PDA

View Full Version : for some reason my host file isn't blocking http://www.newsleecher.com/

muchspl3
07-11-2005, 07:04 AM
and now my program has expired, what can I do? anyone care to pm a earlier version to "try"

guess I need a fix for the host thing also...

edit:
I got a working version of 2,0 but I need to fix the host problem, is their a IP I could block or something?

Hanz™
07-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Yeah mine did that recently (aka yesterday) I had to switch back to newsleecher 2.0.

Add:
127.0.0.1 www.newsleecher.com

Into your HOSTS file.

lee551
07-11-2005, 05:44 PM
i just read this when i saw a newsleecher 2.3 post:

You can edit your hosts file (standard: C:WINDOWSsystem32driversetc ) and add these 2 lines:
127.0.0.1 newsleecher.com
127.0.0.1 www.newsleecher.com

i'm going to post it in the nzbs section. could try out that release i guess.

colonblow87
07-12-2005, 03:24 AM
I'm having trouble saving my hosts file after I make the addition of the two lines. I open it in notepad and add the lines then close the file and am asked if I want to save the text changes in the file. This is where it goes bad. After I respond "yes" a dialog says it can not create the C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file. It says I should make sure the path and filename are correct.
I did a change to the hosts file of another PC in the house an hour earlier and it worked flawlessly.
Both PCs are running XP.

Any guesses?

Rip The Jacker
07-12-2005, 03:32 AM
Right click on it, and click on properties, make sure Read-Only is unchecked.

RealitY
07-12-2005, 06:47 AM
I got a working version of 2,0 but I need to fix the host problem, is their a IP I could block or something?
I guess you could use 67.19.207.210 in something like Sygate or the like...

kamulated
07-27-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm having trouble saving my hosts file after I make the addition of the two lines. I open it in notepad and add the lines then close the file and am asked if I want to save the text changes in the file. This is where it goes bad. After I respond "yes" a dialog says it can not create the C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file. It says I should make sure the path and filename are correct.
I did a change to the hosts file of another PC in the house an hour earlier and it worked flawlessly.
Both PCs are running XP.

Any guesses?

sometimes you got 2 hostfiles; host.txt witch is 'n example file and host file without any extension.
You must open te one without extentsion, typ the 2 newsleechers names and save, not save as..

Hanz™
07-27-2005, 10:31 AM
I guess you could use 67.19.207.210 in something like Sygate or the like...
Is that the correct IP for newsleecher then?
I had to downgrade from 2.3 cos the hosts file wasn't working properly.

RealitY
07-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Should be although you could double check it...