PDA

View Full Version : "The Pacific War" (2006) (mini)

{I}{K}{E}
07-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Plot Outline: A 10-part mini-series from the creators of "Band of Brothers" telling stories of America's battle with the Japanese in the Pacific during World War II.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/

does anyone know more about this serie?

BoB was the best (mini) serie ever imo :)

cpt_azad
07-11-2005, 12:23 AM
indeed it was (BoB), I heard about this one a while back (someone else posted it here on the boards). Don't know much about it except that it's based on the 1st Marine Division, 2nd Battalion of H Company (Heard this many times, not sure because it's not been said by the filmmakers, they're trying to keep it a secret).

Smith
07-11-2005, 02:56 AM
I wish they made a WW2 series like BoB from the point of view from all sides. Germany, Britian, US, Itaily, Canada ect..

That would be really cool.

maebach
07-11-2005, 03:10 AM
i cant wait

BawA
07-11-2005, 12:51 PM
BOB was one hell of series, acctually i love each WWII movies liek saving private ryen, thin red line, sahara desert and many more.

Smith
07-11-2005, 08:55 PM
It would be neat seing the battle from both sides, first half of the show is allies and second half is the same battle from the axis, or they could do it in a mixed sort of way.

dodgy368
07-11-2005, 10:25 PM
It would be neat seing the battle from both sides, first half of the show is allies and second half is the same battle from the axis, or they could do it in a mixed sort of way.

The Eagle Has Landed

A Bridge Too Far

Plenty of films have done it from both sides but we always win!:lol:

Gripper
07-11-2005, 10:35 PM
If we had lost we would be seeing films like-Saving private himmler or The battle of London,The taking of Pearl Harbour(no disrespect intended)

silent h3ro
07-11-2005, 11:41 PM
If we had lost we would be seeing films like-Saving private himmler or The battle of London,The taking of Pearl Harbour(no disrespect intended) We prolly wouldnt be seeing ne at all.

mr. nails
01-24-2006, 05:53 AM
bad ass! loved saving private ryan and then Band of Brothers!!! BoB was GREAT! now, the creators are making The Pacific War! (http://www.the-pacific-war.com/) Can't wait!

worldpease
01-24-2006, 06:55 AM
I liked 'private rian' too,
and it has been long time I've wanted to dld. band of brothers, but I never do it.

Skillian
01-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Private Rayan was great, but for some reason I waited until last month to download BoB. So glad I did, the series was amazing, one of the best mini-series of all time.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for Pacific War.

edit: any idea when this will be broadcast? I can't seem to find any info on that.

cpt_azad
01-25-2006, 02:14 AM
Private Rayan was great, but for some reason I waited until last month to download BoB. So glad I did, the series was amazing, one of the best mini-series of all time.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for Pacific War.

edit: any idea when this will be broadcast? I can't seem to find any info on that.

dude, it not "one" of the best, it IS the best miniseries to date :)

sorry, no new info that i can find, but that's cuz i havent checked yet :P ill go look now.

maebach
01-25-2006, 03:16 AM
I'm a huge fan of WWII movies and history. I loved BOB and Saving Private Ryan. I also want to see Das Boot, which was about German subs. I cant wait till this show comes out. I posted in this thread a while back. Cptasda, post when you find out when it comes.

worldpease
03-11-2006, 07:31 AM
Wow, I just finished watching the first two episodes
of 'Band Of Brothers' and sudently I feel like playing Call Of Duty 2,
I mean, the secon episode is just like a recreation of the game,
it's great.
And 'cpt_azad' is right,
I've liked "Into The West", and "Taken", but this one seems to be almost
like a feature flick. Though I still have 8 eps. to watch.