PDA

View Full Version : Clients comparison

Valentino
07-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Has anyone done a comparision between the different Bittorrent clients? Or is there any reviews of them available?

horia
07-10-2005, 10:51 AM
yes I have done between azureus and bitcomet.. bitcomet doesn't have so many options, things to view when downloading a torrent, it just let u see the basic things u need to see.... azureus on the other hand has lots of plugins with witch u can enlarge u're options and so on... an important thing that I like about azureus is that it can use trackless torrents... it uses kadmelia(the thing that is used in emule plus, aka KAD) to connect to other users when a torrent is not found on the tracker given...
I haven't seen any difference when inspecting n how many seeds/peers each program can connect to... each has options were u can put the max number of connections allowed to per torrent and global...

Geekless
07-11-2005, 07:33 PM
it's not complete comparison of bittorrent client's but gives som overview of the different client's out there:
http://planet.time.net.my/KLCC/chor_win/2005/02/bittorrent-client-full-review-and.htm

NB btw i use/like bitcomet (KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid)

Valentino
07-12-2005, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the answers. I am also currently using BitComet, but it sounds like Azureus is worth a try.

falconman515
07-14-2005, 06:26 AM
BitTornado is the easiest one to use click and download....Thats it can't beat that...try it out if you havent already!

horia
07-14-2005, 06:50 AM
BitTornado is the easiest one to use click and download....Thats it can't beat that...try it out if you havent already!

yes it is ... really easy to use but when u don't have a DSL connection u will really appreciate a fas resume option cause I stay days to download a dvd... so if u have fas internet connections that could be a better option but if u don't that isn't much...

Floorfiller
07-14-2005, 12:16 PM
I have bitcomet for large files and bittornado for smaller files. My upload is a tad better with BC

armorer
07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
UL speed is actually the only thing that would pull me off Azureus, have people noticed a significant improvement in UL speeds using another client? I always figured it was lower than the theoretical max due to general overhead and Acks. I generally get 80K/s UL, but my connection (using an online bandwidth tester) seems capable of 10X that...

|F1|
07-14-2005, 08:42 PM
I think you mean that the bandwith tester says 800 kbits, and if azureus is maxing out at 80 KB/s that means it is maxing out your connection. I might be wrong, though.

armorer
07-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Oh...hmm good point, that pesky Kbits KB discrepancy. I'll double check at home tonight. Thanks! It will set my mind at ease to know that I don't have a big chunk of unused UL bandwidth I can't tap into. That's been bugging me for a while now.