pro as the improvements to the way it worked and ran was very nice…ah well better to have a working PC than not lol

Thanks for all the help guys just wish it got sorted and i didnt need to format it ah well back to a working PC now :-)