PDA

View Full Version : Usenext...heard of it?

shakoor_h
05-03-2005, 10:18 PM
I just saw an ad for this on the internet and was wondering if anyone has tried it. Apparently it connects to 60,000+ newsgroups.

Filliz
05-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Haven't heard of them but I wouldn't sign up with them though.
Don't like it just by looking at their site: http://www.usenext.de/

And don't be fooled with the 60,000+ newsgroups.
Yes,there are that many but 59,000+ of them are just useless groups cluttered with spam.

If you're going for a paid service I suggest you get one of the more known providers.(There's a topic here somewhere with a list of the better newsproviders)
And if you're really new to newsgroups and aren't sure on how everything works I'd suggest subscribing to a newshost that also offers webbased access to Usenet.
This way you can browse the groups and dl files through your regular browser 'till you can figure out how to set up your newsreader (although it isn't that hard at all).

edit:
And Usenext software (http://www.usenext.de/UseNextDE/ShopInt/misc/miscShowSoftware.cfm?SNUUID=A4A9E493-0A56-EF8E-5ADDE1B34E9874B7&1115159666015&). :sick:
The look and feel of that site alone is like a Kazaa scamsite,so I really woulnd't touch it.

Filliz
05-03-2005, 11:33 PM
And another thing :P :

Their prices!
9$ a month for 5 gigs :mellow:
I pay 9$ for 10 gigs ;)

And their 'Top Newsgroups' list isn't correct either.
They're just putting names there of newsgroups that have "interesting" names.

Their toplist:
1. a.b.dvd
2. a.b.erotica
3. a.b.cd.image.xbox
4. a.b.cd.image.ps2
5. a.b.sounds.mp3

But when I go check the newsgroups with the most articles through my newsprovider it's this:
1. alt.binaries.boneless (141852 articles)
2. alt.binaries.multimedia (120719 articles)
3. alt.binaries.dvd (60324 articles)
4. alt.binaries.multimedia.erotica (41437 articles)
5. alt.binaries.dvdr (32104 articles)

And they don't even say anything about retention and completion on their servers :frusty:

Damn,I hate sites like that!

RealitY
05-04-2005, 01:00 AM
It does look like a scam site on the layout although may be fine and Im guessing you may have seen this as an eMule advert. Anyway you could just use a well known server like NewsHosting and get unlimited for $14.95 per month...

leonidas
05-17-2005, 04:56 PM
usenext what is that ? revolution or spam?
http://www.usenext.de/index.cfm?TD=361460&sskintoken=bundy

RealitY
05-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Merged...

leonidas
05-17-2005, 07:43 PM
sorry I thought it was interesting as it was linked by a good site

leonidas
05-17-2005, 07:49 PM
BTW I love that guy

RealitY
05-17-2005, 09:15 PM
sorry I thought it was interesting as it was linked by a good site
They must have a good referral payout as it seems theyre in alot places recently...

threelions00
07-11-2005, 07:19 PM
hi, i came across this and was wandering if the wiser amongst us could tell me what it is, is it any good etc...cheers 3lions

http://www.usenext.com/

Gre1
07-12-2005, 04:48 AM
bullshit don't fuck with it case closed.

nemesis01
07-12-2005, 07:49 AM
my isp provides free newsgroup access, though the top groups have been removed. i am considering subscribing to a paid for service, there are some that offer unlimited transfers for a not too harsh monthly fee, so i hear anyway.

Filliz
07-12-2005, 04:02 PM
my isp provides free newsgroup access, though the top groups have been removed. i am considering subscribing to a paid for service, there are some that offer unlimited transfers for a not too harsh monthly fee, so i hear anyway.
I think you can get the best deal at newshosting if you're looking for an unlimited account.

If you can/must do with a 10 Gig a month I think Easynews is the best deal.
They have roll-over gigs too so the monthly dl limit does increase over time.

But for unlimited :: NewsHosting :01:

RealitY
07-12-2005, 04:15 PM
i am considering subscribing to a paid for service, there are some that offer unlimited transfers for a not too harsh monthly fee, so i hear anyway.
Dont forget our referral...
http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500

:) :)

Master$hake
07-13-2005, 03:10 AM
www.usenetserver.com is very good as well, I connect at max 4mbit for me whenever I'm on. 15$us a month unlimited, good completetion and about 26day retention for binaries.

And yea that site usenext looks wicked shady I would go near it.

sameer0807
07-13-2005, 09:27 AM
that site is definatley a scam....layout is so gay....

prometeus
08-01-2005, 06:00 PM
it is a scam cause their top 5 newsgroups are so fake...
1. a.b.dvd
2. a.b.erotica
3. a.b.cd.image.xbox
4. a.b.cd.image.ps2
5. a.b.sounds.mp3

Everybody knows most things are posted in Boneless, cores, x, NL, dvd
But that wont sell of course....

reignking
09-25-2005, 03:09 PM
jumping in late on this one but this site is not a scam! my roomate uses them for their free trial period of 3 gigs when something comes up that he wants to download.

i used them before i got an unlimited account. so for those looking to get their feet wet with newsgroups this is a good chance to do so with no risk.

rk

Ranilin
03-11-2006, 07:24 AM
I know I'm new to this site, but I've been trying to find a new way to get releases sooner than waiting for torrents.. last year I signed up for the 10gig/month subscription plan at UseNeXT because of the recommendations from a site I trust. I must say, I am NOT disappointed. Yes, the "top newsgroup page" doesn't reflect the actual top groups anymore.. the lists on the web-site must not have been updated in EONS if you just look at the following (even though the files are no longer retained, naturally).. at the time of this exact posting, the top groups by articles are:

1) alt.binaries.boneless with 47,024,274.
2) alt.binaries.nl with 34,113,845
3) alt.binaries.dvd with 23,874,451
4) alt.binaries.cores with 16,861,724
5) alt.binaries.x with 16,399,844
6) alt.binaries.nordic.dvdr with 13,044,298
7) alt.binaries.hdtv with 12,949,176
8) alt.binaries.multimedia with 11,531,293
9) alt.binaries.dvd.image with 11,523,052
10) alt.binaries.dvd.german with 9,851,114

Keep in mind UseNeXT is a german based 'company', most of its SPEAKING users ARE actually german - rest of us just leech :P
Top groups by files are:
1) alt.binaries.nospam.teenfem.nonude with 320,545
2) alt.binaries.boneless with 309,307
3) alt.binaries.multimedia with 186,753
4) alt.binaries.nl with 177,716
5) alt.binaries.tv with 150,591
6) alt.binaries.pictures.tease with 149,278
7) alt.binaries.pictures.erotica with 147,376
8) alt.binaries.amp with 120,621
9) alt.binaries.modelsz with 113,498
10) alt.binaries.cores with 110,641

I promise the site is not bad.. see, the thing is, there are a lot of things I download that I do NOT need right this instant, which is why I've found I like UseNeXT. If I don't need it right away, I can switch to "Unlimited Downloads" and while my download speed reduces drastically (usually from 350-370KB on my 3mb down connection down to around 100KB), it doesn't take away from my 10gig limit per month. Of course, there's the ability to use all 10gigs of unrestricted bandwidth and recharge MANUALLY so you start to use the next month's allotment right away. Retention is around 60-90 days. Oldest I've ever downloaded is 98 days, but I've tried files/articles that are gone by 63 days.

I know this topic is slightly old, but I just wanted to post my good experience with it. It totalled up to 120 gigs total I paid for and used every bit of it (within 5-6 months, although it was a 12 month plan - my "Account" doesn't end until July even though I canceled already - I can STILL use the Unlimited for completely free until then). So while I used all 120gigs I paid for, I've had to have downloaded at least 250 to 300gigs since I signed up last July.

My reason for coming to these forums is to see if I can find a competitor that can match UseNeXT for me.. Right now, I don't have the ability to pay another full-length subscription fee (sadly, unlike Giganews, Americans can't pay month-to-month, it's 12, 9, and 6 month plans respectively). So I can't get new releases within a few hours because I'm stuck using the Unlimited plan right now.. I'll be browsing the forums looking for anything similar, but even Giganews seems a little high priced in comparison to UseNeXT. :( It does have the advantage of being able to cancel month-to-month though..

RealitY
03-11-2006, 08:14 AM
Take your pick of umlimited plans
https://controlpanel.newshosting.com/newssignup/signup/index.php?r=51500&unlimited=TRUE

If you prefer a plan thats set by GB per month
http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500

Theres links to GigaNews and PowerUsenet in a pinned topic also.
All of these have great service and a variation of features and prices...

mountana
03-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Usenext isn't bad for someone who is just learning about newsgroups. Thier retention is just as good as anyone elses.

j0hn
03-12-2006, 01:15 AM
usenext.de is legit, although i never use newsgroups myself
they also have a banner on the bitlord bt client that i used to use.

i'd go with a site recommended by the users here though, so i'd pass on usenext

krapper
03-17-2006, 02:33 AM
I've tried the usenext 3 GB trial.
It's nice, except their completion is not as good as many of the other providers out there.
Also, their system is ridden with bugs (the unlimited plan still eats away at your download volume, etc.) and their support chat is useless.
If you want to try them out, go ahead, the free trial is nice, but if you want to be able to download without having to worry about completion/repairing files, I would go with another service (especially if you want a paid service)

redshark
03-23-2006, 09:16 AM
I have been using giganews first, but then I joined usenext some months ago mainly because of their easy to use usenet client with this built in search engine and thumbnail preview for picture newsgroups. another highlight is a "download wizard" that automatically downloads all the files needed for a certain movie for example, and then repairs and uncompresses the files, so that you can immediately play the movie after the download has finished. to check the quality you are able to preview movies even if they are compressed and split into rar files.

since they offer this unrestricted "low speed" download (up to 500 kbps -> that's more than 140 GB per month) additionally for free, they are more than competitive with their prices. I don't need that much downloads anyway...

@Ranilin: they also offer monthly plans, just look at this page:
http://www.usenext.com/UseNextDE/shopInt/obj/cart/caShowCheckout.cfm?&sLangToken=ENG

krapper
03-24-2006, 03:07 PM
I have been using giganews first, but then I joined usenext some months ago mainly because of their easy to use usenet client with this built in search engine and thumbnail preview for picture newsgroups. another highlight is a "download wizard" that automatically downloads all the files needed for a certain movie for example, and then repairs and uncompresses the files, so that you can immediately play the movie after the download has finished. to check the quality you are able to preview movies even if they are compressed and split into rar files.

since they offer this unrestricted "low speed" download (up to 500 kbps -> that's more than 140 GB per month) additionally for free, they are more than competitive with their prices. I don't need that much downloads anyway...

@Ranilin: they also offer monthly plans, just look at this page:
http://www.usenext.com/UseNextDE/shopInt/obj/cart/caShowCheckout.cfm?&sLangToken=ENG
I ditched them because the "unlimited" plan actually ate away at my download credits

usenext suck
04-01-2006, 06:01 AM
Hi guys, excuse my newness but I'm just doing the rounds to the forums to spread the word on scam site - Usenext.

--------------

There's an employee out there defending them at every op so I thought I'd post some hard evidence proving they're a scam -

----------------

- I must first say to you all - Yes I did get the software, which was ok I guess... I did use it but cancelled as soon as I realised I was being charged -
------------------

I did sign up for the 14 day trial and they charged me about 1 hour later.

I have since emailed USENEXT 4 times - (nice long queue of 413 they had there!) with no reply given as yet except one basically avoiding the subject in question and giving me the run-around with no refund offered.

Go to: http://www.roadrider.com.au/usenext_is_a_scam

And you'll see the copies of all the emails I've sent them, the order I made and the receipt they sent me. And this all happened within 48 hours. I signed up, they charged me, I cancelled.

I notice they removed the comment about not charging people while on the 14 day free trial too.

Luckily I took a screen grab of that while it still existed to give to my bank. This can also be found at:
http://www.roadrider.com.au/usenext_is_a_scam

I have posted both screen grabs of my emails and what usenext scam site used to say.

I have very simple questions for them:

1. Why was I charged during the free trial when it says, in bold I will NOT be charged and you're saying you've never charged people??

2. Why did you remove that comment from the site?

3. Why have I not received a reply?

4. How do you live with yourself you slimy piece of cyber scum??

-----------------

Thank guys!

macmason
04-01-2006, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=Filliz]
9$ a month for 5 gigs :mellow:
I pay 9$ for 10 gigs ;)

QUOTE]

man try these if your paying for just 10gb of stuff

3 for 3 High Speed Trial - $3.00
3 days of high-speed Usenet service with unlimited downloads for $3.00.

https://usenetserver.com/

your get nine days none stop

i have 3-month High Speed - $39.95 *
3 months of high-speed Usenet service with unlimited downloads for $39.95.

but its been perfect for me so i think i go monthly next month

well i guess its what connection and time you have to download and what you need
i had 3 months lik ei said by 2nd month i used up my 250gb hard drive lmao

truenorth
04-01-2006, 01:22 PM
I saw usenext today and was enticed to sign up until...they asked for a credit card. that immediately raised a red flag. thank god i didn't go ahead.

MarkIve
04-03-2006, 09:49 PM
I have used the usenext trial and wasnt charged a penny... it worked really well but at the time i didnt want to continue to use it. I am now looking again and am definatly considering using usenext unless i can find someone better..

I only have a 500k connection so they may work out better for me with their unlimited option.

krapper
04-11-2006, 06:07 PM
I tried their unlimited but there were bugs in the system and it wasn't really unlimited. (It took like 2/3 a credit for each 1 MB downloaded) If you're going to pay, I suggest giganews or newshosting.

waggy
04-23-2006, 03:30 PM
ive been with newshosting unlimited for 7 months even though ive heard all the servers are in the us (im uk). they still max out my download speed, will reply to ur emails usually within 2 hours with usefull solutions to your problems. i cant fault them.

When i was looking they were also the cheapest for unlimited that i found, not sure if this is still the case though