PDA

View Full Version : News careing about kids more now?

ziggyjuarez
07-08-2005, 03:04 PM
What with all this coverage on kids getting kidnapped/murdered now?A month ago you would see a few here and now but now its getting ridiculous.As soon as they find one kid they move onto another kid.I think this is a true crime but its a common as cross walking.The problem has not increased only the amount of coverage.

manker
07-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Maybe it's not that more kids are getting kidnapped or whatever. More like there has been a few high profile cases of misdeeds against children (Michael Jackson) and the media are feeding the public stories which they reckon they'd be interested in.

Without the high profile stories then these crimes might not headline.

ziggyjuarez
07-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah the MJ thing was huge.I think time would be better covered on the G8 or more inportant news.

peat moss
07-09-2005, 01:53 AM
Its different when you have children , you feel every atrocity against kids like it was your own. I can't even read the newspaper anymore because of this . I stick to the sports and the funnies.

3RA1N1AC
07-09-2005, 02:52 AM
high profile cases of misdeeds against children (Michael Jackson)
don't you mean "high profile cases of popstars being found not guilty of misdeeds against children (Michael Jackson)"?

Tikibonbon
07-09-2005, 02:57 AM
It's simply the flavor of the month.

3RA1N1AC
07-09-2005, 03:10 AM
nah, not flavor of the month... an abundance of missing children stories means it's a "slow news day" and the news shows can't think of anything more interesting to report. to be blunt: the american mainstream has difficulty comprehending or caring much about the relevance of international economic/political conferences like G8. it's not a simple personality-conflict story. if it weren't for the london bombings, u.s. news programs would be hard at work right now trying to figure out what to present as this week's "top" story because G8 would not be it.

Tikibonbon
07-09-2005, 03:18 AM
Shouldn't be watching "mainstream" news in the first place. :)

Way to easy to find better, non-biased news outlets in this day in age.

Look into satalite providors such as dish or direct tv, they both have various BBC, PBS, ect. news sources. Otherwise I hear this interweb thingie has a few interesting news web pages.