PDA

View Full Version : Reputation back?

Guillaume
07-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Basically we (I) would like more details...

Why's it back?
How does it work?
Can we flame the mods?

Snee
07-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Basically we (I) would like more details...

Why's it back?
How does it work?
Can we flame the mods?
Oh please, can we?

Seriously though, I can't help but wondering about why it's there, myself.

{I}{K}{E}
07-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Ross and Reality are just checking if its possible to use the reputation for something else :P

Snee
07-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Can we have geputations like on cheese's board?

I've got a short story in mine :happy:

EDit: actually it's more of a monologue.

Sam made it for me :happy: :dry:

DanB
07-08-2005, 08:49 PM
what does 3 red things mean?

is it good? :unsure:

{I}{K}{E}
07-08-2005, 08:54 PM
what does 3 red things mean?

is it good? :unsure:

normally:

grey is normal
green is good
red is bad

hold your mouse on one of the 'things' :P

check your usercp to see how many 'points' you recieved. (I've got 9753 points total)

Guillaume
07-08-2005, 09:11 PM
check your usercp to see how many 'points' you recieved

Is it normal to have points from threads that are months old ( I got rep from Bo, FFS)? :blink:

BTW, how d'you give it to someone.

SaYiaN
07-08-2005, 10:03 PM
So what the heck does it do again? i can't find any info on it : :unsure:

{I}{K}{E}
07-08-2005, 10:24 PM
it will be disabled when Ross finished testing.

just google it if you wanna know what you can do with it on vB forums ;)

Rat Faced
07-08-2005, 10:55 PM
IF we start using it for real, im sure they'll all be reset.

For now, just look at it as a bit of fun :P

Guillaume
07-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Can we flame the mods?

I was serious there.
I know we will be able to give good rep to the mods, but will we also be able to give them bad rep, or will it be like the ignore function?

RPerry
07-08-2005, 10:59 PM
IF we start using it for real, im sure they'll all be reset.

For now, just look at it as a bit of fun :P

How much fun can you have with rep points...

/me messes with Rat_Faced 's to see :rolleyes:

tesco
07-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Ok this hasn't worked out how we wanted.
Probably should have finished setting it up before going out... :pinch:

muchspl3
07-08-2005, 11:05 PM
what this :o never saw this before

edit: its busted mines on 0 wtf

tesco
07-08-2005, 11:07 PM
And it's gone... :wave:

Guillaume
07-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Oh, gone again.

Still the question remains.

Snee
07-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Oh, gone again.

Stiil the question remains.
It's cool, I just upped your warn-level on teh moderation.

All's not lost :)

tesco
07-08-2005, 11:11 PM
As for the geputation things, they are possible to make as an option here, altho maybe only for the lounge or something as it's not too professional looking. :unsure:

iMartin
07-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Oh, gone again.

Stiil the question remains.
And only a select few know... :shifty:

:whistling

Snee
07-08-2005, 11:18 PM
As for the geputation things, they are possible to make as an option here, altho maybe only for the lounge or something as it's not too professional looking. :unsure:
You think? :ohmy:

Geputation: If you ever find that one of you posts has gone missing, feel free to blame me (me-SnnY). However, I'd really appreciate a link. So we don't have to spend time finding out it was really my work. In fact, if a post goes missing, ask me first..
:pinch: (actually, I could change it if I wanted, but I'm waiting for someone else to make the first move, it's all part of the behind-the-scenes cloak and daggery powerplay kind of stuff that goes on.)

tesco
07-08-2005, 11:23 PM

Geputation: If you ever find that one of you posts has gone missing, feel free to blame me (me-SnnY). However, I'd really appreciate a link. So we don't have to spend time finding out it was really my work. In fact, if a post goes missing, ask me first..
:pinch: (actually, I could change it if I wanted, but I'm waiting for someone else to make the first move, it's all part of the behind-the-scenes cloak and daggery powerplay kind of stuff that goes on.)
I was thinking, if we did it, it would be fun to let all members make them upp for you instead of just the admins/mods (is that how it is on themoderation?) but you gotta aprove it first (like being moderated).

I dunno. :P Would be a fun idea but kinda pointless.

Guillaume
07-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Can we flame the mods?

I was serious there.
I know we will be able to give good rep to the mods, but will we also be able to give them bad rep, or will it be like the ignore function?

:whistling

Snee
07-08-2005, 11:36 PM

I was thinking, if we did it, it would be fun to let all members make them upp for you instead of just the admins/mods (is that how it is on themoderation?) but you gotta aprove it first (like being moderated).

We have a drop-down menu with every geputation ever made to choose from (at least in my usergroup, not sure regular members can touch theirs), and sometimes someone with admin privilieges will make another one, like mine. There's not really that much of a consensus among all members involved, in my experience.

Sometimes you have a new one, as a surprise, like.

I asked to have something cool like DanB (had) once, and got the geputation "DanB".

Fake Shemp
07-09-2005, 01:30 AM

Pointless = The best fun. :D

Can we/I ask what you were trying to do with the rep thing?

btw reputation points has never worked on any board in the history of the internet. It is a horrible thing that deserves to die the death of the Dodo, the 80's and Paula Yates.

Snee
07-09-2005, 01:37 AM
Warn-levels on the other hand, that's the future.

RealitY
07-09-2005, 06:59 AM
The base thought of what we were testing would only apply to new members. There seems to be an issue yet again with the BT Invites section with regard to spam. Originally mew members would just signup and their first and only post was a request to a torrent site and then they were gone.

We than made the sub section and only allowed users that had at least 10 posts on the board to use the section making it restricted. Well no suprise as then they would join and spam 10 posts ask for an invite and gone. Then we added the wait time of 10 days and again no suprise spam wait request and gone.

This has become frustrating for some of us so now in consideration is to use reputation points additionally to the formula. Then new members could earn points based on post count along with days registered and reputaion points which could be given by the Team only. I guess points could be awarded based on being a decent member and so forth. Of course if their spotted for spam points would be removed thus dicouraging spam and encouraging decency or something of that sort.

Once the given amount of points are reached then they would have access to the section though a promotion that moves them into a new usergroup which all regulars are in already. At that point they will not be involded in the reputation system anymore.

In short it will only be for the Team to adjust new members privlages to prevent spam on the forum. Well thats the whole thought of it anway if its put to use. As for using it in any other fashion I think its useless also and really dont even like the sound of it although it may have a use withun this context perhaps...

Guillaume
07-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Back again.
Still a test run? :unsure:

RPerry
07-13-2005, 07:43 PM
Back again.

didn't take you long to notice :rolleyes:

manker
07-13-2005, 08:39 PM
What did the mods do to deserve such good geputation?

Peerzy
07-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Wonder what mine is :unsure:

Stupid Krohn giving me bad reputation then disappearing :fist:

What did the mods do to deserve such good geputation?

Intermate relations with Rossco :naughty:

Guillaume
07-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Back again.

didn't take you long to notice :rolleyes:

:rod: :dry:
Damn mods!

But why is it back? I'm no new member, and neither are manker, SnnY,Peerzy and co...

Mr. Mulder
07-13-2005, 08:55 PM
we should get rep for reading 4 page threads, from start to finish

DanB
07-13-2005, 09:10 PM
is mine still 3 red ones?

yes :(

manker
07-13-2005, 09:13 PM
is mine still 3 red ones?

Depends on whether the Chlamydia has cleared up yet :unsure:

Emdee
07-13-2005, 09:31 PM
My shameless behaviour rears its ugly head again! :01:

Guillaume
07-13-2005, 09:54 PM
Nice work guys.
Now I'm back in the Lounge.

You fecked up my great escape! :stevemcqueen:

muchspl3
07-13-2005, 10:46 PM
mine is pretty low
its broke

kantryl
07-14-2005, 11:43 PM
I saw a reputation icon after I posted yesterday.

Then on the next post it was gone.

What does it all means? Could some one explain? :unsure:

sArA
07-14-2005, 11:47 PM
Just trying a few things out, and making a few tests. The admins are doing some mods to the board but not finished yet.

kantryl
07-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Nice to hear from you again Sara. :)

Thanks for explaing what happened.

Guillaume
07-15-2005, 12:05 AM
Just trying a few things out, and making a few tests. The admins are doing some mods to the board but not finished yet.

Work faster you damn mods and admins! :angry:

:lookaroun

Rick Phlegm
07-15-2005, 12:06 AM
The admins are doing some mods
:naughty:

Spider_dude
07-15-2005, 01:30 AM
what