PDA

View Full Version : Need good video edtiing software.

Smith
06-30-2005, 08:51 PM
Alrite heres the problem. Me and a few people are making a trailer using fraps for a mod thats comming out for BF1942 soon. I need some good editing software so i can make it.

I want it to look like this: Black screen with text, fade in to video, fade out, black screen with text, fade in video, fade out and so on.

Anyone got some suggestions?

abu_has_the_power
06-30-2005, 09:12 PM
the stuff u need is simple. u can do them on windows movie maker

for the pimpy pro stuff, i recommend sony vegas and adobe premiere

Smith
06-30-2005, 10:34 PM
Ok, i wil get adobe premiere and test it out. Thanks :D

GepperRankins
06-30-2005, 10:41 PM
sony vegas teh rocka. probably not as powerful as premiere but it's powerful enough and a lot easier to use

Rick Phlegm
07-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Premiere's probably the best bet if you're looking for powerful, flexible software that's easy to use. The transitions are pretty easy to do along with text etc.

Peerzy
07-01-2005, 01:12 AM
Adobe Premier, although im very new, infact i don't even know how to add text. I've had to photoshop an image with text then add it to a movie as a still when i've needed to do it :(

Anyone have any good websites with easy/basic tut's and guides.

Rick Phlegm
07-01-2005, 01:20 AM
There's a few decent tutorials here (http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?tools=75&madeby=&formatconversionselect=&howtoselect=%3B&orderby=Date&listall=1&hits=25&archive=0&listallusers=&search=Search+or+List+Guides) .

There's a few video tutorials in there as well. One of them apparently shows you how to make a Star Wars style opening sequence, but I haven't tried it.