PDA

View Full Version : Comming soon to Msgplus!: Tabbed Conversations

{I}{K}{E}
07-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Patchou has just announced the next huge hit that will be implemented into Messenger Plus. Tabbed conversations, the big feature that everyone wants, is going to be added into the next version of Messenger Plus!. What are tabbed conversations your wondering? Well, this means your chat windows will be grouped together in one. Like Mozilla Firefox has, tabbed browsing. It's basically tabbed browsing, but MSN Messenger style.

Here is a screenshot of how it will look, courtesy of Mess.be:

http://messengermad.com/images/news/plus_tabbed.png

One unique chat window gives you access to some or all your current chats. Also expected to be added is a language field for Custom Sounds. No release date has been set yet.

____

If this will be released i'm downloading it. waiting for this for a long time! I hope microsoft will add this to MSN as an standard feature :(

Orange_Boy
07-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Thats one piece of good news.
Tabbed Msn would be very good! Can't wait for this.
When's the release date of this?

Guillaume
07-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Thats one piece of good news.
Tabbed Msn would be very good! Can't wait for this.
When's the release date of this?

No release date has been set yet. ;)

I suppose we'll have to use the patch on a clean install?

iMartin
07-08-2005, 10:58 PM
I suppose we'll have to use the patch on a clean install?

Doubt it, I patch my MSN all the time without clean installing it, even with MSG Plus installed.

Storm
07-09-2005, 10:24 AM
cool, finally!!!!

I hope microsoft will add this to MSN as an standard feature :(

i dont......... for some reason features work out better when microsoft doesnt make them.....

Illuminati
07-09-2005, 10:33 AM
I should be excited for this - But Trillian & Gaim have had this feature for a while now* :D

*Sorry for the Firefox complex :no:

cow_dung
07-09-2005, 11:26 AM
there is already a plug-in for MSN Plus called StuffPlug-NG which have this feature...
i used the program before but since they upgraded to MSN 7 i stopped
heres the link to the plug-in

http://www.stuffplug.com/

P.S doesnt MSN Plus installs spyware/adwares?

{I}{K}{E}
07-09-2005, 11:38 AM

no. lots of people think this.

you can choose in the installer if you want to install the 'extra' software or not :P

trajillo
07-09-2005, 12:09 PM
stuff plug ng.. has tabbed already...probbly not as featured as the upcoming msn plus version

cow_dung
07-09-2005, 12:43 PM

no. lots of people think this.

you can choose in the installer if you want to install the 'extra' software or not :P

oh really!?!?! thnk gonna go install now

wsmacsl
07-09-2005, 12:44 PM
tabs on plus ng never really worked for me, always crashed msn for me, i like the idea of plus having this feature, i alway have about 5 conversation open at a time, i welcome this new feature,

tesco
07-09-2005, 03:21 PM
tabs on plus ng never really worked for me, always crashed msn for me, i like the idea of plus having this feature, i alway have about 5 conversation open at a time, i welcome this new feature,
Same for me. The tabbed browsing in stuffplugin was not appealiong and sometimes my msn crashed. :pinch:

orcutt989
07-09-2005, 03:36 PM
I should be excited for this - But Trillian & Gaim have had this feature for a while now* :D

Yes, he speaks the truth.

DanB
07-09-2005, 03:49 PM
I had it for a while with the StuffPlug but didn't like it

Guillaume
07-09-2005, 04:15 PM

Yes, too bad gaim doesnt support cam and file sending, otherwise I'd never use teh msn.

wsmacsl
07-09-2005, 04:44 PM
i have tried them all, gaim, trillian, and loads other in my time, and i always come back to my good old msn, well maybe not that good, or they would have they feture in them already

orcutt989
07-09-2005, 05:17 PM

Yes, too bad gaim doesnt support cam and file sending, otherwise I'd never use teh msn.

Trillian does though.

abu_has_the_power
07-09-2005, 05:58 PM
trillian's doesn't support cam. it only supports video conference, and i can never get it to work. u can send files with trillian though

orcutt989
07-10-2005, 12:23 AM
trillian's doesn't support cam. it only supports video conference, and i can never get it to work. u can send files with trillian though

Do you mean Cam as in WebCam?

Its in the upper left hand corner, it says "Video Chat" and has a picture of a WebCam. It works just fine, I have done this recently. You must be using CAM in some sort of other meaning, or some acronym.

abu_has_the_power
07-11-2005, 01:29 AM

Do you mean Cam as in WebCam?

Its in the upper left hand corner, it says "Video Chat" and has a picture of a WebCam. It works just fine, I have done this recently. You must be using CAM in some sort of other meaning, or some acronym.
msn messenger has a Webcam option to view each other's webcams. that's the most commonly used feature cuz there's no audio. trillian can't do that. i can only do video conferencing with audio. look in the faq section on ceruleanstudios.com. i checked, and i did wat they told me to, and video just doesn't work!!! :angry: :angry: :frusty: :frusty: