DanB
07-02-2005, 10:22 PM
they sure do :01:

GepperRankins
07-02-2005, 10:23 PM
no they don't

DarthInsinuate
07-02-2005, 10:24 PM
i've been a fan of The Who for a while, but have never seen them play live :shame:

PETE TOWNSHEND IS SO FUCKING COOL

his wanton abuse of his guitar is both terrifying and exhilerating :01:

micolithe
07-02-2005, 10:30 PM
I hope I'll be able to download the concert later over a torrent or something. I only got to see Wish you Were Here and Comfortably Numb

Jon L. Obscene
07-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Comfortably numb done it for me :01: awesome!
And yeah, the Who Rawked too!!

Pitty they did'nt smash the gear up :( :lol:

Jonno :cool:

Illuminati
07-02-2005, 10:32 PM
If the concert isn't let available on DVD, I'll be surprised.

NikkiD
07-02-2005, 10:46 PM
My brother's at the show in Barrie, Ontario with his girlfriend, the little bastard. I wanted to see Deep Purple. :angry:

DarthInsinuate
07-02-2005, 10:48 PM
My brother's at the show in Barrie, Ontario with his girlfriend, the little bastard. I wanted to see Deep Purple. :angry:
errm, but wouldn't it be a bit weird if you were your brother's girlfriend :unsure:

NikkiD
07-02-2005, 10:50 PM
errm, but wouldn't it be a bit weird if you were your brother's girlfriend :unsure:

Actually the plan was for me and his girlfriend to go and make him sit home watching us on tv having fun....

Peerzy
07-02-2005, 11:07 PM

It took 20 years to release Band Aid on DVD and that was only because pirates were selling it on Ebay so Bob though he might as well put a legal version out there.

Plus the British concert ran for just over 10 hours 20 minutes, wonder how many dvd's that is :unsure:

bigboab
07-02-2005, 11:35 PM

It took 20 years to release Band Aid on DVD and that was only because pirates were selling it on Ebay so Bob though he might as well put a legal version out there.

Plus the British concert ran for just over 10 hours 20 minutes, wonder how many dvd's that is :unsure:

I read somewhere that they are going to put it on the internet. you will pick what you want to be put on your own DVD.:) At a cost of course.

GepperRankins
07-02-2005, 11:39 PM
will they charge. they said "we don't want your money"

sArA
07-02-2005, 11:40 PM
Floyd were awesome, Gilmour still one of the best, anyone notice how they loosened up and gelled..superb. :)

JPaul
07-02-2005, 11:41 PM
I have seen t'Who a couple of times, feckin' amazing. I queued overnight to get tickets, both times.

Roger Daltrey (born 1944) was cool as feck, he walked to the gigs and basically said "hi" to the fans, on the way in.

There was no mobage, just chaps crying "yo Roger, respect dude, see you on stage".

Which was nice.

JPaul
07-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Floyd were awesome, Gilmour still one of the best, anyone notice how they loosened up and gelled..superb. :)
Nice that Mr Waters was there.

Biggles
07-02-2005, 11:49 PM
I watched the whole thing. It was bloody marvellous.

The highlight of the whole day was the beautiful smile of the Ethopian girl who had just passed her college exams despite being no more than skin and bones 20 years ago. (Actually, I was completely choked :blushing: ) If that were to be the only achievement Bob ever had in his whole life it is still a 1000 times more than the tedious gainsayers will ever have to show for their miserable lives.

Pink Floyd were fantastic but I have to say that all the pieces were good. I particularly liked Snow Patrol, Annie Lennox, Madge, plus Coldplay doing Bittersweet Symphony with the Verve frontman was a joy.

sArA
07-02-2005, 11:51 PM

Yep it never feels quite the same with substitutes....for me it was a reminder of why I have always liked them so much...hope they decide to do more.

JPaul
07-02-2005, 11:51 PM
I watched the whole thing. It was bloody marvellous.

The highlight of the whole day was the beautiful smile of the Ethopian girl who had just passed her college exams despite being no more than skin and bones 20 years ago. (Actually, I was completely choked :blushing: ) If that were to be the only achievement Bob ever had in his whole life it is still a 1000 times more than the tedious gainsayers will ever have to show for their miserable lives.

Pink Floyd were fantastic but I have to say that all the pieces were good. I particularly liked Snow Patrol, Annie Lennox, Madge, plus Coldplay doing Bittersweet Symphony with the Verve frontman was a joy.
I wish I had the wit to have said that.

I wept buckets.

Thank you.

JPaul
07-02-2005, 11:54 PM

Yep it never feels quite the same with substitutes....for me it was a reminder of why I have always liked them so much...hope they decide to do more.
A bit of me says no.

Let's not dilute the reason they did it.

It would be an awesome epitaph.

But I hear what you say.

NikkiD
07-02-2005, 11:54 PM
They're just wrapping up here now, Neil Young is on now. Absolutely incredible.

tesco
07-03-2005, 02:00 AM
:ohmy:

That's just across the lake from me! :)

*goddess*
07-03-2005, 01:25 PM
:mad3: How long did all those concerts go for? 2 hours, 15 minutes is all we got! :dry: What are we, fecking non-existant :frusty:

manker
07-03-2005, 01:43 PM
:mad3: How long did all those concerts go for? 2 hours, 15 minutes is all we got! :dry: What are we, fecking non-existant :frusty:You could have had some of our acts. Most of them were utterly crap.

Guillaume
07-03-2005, 02:06 PM
:mad3: How long did all those concerts go for? 2 hours, 15 minutes is all we got! :dry: What are we, fecking non-existant :frusty:
Didn't you go to teh strippers instead? :unsure:

*goddess*
07-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Didn't you go to teh strippers instead? :unsure:

:lol: That was Friday night silly, it's now Monday wee hours of am here, and we only got to see the sad amount on Sunday night.

:hug: For you and Manky tho.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/thebella/strip1.jpg

:yawn: I'm off to bed now laters xxx

Guillaume
07-03-2005, 03:27 PM
Well, if you people downunder used metric time, it wouldn't be so confusing. :snooty:

Anyway, g'night. :)

Gemby!
07-03-2005, 03:50 PM
i never realised how scary madonna actually is until i saw her perform live 8 :fear:

bigboab
07-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Well, if you people downunder used metric time, it wouldn't be so confusing. :snooty:

Anyway, g'night. :)

Metric time? You've put your foot in it there.:blink:

Guillaume
07-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Mmmmf. I'm just a beginner at the http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/690/fishingrodsmall2mr.gif.

Someday, I'll rod with the best.

bigboab
07-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Read the post again. word by word.:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/bigboab/roddage.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

JPaul
07-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Amateur Anglers, :yawn: