PDA

View Full Version : Lions Team for the Second Test.

manker
06-29-2005, 09:39 AM
British & Irish Lions: Josh Lewsey; Jason Robinson, Gareth Thomas (captain,), Gavin Henson, Shane Williams; Jonny Wilkinson, Dwayne Peel; Gethin Jenkins, Steve Thompson, Julian White; Paul O'Connell, Donncha O'Callaghan; Simon Easterby, Lewis Moody, Ryan Jones.

Well done Clive Woodward, I've been harsh on him because of his refusal to pick form players - but now he has done just that, so I can hardly complain.

The back division, Wilkinson for Jones apart, is just as I'd have chosen. The forwards could do with a slightly more experienced member of the back row, maybe Easterby or Moody missing out in favour of Martin Williams or Corry. Plus if Mefyn Davies had been selected to tour, he'd be the Lions hooker by now but he wasn't and Thompson is the best of a very, very bad bunch.

I watched the Lions, and 5 try Shane Williams in particular, destroy NZ part timers Manawatu yesterday morning and cannot wait to see this test on Saturday. If we win, it's going to be a loooooong ole day in teh pub :D

peat moss
06-30-2005, 01:00 AM
The best tackle was the one on the streaker, with the cell phone . ;)

Biggles
07-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Good Luck to the Lions.

This is a better team. However, they should have had two three outings together in the warm ups to gel. We trustung a tad too much to good fortune here.

manker
07-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Indeed, there is no substitute for match practice.

I think we'll get bearten again but will give them a bit of a scare. It'll be a good match and I can't wait ... just incase we do win :D

JPaul
07-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Is this the "literate chaps letting it slide" thread.

If so, count me in.

manker
07-01-2005, 11:45 PM
3-2-1 Go!

JPaul
07-02-2005, 12:16 AM
:lol:
:git:

manker
07-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Brilliant game, we got completely stuffed by the best All Blacks team I've ever seen but can come out of it with heads held high.

Our backs, with the exception of Lewsey, Robinson and the magnificent Thomas, missed more tackles than they made but our forwards played to the best of their ability to a man. We gave them a bit of a fright early doors but they had too much for us. Carter, their outside half, was untouchable.