PDA

View Full Version : Oh noes! They're trying to draft me!!!!!111one

Rip The Jacker
07-09-2005, 07:15 AM
I got this card thingy in the mail today from the "Selective Service System." The stupid thing says I have to register, it says it like a million times, but doesn't say what for exactly. It says men 18-25 years old have to register because its the law. "Failure to register is a felony and may result in up to $250,000 in fines, up to 5 years imprisonment, or both."

It says I have to go to http://www.sss.gov to register. According to the website,

On October 5, 2004, the House of Representatives voted 402 - 2 to defeat H.R. 163, the bill cited as proof that the Selective Service was preparing to reinstate a military draft. The vote made official what has been a reality since January 7, 2003, when H.R. 163 was introduced despite nearly total opposition in Congress to restoring the draft. Without Congressional support, the draft cannot be reinstated. A similar bill languishes in the Senate.
What should I do? :fear:

ziggyjuarez
07-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Very bad news.I say try your hardest to fail the test.Are you flat footed?Im 18 in afew more years so this sucks.For me it would be easy to go to prison because im a southern mexican.If you choose to go to prison...well good luck with that :unsure:

S!X
07-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Fuck that shite.

bigboab
07-09-2005, 07:21 AM
I got this card thingy in the mail today from the "Selective Service System." The stupid thing says I have to register, it says it like a million times, but doesn't say what for exactly. It says men 18-25 years old have to register because its the law. "Failure to register is a felony and may result in up to $250,000 in fines, up to 5 years imprisonment, or both."

It says I have to go to http://www.sss.gov to register. According to the website,

On October 5, 2004, the House of Representatives voted 402 - 2 to defeat H.R. 163, the bill cited as proof that the Selective Service was preparing to reinstate a military draft. The vote made official what has been a reality since January 7, 2003, when H.R. 163 was introduced despite nearly total opposition in Congress to restoring the draft. Without Congressional support, the draft cannot be reinstated. A similar bill languishes in the Senate.

From what I read you are still required to register. So do it.:) Unless you have a spare $250000.:lol:

Rip The Jacker
07-09-2005, 07:24 AM
I don't want to register! What if the draft happens? No one's sending me anywhere to get my ass blown off, hell with that. :no:

@ziggyjuarez
No I'm not flat footed. I don't think prison sounds too good right about now either. :unsure:

Rip The Jacker
07-09-2005, 07:27 AM
Canada here I come! :lol:

zapjb
07-09-2005, 07:29 AM
Do whatever you want. But be forewarned. You can never get a Government job (post office etc.), government loan or grant (pell grants, fha home loans) without registering.

Rip The Jacker
07-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Compared to a $250,000 fine/5 years in prison, not getting a government job/loan is the least of my problems. :P

Looks like I'm going to have to register, wether I like it or not. :(

Afronaut
07-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Well, if they can feck you up if you dont register,
I guess its a must.

Also, might be good to start learning the languade they speak in ME,
(Arabic?) why? I dunno, just a hunch...

;)

Skiz
07-09-2005, 08:11 AM
They aren't trying to draft you. :dry:

Every male in the US must register for the draft upon turning 18. It's the law. It's no big deal, everyone does it.

wingm8
07-09-2005, 08:22 AM
I did it a while back. It's no biggie, really.

Afronaut
07-09-2005, 08:36 AM
I did it a while back. It's no biggie, really.

..until you got a phone call (or maybe a letter) to get 'yo ass to teh Service.

;)

Been there, done that, btw.
Not in US but in my home country.

Rip The Jacker
07-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Alright alright, I'll do it. But if I get called, I'm going to be pretty upset. :P

lynx
07-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Just tell them you registered at FST instead. :shutup:

Mr. Mulder
07-09-2005, 09:02 AM
register and get your arse shot at :unsure: don't pay the fine and go to prison and end up as someones bum chum

eitherway you're gonna get your arse blown off :blink:

Afronaut
07-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Tell them you got issues with the cookies...

...duh, that was a bad one.

Snee
07-09-2005, 11:40 AM
I was watching Sixty Minutes early one morning, and they said something about (american) recruitment officers calling up people and telling them they'd been drafted, to keep the quotas up.

Apparently, they aren't allowed to do that do that.

As far as I understood that, they can't make you join the army, you had to volunteer.

The registering stuff you got is most likely legit, though.

I had to fill in something similar when I was younger, and here we do get drafted after and are required to do some time in the service, unless we can get out of it somehow (which I did).

Tikibonbon
07-09-2005, 01:23 PM

Every male in the US must register for the draft upon turning 18. It's the law. It's no big deal, everyone does it.

I didn't have too :p. But than again I had already enlisted before I was 18....

vidcc
07-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Get yourself a pen with pink ink and put little hearts above the "i" instead of a dot..... that way they will think you are gay and not call on you

Guillaume
07-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Come on, it can't be so awful.
The army'll do you good.

Just like it did this guy:
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4627/pyle012qi.jpg

Snee
07-09-2005, 02:44 PM
'cept for the suicide.

brotherdoobie
07-09-2005, 03:24 PM
'cept for the suicide.

I watched that suicide...the night before I left for basic traing in the Army.:cry:

p.s. Don't worry about the selective service deal...we have enough people
here,who would love the chance to kill something. :blink: You'll never get the call...;) and Canada is no longer a safe haven.

Peace bd:ph34r:

|F1|
07-09-2005, 03:25 PM
'cept for the suicide.

And killing the drill sergeant.

brotherdoobie
07-09-2005, 03:30 PM
'cept for the suicide.

Meh, I take it you have never been in the military?

Peace bd

worldpease
07-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Is in times like this that I feel good
for being in Mexico.

Smith
07-09-2005, 05:12 PM
/I would call the government and ask them about this ;)

Snee
07-09-2005, 05:38 PM
'cept for the suicide.

As I understand it, that was more of a positive.

bigboab
07-09-2005, 05:43 PM
'cept for the suicide.

Do they have suicide squads in the American Forces?:cry:

Biggles
07-09-2005, 05:46 PM

:blink:

If they aren't trying to draft you why then have a law saying you must register for the draft?

Call me picky ..... :huh:

Snee
07-09-2005, 05:51 PM
http://www.fra.org/mil-up/milup-archive/8-15-02-milup.html

Doesn't sound like you have to hurry.

bigboab
07-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Get pregnant. That should take you off their list. Then again maybe not.:lol:

Rip The Jacker
07-10-2005, 06:49 AM
Sorry. There is a problem with the Social Security Number that you submitted. If you mis-keyed it, please correct it and re-submit your registration. If your number is correct, then it is not yet in our data base. Therefore, click here, print out a SSS Registration Form, fill it out and mail it to: Selective Service System, P.O. Box 94732, Palatine, IL 60094-4732.
Grrr. Stupid government website. :frusty:

@Biggles
That's what I'm wondering. :unsure:

GepperRankins
07-10-2005, 07:01 AM
If your number is correct, then it is not yet in our data base. Therefore, click here,
:unsure:

McStabhappy
07-10-2005, 08:37 AM
say you're insane if they draft you

Rat Faced
07-10-2005, 09:13 AM
The US Draft was never stopped, merely suspended.

That Bill in Congress means shit... it was to change the Draft Rules, not re-start something that never finished.

All it needs is an executive order to restart the Draft in the form it was prior to suspension.

ie: If your rich, you can get out of it ;)

Rip The Jacker
07-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Shit... I have to get rich, and quick. :P

@McStabhappy
Plead insanity eh? :shifty:

Rat Faced
07-10-2005, 09:43 AM
I want to clarify my response above...

It would take a National Defense Emergency for Congress to restore inductive powers to the President...

This happened after 911, and has never been revoked.

There hasn't been a prosecution for non registration since 1985 though:

Hundreds of thousands of men have refused to register, despite the threat of possible prosecution. Twenty, a very small percentage, have been prosecuted. (There have been no more prosecutions since 1985.) Many churches have supported nonregistration as a valid conscientious response to the registration requirement. Non-registrants should be prepared to be
prosecuted, and if indicted should quickly find an attorney who is familiar with draft law. Even without prosecution, nonregistrants will automatically forego certain government student aid, training and employment possibilities. Several states bar non-registrants from attending state colleges and universities.

Source (http://www.nisbco.org/Advice_COs.htm)

Maybe registering and asking for deferment AND registering as a Conscientious Objector is your best option :P

The Draft is in effect now, through the back door...

What else do you call current troops whose enlistment is up, not being allowed to leave?

If they aint volunteers, they are draftee's... its that simple. :ph34r:

cpt_azad
07-10-2005, 10:12 AM

same, been in the air force for 1 year now (legal age here is 16 w/ parent's consent), no way in hell are they ever gonna draft me, ill do my time and i'm outta the armed forces :01: (with my thousands of hours of pilot in command time payed for by the good ol taxpayers :) ) but since I live in Canada, I dont' really worry about going to war, you should just move up north RTJ :naughty: wait I meant to say :)

SingaBoiy
07-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Ehh, shouldnt even worry about it. As BD has said, there are more then enough men and women on active duty and in reserve for you not to worry. Its highly unlikely there will be a draft anytime soon. ;)

And when you turn 26, you are usually clear and free.

bigboab
07-10-2005, 12:48 PM
but since I live in Canada, I dont' really worry about going to war, you should just move up north RTJ :naughty: wait I meant to say :)

Change his name to Rip The Lumber Jacker?:cry:

Or if you had your wicked way.:rolleyes: Slumber Jacker.:lol:

Snee
07-10-2005, 12:54 PM

same, been in the air force for 1 year now (legal age here is 16 w/ parent's consent), no way in hell are they ever gonna draft me, ill do my time and i'm outta the armed forces :01: (with my thousands of hours of pilot in command time payed for by the good ol taxpayers :) ) but since I live in Canada, I dont' really worry about going to war, you should just move up north RTJ :naughty: wait I meant to say :)
Put you in charge of a plane did they?

Did you get any bombs or such you could shoot stuff with?

I expect you shall be a five-star general before the month is over.

manker
07-10-2005, 01:03 PM
You're never going to believe this, Snny.

Cpt_Asda is lying :ohmy:

He said a couple of weeks ago that the Air Force wouldn't let him join because he can't see properly.

http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1081048&postcount=36

What a fucking idiot :dry:

Snee
07-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Can we be sure that wasn't in a parallel universe though? :unsure:

That's a more likely explanation, I think.

Guillaume
07-10-2005, 01:10 PM
There's only one way to find out.
Ask him if Spock has a beard where he lives. :geek:

Rat Faced
07-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Ehh, shouldnt even worry about it. As BD has said, there are more then enough men and women on active duty and in reserve for you not to worry. Its highly unlikely there will be a draft anytime soon. ;)

And when you turn 26, you are usually clear and free.

The Draft is in effect now, through the back door...

What else do you call current troops whose enlistment is up, not being allowed to leave?

If they aint volunteers, they are draftee's... its that simple.

:P

manker
07-10-2005, 01:11 PM
Can we be sure that wasn't in a parallel universe though? :unsure:

That's a more likely explanation, I think.Yeah, that's probably it :lol:

DanB
07-10-2005, 01:19 PM

the only, and absolutely only, complaint i have about canada is the RCAF. crappiest air force in the world, but mostly i hate them for not letting me join

me: "so, i'm interested in joining the Air Force"
recruiter: "ah very well, are you interested in a particular career with the Canadian Air Force?"
me: "yes actually, i want to be a pilot"
recruiter: "ok, now do you have 20/20?"
me: "no, but i can get laser surgery no problem"
recruiter: "wtf, you fucking hax0rz, you stupid n00b"

i think Canada is the only country in the world that has a vision restriction, every other country allows vision corrections, usually laser eye surgery.

:huh:

manker
07-10-2005, 01:21 PM
He'll be able to explain it later, Dan. Using his 10 megabit interweb connection, no doubt :D

Guillaume
07-10-2005, 01:27 PM
the only, and absolutely only, complaint i have about canada is the RCAF. crappiest air force in the world, but mostly i hate them for not letting me join

me: "so, i'm interested in joining the Air Force"
recruiter: "ah very well, are you interested in a particular career with the Canadian Air Force?"
me: "yes actually, i want to be a pilot"
recruiter: "ok, now do you have 20/20?"
me: "no, but i can get laser surgery no problem"
recruiter: "wtf, you fucking hax0rz, you stupid n00b"

i think Canada is the only country in the world that has a vision restriction, every other country allows vision corrections, usually laser eye surgery.

:huh:

And at the same time he's in school. (http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1021857&postcount=16)
Double :huh:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/Guillaume67/gepsignalsig.jpg
I'll see you all in theGEPcave.

Tikibonbon
07-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Jalapeno and cream cheese taquitos are the bestest!!!!!!!11!!!!1

manker
07-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Maybe he's three, equally geptarded, people :ermm:

Snee
07-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Never had those, aren't they a tad too spicy?

DanB
07-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Or just a lying 'tard? :lookaroun

Tikibonbon
07-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Never had those, aren't they a tad too spicy?

Only to children, gringos and gurly menz. :lol:

Snee
07-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Can I be a gringo then? :ermm:

Tikibonbon
07-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Can I be a gringo then? :ermm:

chances are, you already are :)

Snee
07-10-2005, 01:42 PM
phew

manker
07-10-2005, 01:43 PM
I hear the etymology of that word is something to do with this lyric 'Green grow the rushes, ho!' sounding a bit like gringo.

So mexicans/native indians started calling white men, gringos.

I think my gran told me that so if you argue with me, you argue with her too :snooty:

bigboab
07-10-2005, 01:47 PM
I hear the etymology of that word is something to do with this lyric 'Green grow the rushes, ho!' sounding a bit like gringo.

So mexicans/native indians started calling white men, gringos.

I think my gran told me that so if you argue with me, you argue with her too :snooty:

Did your Gran attack the Alamo?:ph34r:

manker
07-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Maybe, she's really old :unsure:

Tikibonbon
07-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Gringo is actualy from griego. It originally applied to anyone who did not speak a romantic language like Latin. It first appeared in 1787 in the Diccionario Castellano, therefore predating the green grow song.

And if your gran wants to argue, I got some that that ol' milf loving fer her. :lol:

manker
07-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Yeah, maybe, she's really old :unsure:

RioDeLeo
07-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Oh noes! They're trying to draft me!!

The home of the brave, the land of the free ...

l always wondered what these freedoms were you Americans enjoy that the rest of us don't. :blink:

bigboab
07-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Gringo is actualy from griego. It originally applied to anyone who did not speak a romantic language like Latin. It first appeared in 1787 in the Diccionario Castellano, therefore predating the green grow song.

And if your gran wants to argue, I got some that that ol' milf loving fer her. :lol:

You are wrong. I believe Manker's Gran. In fact I think I met her up in the Beacons once.:blushing:

thewizeard
07-10-2005, 02:02 PM

...normally I never give advice,..but you asked for some so here you go..... :lol:

You should just change your nick to Jack the Ripper...and go and do what you have to do... :tank:

manker
07-10-2005, 02:18 PM

You are wrong. I believe Manker's Gran. In fact I think I met her up in the Beacons once.:blushing:My Gran would also blush if she knew you were talking about her beacons :ph34r:

HCT
07-10-2005, 04:59 PM
"Male immigrants who fail to register cannot become citizens"

how im i suppose to register without a social security #

Wolfmight
07-10-2005, 05:50 PM

Communist BASTARDS!

...indeed

brotherdoobie
07-10-2005, 05:58 PM

Communist BASTARDS!

...indeed

Communist are so last year...

Peace bd