PDA

View Full Version : how do I burn an .img file? its a dvd

Mïcrösöül°V³
07-08-2005, 03:44 AM
I have a dvd .img, and I dont know how to burn it to a dvd-r. alcohol wont do it, nero wont do it (at least as far as I can tell). what program do I need to burn this to a dvd-r to play it in my stand-alone dvd player? alcohol and nero will burn .iso, and they work fine, but this .img thing has me confused. I have read that renaming it to .iso will work, but I tried that, and it made the video all offset on the television screen. I have previewed the .img on a virtual drive, and it is good. Any advice would be good. :) and btw, i do have DVD decryptor, but I dont know how to use it yet.

vivitron 15
07-08-2005, 08:34 AM
rename to .iso and burn in nero

Peerzy
07-08-2005, 08:40 AM
You don't even need to Rename, just do as you would to burn an ISO but when selecting it change FILE TYPE to ALL in the selection box so it shows up.

Snee
07-08-2005, 12:30 PM
You don't even need to Rename, just do as you would to burn an ISO but when selecting it change FILE TYPE to ALL in the selection box so it shows up.
That doesn't work in Nero express though.

You have to run it through the recorder from the regular burning rom thingie.

Would renaming it to iso let it burn through express if you have an OEM install without the regular burning rom features, though?

(I don't need to do it, but I'm curious.)

manker
07-08-2005, 12:55 PM
It doesn't work in the main Nero Burning ROM window for me, I have to rename the .img file to an .iso. That always seems to work without problems, tho.

He said that he's tried that anyway and it didn't work out so good. I thimnk maybe he got a dodgy burn since it works okay from a virtual drive. Maybe give it another go with a fresh DVD.

Snee
07-08-2005, 01:48 PM
You should be able to run the image through the recorder option if you have a full version of nero.

It always works for me.

Peerzy
07-08-2005, 01:52 PM
I just open Nero (As in the standard Buring Rom) go to Recorder and click Burn Image. I then have to select All File Types on the drop down menu and then i select the IMG. A box comes up asking if i want to burn with a certain few settings (settings that define the data is infact an ISO just using .IMG as an extension) and you click okay. Has worked hundreds of times for me for scene released DVDr's. You can rename and burn with Nero, you can use DVD Decrypter or a hundred other programs, it's just how i do it :snooty:

manker
07-08-2005, 02:12 PM
Duno, it just won't work for me that way with Nero - I do have the full version :snooty:

Changing the extension is no hassle, anyway.

NikkiD
07-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Duno, it just won't work for me that way with Nero - I do have the full version :snooty:

Changing the extension is no hassle, anyway.

Same here, always tells me it's not a valid image file. Renaming works everytime though.

Mïcrösöül°V³
07-08-2005, 09:26 PM
well, ill give it another try. thanks for all the advice :)

Lion7718
07-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Alcohol will do it, you have to add .img to the list:
Options/General/Virtual Drive/Shell Extentions.....Check Other Extentions, add img...click OK

muchspl3
07-08-2005, 11:08 PM
It doesn't work in the main Nero Burning ROM window for me, I have to rename the .img file to an .iso. That always seems to work without problems, tho.

He said that he's tried that anyway and it didn't work out so good. I thimnk maybe he got a dodgy burn since it works okay from a virtual drive. Maybe give it another go with a fresh DVD.
it works for mine, I guess "yep" wasn't good enoigh for my last post that got deleted

I just open Nero (As in the standard Buring Rom) go to Recorder and click Burn Image. I then have to select All File Types on the drop down menu and then i select the IMG. A box comes up asking if i want to burn with a certain few settings (settings that define the data is infact an ISO just using .IMG as an extension) and you click okay. Has worked hundreds of times for me for scene released DVDr's. You can rename and burn with Nero, you can use DVD Decrypter or a hundred other programs, it's just how i do it :snooty:
thats right, just click ok when it gives you the pop up

Mïcrösöül°V³
07-09-2005, 03:17 PM
is there a perticular setting I should click on when the box in nero pops up when I burn this .img? When I play the burnt DVD in my PC, its fine, but when I take it to my dvd player in the living room, the video is oddly positioned on the screen, and the video is black and white :blink:anyone know what that is all about?

RealitY
07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Alcohol will do it, you have to add .img to the list:
Options/General/Virtual Drive/Shell Extentions.....Check Other Extentions, add img...click OK
Thats what Ive done also and make sure your version is up to date also.
The fact is I usually use DVD Decryptor for img file which is a breeze...

Snee
07-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Quick question on the matter.

When burning imgs, and isos for that matter, do you finalize the discs?

I've got them working both finalized and not finalized, but what's the praxis?

When burning linux distros you have to finalize them, but that doesn't appear to be the same here.

orcutt989
07-10-2005, 12:21 AM
It does work in Alcohol 120%, like stated before, go to "All" file types.

vivitron 15
07-10-2005, 02:48 PM
or you can use isobuster to extract the vobs, and burn them however you want