PDA

View Full Version : Best Cell Phone Plan?

jrzofclay
07-09-2005, 10:21 PM
delete

Virtualbody1234
07-09-2005, 11:23 PM
It all depends on what your usage will be. The amount of call time and when you use it.

Rat Faced
07-09-2005, 11:30 PM
And what country your in..

Virtualbody1234
07-09-2005, 11:41 PM
And what country your in..

Tikibonbon
07-09-2005, 11:48 PM
What is a good family plan? I've never had a cell phone and my family is going to get cell phones. Are there any good plans out right now? Also, what are some things i should be looking out for in getting one, ex. minutes, roaming, night and weekend minutes, etc.

I really like Sprints latest offering for family share plans. Obviously nights and weekends are free, that is standard, but for $5 more a month, your nights can start at 7 instead of 9. Might not seem like a big thing, but that's an extra 60 free hours a month. For $5 more a month, you can add no roaming anywhere in the continental US. Also, the have done away with the regular 35-45 cents a minute overage fees and have opted for a simple $5 per 100 minutes over your regular plan.

jrzofclay
07-10-2005, 02:52 AM
delete

HCT
07-10-2005, 03:05 AM
sprint will get better because nextel is making a partnership with them

Tikibonbon
07-10-2005, 03:25 AM
I really like Sprints latest offering for family share plans. Obviously nights and weekends are free, that is standard, but for $5 more a month, your nights can start at 7 instead of 9. Might not seem like a big thing, but that's an extra 60 free hours a month. For $5 more a month, you can add no roaming anywhere in the continental US. Also, the have done away with the regular 35-45 cents a minute overage fees and have opted for a simple $5 per 100 minutes over your regular plan.
When you say $5 more a month, is it flat $5, or each line an extra $5? I read about what you posted in the plan brochure i got today. I havent heard anything too great about Sprint in terms of the signal i would get. How is it compared to t-mobile, verizon, etc?

It is a flat $5. Also the second line is included, lines 3-5 are $10 each. As far a signal goes, Verizon is usually the best, but cost more. Sprint is usually second, but better priced. T-Mobile shouldn't even be considered. The reason they give you so many minutes and such good deals is due to the fact they have one of the worst coverage areas. I also don't hold much hope for their continued existence. Their new no deposit for anyone idea just may put them out of business, as it almost killed sprint when they did it. If sprint couldn't pull it off, t-mobile doesn't stand a chance.

Tikibonbon
07-10-2005, 03:28 AM

Sprint actually bought them.

They haven't decided what they want to do with them yet, tho. Debating between operating them as 2 seperate entities or mergeing them. If they merge them, nextel will more than likely take over sprints business customers as they excelled in business customers. whereas sprint will take all nextel's residental service as that is where they excel.

HCT
07-10-2005, 04:24 PM

Sprint actually bought them.

They haven't decided what they want to do with them yet, tho. Debating between operating them as 2 seperate entities or mergeing them. If they merge them, nextel will more than likely take over sprints business customers as they excelled in business customers. whereas sprint will take all nextel's residental service as that is where they excel.

i knew it was something among those lines, they will make a good team

zapjb
07-10-2005, 04:34 PM
See if you're in the MetroPCS area. I know they cover Sacramento. It's like $45 per phone a month. That's unlimited local & ld & text & pictures & vm. They're not everywhere only 4 places in US. But it's the freakin best deal by far. Google is your friend.

Virtualbody1234
07-10-2005, 05:44 PM
See if you're in the MetroPCS area. I know they cover Sacramento. It's like $45 per phone a month. That's unlimited local & ld & text & pictures & vm. They're not everywhere only 4 places in US. But it's the freakin best deal by far. Google is your friend.
$45 per phone a month... Best deal by far.

???

I don't think so. If, for example, he wants 3 phones and doesn't talk that much then it's way too expensive for his needs.

micolithe
07-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Personally I like Cingulair. Mainly because it was either Cingulair or T-Mobile, since those are the only two services that work on my college campus, and T-Mobile's signal is really weak everywhere other than my college.

Smith
07-11-2005, 12:56 AM
Fido has some good ones, aleast in Canada.

Peerzy
07-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Vodaphone :01:

Called up the other day (3 months into a 12 month contract) and said i wanted downgrade how much i pay and my minutes they said they understand and offered me a new 12 month contract when i get the same minutes as i do now but instead of £25 a month it's £5 a month :01:

zapjb
07-24-2005, 04:21 AM
Yes it's the best deal by far for me. I talk to people all over for 2000 minutes plus a month.