PDA

View Full Version : Pruning Attachments

Hanz™
06-29-2005, 10:18 PM
BTW it would be nice if you would delete all of the old NZBS posted here that are no longer on the servers.
And if you could make some sort of dupe checker for NZB posters...

JPaul
06-29-2005, 10:20 PM
BTW it would be nice if you would delete all of the old NZBS posted here that are no longer on the servers.

Good point, well presented.

Or closed the threads, indicating that the file was no longer available.

RealitY
06-30-2005, 05:35 PM
The current attchments on the whole boiard are around 25mb which is not much to worry about for now. As for pruning them as far as I can see it can be done but is mostly a manual process in the panel and a bit time consuming. If I have some spare time soon I will prune them when I get a chance...

Hanz™
06-30-2005, 05:38 PM
The current attchments on the whole boiard are around 25mb which is not much to worry about for now. As for pruning them as far as I can see it can be done but is mostly a manual process in the panel and a bit time consuming. If I have some spare time soon I will prune them when I get a chance...
Push to get something automatic for the NZB section... Maybe after 50 days delete an NZB???

RealitY
06-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Maybe I can check if theres a vb hack to delete attchments by age and section as that would make it simple...

JPaul
06-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Good thinking. Automatic would be best.

It would be nice to know that if the nzb is here then the download is still available.

RealitY
06-30-2005, 07:44 PM
It would be nice to know that if the nzb is here then the download is still available.
Thats rather difficult anywat as some such as those using their ISP have access for as little as 3 days whereas those using payservers may have access for up to 40 days depending on which server their using. I think using the 50 day mark is good way to go as at that point I dont think there any servers that would still have a binarie available. If nothing less its just a good thought to lighten up the database here at least...

RealitY
07-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Ive done a basic pruning at 50 days for now...

RealitY
09-09-2005, 08:25 PM
All attachments within the section prior to 40 days have been pruned again now.
With the new layout now it should be simpler to have this automated now...

tesco
09-09-2005, 08:50 PM
When it gets near the 50 day mark i will make teh script to remove all nzb files over 50 days. (it will be run daily).