PDA

View Full Version : Filesharingtalk.com... the history

threelions00
07-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Any chance i could have a history of this site, how it started, who owns it now etc...i sort of heard of a guy called brian and that's it...

Just wondering

Afronaut
07-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Woah, that's a lot to ask hehe. But I think its rather colorfull history thought.

Do we have teh elderly folks here who remember?

I think atleast JetJe was here pretty early...

I came here later on, can be seen from the reg. date.

:D

Peerzy
07-09-2005, 11:04 AM
I think i still have the team chat logs arround somewhere, that should do for the history i think :unsure:

Afronaut
07-09-2005, 11:08 AM
I think i still have the team chat logs arround somewhere, that should do for the history i think :unsure:

No, I doubt it.

I think there is more to history than Team Chat.
They might be just a addon to history imo, like a little
toppings on a cake.

There was a war with a host or something earlier too,
someone tried to steal the site,
cant remember the details...

Peerzy
07-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Hmmmmm, darn!

Maybe someone could write a book :unsure:

Guillaume
07-09-2005, 11:22 AM
VB and Paul could write the first chapters...
I wonder how these guys are doing now. :(

{I}{K}{E}
07-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Forum started in 2002 as KL board. it was mainly for Kazaa lite discussions. The one who created kazaa lite also started this forum (Paul) together with VB and Jon. When in 2003 or 2004 Kazaa Lite needed to stop (actions by Sharman Networks) the forum got some changes, more sections were added and Paul started working on the K-Lite Codecpack, In late 2003/2004 the forum/website was given to 7th Element because VB didn't had enough time anymore to keep this site up and running. 7th Element made lots of changes but he sold the forum to Brian in 2004.

Of course more happened; like we had a backup forum running for a long time in 2003 (I don't know exactly why that was), we got hacked several times. :( mods left / new mods joined.

{I}{K}{E}
07-09-2005, 11:27 AM

VB told us he didnt had the time to check the forum anymore. he said he would come back sometime in 2005 (just as member). but I still havent seen him yet :(

tralalala
07-09-2005, 12:12 PM
I don't remember Jon.. who was he..???

I remember many conspiracies about what went on with 7th element.. people said he got the forum and scammed people and stuff like that, nothing was proven though (either way..).

Anyway, VB's last post here was sometime early 2004, and since has never returned :( Neither has Paul..... :( :(

Does anyone have any contact info of them? wasn't VB's e-mail something like [email protected] or something like that??

Peerzy
07-09-2005, 12:14 PM

VB told us he didnt had the time to check the forum anymore. he said he would come back sometime in 2005 (just as member). but I still havent seen him yet :(

Maybe he is back already, i personally think he's using the FakeShemp account :ph34r:

RPerry
07-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Jon didn't come until later, the board was hosted by TRX@networks until they tried to steal the forum from VB and Paul. Were were down for a few days until Jon offered us a server :)

SeK612
07-09-2005, 12:21 PM
K++ was created by Random Nut who used this forum for releases and development. He lost interest in the project though and so it stopped.

The was also a change of hosts a while back. The previous host (I forget the name) tried to clone the forum after a few months had past too :)

Afronaut
07-09-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah, i've read about the TRX takeovers before, hehe...

7th had other accounts too, pretty weird shit if ya ask me.

{I}{K}{E}
07-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Does anyone have any contact info of them? wasn't VB's e-mail something like [email protected] or something like that??

I have his email. its not the same as you posted, but I dunno if he still uses it

Peerzy
07-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Paul still posts on this forum, but uses a different name :shifty:

As for VB, i think he's FakeShemp :snooty:

tralalala
07-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Well, could you e-mail him and ask him if he would pay us a visit, and maybe try and contact Paul aswell?

It would be nice to have a reunion with the founders of the KLBoard with the current users, don't you think?

peat moss
07-09-2005, 01:03 PM
I miss some of the old members, like lamsey, shareholder etc. I can still remember how I found this site and my first post. :)

Spicker
07-09-2005, 01:53 PM
I miss some of the old members, like lamsey, shareholder etc. I can still remember how I found this site and my first post. :)
SH left because of some disputer over KLT (http://www.kltforums.com/?) and so did lots of other members like DWK :(

it would be great if they came back...

i remember sh used to post freeware and that kept softwareworld alive...now i hardly go there :ermm:

peat moss
07-09-2005, 02:06 PM
@Spicker, thanx for the link I lost mine. Can you imagine the two forums together ! Major filesharing butt kicking . :01: But sadly it will it never happen .

BawA
07-09-2005, 02:28 PM
SH was one of the best members and yes its sad that he got bannded, i repescted him as a good member even tho we had some fights before he got bannded.
Shareholder, DWk, haxor and few more well respected members left here, it would feel good if they can come back but admins wont allow them cuz of what they've did.
i heared from some where thats Pual still visits here but under hidden statue.

Snee
07-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Anybody know why he's hiding under statues? :unsure:

The temp forum in 2003 was great, it didn't have any sections so everything was posted in the same place, and balamm pretty much ran the place.

'twas mayhem :D

BawA
07-09-2005, 02:43 PM
yeh it was cool and looked like a chat forum.
i remember nikked showing her flying tits avatar in a thread called " for thoes who missed it" :lol:

{I}{K}{E}
07-09-2005, 02:44 PM

Who says Bawa is right ?

'Paul' left, his account also got deleted when we switched to vB :ohmy:

Guillaume
07-09-2005, 02:50 PM
'Paul' left, his account also got deleted when we switched to vB :ohmy:

Tinfoil hat time: I think it was a bloody convenient accident. :shifty:

There are a lot of members I'd like to see here again, including Skweeky, Weemouse, Lamsey, Bo...

BawA
07-09-2005, 02:51 PM
i was talking of before we switch, and i didnt say am sure i just heared from some old members here. u may dont know but paul still had his admin account when a new admin took over which after was found to be same 7th elements himself.

Afronaut
07-09-2005, 03:00 PM
k

Tinfoil hats for everyone!!!!

:lol:

Snee
07-09-2005, 03:05 PM

Who says Bawa is right ?
:ohmy: bawa=infallible.

Paul hiding under statues was the best theory I've ever heard about his whereabouts :unsure:

Can't believe I missed the flying titty thread on the temp forum, 'cos I did :cry:

manker
07-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Stop pissing about, everyone :D

Paul is Entity101. No big deal.

DanB
07-09-2005, 04:54 PM

Peerzy
07-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Stop pissing about, everyone :D

Paul is Entity101. No big deal.

I got banned for saying that ages ago :snooty:

Also in the team chat logs theres a log with all the team members emails, including VB's.

Rat Faced
07-09-2005, 11:23 PM
1st there was the word, and the word was KLite.

And the Lord looked down spake to Paul and told him to spread the word.

And lo, Paul said unto VB "let us preach unto the masses" and VB begat the klite Board to spread the word.

The masses grew and Paul did make Jetje and CornerPocket as his chosen disciples to help in the teachings...

The heathen did not like the word, and chased the board and denied it bandwidth and so TRX said unto the Prphets: "Come unto us, for we like the word and will be beholden to it"

Alas, TRX yielded unto temptation and did try to take the board from Paul and VB; but the masses said "Nay". And even unto those masses that had been made great by TRX said "Nay" unto them.

And the masses did decide to kick TRX ass and did melt their servers with their wrath..

And the true prophets returned and said unto the masses "come unto us, and we will lead you to the promised land of 'what copywrite?' "

And so the masses travelled from Server to Server until the false phrophet Jon said unto them they may rest and brought with him the great pretender..

The evil ones then did pounce upon Paul and all that he did preach, and the great pretender said unto him: "Let me be thy webmaster, so that they cannot imprison thee, and lo change your handle so they may not find thee"..

And Lo Paul did let the pretender be the webmaster and did take the advice, content to stay unto his Codec and let others lead in the charge..

But Lo.. the pretender did expand the board and make many changes to its content, and when the masses were rebelling did sell the board for many dollars unto Brian, who did take lots of shit for he knew not what for..

Yet did Brian also believe in the word, and despite many temptations forced upon him by the masses attitude did stick with the board, and let the disciples of the word control the board and its preachings in its own way, so as to sooth the masses..

And lo, the word spreads...

tesco
07-09-2005, 11:30 PM
:lol: Nice RF!

brotherdoobie
07-10-2005, 04:32 AM
There was a great war...over ketchup!

Peace bd

Rat Faced
07-10-2005, 08:54 AM
There was a great war...over ketchup!

Peace bd

There stll is, there is merely a ceasefire.. as we still hold General Bender hostage.

Rip The Jacker
07-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Ahhh... I still remember the ketchup wars, those were the days. :lol:

Triadcool
08-04-2005, 09:01 PM
What ever happend to MuscleMan?

{I}{K}{E}
08-04-2005, 09:03 PM
What ever happend to MuscleMan?

he was banned.

99%
08-05-2005, 12:13 AM
he can be found here (http://www.kltforums.com/)

Triadcool
08-05-2005, 12:32 AM
What was he and other good members banned for?

Spicker
08-05-2005, 01:00 AM
KLT:(

Everose
08-05-2005, 01:43 AM
1st there was the word, and the word was KLite.

And the Lord looked down spake to Paul and told him to spread the word.

And lo, Paul said unto VB "let us preach unto the masses" and VB begat the klite Board to spread the word.

The masses grew and Paul did make Jetje and CornerPocket as his chosen disciples to help in the teachings...

The heathen did not like the word, and chased the board and denied it bandwidth and so TRX said unto the Prphets: "Come unto us, for we like the word and will be beholden to it"

Alas, TRX yielded unto temptation and did try to take the board from Paul and VB; but the masses said "Nay". And even unto those masses that had been made great by TRX said "Nay" unto them.

And the masses did decide to kick TRX ass and did melt their servers with their wrath..

And the true prophets returned and said unto the masses "come unto us, and we will lead you to the promised land of 'what copywrite?' "

And so the masses travelled from Server to Server until the false phrophet Jon said unto them they may rest and brought with him the great pretender..

The evil ones then did pounce upon Paul and all that he did preach, and the great pretender said unto him: "Let me be thy webmaster, so that they cannot imprison thee, and lo change your handle so they may not find thee"..

And Lo Paul did let the pretender be the webmaster and did take the advice, content to stay unto his Codec and let others lead in the charge..

But Lo.. the pretender did expand the board and make many changes to its content, and when the masses were rebelling did sell the board for many dollars unto Brian, who did take lots of shit for he knew not what for..

Yet did Brian also believe in the word, and despite many temptations forced upon him by the masses attitude did stick with the board, and let the disciples of the word control the board and its preachings in its own way, so as to sooth the masses..

And lo, the word spreads...

Damn, RF. You are good. I really am impressed. :D

muchspl3
08-05-2005, 02:02 AM
yea they really went out of the way to promote that site, really really out of the way
at first I didn't like MM but he was cool after I setteled in, I always wondered if he had a AE on here
I only posted a few times on klt, I might be already pruned from that site,

Busyman
09-28-2005, 09:55 PM
yea they really went out of the way to promote that site, really really out of the way
at first I didn't like MM but he was cool after I setteled in, I always wondered if he had a AE on here
Hmmm...it's not a bad site. I noticed Sharedholder, MUSCLEMAN, and balamm there.

Interesting...

zapjb
09-29-2005, 12:00 AM
Damn that post by RF on pg3 is right on. Excellent, excellent work!

peat moss
09-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Hmmm...it's not a bad site. I noticed Sharedholder, MUSCLEMAN, and balamm there.

Interesting...

Ya some great people there , in a perfect world we would be linking back and forth to each other instead of Neowin .

zapjb
09-29-2005, 03:49 AM
Yup I go there regularly. Just not as much traffic.

sniper038
09-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Great place for knowleadge!

jetje
10-06-2005, 08:55 AM
For people that are interested in the past of this forum!

Best tip --> make sure to browse more then 30 days, go to say the lounge
click last and the world of filesharingtalk aka kl board has hardly any surprises left for you :)

have fun reading stuff like this (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=647)

Remember Kazaa? (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=586)

We had a Belgian invasion once (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=1045)

The xmas time threads (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=1315)

We've had some strange, funny and nice people in here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=1637)

well dig out the other stuff yourself, there's enough reading material for some good laughs, smiles but it will cost you years of your live to catch up... :schnauz: :rolleyes:

oh and about someone running the temp forum on his own, don't believe everything you read... ;) El Jefe, CP, Paul, VB, Bender and others did way more then just that, and far more important, never screwed people behind their back ;) :01:

4play
10-06-2005, 12:52 PM
I still like the strip creator version of out history. shame i can't find a working link i keep getting redirected to http://www.filesharinghelp.com/internationalforums/index.php

http://www.stripcreator.com/comics/BenderSkweeky/118025

edit: correcting a drunken post.

thewizeard
10-06-2005, 06:41 PM
....and the Lord was impressed and amused with Rat Faced's accurate and biblical description of the board's history and decided to offer him co-admin status...

ziggyjuarez
10-06-2005, 08:24 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=1160 - 3,000
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=1526 - 4,000

4play
10-06-2005, 08:49 PM
http://www.stripcreator.com/comics/FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN/117899
http://www.stripcreator.com/comics/UKMan/118532

jetje
10-06-2005, 09:55 PM
http://www.stripcreator.com/comics/FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN/117899
http://www.stripcreator.com/comics/UKMan/118532

i always loved those comics, they always were very funny :w00t: :schnauz: :naughty:

Detale
02-17-2009, 06:54 AM
This should be called the Nursing home thread, you old bastards :P

Anyone know who is the oldest member on the board?

chalice
02-17-2009, 09:51 AM

Old Geezer. :01:

walkman79
02-17-2009, 11:07 PM

Detale, I thought staff knew who the oldest member on the board is. Anyway, you should probably ask in the staff forum :D

wow members from 2002:
jetje: Join Date: Sep 2002 !

SonsOfLiberty
02-18-2009, 06:00 AM

Wow even bumped up a thread that is 4 years old :blink:

Skiz
02-18-2009, 06:09 AM
Do you mean, who is the oldest in age, or who has been a member the longest?

The members list can tell you the latter - http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/memberlist.php?order=ASC&sort=joindate&pp=30

neevakee
02-24-2009, 01:00 AM
Boy this thread brings back a lot of memories. I remember the Klite/K++ days, but can't even recall the site name. It was completely different back then. It never was the same to me after the site got hacked, but it has always been a good place to come and discuss filesharing and life in general. It is so interesting to see who has stayed and gotten promoted and who fadded away.

Swift
02-24-2009, 02:48 PM
it's even older then I tought . Could to see the oldies still active here and don't letting the newcomers getting on top .

walkman79
02-27-2009, 01:19 AM
So, VB was the first owner of the Forum? and When did FST owner changed? and Why Paul is not the first member ?

:D Too many questions but I'm curious now that I know a little bit of the history of this Forum :P

Btw, I also was a fan of Kazaa from 2002 to 2006 but I didn't know about this Forum because my english was worse then :lol:.

peat moss
02-28-2009, 06:05 AM
I'v often thought about the old days , pre invite forum anyway . A lot different people come and go , ya can't keep them all . If I could I'd go back to the old days it just would'nt be the same .

First invite I got was a peace offering from a lounge member ,I did n't even know what it was . Looking back now its like thanks buddie . :happy:

Mr. Blunt
04-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Sorry to bring back an old thread but man there was some good times here on KL Board. :)

bilkenter
04-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Any chance i could have a history of this site, how it started, who owns it now etc...i sort of heard of a guy called brian and that's it...

Just wondering
why people keep reading my mind? i was curious about it too and made a little digging and found out it was started in 2003 according to source but couldnt find much more info, thank your the thread repped for this xD

edit: cant rep ya threelion xD

chalice
04-08-2009, 09:54 PM

Just wondering
why people keep reading my mind? i was curious about it too and made a little digging and found out it was started in 2003 according to source but couldnt find much more info, thank your the thread repped for this xD

Well, you dug up shite, then, like.

It was started in 2002. Look at some members' start dates ffs.

It was originally centred around the Kazaa Lite client and evolved from there.

I could go into the development of the site since then but I can't be arsed.

bilkenter
04-08-2009, 09:58 PM

Well, you dug up shite, then, like.

It was started in 2002. Look at some members' start dates ffs.

It was originally centred around the Kazaa Lite client and evolved from there.

I could go into the development of the site since then but I can't be arsed.
Google led me to alexa and a page in which that was said (the beginning of fst) I havent run into anything like klite or so, Thank you for the info :)

The Flying Cow
04-09-2009, 12:05 AM
I think it closed and then re-opened in 2002 wasn't that about right chalice? Maybe I'm wrong, this was before my day.

zapjb
04-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Ah the good ole days of F*** TRX & the Catsup WAR!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Rat Faced
04-11-2009, 03:46 PM

Ketchup :snooty:

{I}{K}{E}
04-11-2009, 04:57 PM
I think it closed and then re-opened in 2002 wasn't that about right chalice? Maybe I'm wrong, this was before my day.

we never closed :P

we didn't have a forum for a while but we were there... spying and lurking. Paul had made a special trojan :naughty:

JPaul
04-11-2009, 08:00 PM
There was a temporary board but it was just like an old fashioned bulletin board type thing. That was the first time I was goatse'd by some arsehole.

zapjb
04-11-2009, 10:03 PM

Ketchup :snooty:
Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me. lol. Bad memory RF not disrespect.

mjmacky
08-31-2011, 07:39 AM
This was a K-lite forum?!

I am feeling ashamed for having ignored FST's history

Skiz
09-01-2011, 04:57 AM

It was the KLite forum. The 'K-Lite Forum' button within the client used to open up the forum which would eventually become FST. It was started by Entity and VB. "...which became very popular as Random Nut (K-lite creator) was a regular poster, and many other developers used to come here and post tools and add-ons, etc. Then Paul moved on to the Codec pack project, and most others lost interest in K-lite too (mostly due to deficiencies in the base kazaa code itself) and moved on to other filesharing methods, such as limewire and/or bittorrent..." (Barbs)

When the old URL wasn't renewed, the board was moved to a new URL, but since everything redirected to the old one, site hits went to nearly zero overnight. For a while, the forum was teetering on closing up. The board was sold a couple of times (I think) and eventually landed in the lap of 7thElement, who made the board 'Filesharingtalk'. It was then sold to the current owner, rookiecrd1. From there, {IKE}, RealitY and tesco have been the main admins who have kept the board running, along with too many mods to list.

tesco
09-01-2011, 10:58 PM

It was the KLite forum. The 'K-Lite Forum' button within the client used to open up the forum which would eventually become FST. It was started by Entity and VB. "...which became very popular as Random Nut (K-lite creator) was a regular poster, and many other developers used to come here and post tools and add-ons, etc. Then Paul moved on to the Codec pack project, and most others lost interest in K-lite too (mostly due to deficiencies in the base kazaa code itself) and moved on to other filesharing methods, such as limewire and/or bittorrent..." (Barbs)

When the old URL wasn't renewed, the board was moved to a new URL, but since everything redirected to the old one, site hits went to nearly zero overnight. For a while, the forum was teetering on closing up. The board was sold a couple of times (I think) and eventually landed in the lap of 7thElement, who made the board 'Filesharingtalk'. It was then sold to the current owner, rookiecrd1. From there, {IKE}, RealitY and tesco have been the main admins who have kept the board running, along with too many mods to list.Actually 7th bought the forum and changed the name and URL to filesharingtalk.com before the old URL was lost. The board just lost activity because of poor management (lack of interest by 7th), and the fact that klite was quickly dying out. It was only after the board was sold to rookie/brian that the old URL got lost, because 7th (who disappeared after he sold the forum) never provided brian the account information for it.
That lost us all of the "klite forum button" traffic but I doubt it was much, seeing as klite was basically already dead anyway.

anigav
10-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Are some of the Mods connected to WHT? I see some common names.

cescfabri
12-03-2011, 02:18 AM
excellent work :D