PDA

View Full Version : What kind of area do you live in?

TFFTn
07-01-2005, 01:42 AM
OK. I thought I would ask this as I dont think Its been asked in this forum before.

What kind of area do YOU live in? Personaly I live in an area where people sell drugs, get massed up everyday and you cant walk the streets unless you have a little fighting talk in you. Obviousy theres people that are not like that but...many are.

Its quite sad how its like that but hey, thats the cards Ive been given in life, I constantly have to live upto a rep where Im not idiot that cant be picked on, but really Im just a guy that wants to cain the net, walk tha steets and not fear being the GONK that everone hates.

Just the reality of my life. What about you guyz?

Tikibonbon
07-01-2005, 02:08 AM
In trying to figure out wtf a gonk was, this is the first definition i found...

gonk - To be beaten to death by a large black rubber dildo.

just wondering.....do you OFTEN put your self in a position to be beaten to death with a large black rubber dildo??????

Peerzy
07-01-2005, 02:12 AM
OK. I thought I would ask this as I dont think Its been asked in this forum before.

What kind of area do YOU live in? Personaly I live in an area where people sell drugs, get massed up everyday and you cant walk the streets unless you have a little fighting talk in you. Obviousy theres people that are not like that but...many are.

Its quite sad how its like that but hey, thats the cards Ive been given in life, I constantly have to live upto a rep where Im not idiot that cant be picked on, but really Im just a guy that wants to cain the net, walk tha steets and not fear being the GONK that everone hates.

I think someones mashed :rolleyes:

MCHeshPants420
07-01-2005, 02:17 AM
A middle-class area.:snooty:

tesco
07-01-2005, 02:19 AM
Small town. 15,000 people i think. expanding tho.
1 high school and a lot of elemntary schools, no colleges.
hmm, a lot of people here sell and do drugs, but it's not like a gang city or whatever...no murders or shootings or anything really.

Pretyt boring town. not much to do. ;)

Smith
07-01-2005, 03:02 AM
Bout the same as rossco, 1 highschool, 2 grade schools. Its being developed ALOT now though, theres all kinds of new stuff going up. Which is good because i used to live in the city, where the movie theatre and mall where 10 min away, now its a 30-40 min drive.

Teh city rox.

tesco
07-01-2005, 03:14 AM
Bout the same as rossco, 1 highschool, 2 grade schools. Its being developed ALOT now though, theres all kinds of new stuff going up. Which is good because i used to live in the city, where the movie theatre and mall where 10 min away, now its a 30-40 min drive.

Teh city rox.
I have a small movie theatre about 5 minute walk from here. :01:
Also a hockey arena is right down the street, along with new skate park.

People are talking about a mall being built some time in the next few years :D

micolithe
07-01-2005, 03:33 AM
Rural PA, but in New Jersey.

My graduating class from high school was 215 people, and that's three relatively small towns.
But I have to drive out of the county to do anything other than go to the Mountain Creek snowboard/skiiing/skateboarding/water park.

Smith
07-01-2005, 03:39 AM
Sounds like my town rossco. Our movie theatre used to be a ww2 armoury :lol:

Its called the roxy, it smells like cat piss, thats why i drive to famous in pickering.

tesco
07-01-2005, 03:58 AM
Sounds like my town rossco. Our movie theatre used to be a ww2 armoury :lol:

Its called the roxy, it smells like cat piss, thats why i drive to famous in pickering.
:lol:
well ours is fairly new i think...it has 4 or 5 theatres in it, not too bad.
They're just not big and nice like silver city. ;)

@micolithe, is this a grade 8/elementry school graduation or high school graduation you're talking about?

My grade 8 one was about 70 people, my high school one will be about 300-400.

maebach
07-01-2005, 05:10 AM
i live in burlington, 150,000 people, pretty big. alot of forests and trees so alot of bush party's and tons of high schools and elementary schools.

MagicNakor
07-01-2005, 05:47 AM
Um, I live in a cave. Hobbes and Clocker have stolen my sock drawer.

:shuriken:

NikkiD
07-01-2005, 06:25 AM
i live in burlington, 150,000 people, pretty big. alot of forests and trees so alot of bush party's and tons of high schools and elementary schools.

You're not far from me - I'm about half an hour southwest of Hamilton.

I'm in a small town (5,000ish people), pretty much out in the sticks, usually quiet (though there'll be about 50,000 people here later today for Canada Day). The kids can ride their bikes and skateboards without me having to worry like mad about traffic, and the worst drug problem we have is weed (which I do myself sometimes). I'm about 100 yards from the lake, ten minutes walk to the beach, parks everywhere you look. Fun in summer, boring in winter. The closest decent mall and movie theatre are 30 minutes away, but that's kind of a good thing, it saves me money. The only thing I really miss about Toronto though, is being able to order food at 3 am AND have it delivered. I'm really missing that right now actually, I'm craving Swiss Chalet.

bigboab
07-01-2005, 06:38 AM
Um, I live in a cave. Hobbes and Clocker have stolen my sock drawer.

:shuriken:

Do you mean Hobbes alias Clocker?:lol:

peat moss
07-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Middle class on a cul de sac. Best way to raise little ones . Our back yard opens on to a green space the size of a football field. Sure sucks to be me when I have to fire up the frigging lawnmower tho . :)

Dark Steno
07-01-2005, 06:53 AM
Kinda like that plus some other things.

A religious (and maybe a bit racist) middle-class area. :snooty:

bigboab
07-01-2005, 07:29 AM

Does this mean that you lookdown your nose at any Honkies that move into your area? :lol:

manker
07-01-2005, 07:57 AM
I live in a village, I've really no idea how many people live here.

Working class area.

Dark Steno
07-01-2005, 08:00 AM

Does this mean that you lookdown your nose at any Honkies that move into your area? :lol:
:schnauz: Better kick their asses.

sArA
07-01-2005, 08:18 AM
I also live in a village that is almost connected to another village. This means there is a little rivalry when it comes to carnival day and which pub you go to, but nothing serious unless you want to get involved. Drugs are available if you know who to see but there aren't any serious marauders....the odd boy racer and moped racing around but its pretty safe and I can let the kids out without worrying too much. Its 15 mins from the local town but 30 mins from the nearest cinema and is surrounded by fields and trees. I guess its a pretty average sort of place but nothing to do except go to the pub.

Dark Steno
07-01-2005, 08:20 AM
Almost everyone is religious (especially the elders) in this 100,000 population of city. So they say no to drugs/weed/alcohol/etc.

TFFTn
07-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Middle class on a cul de sac. Best way to raise little ones . Our back yard opens on to a green space the size of a football field. Sure sucks to be me when I have to fire up the frigging lawnmower tho . :)

Oh that sound like a nice place man :(

I open my door and theres prostitutes hanging about. I live like a 5 minutes walk from our main town centre and where ever theres prostitutes theres drugs and we all know the package that comes with drugs.

Its fucking shit here...need to get out of this dump :cry:

Mr. Mulder
07-01-2005, 11:31 AM
a local village, for local people – there's nothing for you here :snooty:

TFFTn
07-01-2005, 11:35 AM
:)

That sound nice Mulder, somehwere with a little peace and quite, I really am sick of the city, Ive lived here all my life, its just I have ties here at the moment.

I think Ill be moving to the US or something in a few years once Ive greaduated, Clear the mind a little

Snee
07-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Small town, 7000+ people.
Prolly moving, soon.

Can get drugs and stuff if I want here, or in a nearby city.
Can get robbed and bashed with a baseball bat too, if I feel like doing that.

The thing is, everywhere is bad if you know where to look.
If the place is really so bad you can't go out without getting in trouble, or you have to act like a muppet just to "survive", then you are an idiot for staying.

Afronaut
07-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Lame.
I suspect this area is lame.

I dont go out that much thought, I could be horridly wrong imo.

TFFTn
07-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Nah, its not as bad as your saying there, but you cant really look like an idiot or you will be prey. The thing that does my head in is the state of the place, smack and crack head walking about and shit.

Discust me :shutup: ...like I said, ill be leaving this place ASAP.

Mr. Mulder
07-01-2005, 12:55 PM
:)

That sound nice Mulder, somehwere with a little peace and quite, I really am sick of the city, Ive lived here all my life, its just I have ties here at the moment.

I think Ill be moving to the US or something in a few years once Ive greaduated, Clear the mind a little

i wouldn't recommend a village, everything is miles away and the people smell funny, plus there's the flesh eating goblins :ermm:

GepperRankins
07-01-2005, 12:57 PM
new skatepark seems to have put a damper on the kids drinking and taking drugs. hooray for wakefield council :01:

bigboab
07-01-2005, 01:00 PM
I stay in a town of about 50 thousand inhabitants. Reasonably quiet, though it does have a couple of 'rough' areas. As I've said before the Mujahadin trained there for a while. Until the dole started forcing them to post 7 job applications a week or lose their benefits.

As you can see on the webcam there is very little traffic. It is all just out of camera shot. Sitting on bricks. Up until a few years ago the local council flew the Hammer and Sickle at their offices(No joke).

Other than the above the town has a lot of amemities. One College five secondary schools and numerous primary schools. A large hospital. A very large library/museum. A football team that plays at Rugby Park(Says it all:lol:) I stay about 2miles from the town centre on the edge of a country park. I can walk into the cente of the town alongside the river and through parkland all the way.:)

P.S. I almost forgot. It is the home of Johnnie Walker Whisky.:)

Snee
07-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Wot webcam? :unsure:

bigboab
07-01-2005, 01:12 PM
http://www.east-ayrshire.gov.uk/com...ebcams/cam1.asp (http://www.east-ayrshire.gov.uk/comser/tourism/webcams/cam1.asp)

Sorry Snny it was in another thread.:(

lynx
07-01-2005, 01:40 PM
I think you should go and give us another wave.

Guillaume
07-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Up until a few years ago the local council flew the Hammer and Sickle at their offices(No joke).
You're saying it as if it was a bad thing.

Anyway, my neighbourhood is comprised of post-WWII buildings that didn't age very well, as did the inhabitants... Crime is pretty nonexistent here, but move for only a couple of hundreds of meters and it's drugs and whores galore.

Guillaume
07-01-2005, 01:42 PM

Is there a special bit of software I've got to install, cos I can't see anything on that cam, and I definitely want to have a glimpse of Boabland.

TFFTn
07-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Up until a few years ago the local council flew the Hammer and Sickle at their offices(No joke).
You're saying it as if it was a bad thing.

Anyway, my neighbourhood is comprised of post-WWII buildings that didn't age very well, as did the inhabitants... Crime is pretty nonexistent here, but move for only a couple of hundreds of meters and it's drugs and whores galore.

You get that in alot of places, Its like theres an invisible border, one part is fucked the other isent.

An extreme example is somewhere like China, Goat and carrage next to a BMW on the same road :wacko: whats that about :blink:

lynx
07-01-2005, 01:54 PM

Is there a special bit of software I've got to install, cos I can't see anything on that cam, and I definitely want to have a glimpse of Boabland.It should just appear in your browser. Maybe it is blocked somehow. Peerguardian?

It's quite funny atm, there's quite a few small birds flying about but the camera isn't fast enough to get a clear image so they look like ghostly streaks.

Guillaume
07-01-2005, 01:59 PM
It should just appear in your browser. Maybe it is blocked somehow. Peerguardian?
Nope.
Won't work in FF or IE.

Busyman
07-01-2005, 02:00 PM

I live in a farm rural area. My street has a horse riding stable, strawberry orchard, etc.

I have one neighbor..woods to left, back, and across the street from me.

There are frogs, slugs, and weird ass spiders with huge red back-sides :blink: .

There is plenty of development on my street (which is very long) but to my left there is an electrical tower in the woods (about 300 feet away) so I don't have to worry about "new houses" popping up around.

I used to live in da hood and have been in many fights coming up as well.

It's up to you change your situation and also be lucky. I have done my dirt but been fortunate enough to have never been arrested.

I don't know how old you are (I assume high-school) but stay in the books without becoming a geek. Despite where I lived, I was a high-honor student in a program that had me taking college courses in high-school. Yet I could still go outside and knock someone out.

lynx
07-01-2005, 02:24 PM
It should just appear in your browser. Maybe it is blocked somehow. Peerguardian?
Nope.
Won't work in FF or IE.Do you get a box saying "Camera Image"?

bigboab
07-01-2005, 02:57 PM

You just missed me. I passed by there at 3 p.m. If you were watching and saw someone signing autographs, that was me.:lol::lol:

Guillaume
07-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Nope.
Yes.

Some missing plug-in? :unsure:

Lilmiss
07-01-2005, 04:18 PM
I hate my town.

I'm just praying for the day I get kidnapped.

Snee
07-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Nope.
It asks if you want to install a piece of software called "Axis"-something.

Seemed harmless so I let it do that, but Gurahl may be blocking it with some security thing. It might even be xp that's doing it.

EDit: It's ActiveX.

Guillaume
07-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Do you get a box saying "Camera Image"?
It asks if you want to install a piece of software called "Axis"-something.

Seemed harmless so I let it do that, but Gurahl may be blocking it with some security thing. It might even be xp that's doing it.

EDit: It's ActiveX.

I did install it, but still no luck.

edit: blah. Feck it all. I renounce Boabland! :angry:

Gripper
07-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Council estate,green about the size of a footy pitch out front,mostly nice people some assholes,fair sized town,8 screen cinema,couple of nice parks,lots of countryside all round,just have trouble with people calling me duck or flower

manker
07-01-2005, 06:36 PM
Post a pic of your duck! :D

Gripper
07-01-2005, 06:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/gripper103/DogDuck2.jpg
Me duck an pal from over yonder

JPaul
07-01-2005, 06:50 PM
I am so middle class that I am class' centre of gravity.